Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yeohweping

How to protect our works, subs, translations

Someone has selling our things for profit
Somebody has been taking and selling our fansubbed drama for profit!!! What a very wrong thing to do when we are the one doing the hard work :angry: And she gets to make money out for it :angry: Here is the website. Fansubbers, protect your work! http://www.animedivxonline.com/digisub2.html Don't buy anything and stop them for doing this to us!! :angry: We do it for free so others can understand the dramas and this is what happens? :angry:

You shouldn't have done it at all :o I can understand that you want to watch the show badly :( But still it isn't right to do so. :o At worse, we will maybe stop the subs or make it only available to certain people involve in the projects :o I feel like punching that person right now! As I sometimes do the subs/ translating until 4a.m to rush it out as I knew that people are waiting for it :o Won't you feel angry if it happen to you? :angry:

Yup i have read and heard something abt it too early this year.,i think everything comes from soompi.

I pity all those people [fansubbers]who worked on it.

this is totally horrible... :( how would the person who did the subtitles feel if he/she found out that their work is sold on the website...? :/ Plus, if people start to sell it online, then where can I get it for free online? This is totally and absolutely horrible and terrible....

Same here, yeohweping... I feel like punching and kicking that person as well...

I've seen a few who used to sell some of those fansubbed dramas at ebay, but i haven't seen much nowadays...

Anyways, I think it's wrong to sell dramas this way. That person should be ashame of themself. Making money out of someone else's hardwork... that is offered for free online anyway...

What's funny about the site that yeohweping gave is that the person offers it in dvd-r. haha.

making it so obvious.

That's why I like the idea of hardsubtitles with CREDITS imprinted in it.

But it might be a disadvantage for some who already have the raw files... so *shrug*

heard somewhere that those vcds bought from local stores (not jus via internet) can also be subbed by soompi! was wondering how can we tell so that we can effectively boycott?

aiyoh..even hardsub they'd sell it. i bought loveholic from the cd shop here..and it says "subbed by aramis" :rolleyes:

Most of the dramas that have been fansubbed are there in the list. We should do something to prevent this to happen, or else we should stop fansubbing <_<

What BA****DS !!!!

The list reads like D-addicts subtitle forum... And the cheek of it to actually list Soompi as the place to check out K-Drama.

Is there no way of lodging an official complaint and getting the site shut down?

It's so unfair...so discouraging that I can see why fan subbers would be so put off to complete any series.

Some people are such unscrupulous opportunists...devoid of any morals ...so sickening!

Fansubbers mite as well sell their work first if that's the case...I mean if anyone is to be paid it should be those who did the work.

omg!!...really shocking!!....i feel so sorry for fansubbers.. :(

i hope this wont stop fansubbers to continue subbing..

we need you......

hardsubbed is probably the best way...but it takes a long to time do, am i rite.....?

Is there no way of lodging an official complaint and getting the site shut down?

Well, fansubbing isn't really a legal thing to do either...

but i wish there is something we can do about it.

Well...

As one of the fansubbers, I am apalled by this... :angry:

On the other hand, those who bought from the website is not any better because they are keeping the website in business...

Very simple if you stop ordering, the website will soon be gone!

Prices : $6/DVD-R, $1.75/CD for USA buyers

$6.50/DVD-R, $2/CD for Canada buyers

$7/DVD-R, $2.25/CD for international buyers.

Shipping has been included in the prices. There is a minimum order value of $5.

How much does a DVD and CD ACTUALLY cost nowadays? Back then, I read there are some fan sub sites that charge people for the VHS tapes and shipping, not for the anime itself. Fansubbers actually put "Free distribution. If you have paid for this anime, you have been ripped!"

However, the person of http://animedivxonline.com/digisub1.html did not mention anything about charging ONLY for DVDs/CDs and shipping. :blink: He/she is selling hecka A LOT of stuff (anime & dramas) in that site.

As for hardsubbing, they'll still sell it no matter what. :angry: I feel bad for all the fansubbers for their hard work. :(

i feel sorry for all those hardwork by the individual who offer their efforts just to share and their work are being exploited for profit ..

i am not sure if there is a site where you can lodge a compliant to shut the site down .but there might be authorities or other legal distributior ..who will be going after those who are selling fansub dramas . ~ ..i heard of cases like that whom the distribtior sue the indivivual for selling unauthorised version of the dramas ..

in fact there are also fansub version selling in china and hong kong as well .i heard of people who brought those dramas with words in the translation credits to people from soompi ..i was abit appalled that it can be sold !! ~~ .when i first heard of it ...i think when u see english subtitles being included in the DVD set ..then probably those are fansub version .i never really trust there are dramas with english subtitles unless it is released by the official distributor .~

the first thing to do is you had to stop buying from these sites ....

I cannot believe anyone who frequents Soompi or even D-addicts would turn around and sell other people's hard work for their own gain. Subbers and timers take their valuable time, without any compensation to do this for everyone, including me, who, without them cannot understand the dramas.

Yeoweping & my dear fan subbers..

i'm so shocked & upset to hear about this. I think there is definitely something we can do about this, as the person is selling drama from MBC & the other station that prohibits people sharing their drama. I will talk to my lawyer friend to see if we can send the person a warning letter. I guess we can always threaten them with notifying those two stations if they don't do anything about it. Well, but again, it is sad to know that the person taking advantage of the situation is among us somewhere reading this also. I would hate to think that there are such horrible people who repaid the fan subber's kindness by doing things like this. What I found so ironic is that person had the NERVE to tell people to visit soompi for more info.. Oh my!!!

Perhaps you can post a personal message on the site saying that it is a rip-off (especially for $6 DVD-Rs that can't play on DVD players) and say that it's free for fans and available online.