Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

axe_pheonix

Girls, When You Like A Guy And Then Suddenly Lose Interest In Him...

Even though you knew he's been liking you back the entire time
So I've seen this a couple times here, and I'm also kind of going through it myself. So I was wondering.

Girls, have you ever gone through a situation where you liked a guy and then lost interest in him... while you KNEW he liked you back the entire time?

In case this is confusing, example: You like a guy. He likes you back. You start to not like him for whatever reason. He still likes you back.

My question is this: What is it that causes you to lose interest in him if you know he likes you back?

Because personally, if I liked someone, and I knew they liked me back, I most likely wouldn't lose interest in them very easily (but I'm a guy).

mmmhhh

for me..i remember one of those time

my friends told me about his REALLY BAD dandruff

like he always wear a beanie

and he would be like sweating under that beanie

and all the dandruff

omygosh i'm gross out just talking about it

ahhaha after i heard that...iono why everything i felt for him

completely gone out the door

or to some other girls

i guess it's more fun for them when the guy DOESNT like them back

makes it more challenging and therefore last longer =O

i think its kinda happened to me... but thats when id call it a small crush and didnt really feel that i wanted it to become somethin more. hmm doesnt really make any sense, but there you go

For some girls, I think its the lack of excitement.

They like the "chase" of flirting with a guy, and trying to see if he likes her back.

But once they actually get in the relationship, or realize the guy likes her back, it becomes kind of stagnant, and they lose their interest.

Or there could be something else that they find that makes them lose interest like:

they meet a new guy they're interested in, they find out something about the guy that turns them off, etc. sometimes you just stop liking a person. One day, you don't see that 'sparkle' lols anymore.

I know it seems like the girl just leads the guy on, but thats just what happens sometimes.

And I know guys sometimes suddenly lose interest in a girl too.

Cause he's not making the move, which automatically implies he's coward sissy loser n00b not-worth-talking-to nice-guy WUSS.

The girl's at fault as well, but we all know it's ok for girls to not say anything cause they can't anyways.

Ohhhh this happens to me all the time

actually....counting this school year, it's happened four times?

One is really recent

he's really cute, pretty boy, nice, quirky

i liked him, he liked me

then i lost interest

there's lots of reason why i lost interest

1. i liked him for a period in november...then we didn't keep in contact until janruary...i'm not very good with distance...wandering eye...>.<

2. He's my ex's roommate...hahahahahaha >,<

3. He was one of my closest friend's first real crush.... again >.<

4. He was...kind of...lacking in personality...like...the aggressive personality...to pursue...lol, and humor

5. he wanted a relationship, and all i want is a hookup...i'm noncommittal

minyungee oooh...you're good--that's exactly it!

i liked him for a long time. i know he still liked/s me.

i guess we never really went out we used to flirt & stuff but idk, i just kept on saying i dont like him to myself.

& i guess i stopped cuhs i like this other guy. but idk i think i still have a lil feelings for him cuhs i liked him for so long.

& when i see him i used to be kindof uncomfortable. & used to think what if i went out with him, w.e.

ehh. idk. i guess it just happens for what so reasons. haha. for me i just kinda drifted away. even tho i see him everyday. lol. i just think of him as friend & i like this other guy so. :D

sorry i just like told yu my whole life story. ohgahd. lol >.>

For some girls, I think its the lack of excitement.

They like the "chase" of flirting with a guy, and trying to see if he likes her back.

But once they actually get in the relationship, or realize the guy likes her back, it becomes kind of stagnant, and they lose their interest.

Or there could be something else that they find that makes them lose interest like:

they meet a new guy they're interested in, they find out something about the guy that turns them off, etc. sometimes you just stop liking a person. One day, you don't see that 'sparkle' lols anymore.

I know it seems like the girl just leads the guy on, but thats just what happens sometimes.

And I know guys sometimes suddenly lose interest in a girl too.

See I was kind of thinking about... and that's one thing I dont think I'll ever understand about girls.

Ive heard that some girls just like the "chase" and when they find out he likes her back, loses interest. But I just dont understand that... how and why would you just stop liking a guy after you find out they like you? Isn't that the whole point?

Cause he's not making the move, which automatically implies he's coward sissy loser n00b not-worth-talking-to nice-guy WUSS.

The girl's at fault as well, but we all know it's ok for girls to not say anything cause they can't anyways.

hahaha yep.

sad, but true.

I definitely prefer the guy making the first move.

Otherwise, I assume they don't like me THAT much, and I eventually move on.

See I was kind of thinking about... and that's one thing I dont think I'll ever understand about girls.

Ive heard that some girls just like the "chase" and when they find out he likes her back, loses interest. But I just dont understand that... how and why would you just stop liking a guy after you find out they like you? Isn't that the whole point?

Cause they "just like the chase"?

Once the chase is over, it's done. move on.

It's like you're looking for a sega dreamcast so you can play the awesome duck hunt, but once you get it, you don't really feel like playing it anymore.

hahaha yep.

sad, but true.

I definitely prefer the guy making the first move.

Otherwise, I assume they don't like me THAT much, and I eventually move on.

Well... in my case at least, I always ask her to hang out and stuff and try to text her sometimes randomly just to see how shes doing. But I also make sure I dont overdo it, cuz I know it could also get annoying sometimes :sweatingbullets: .

But if you mean "first move" as in asking her to be my gf, then no I havent done that yet - just because I felt we both werent ready for it yet.

Cause they "just like the chase"?

Once the chase is over, it's done. move on.

It's like you're looking for a sega dreamcast so you can play the awesome duck hunt, but once you get it, you don't really feel like playing it anymore.

Yea but its a little different for people I think. I mean. You want a guy to chase you right? Well when you find out he likes you, he's still chasing you... like he's still pursuing you, trying to hang out with you, etc. I mean yea if he doesnt do anythin about it, then I would undersand. But Im talking about assuming he actually does stuff while liking you. Taking initiative. In that case, he would still be "chasing you" no?

Yea but its a little different for people I think. I mean. You want a guy to chase you right? Well when you find out he likes you, he's still chasing you... like he's still pursuing you, trying to hang out with you, etc. I mean yea if he doesnt do anythin about it, then I would undersand. But Im talking about assuming he actually does stuff while liking you. Taking initiative. In that case, he would still be "chasing you" no?

Or maybe SHE likes the chase? It's no fun if you already know that you'll be together if one of you says something. BORING.

See if the guy were bad richard simmons, he'd never let her know that he likes her, so mysterious ya? She keeps chasing after him bombing him with hints that do nothing and then come to soompi.com and giggle about how bad boys are suddenly so hot, as if ALL bad boys hold such and such traits.

Now someone up there said if the guy doesn't make the move, he probably doesn't like her as much.

Well if the girl doesn't make the move, then the guy can automatically assume she doesn't like him as much either, so no point in trying. So in the end both sides are just living false fantasies about each other.

Maybe because when they had a crush on the guy, they had this ideal, or "fantasy" of what he was like -- yenno how "love is blind" and you see your crush in some kind of ethereal light...

But when they finally get together.. and see what the person is like on that level.. it just doesn't feel right, or what they hoped/expected it to be. And *poof* the sparks are gone.

I'm not gonna lie, this happened to me and I felt SO bad... and so mad at myself! I couldn't even explain to myself why I slightly lost interest -- it's not like a wanted to. And I'm not one of those girls that "enjoy the chase". It was all sparks and chemistry the first 2 weeks, but after that... idk. I try to stick it out, just to see if I'm trippin or what. I mean I still like him, but just not THAT much...

*sigh* So bad... v^v''

I was in that situation and had no idea why.

So I asked my friend & she said there wasn't anymore "chase", so I lost interest.

& She was right haha.

Although I want the guy's attention, I want to be able to kinda..fight for it? get it?..I have NO idea how to explain lol.

Basically if the chase is gone, he's probably too clingy.

If it's not the chase, it's usually because he's boring/he doesn't take action.

Or the relationship isn't what you'd thought it would be.

I'd say that the person was in it for the chase. At first, it seemed like a challenge. But once she got what she wanted, he just didn't appeal to her as much. It's sort of like when you want something but you know you can't have it, just the thought of not being able to have it for yourself makes you want it even more. I guess it seemed more interesting when it felt like it was something unobtainable.

that happened to me once... D:

the guy knew that i liked him and when he started to like me back, i lost interest. i asked my bro why i was losing interest (cause he's more experienced than me) and he told me that its called 'the Chase.' Apparently, after you find out that the feeling is mutual you have a sense of accomplishment and then well, all the fun is gone out of trying to get the guy..

..GUH, i dont know really, my brother told me all this :wacko:

that's why we are mostly attracted to bad boys ^^

i was never in this kind of situation because it was always one-sided XD

but i agree with the 'chase' thing, it has to be that,

if he waits too long to make a move and make things interesting,

then i'll be disappointed and i'll eventually lose interest =x

When I'm lose interest in a guy, that means that I no longer have feelings for the guy. Simple. No feelings, no liking.