Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leongfun

Pharrell's Groundbreaking Tattoo Removal Surgery.

43 posts in this topic

Posted

zmnyic.jpg

Pharrell, the more visible member of both the Neptunes and N.E.R.D., is aiming to change his skateboard image by removing some of his tattoos. But he won't be doing it the old-fashioned way.

This week the music mogul and fashion trendsetter told British Vogue that his tattoos no longer fit his lifestyle and so he is trying a revolutionary new tattoo removal procedure, which involves applying replicated skin over old body art.

"It's basically like getting a skin graft, but you're not taking skin from your richard simmons or your legs. These guys actually grow the skin for you," he explained to Vogue. "First you have to give them a sample of your skin, which they then replicate. Once that's been done, they sew it on - and it's seamless."

With such a new and drastic procedure, one can only imagine the cost of the quick outpatient surgery. Although Pharrell would not give exact numbers, he did say that regardless of the price he plans to go ahead with the surgery.

"It's going to be pricey, but worth it," he says. "I got fire on my arms! I'm a grown man!"

The most common form of tattoo removal is laser treatment, which can be a very lengthy and painful process. The new grafting procedure should be a faster, less painful alternative.

The 35-year-old hit producer is set to open the iTunes Live festival at Camden's Koko in London.

Assuming he is removing the tattoos that are from his arms (based on the picture), here is how they look like

picture-23.png

Posted

wow really? thats pretty cool technology.

that means im going to see him in one month without visible tattoos... ._.

Posted

I'm hope everything went well. ^^

Gah, he's such a good entertainer. I saw him and N.E.R.D perform last Feb. They were AMAZING!

And, he's such a cutey. :lol:

Posted

since when have tattoos become a mark of a skater? Lame.

Posted

That is why you get a tattoo you will never regret that has meaning. Getting a tattoo just because you're a skater means nothing once you hit 30.

Posted

Wow that's going to be costly. o____o Especially for that big of a tattoo...

Posted

i like his tattoo but seeing that he is almost close to 40 maybe he trying to

transition into a more grown up look

Posted

I can't help but think of that one... part in that one movie where this woman was forced to wear her husband's face over hers.

asjdglasjlgaj @_@ cool, but... lmfao wtfff.

Posted

lol maybe he meant like to look more professional without them

but yeah next thing you know kids are gonna be be doing this too haha

pharrel is foineeeee.

Posted

Maybe he realizes that he's like, 35, and with all that tattoos.....

Idk. Just a theory.

Posted

The article is from last year, but I think the picture is recent. I read the title and thought I was having deja vu. lol

I wonder how the result will be.

Posted

That is why you get a tattoo you will never regret that has meaning. Getting a tattoo just because you're a skater means nothing once you hit 30.

I don't think Pharrel got the tattoos because he is a skater, especially because he is 30-ish. And to be honest, other than his skate "line/brand" that failed miserably and the team he tried to establish, I didn't even know he was a skater! All the skaters I know that are now almost at their 30's do not and most would not ever get a tattoo. He probably got the tats when it was the thing to do, just like getting involved in skating was the thing to do.

Posted

well then i hope it works out for him. sounds strange though, but whatever.

the tats look cool on him though.

Posted

NOPE. searched online and he's actually just getting LASER surgery removal (in the picture)...and he says it hurts like a beep. i guess that innovative method didnt work out huh

Posted

wow.

i hope he turns out fine, he produces some really good music :)

what technology can do now and days.

Posted

sounds cool. i wonder how it looks.

Posted

nooooooo! the tattoos were a part of him and his image!

Posted

ahh sounds painful. tahts why im so scared to get tattoos O.O

Posted

Hm...that's why I don't have any tatts.