Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

s u s i e

AMIRA whitening soap

anyone tried this brand yet?
Hey fellow soompiers ^^

After I saw the thread on how Papaya soap is proven to be a natural way to whiten your skin.

I rushed down to the Filo store that I have in my town since Pilipinos are popular for their whitening products.

Holy moly the store practically had a shelf packed filled with all this whitening lotions, cream, face washes.

But I wasn't sure if any of them would really work...seemed a bit of a bogus to me.

So I searched around the whole store and there was no Papaya soap >.< Which was a suprise since I thought that would be a really common thing in a philipino store.

But when i went over to the counter to asked about it I saw this "Amira magic soap displayed behind the counter. I was like "hot diggity!! it must work since its BEHIND the counter instead of on the shelf with all the other whitening products! :w00t: "

So i bought it...it was friken 10 bucks for a lump of soap! for a SOAP. =O

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this brand before and if they saw any changes.

I researched on the net and apparently theres a cream that also comes with it and I was wondering if the soap alone would lighten because I don't think I remember seeing the cream on the shelf.

If not then I'll be using this soap for a few weeks and I'll update on my progress if you guys would like. =]

According to the internet you can see changes in as little as 7-10 days of usage---hopefully its not all a big scam =X T_T

amira?

never heard of it..doesn't sound popular/familiar or maybe there is too many whitening products available in filipino stores..sorry for useless post

but hey maybe ill suggest it to my sister since she's into this..

Hey fellow soompiers ^^

After I saw the thread on how Papaya soap is proven to be a natural way to whiten your skin.

I rushed down to the Filo store that I have in my town since Pilipinos are popular for their whitening products.

Holy moly the store practically had a shelf packed filled with all this whitening lotions, cream, face washes.

But I wasn't sure if any of them would really work...seemed a bit of a bogus to me.

So I searched around the whole store and there was no Papaya soap >.< Which was a suprise since I thought that would be a really common thing in a philipino store.

But when i went over to the counter to asked about it I saw this "Amira magic soap displayed behind the counter. I was like "hot diggity!! it must work since its BEHIND the counter instead of on the shelf with all the other whitening products! :w00t: "

So i bought it...it was friken 10 bucks for a lump of soap! for a SOAP. =O

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this brand before and if they saw any changes.

I researched on the net and apparently theres a cream that also comes with it and I was wondering if the soap alone would lighten because I don't think I remember seeing the cream on the shelf.

If not then I'll be using this soap for a few weeks and I'll update on my progress if you guys would like. =]

According to the internet you can see changes in as little as 7-10 days of usage---hopefully its not all a big scam =X T_T

I never heard of that brand before and i'm filipino. But I've used papaya soap before and it really works. it just takes a couple of days to work and try to stay away from the sun cause no use of using the soap if you expose your self to the sun. hope this help...

^Omg?

really?

i'm a filipino too. i've used whitening lotions, not soaps. -_- lols.

so i don't know if it works that well.

but, i heard some of the soaps are making your skin dry?

LoL yea after I heard about the papaya soap, I made my filipino guy friend drive me to the Filipino grocery store to look for it. 10 dollars is way too much I think. I only bought one bar of the papaya to test it out. If it works, I'll buy some more ^^;; it was only 2.50 per bar.

If the amira brand costs you 10 bucks, then it'd better work!

i remember someone said that this brand has some harmful ingredients in it that's really bad for your skin....i mean comon it's behind the counter, it sounds a bit fishy >_>;; ~

Oh wow, haven't heard of Amira before. What are the ingredients in it? I hope there aren't harmful bleaching chemicals in it. It does seem a bit expensive, but if it's safe and it works, then it's worth it. Hope it'll work well for you. Update us about your progress. :)

i've heard good reviews about it in another forum.

It works but make sure you're not buying a fake one...i dont know how to determine though.

lol, i herd u have to b careful with whitening products coz they usually hav sum sorta bleaching agent in them, lol...iuno though..haaha

gosh i wish i was in the filo...i want whitening products :tears:

Amira is a brand of whitening products that ranges from lotion, soap and magic cream. Magic cream became controversial here in the Philippines because it supposedly contained Mercury. :( But it was effective on my mother and she still uses the cream until now. I dont know though if the soap also contains Mercury but just be careful because there are imitations out in the market.

i tried it last summer.. it works but everyone says its really bad for your skin :X

i saw a difference in one week. i think you got it was a good price cause i paid $33 for the cream, soap, and shipping.