Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

huangsy

[movie 2009] Lifting King Kong 킹콩을 들다

Lee Bum Soo, Jo Ahn, Choi Moon Kyung, Lee Yoon Hee, Park Joon Geum
Debuts June 2009. Filming to start in Jan 2009.

Movie about sports (like Forever The Moment).

Director : Park Gun Yong 박건용

Producer : RG Enterworks RG엔터웍스

Cast : Lee Bum Soo, Jo Ahn, Choi Moon Kyung, Lee Yoon Hee, Park Joon Geum, Ahn Yong Joon, Jang Mi Ran (cameo),

Official site :

Related Daum site : http://movie.daum.net/moviedetail/moviedet...o?movieId=49096

Photo gallery : http://movie.daum.net/moviedetail/moviedet...o?movieId=49096

Link to trailers : http://movie.daum.net/moviedetail/moviedet...o?movieId=49096

Maxliftupkingkong.jpg

oh Lee Bum Soo in new movie? it's cool

can't wait

thanks huangsy :)

HAHAHA woah Lifting King Kong... what a name. Glad it's about sports and not about... say... King Kongs. Will be looking forward to Lee Beom Soo's movies!!

I think I've seen the lead female cast in some variety show I've watched before. Like last year I think. XD

:excl: Anyone interested in maintaining and updating this movie thread, please PM any of the Mods. Thanks.

The VIP Screening of LIFTING KING KONG + Celebrity Guests

5168_1.jpg

5168_2.jpg

5168_3.jpg

5168_4.jpg

5168_5.jpg

5168_6.jpg

5168_7.jpg

5168_8.jpg

5168_9.jpg

5168_10.jpg

Source: innolife.net

June 19, 2009

Jo Ahn: 'I Did My Best to Get Rid of My Pretty Face'

7048_145_l.jpg

In a news conference on June 15 after the premiere of the movie “Lifting King Kong,” actress Jo Ahn said she tried her best to get rid of her pretty looks. Jo plays a heavyweight lifter in the movie who competes for the gold medal in the Olympics against all odds. She said, "After being on TV for a long time, I’ve acquired a habit of looking pretty. But I tried to appear the opposite way for the movie.”

Jo gained 7 kg for the movie to better portray her role. She said, "When I showed the photos of me looking big, Park Yong-woo said I didn't look ugly enough. So I did my best to look as ugly as possible.” “Lifting King Kong” is a movie about heavyweight lifting coach Lee Ji-bong (played by Lee Beom-soo), who was once an Olympic bronze medal winner but had to work as a bar waiter because of an injury, and later took a job as a coach at a junior high school for girls. It is based on a real-life story about students from a rural area who won gold medals at a national competition.

Lee Beom-soo, whose first sports movie was “Mr. Gam’s Victory,” said “Lifting King Kong” was probably the first movie to deal with heavyweight lifting, and that he had accepted his role because of the freshness of the subject and because he was moved by the movie’s script

Source: KBS Global