Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kdramafanusa

[movie 2007] Seven Days 세븐 데이즈

Kim Yun-Jin, Kim Mi-Sook, Park Hee-Soon

Seven Days 세븐 데이즈

m00100103h5854af1ceke8.jpgm00100111h58550845dzf4.jpg

PRODUCTION: Prime Entertainment

DIRECTOR: Won Shin-yun 원신연

CAST: Kim Yun-jin 김윤진, Kim Mi-sook 김미숙, Park Hee-soon 박희순, Lee Jung-Heon 이정헌, Jang Hang-seon 장항선

RELEASE DATE: November 14, 2007

RATE: Over 18

GENRE: Crime, Thriller

SYNOPSIS: Ji-yeon is a successful lawyer and single mother to a seven-year-old girl. On her daughter’s field day, Ji-yeon competes with other parents in a running race and almost comes in the first place. However, nowhere could she find the girl who’s been watching and rooting for her mother to win. Later that day, Ji-yeon’s receives a phone call from an anonymous man, who tells her he has her daughter in custody and proposes a deal. To see her daughter alive, Ji-yeon needs to prove a convicted murderer not guilty on his second trial, only within a week. Ji-yeon tries to convince herself the murderer should be innocent, but the encounter with the victim’s mother makes her understand what drove crime-to-crime.

BOX OFFICE:

RELATED LINKS:

AWARDS:

Credits: Cine21 / KOFIC

I watched that movie.

it's simply stunning.

Kim Yun-jin did a fantastic job in this movie.

I love the story and the twist at the end of it totally amazing :phew:

you guys should watch it

Source: The Korea Times 2007-10-30

Kim Yun-jin Returns as Distraught Mother

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

071030p351156b9fdgt0.jpg

Actress Kim Yun-jin's latest battle onscreen is not surviving the aftermath of a plane crash but negotiating the safe return of her kidnapped daughter. The star of "Lost'' returns to Korean cinema for the first time in two years through "Seven Days'' as a hotshot lawyer who must pay a dear price for her child's life.

Director Won Shin-yun ("A Bloody Aria,'' 2004) offers an emotionally charged, action-packed thriller where Kim stars as a mysterious attorney whose life takes a frightening turn when a man abducts her daughter. The kidnapper offers a deal: to clear all charges of first-degree murder against a suspect in just seven days or else the child's life is at stake. This is mission impossible, even for someone who has never lost a case.

"I hadn't received such a well-constructed screenplay in a long time,'' Kim said about seeing the script for the first time. "It was hard for me as an actress in Korea to come across such a complicated female character. For `Seven Days,' with its tightly knit scenario and attractive character, I really did not have trouble making a decision. I also had great confidence in the director, so I wanted to work right away.''

Kim spoke to reporters briefly after viewing the movie for the first time at a Seoul theater, Monday. She apologized in advance for having to leave early to catch her flight back to Hawaii.

"An attorney or a mother, I think it became increasingly difficult as I acted out those roles. I was constantly agonizing over it because there is no `right way' to do it per se,'' she said.

"It was also a situation where I couldn't entirely express my emotions, so the director and I discussed how much emotional range we should portray. We shot scenes from different angles, and I think we managed to capture it pretty well so I am quite satisfied.

"The movie shows situations that people should never have to experience firsthand. One should never have to go through them even indirectly, nor would I ever want to,'' she said about having to act out such dramatic circumstances. "Sometimes the imagination is much more intense… I think I just went by the script and did as the director told me,'' she said.

Kim looked very chic in a gold-studded black outfit that day, vastly different from her distraught character in the film, though she said she never paid heed to looking pretty onscreen. The star smiled brightly for the camera with the director and her co-star Park Hee-soon on her arms. The venue buzzed with reporters and incessant camera flashes.

071030p35257519atf5.jpg

When asked about how it was like to work with a "world star,'' the director explained how Kim deeply impressed him.

"After the first or second day of shooting, Yun-jin wrote me an email, saying `My beloved director,' and listed all her grievances. And I thought, this isn't going to be easy. But her complaints were really signs of affection, and I felt wonderful. I am truly fortunate to have been able to work with Yun-jin,'' he said, explaining how Kim's warmth lightened up the working atmosphere.

"I was very nervous at first… I thought how snobby Kim Yun-jin might be, having gotten some Hollywood air,'' said Park. "I sent her an SMS, saying how honored I was to work with her, and she replied, expressing her discomfort with the `star treatment.'

"And as we worked together I saw how down-to-earth and humble she was, and how she managed to keep her smile even though her parts were very emotionally draining and could easily make an actor very sensitive… But I maintain what I first said, it was an honor to work with her,'' he said.

"Seven Days'' will open across theaters here Nov. 14.

hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

Source: The Korea Times 11-08-2007 19:42

'Seven Days’ Offers Gripping Suspense

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

071108p10seven5dc340xb5.jpg

Kim Yun-jin plays the role of a lawyer who must safely get her abducted child back in “Seven Days.”

"Seven Days'' just may be what audiences have all been waiting for: a great homegrown crime thriller. With a good serving of believable characters, a scoop of wholesome drama, and even a sprinkle of good humor, director/scripter Won Shin-yun whips together all the right ingredients to offer an edge of the seat experience.

The main plotline is fairly simple. Ji-yeon (Kim Yun-jin) is a hotshot lawyer who wins case after case. One day her daughter is kidnapped, and the abductor gives her seven days to win an impossible case ― to set free a man whose death sentence is practically set ― or else she will never see the child again.

The abductor orchestrates the perfect crime. He watches her every move and forces her to comply by outwitting the police. Ji-yeon has no time to break down because she must run around in a frenzy to get this case together.

To make things worse, those around her get in her way. Her friend Seong-yeol (Park Heui-soon), a less than perfect policeman, is too tangled up in his own mess to help her out. In the meantime, the prosecutor is a longtime rival who's determined to crush Ji-yeon and naturally gives her a hard time. Plus he's backed by a power-thirsty superintendent.

To top off our protagonist's misery, she faces moral a dilemma. Her client is charged with brutally murdering a young woman, with almost all evidence proving his guilt. When she meets the mother of the victim, her own motherly instincts surface.

But deeper into the investigation, dark secrets unravel one after another in a rhythmical fashion. The movie deals with some heavy issues ― drugs, violence, corruption and loopholes within the judicial system, but they add to the gripping drama rather than weigh it down. The crime investigation scene is delightfully reminiscent of "CSI,'' which is highly popular here.

These well thought-out subplots are in tune with the fast-paced beat of the movie, and even minor characters contribute to the intrigue.

The 126-minute running time goes by quickly as seven suffocating days tick by like a time bomb. The surprise ending is not contrived; rather, it hits you with a deep pang as you go with the suspenseful flow of the film, piecing together fragments of the case.

Actress Kim Yung-jin returns to the Korean screen for the first time in two years. The star of "Lost'' gives a compelling performance with her screaming and running around, which is done with tasteful moderation. She manages to keep her cool by finding the right balance as a distraught mother and elite lawyer. Kim gives life to one strong-willed woman with a high emotional quotient ― a three-dimensional heroine that is quite rare in Korean cinema.

Park Heui-soon also deserves a pat on the back as a grumbling police officer, who walks the fine line between a thug and officer. Kim Yun-jin complemented the actor as a "prepared star,'' and one can surely expect to see more of Park in the future.

Be warned, however, that the shaky hand-held camerawork may leave some feeling a bit nauseous.

hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

Source: JoongAng Daily

The dark side of the script

November 14, 2007

1321434864c69alk1.jpg

Director Won Shin-yeon By Yang Yeong-suk

Director Won Shin-yeon, 38, is back with the thriller “Seven Days.” The story is about coldhearted female lawyer and mother Ji-yeon (played by “Lost” star Kim Yun-jin) who is trying to get a murderer on death row acquited within seven days in order to rescue her abducted daughter.

Won took over the project after another writer-director backed out. He immediately saw the potential of the script and got the movie into production. But filming proved to be a challenge.

“I was short on production costs,” Won said. “We had to take a lot of shortcuts.”

A stuntman and martial arts director for almost 10 years, Won used more artistic means to compensate for the lack of expensive action sequences that the film demanded. This meant finding different ways to encapsulate the action. In the original scripts, one chase scene required 100 cars in 12 lanes of traffic. That wasn’t feasible, so the camera units just shot live street scenes and used that footage instead.

“There are no strict rules in filmmaking. I do what fits best,” he said, which is not surprising. Won is a self-taught director who has not received any formal film education. He started out in films in 2005 with the horror flick “Scary Hair,” but his involvement in filmmaking goes back to 2002 when he received the top prize at the Korea Film Awards for producing “Bread and Milk.” He later won the screenplay prize for writing “A Bloody Aria” (2006).

Seven Days, which opens today, is Won’s third full-length feature. This movie was also shot using Won’s philosophy of filming: no set rules. Won used around 3,800 shots to heighten the tension, the highest number in Korean movie history. In comparison, “The War of Flower” (2006) had 2,300, and the Hollywood-made “Bourne Ultimatum” used around 600 for the car chase sequences. Two to three cameras were running simultaneously to capture enough action for the editor to create the level of drama and action that the director required.

“It’s best to write and shoot as many scenes as possible,” Won said. His own stance and belief in the filmmaking process helps him compensate for his lack of formal training in the business.

Kim Yu-jin gave him her full support during the shoot, accepting a role in the film without hesitation. Won e-mailed Kim the script, and in no time at all she flew back to Korea from Hawaii. Casting Kim was the best choice, Won said.

132144366af02ago1.jpg

Korean Hollywood star, Kim Yun-jin, stars in Won Shin-yeon’s “Seven Days.” [JoongAng Ilbo]

“The role is tough. She has to play the mother of an abducted child who is trying to achieve the impossible [acquit the killer],” Won said. “But she was so absorbed in her character that she continued to cry even after we’d finished shooting an emotionally charged scene.” Her skill as an actress tap into a deep reserve of emotion, Won said.

Part of the intrigue for Kim was the twist in the tale at the end of the film, although Won says the twist shouldn’t be seen as the main purpose of the film. “It’s pretty obvious who the abductor is, but having the twist keeps the audience hooked,” he said. The tension lasts until the last court scene. “The case is actually based on a real-life story. I wanted the movie to be as realistic as possible,” Won said. The director was also keen to portray what he believes to be Korea’s lax legal system.

Having released a thriller, some fans want Won to make an action film next, showcasing his skills as a former stuntman and martial artist. But Won hesitates. He feels that he doesn’t yet know enough about what makes people tick and how society works. Right now, he is still learning about people, their emotions and their stories. “I want to depict the darker and more isolated aspects of society,” he said.

By Yang Sung-hee JoongAng Ilbo [estyle@joongang.co.kr]

Source: DYNAMIC-KOREA Nov 15, 2007

After Success in America, Actress Kim Yoon-jin Charts a New Path Back in Korea

07111337720603118ebc4fso7.jpg

The peculiar boom in abduction-themed movies in Korea is about is about to get a new twist. Most such movies have depicted parents as weak and helpless, but “Seven Days” is quite different. In it, a single mother whose only child is abducted by a stranger doesn’t give up, but puts up a fight; this is a new kind of character for Korean audiences.

Another element drawing attention to the movie is its leading actress Kim Yoon-jin, in the role of the defiant single mother. Her first movie “Shiree” represented a step forward for Korean cinema, but Kim had to face the bitter failure of other movies. In the American scene, she’s perhaps best know for her role on the hit drama “Lost.” This success catapulted her to the status of an actress representing Korea—ironically to many, she was more successful in the United States than in Korea.

“Lost is indeed a great drama, but because of its popularity, my image is becoming more and more weak, sensitive and submissive,” Kim said. “It is the strong energetic woman who gets important role in America, and it is vice versa is Korea.”

Because her role in “Seven Days” was very unique, Kim said it was a challenge. There have been many different abduction movies, most depicting a weak mother, so Kim swore off all such movies in preparation for the role. Having never been in such a situation in real life made it even harder to imagine and act, she said.

In the past, Kim was often criticized by Korean viewers for actually misrepresenting Korea, something that deeply concerned her. Despite the typical drama making process, which offered very little room for her to make changes, she managed to adapt and her image is now powerful enough to regularly fill theaters.

~~~~~

Source: DYNAMIC-KOREA Nov 16, 2007

Hollywood Plans Remake of Korea's "Seven Days"

071116830409021199e39dog8.jpg

The rights to the Korean thriller “Seven Days” were recently gobbled up by Summit Entertainment, which plans to start filming in 2008 for an eventual U.S. release. Prime Entertainment, distributor of the film which just opened in Korea on Wednesday, agreed to sell the copyright for a reported price of six figures and said it was the highest price yet for the rights to a Korean movie.

“Seven Days” is about a single mother whose only child is kidnapped by a stranger. But Ji-yon is also an undefeated and charismatic lawyer, admired her success; so when the kidnapper demands that she defend a convicted murderer in court in order to save her daughter, she fights back.

“Seven Days” has received particular attention for being actress Yun-Jin Kim’s comeback movie, following a slump in her career in Korea and success in America on the TV drama “Lost.” Fans are eager for a repeat of the success of her previous Korean hit, “Shiri,” which left a strong impression in Koreans’ minds, especially now that she has made a name for herself in American entertainment.

Summit Entertainment also produced “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” in 2005 and is a well known entertainment company world-wide. According to Prime Entertainment, Summit Entertainment is now planning to spend 30 million dollars on their remake of “Seven Days” and to penetrate the European market.

Source: Chosun Nov.21,2007 07:48 KST

A Grueling 'Seven Days' for Kim Yun-jin

200711210008007393b8iw3.jpg

Kim Yun-jin smiles for reporters at a press premiere late last month of her new movie 'Seven Days.'

“Seven Days,” starring “Lost” star Kim Yun-jin is getting an explosive response. With a fast-paced storyline and a complicated plot, the movie released on Nov. 14 appeals especially to movie fans in their 20s. Overseas markets have also shown interest: at the American Film Market recently, U.S. production firm Summit Entertainment, the maker of popular movies such as “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” (2005) and “Vanilla Sky” (2001) snapped up the right to a remake for US$1 million. It plans to spend $30 million on the Hollywood version.

Kim Yun-jin recalls the moment when she was offered the lead during shooting of “Lost” in Hawaii. At first, she says, she didn’t think she could take the offer due to the tight shooting schedule for the drama series. “I printed out the screenplay, just to give it a shot. But once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down. I finished reading the last page standing beside the printer and decided to take the offer immediately.”

In the movie, Kim plays a top lawyer who has to fight against a kidnapper to rescue her daughter. She has seven days to swap her daughter for a convicted murderer. “The leading character is unusually strong for a Korean movie; that’s why she’s so attractive,” Kim says. The heroine pushes ahead with her impossible mission to release a murderer on death row rather in the style of Hollywood warriors like Jodie Foster and Sigourney Weaver. Kim’s charismatic performance and explosive presence are instantly riveting. “Once the camera is on, I never lose my concentration for a moment,” she says.

To maximize the speed, director Won Shin-yeon shot a large amount of scenes with three cameras. That did not allow Kim to consider reactions from her co-stars and required her to perform impeccably at all times. The fast pace of shooting was exhausting. “I got completely worn out while shooting a running scene in mid-summer. But I didn’t feel it was too much, because we all believed that Won will make a great movie,” Kim recalls.

Kim Yun-jin, winner of the best actress award at the 2002 Cheongryong (Blue Dragon) Film Awards for her role in “Deep Loves,” suddenly upped sticks and went to the U.S. in 2003, and there she made the rounds of Hollywood agencies with her portfolio by herself.

She says she can cool-headedly give up anything when she comes to the conclusion that it doesn’t work. But if she decides to do something, she puts it into action without fail. Despite the worries of her acquaintances, she did not quit in her efforts to become a star in the U.S. and eventually she established a worldwide name for herself in “Lost.” But Kim says she has not forgotten her Korean fans or that her starting point was Chungmuro, Korea’s Hollywood. Asked whether she has achieved her dream, Kim says she is just getting ready for another leap forward.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: VARIETY

Posted: Tue., Jan. 8, 2008, 6:08pm PT

7 Days

Sebeun Deijeu

(South Korea) A Prime Entertainment release and presentation, in association with FiTech Venture Partners and KS/JS/OS Bank, of a Prime Entertainment production, in association with Yoon & Joon Film. (International sales: Prime, Seoul.) Produced by Lee Seo-yeol. Executive producer, Kim Sang-il. Directed by Won Shin-yeon. Screenplay, Yun Je-gu; adaptation, Won.

With: Kim Yun-jin, Kim Mi-suk, Park Heui-sun, Lee Jeon-heon, Jang Hang-seon, Yang Jin-woo, Lee Ra-hye, Oh Gwang-rok, Ok Ji-yeong, Choi Myeong-su.

By DEREK ELLEY

A piece of cinematic sleight-of-hand that provides plenty of passing thrills, "7 Days" is at least two too many movies rolled into one. Part kidnap drama, part murder mystery, part psychodrama and part legal-eagle yarn, over-egged script gets by with punchy visuals and some strong supporting perfs but leaves the viewer feeling emotionally and intellectually shortchanged. Released locally mid-November, pic looks unlikely to replicate its peppy take of $14 million in other territories, though there's plenty enough good material here for a U.S. makeover to score, following Summit Entertainment's purchase of remake rights at AFM.

Starting off with a socko pre-credits sequence and main title straight out of the "CSI" handbook, pic has hotshot defense lawyer Yu Ji-yeon (Kim Yun-jin, "Shiri," TV's "Lost") finding a note that her 8-year-old daughter, Eun-yeong (Lee Ra-hye), has been kidnapped. Flashback to the day before shows how mom took part in a school student-and-parent relay race with Eun-yeong, who went missing afterward.

Captions check off the days as Ji-yeon learns that the kidnapper doesn't want ransom money. Instead, with her lawyerly smarts, she has to get off a sleazebag who's been found guilty of murder, and whose case is coming to appeal next Wednesday. By now, she has four days to do the seemingly impossible or she'll never see her daughter again.

In a seemingly open-and-shut case, Jeong Cheol-jin (Choi Myeong-su), was convicted of the bloody slaughter of an art student a month earlier. Ji-yeon teams up with maverick cop (and old friend) Kim Seong-yeol (Park Heui-sun) to reinvestigate the crime, in the meantime receiving threatening cat-and-mouse calls from the kidnapper.

Crowded plot, which involves drugs, a high-level cover-up and possible police connivance, is further complicated by Seong-yeol being under investigation by internal affairs and crises like Eun-yeong needing emergency medication for a tuna allergy. Despite pic's title, most of the story is crammed into three days, further stretching credibility.

Final two reels work overtime to bring all the various storylines together, -- and even then the plot doesn't hold up under close investigation.

Borrowing heavily from the visual palette of American crime series, plus pics like "Seven," helmer Won Shin-yeon ("A Bloody Aria") constructs several adrenaline-filled setpieces, pumped up by Kim Jun-seong's propulsive score. But as the red herrings mount while the characters' psychological development stays in neutral, the leaps of logic become more and more exposed.

Tech package is up to the usual high South Korean standards; however, the nervy camera style and editing progressively work against the human drama rather than support it.

In the central role, Kim Yun-jin is just OK, never really gaining the viewer's empathy for a complex character who's clearly used to bending the law for her own career. Though onscreen virtually the whole time, she's outclassed in individual scenes by flavorsome playing from vet Kim Mi-suk as the dead girl's mother, Choi as the convicted killer and Oh Gwang-rok in a crucial supporting role as a gangster client.

References in the script to "Thursday's Child" refer to the original title of the pic, which had a choppy production history. Shooting originally began in late 2006 under scripter Yun Je-gu, with actress Kim Seon-ah ("S-Diary") in the lead; after a hiatus, during which Kim left the project, shooting resumed in 2007 with Kim Yun-jin in the lead and Won directing.

Camera (color, widescreen), Choi Yeong-hwan; editor, Shin Min-geong; music, Kim Jun-seong; production designer, Jeon Su-ah; costume designer, Kim Jae-ah; sound (Dolby Digital), Lee Eun-ju, Lee Seung-cheol, Lee Seong-jin; visual effects supervisor, Jeon Geon-ik; visual effects, DTI; action directors, Kim Min-su, Shim Jae-weon; assistant director Hwang Geon-wook. Reviewed on DVD, London, Jan. 7, 2007. Running time: 125 MIN.

Read the full article at:

http://www.variety.com/story.asp?l=story&a...935762&c=31

Original Korean Article: Daily Seop 2008-02-18 09:57:00

English Translation: HanCinema

MaxMovie Film Awards– "The Day of Park Cheol-min" (Bae Dae-ro from the drama "New Heart")

On the red carpet of the "5th MaxMovie Film Awards", the drama "New Heart"'s golden supporting actor, Park Cheol-min received the warmest welcome from the fans.

In Gun-dae Lotte Cinema, the "5th MaxMovie Film Awards" took place on 14th with a high attendance from many stars, directors, audiences and fans.

Park Cheol-min, who is currently appearing in the drama "New Heart"'s as chief resident, Bae Dae-ro was chosen by the audience as the "Best male supporting actor", reflecting his enormous popularity among the fans. In a black suit with a red bow tie, he smiled and said his thanks, "I just couldn't believe how I am loved at the moment. "May 18" had over 7.5 million audiences, "New Heart" reached over 30% viewing rate and all my plays are sold out everyday. The fans are giving overwhelming love and supports. Rather than getting all these loves at once, I want to get them little by little over a long period of time".

On the one hand, Jeong Jae-yeong, who was awarded the "Best male actor of the Year" (eGoing by the Booke) got 100, 012 more votes than the Hollywood star, Johnny Depp in the voting process. He said, "I thank the wise decision of the Korean film fans who gave me more votes than Mr. Depp. And (Kim) Yoon-jin, could you tell Mr. Depp about this when you go back to US?" On the other hand, when director Ra Hee-chan, who produced the "Going by the Book" came up to the stage to congratulate Jeong Jae-yeong, he said, "In truth, I'm a big fan of Johnny Depp!" giving a good laugh to the audience.

The "Best female actor of the Year" was awarded to Kim Yoon-jin, who is currently shooting "Lost – season 4" and Lee Yeon-hee received the "The best new star award" ("M").

The 5th MaxMovie Film Awards

▶ Best film of the Year – May 18 (produced by Production Generation) 108,652 votes

▶ Best director of the Year – Director Kim Ji-hoon ("May 18") 96,106 votes

▶ Best male actor of the Year – Jeong Jae-yeong ("Going by the Book") 100,712 votes

▶ Best female actor of the Year – Kim Yoon-jin ("Seven Days") 103,739 votes

▶ Best male supporting actor – Park Cheol-min ("May 18") 100,245 votes

▶ Best female supporting actor – Eom Ji-won ("Scout") 91,852 votes

▶ Best new star award – Lee Yeon-hee ("M") (voted by a team of 60 film reporters)

▶ Best independent film of the Year – Director Kim Myeong-joon ("Our School") (voted by a team of 60 film reporters)

▶ Best marketing of the Year – HaHaHa Production ("M") 102,572 votes

▶ Best film poster of the Year – Nuri Pictures ("Perfume") 97,705 votes

0000074810_008.jpg

▲ Kim Yoon-jin, who is currently shooting the US drama, "Lost – season 4" attended the ceremony to receive her award.

0000074810_009.jpg

▲ Kim Yoon-jin saying her thanks and the director of the "Seven Days", Won Sin-yeon came to say his congratulation to her.

0000074810_016.jpg

▲ After the award ceremony, the actors are taking a mould of their hands for hand printing.

ⓒ 2008 Daily Surprise Reporter Choi Soo-eun

7 Days: (2disc + OST CD) Limited Edition Descriptions from DVDFromKorea/DVDHeaven

Product Details:

Release Date: 2008-05-08

Rating: 18+

Number of Discs: 3 (2dvd + OST)

Publisher: KD Media

Run Time: 125 + 100 minutes

Package Weight: 400g

Region Code: 3

Picture Format: NTSC

Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic widescreen 2.35:1

Audio Track: Korean Dolby Digital 5.1 & 2.0

Subtitle: English, Korean

Additional Information / Extras

2 DVD + OST CD Limited Edition

Disc 1

- Commentary Track 1

- After Commentary

Disc 2

- 1 DAYS (Making)

- 2 DAYS (Art Making)

- 3 DAYS (Music Making)

- 4 DAYS (Delected Scene)

- 5 DAYS (Premiere)

- 6 DAYS (Interview)

- 7 DAYS (Trailer)

- Short Film

Disc 3

- Original Sound Track CD

<<<This set is available at DVDHeaven>>>

dvd0464631dabb37bl4.jpgdvd0464632da4cbcei4.jpg

dvd0464633db23aati8.jpg

dvd0464634db713dry4.jpg

dvd0464635dbbd4adv2.jpg

dvd0464636dc0725vl7.jpg

dvd0464637dc5d40nd6.jpg

http://www.madmad.co.kr/dvd/detail.html?dvd_id=46463

Source: JoongAng

Complex thrillers lead the pack in annual film awards

June 11, 2008

10215234ab5b9aln8.jpg

A scene from “The Chaser,” above, and right, a scene from “Seven Days,” both films that are nominated for best film as well as best director at the Daejong Film Awards this year. [JoongAng Ilbo]

The biggest event in the Korean film industry is back.

On June 27, the 45th Daejong Film Awards will take place at COEX, southern Seoul. This year one of the Korean films under the spotlight is “The Chaser,” a film about a serial murderer.

The film drew audiences of more than 5 million, and as of April it is the most successful Korean film of 2008, according to the Korean Film Council.

“Forever the Moment” trailed behind The Chaser with over 4 million viewers.

The Chaser currently is nominated in 11 categories, hoping to win the hearts of film critics as well.

This year thrillers are garnering the most interest in Chungmuro, Korea’s Hollywood.

Currently the top three films on the most nominated lists are from this genre.

“Seven Days,” a thriller about a child who gets kidnapped, is second in the number of nominations.

The film is nominated in all 10 categories. “Shadows in the Palace,” a thriller that takes place within the palace of the Joseon Dynasty, is nominated in eight categories.

Compared with comedies, dramas or action films, thrillers lacked quality.

“Since ‘Memories of Murder’ in 2003, hardly any satisfying thrillers have been made,” said the film critic Jeon Chan-il.

“The success of these three films is good news [for the film industry] as it shows that a single genre can captivate audiences,” Jeon continued.

Thrillers are also notoriously difficult to pull off since the plots are highly complex, Jeon added.

Another point of interest is that The Chaser and Shadows in the Palace were directed by rookies who made their debut as film directors through these movies.

Seven Days is Won Shin-yeon’s third feature film. He previously directed “The Wig” and “A Bloody Aria.”

Won was chosen recently to direct “V,” a film about Korea’s most beloved robot, Taekwon V.

“Until now the Korean film industry was led by artistic directors such as Park Chan-wook and Hong Sang-soo,” said Kim Bong-seok, a film critic. “It is interesting and positive how Korean commercial films are gaining strength.”

Film fans here are currently fascinated by the best male actor award. Those vying for the award are Kim Yoon-seok, who plays the corrupt cop in The Chaser; Ha Jeong-woo, who plays the serial killer in the same movie; Song Kang-ho, who starred in the film “Secret Sunshine (Milyang)”; and Im Chang-jeong, who plays a scout who tries to recruit Korea’s famous pitcher, Sun Dong-yeul, in the black comedy “Scout.”

Kim from The Chaser won the best supporting actor award last year for his role as the devious card player in “The War of Flower.”

Competition for the best female actor award is expected to be fierce. One of the nominees is Kim Hye-sook, 53.

Kim has been nominated for best lead actress for her role as a mother in love with her daughter’s boyfriend in the low-budget film “Viva Love.”

She is also on the list for best supporting actress for her role as an ex-convict in the film “Open City.”

She could take home two awards, or nothing at all.

One disappointment of the film awards show is that many of the movies nominated for best film are also nominated in the best director category.

While the movie The Chaser is nominated for best film, its director Na Hong-jin is nominated for best director.

Secret Sunshine is also nominated for best film and its director Lee Chang-dong is up for best director.

Happiness, nominated for best film, has its director Heo Jin-ho on the list for best film.

It is the same for the film “The Happy Life,” and the director Lee Joon-ik as well as “Seven Days” and its director Won Shin-yeon.

Last year a low-budget film, “The Birth of a Family,” won best film.

The Daejong Film Awards are jointly organized by the JoongAng Ilbo, SBS, Korean Film Council and Daesung Group.

The award ceremony starts at 8:40 p.m. and runs for two hours. The show is broadcast live on SBS.

The evaluation is made by 10 movie experts and 50 members of the public.

The evaluation of experts will account for 60 percent of the vote.

There are 19 categories for the awards show, including best acting and best technology.

The main vote will take place between June 16 and 27 at Seoul Cinema in Jongno, downtown Seoul.

By Park Jeong-ho JoongAng Ilbo [ojlee82@joongang.co.kr]

~~~~~

Source: The Korea Times 06-29-2008 19:09

Daejong Film Fest Showcases Trends

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

080629p20daejong1adf144ls1.jpg

Actor Kim Yun-seok won best actor for "The Chaser".

South Korea's esteemed 45th Daejong (Grand Bell) Film Festival held in southern Seoul, showcased the latest local box office trends, with its stronghold of original thrillers, stylistic period pieces and experimental projects. While superstars grabbed the limelight as expected, hitherto overlooked veteran actors and young debutant directors shined the most, suggesting that blatant star power, be it a reputed director or ravishing screen beauty, don't always guarantee ticket sales or awards.

The red carpet event took place outside the COEX Convention Hall in a sea of blinding camera flashes as glamorous cineastes filed in. Screen beauties like Han Chae-young, Park Jin-hee and Shin Ae were elegant in cleavage-bearing, long evening gowns while others such as Kim Yun-jin and Ko Ara chose mini-dresses to show off their figures.

Actress Kim A-jung, who won last year's award for Best Actress ("200 Pounds Beauty''), and popular announcer Choe Gi-hwan hosted the show. To add more sparkle to the star-studded event, pop group the Wonder Girls took to the stage to deliver bubbly dance music.

"The Chaser,'' the feature film debut of young director Na Hong-jin and the highest grossing film this season, took the festival by storm by winning five of 11 nominations, including those for Best Picture and Director. For Actor Kim Yun-seok, who has endlessly displayed solid acting through supporting roles, his first leading role won him both the Best Actor prize and the BMW Popularity Award. The 40-year-old dazzled the screen as a sullen, disheartened former cop opposite hot young actor Ha Jung-woo.

080629p20daejong2ae6e4fpc4.jpg

Actress Kim Yun-jin won best actress for "Seven Days"

Another murder thriller "Seven Days,'' the latest homegrown film starring "Lost'' star Kim Yun-jin, won three of 10 nominations including Best Actress, Sound Effects and Editing. Like "The Chaser,'' it enjoyed critical acclaim and high sales at the box office earlier this year.

Awards for Best Supporting Actor and Actress went to Yoo Jun-sang ("Return'') and Kim Hae-sook ("Open City''), respectively. The latter star showed off a wild, charismatic streak as an ex-convict in "Open City,'' breaking away from her usual TV roles as a housewife. The 52-year-old, sexy in a sleek black dress on the night, also received attention for her role as a mother who falls in love with her daughter's former fiance. The romance film "Viva Love'' won director Oh Jeom-gyun the title of Best New Director and Best Screenplay.

Korean cinema and broadcasting have seen a high tide of stylistic period pieces depicting lives and loves from the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910). The befittingly named court intrigue "Shadows in the Palace'' by debutant director Kim Mee-jung won the award for Best Lighting while "Hwang Jin Yi,'' starring actress Song Hye-kyo as the famed poet and dancer, received prizes for Best Music and Costume.

"M,'' celebrated director Lee Myung-se's striking, surreal story starring Gang Dong-won, received the Best Visuals Award. "Miracle of a Giving Fool'' starring Ha Ji-won and Cha Tae-hyun, a hit among popular cartoon-turned-movies, won the public vote for Best Hallyu (Korean Wave) Movie.

Actor Daniel Henney, who recently finished shooting his Hollywood debut in the "X-Men'' franchise, was named Best New Actor ("My Father'') and model-turned-actress Han Ye-seul won Best New Actress. A special honor went to Yoo Dong-hoon, president of the Korea Scenario Writers Association, for his lifetime contribution to Korean cinema.

Stellar Event Casts Dark Shadows

But brightness is always accompanied by dark shadows. Inefficient organization prolonged the running time of the event, and the awardees did not receive sufficient time to express their happiness.

The preceding film festival inviting moviegoers to watch movies and meet cineastes at the Seoul World Cup Stadium, May 24-28, was popular and was extended until the 30th. However, the award ceremony itself drew a rather disappointing level of public participation. The annual event recorded a relatively low viewer rating of 11.9 percent through its live broadcasting on SBS.

The ceremony caused disorder in the Samseong-dong area where roads were blocked off, and there was sharp criticism of its overly commercial tactic of charging people to vote for the Hallyu Movie Award.

hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

~~~~~

Source: Chosun Jun.30,2008 07:32 KST

Kim Yun-jin Wins Best Actress Prize at Daejong Awards

20080630001000b64a4cuf7.jpg

Actress Kim Yun-jin poses at the 45th Annual Daejong Film Awards on Friday night. /Yonhap

Kim Yun-jin won the Best Actress award for her role in the film "Seven Days", a story of a child abduction, at the Annual Daejong Film Awards held Friday at the COEX Convention Hall. Kim beat out Jeon Do-yeon who has won eight best actress awards at home and abroad so far, including one for her part in "Secret Sunshine" at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival last year.

Filled with emotion, Kim could barely speak as she accepted the award onstage. "I'm stunned to receive this award," she said. "I'm honored to have been nominated along with Jeon and the other actresses. This award is on behalf of all the staff and crew of 'Seven Days.' I thank director Won Shin-yeon, who lied to me that I was the only actress to take on the role." She thanked all the staff and colleagues by name and lastly dedicated the prize to her mother.

Kim also won at the Saturn Awards in the U.S. and the Asian Actress award at the Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival for her role in the hit U.S. TV series "Lost." In 2002 she won the Best Actress prize at Korea's Blue Dragon Awards for her work in "Milae."

Meanwhile, "The Chaser", the number one Korean blockbuster so far this year, drawing five million moviegoers, was the day's top winner with six awards, including Best Film, Best Director and Best Actor.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: OhmyNews

'Seven Days': Fast and Furious

A slick, Hollywood-style thriller will satisfy Kim Yun-jin fans

Kyu Hyun Kim (qhyunkim)

Published 2008-10-01 10:16 (KST)

qhyunkim3837781673002bbas5.jpg

©2008 Prime Entertainment

A hotshot defense lawyer Yu Ji-yeon (Kim Yun-jin, TV's "Lost") learns to her horror that someone has kidnapped her daughter. Instead of a ransom, the kidnapper demands that Ji-yeon defend a vicious rapist-murderer to an acquittal at an upcoming trial. She has only seven days to locate her daughter, or, conversely, prove that the prosecuted murderer is innocent.

The only help around is her thuggish cop friend (Park Hee-soon, "Boss X File," "Antarctic Journal"), while a corrupt prosecuting attorney (Jeong Dong-hwan) and the victim's headstrong mother (Kim Mi-suk, "Marathon") stand in her way.

"Seven Days" turned out to be the biggest box office draw in the fourth quarter of 2007 in Korea, enthusiastically embraced by the moviegoers, even though critical reaction was more ambivalent. The film's MTV-on-speed editing style and narrative rhythm received some criticism, but I don't feel like slamming "Seven Days" just because it allegedly emulates Hollywood blockbusters or American TV dramas ("mi-deu," as colloquially known in Korea).

Should the director Won Shin-yeon ("The Wig," "A Bloody Aria") have followed the examples of, say, Oliver Assayas and made something like "Boarding Gate" or "Demonlover" instead? Perish the thought. Besides, "Seven Days" is genuinely well put-together: its technical proficiency is never in doubt, right down to the strikingly realistic makeup effects on the victim's dead body. It certainly is director Won's best film so far.

Unfortunately, the movie is riddled with illogical plot points, a few of which threaten to negate the entire premise. For one, given the "loophole" in the Korean legal system revealed in the climax, there was no real reason to kidnap Ji-yeon's daughter, since he/she had the key evidence allowing Ji-yeon to activate that loophole in his/her possession all along.

And of course, the culprit's motivation for putting Ji-yeon through that much ordeal is, charitably put, crazy. Oh, I forgot, the culprit IS insane. "Seven Days" also flirts with criticism of the legal system, but wisely decides to let it peter out: it certainly doesn't slide into a bizarre "left-wing" vigilante fantasy like "Princess Aurora."

qhyunkim3837781673003bcay4.jpg

©2008 Prime Entertainment

Besides, if there ever was a God-given antidote to the macho Korean directors with pretensions to being left-wing social critics, it's Kim Yun-jin. Even though Ji-yeon's character arc is written, by director Won and the scribe Yun Je-goo, in such a way to illustrate her "re-discovery" of "motherhood" over the course of the film, Kim, through her radiant charisma and super-charged but finely tuned acting, blows all this ideological claptrap into smithereens.

She establishes Ji-yeon from the get-go as a warm, caring but sensible professional woman. Kim carries the film on her shoulders like a female Atlas and makes sure that it appears a lot better than it actually is. (I do think it is about time, though, that she demands something other than these I-am-so-sorry-I-was-less-than-good-mother roles from Korean producers) In this she is ably assisted by an excellent supporting cast, including Kim Mi-suk, Park Hee-soon, Choi Myoung-soo (memorable in "Les Formidables"), as the equal-parts pathetic and disgusting murder suspect, and Oh Kwang-rok ("Spring Bears Love"), as Ji-yeon's humorously genteel gangster client.

"Seven Days" is a slick and calculated thriller, all right, so those constitutionally unable to like this kind of movies need not bother. It's really not as clever or poignant as its makers probably think it is, but it may make a surprisingly strong impression for casual fans of Korean cinema, and is, needless to say, a must for Kim Yun-jin fans.

☆☆☆★

©2008 OhmyNews

this movie was awesome..i;ve been watchign it over and over again..

i wonder why it people here in soompi didnt take an interest in it..

the acting was great, the storyline makes u wonder what would happened next..a beautiful movie indeed

i wonder why it people here in soompi didnt take an interest in it..

yes me too wondering

it was amazing... it took me awhile to understand what happened at the ending, but when I got it I was WOWed :D

awesome movie indeed

Seven Days (2008)

Director: Won Sin-yeon

Cast: Kim Yun-jin , Kim Mi-suk

Region code: 3

Subtitles: English, Korean

Running time: 225 min.

Rating: 19+

Sound: DD 5.1, SURROUND

Review From SEOUL Magazine

"Seven Days" directed by Won Sin-yeon, is a Korean crime thriller film starring Kim Yoonjin, star of hit American series "Lost" This movie is viewed as a Korean version of the popular American TV series "CSI" In the movie, Yoo Jiyeon (Kim Yoonjin) is a successful, prominent lawyer and single mom of a 7-year-old girl. Yoo¡¯s successful career puts her in the spotlight, but makes it hard to spend much time with her daughter, which makes her feel that she is not a good mother. To please her daughter, Yoo comes to her school's annual sport meeting and participates in a relay race. After the race, she finds out her daughter is missing. Later, she receives a phone call from her daughter's abductor who demands as a ransom of her daughter the freeing of a convicted murderer, Jung Chul-jin, who is in the final seven days of his trial. In order to save her daughter's life, she will have to prove the killer is innocent.

Yoo's desperate struggles and investigations to find evidence to prove the convicted killer's innocence unfold speedily in the seven days. From the beginning to the end, the movie has a tense atmosphere and heightened suspense, keeping viewers on the edge of their seats and guessing about who the murderer and kidnapper are. In the latter half of the movie, astonishing twists and turns await viewers. Solid, riveting storylines, exceptional directing and acting, and heartrending drama make this movie stand out.

Through powerful and charismatic acting, Kim Yoon-jin perfectly plays various roles of a thorough, competent lawyer and a mother with strong maternal instincts. In particular, her inner acting is exquisite. In addition, stellar acting of other characters including co-star Kim Seol-yeong (Park Hee-sun) appearing as her friend and a policeman makes this movie more intriguing. Unexpected twists, fast-paced beat and quick and splendid scenes add extraordinary fun to the movie as a crime thriller and is sure to captivate viewers.

The fast-paced development of the movie makes you feel like you're riding on a non-stop rollercoaster. However, the movie might have better served audiences with more clarification of the relationship among the murderer, abductor and the one who masterminds the kidnapping. It's no wonder why Hollywood's Summit Entertainment bought the rights to this well-made movie for $1 million. If you're craving for a special Korean crime thriller film different from others, "Seven Days" is a great choice for you.

Copyright © 2002-2008 Seoul Selection

The 7th Korea Film Awards Nominee List

BEST PICTURE 최우수 작품상

My Dear Enemy 멋진 하루

Night And Day 밤과 낮

Rough Cut 영화는 영화다

Forever The Moment 우리 생애 최고의 순간

The Chaser 추격자

BEST DIRECTOR 감독상

Choi Ho 최호 (Go Go 70 고고70)

Lee Yoon-ki 이윤기 (My Dear Enemy 멋진 하루)

Hong Sang-ho 홍상수 (Night And Day 밤과 낮)

Kim Ji-woon 김지운 (The Good The Bad The Weird 좋은 놈 나쁜 놈 이상한 놈)

Na Hong-jin 나홍진 (The Chaser 추격자)

BEST LEADING ACTOR 남우 주연상

Ha Jung-woo 하정우 (My Dear Enemy 멋진 하루)

Jung Jae-young 정재영 (The Divine Weapon 신기전)

So Ji-sub 소지섭 (Rough Cut 영화는 영화다)

Song Kang-ho 송강호 (The Good The Bad The Weird 좋은 놈 나쁜 놈 이상한 놈)

Kim Yoon-seok 김윤석 (The Chaser 추격자)

BEST LEADING ACTRESS 여우 주연상

Kim Hae-sook 김해숙 (Viva! Love 경축! 우리사랑)

Kim Min-hee 김민희 (Hellcats 뜨거운 것이 좋아)

Gong Hyo-jin 공효진 (Crush & Blush 미쓰 홍당무)

Kim Yoon-jin 김윤진 (Seven Days 세븐 데이즈)

Son Ye-jin 손예진 (My Wife Got Married 아내가 결혼했다)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR 남우조연상

Kang Shin-il 강신일 (Kang Cheol-Jung: Public Enemy 1-1 강철중: 공공의 적1-1)

Song Young-chang 송영창 (An Eye For An Eye 눈에는 눈 이에는 이)

Park Hee-soon 박희순 (Seven Days 세븐 데이즈)

Park Chul-min 박철민 (Scout 스카우트)

Go Chang-seok 고창석 (Rough Cut 영화는 영화다)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS 여우조연상

Shin Min-ah 신민아 (Go Go 70 고고70)

Kim Mi-sook 김미숙 (Seven Days 세븐 데이즈)

Kim Ji-young 김지영 (Forever The Moment 우리 생애 최고의 순간)

Jo Eun-ji 조은지 (Forever The Moment 우리 생애 최고의 순간)

Seo Young-hee 서영희 (The Chaser 추격자)

BEST NEW ACTOR 신인남우상

Cha Seung-woo 차승우 (Go Go 70 고고70)

Kang Ji-hwan 강지환 (Rough Cut 영화는 영화다)

Lee Young-hoon 이영훈(GP506)

Shin Myung-chul 신명철 (Crossing 크로싱)

Eun Won-jae 은원재 (Hansel And Gretel 헨젤과 그레텔)

BEST NEW ACTRESS 신인여우상

Go Joon-hee 고준희 (Girl Scout 걸스카우트)

Jang Hee-jin 장희진 (Crazy Waiting 기다리다 미쳐)

Seo Woo 서우 (Crush & Blush 미쓰 홍당무)

Lee Ha-na 이하나 (Le Grand Chef 식객)

Han Ye-seul 한예슬 (Miss Gold Digger 용의주도 미스신)

BEST NEW DIRECTOR 신인감독상

Oh Jeom-gyun 오점균 (Viva! Love 경축! 우리사랑)

Lee Kyung-mi 이경미 (Crush & Blush 미쓰 홍당무)

Jang Hoon 장훈 (Rough Cut 영화는 영화다)

Jung Byung-gil 정병길 (Action Boys 우린 액션 배우다)

BEST SCREENPLAY/ADAPTATION 각본,각색상

Yoon Je-goo 윤제구 (Seven Days screenplay 세븐 데이즈 각본)

Kim Hyun-Suk 김현석(Scout screenplay 스카우트 각본)

Song Hye-jin 송혜진 (My Wife Got Married adaptation 아내가 결혼했다 각색)

Kim Ki-duk 김기덕 (Rough Cut screenplay 영화는 영화다 각본)

Na Hong-jin 나홍진 (The Chaser screenplay 추격자 각본)

BEST ART DIRECTION 미술상

조상경 (Modern Boy 모던보이)

조화성 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 좋은 놈 나쁜 놈 이상한 놈)

장춘섭 (GP506)

김현옥 (Crossing 크로싱)

류성희 (Hansel And Gretel 헨젤과 그레텔)

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY 촬영상

최성호 (My Dear Enemy 멋진 하루)

최영환 (Seven Days 세븐 데이즈)

이모개 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 좋은 놈 나쁜 놈 이상한 놈)

이성제 (The Chaser 추격자)

BEST LIGHTING 조명상

신경만 (Go Go 70 고고70)

김경선 (My Dear Enemy 멋진 하루)

강대희 (Modern Boy 모던보이)

김성관 (Seven Days 세븐 데이즈)

이철오 (The Chaser 추격자)

BEST EDITING 편집상

신민경 (Seven Days 세븐 데이즈)

김상범 (Scout 스카우트)

문인대 (Forever The Moment 우리 생애 최고의 순간)

김선민 (The Chaser 추격자)

BEST VISUAL EFFECT 시각효과상

강종익, 손승현 (Modern Boy 모던보이 CG)

정성진 (The Divine Weapon 신기전 CG)

정두홍, 지중현, 허명행 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 좋은 놈 나쁜 놈 이상한 놈 무술)

정도안, 이희경 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 좋은 놈 나쁜 놈 이상한 놈 특수효과)

이창만 (GP506 특수분장)

BEST SOUND EFFECT 음향상

김석원, 김창섭 (Go Go 70 고고70)

서영준 (Modern Boy 모던보이)

이승철, 이성진 (Seven Days 세븐 데이즈)

김석원, 김창섭 (The Divine Weapon 신기전)

김경태, 최태영 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 좋은 놈 나쁜 놈 이상한 놈)

BEST MUSIC 음악상

방준석 (Go Go 70 고고70)

김정범 (My Dear Enemy 멋진 하루)

이재진 (Modern Boy 모던보이)

달파란, 장영규 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 좋은 놈 나쁜 놈 이상한 놈)

김준석, 최용락 (The Chaser 추격자)

BEST SHORT FILM 단편영화상

날아간 뻥튀기(방은진 감독)

돼지와 셰익스피어(김건 감독)

모퉁이의 남자(이진우 감독)

봄에 피어나다(정지연 감독)

아들의 여자(홍성훈 감독)

The most overall nominations went to "The Chaser" with 10. Following closely behind is "Seven Days" with 8 nominations. "The Good, The Bad, The Weird" is presented with 7 nominations. "Go Go 70", "My Dear Enemy", and "Rough Cut" received 6 nominations each while "Modern Boy" captured 5.

Award ceremony will be held on December 4 at 6pm at Sejong Cultural Center in Seoul.

Source: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200811072103141003

Review Period: 2007.10.25 ~2008.10.30

The 29th Blue Dragon Awards Nominee List

BEST FILM 최우수작품

Seven Days 세븐데이즈

Forever The Moment 우리 생애 최고의 순간 (이하 우생순)

The Good, The Bad, The Weird 좋은놈 나쁜놈 이상한놈 (이하 놈놈놈)

The Chaser 추격자

Crossing 크로싱

BEST DIRECTOR 감독

Kim Yoo-jin 김유진 (The Divine Weapon 신기전)

Kim Ji-woon 김지운 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Kim Tae-kyun 김태균 (Crossing 크로싱)

Won Shin-yeon 원신연 (Seven Days 세븐데이즈)

Lim Soon-rye 임순례 (Forever The Moment 우생순)

BEST LEADING ACTOR 남우주연

Kim Yoon-seok 김윤석 (The Chaser 추격자)

Kim Joo-hyuk 김주혁 (My Wife Got Married 아내가 결혼했다)

Seol Kyung-gu 설경구 (Kang Cheol-Jung: Public Enemy 1-1 강철중 : 공공의 적 1-1)

Song Kang-ho 송강호 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Lee Byung-hun 이병헌 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Ha Jung-woo 하정우 (The Chaser 추격자)

BEST LEADING ACTRESS 여우주연

Gong Hyo-jin 공효진 (Crush & Blush 미쓰 홍당무)

Kim Yun-jin 김윤진 (Seven Days 세븐데이즈)

Moon So-ri 문소리 (Forever The Moment 우생순)

Son Ye-jin 손예진 (My Wife Got Married 아내가 결혼했다)

Soo Ae 수애 (Sunny 님은 먼곳에)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR 남우조연

Go Chang-seok 고창석 (Rough Cut 영화는 영화다)

Park Hee-soon 박희순 (Seven Days 세븐데이즈)

Uhm Tae-woong 엄태웅 (Forever The Moment 우생순)

Lim Won-hee 임원희 (Le Grand Chef 식객)

Jung Kyung-ho 정경호 (Sunny 님은 먼곳에)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS 여우조연

Kim Mi-sook 김미숙 (Seven Days 세븐데이즈)

Kim Ji-young 김지영 (Forever The Moment 우생순)

Kim Hae-sook 김해숙 (Open City 무방비 도시)

Park Shi-yeon 박시연 (Dachimawa Lee 다찌마와 리)

Seo Young-hee 서영희 (The Chaser 추격자)

BEST NEW ACTOR 신인남우

Kang Ji-hwan 강지환 (Rough Cut 영화는 영화다)

Kim Nam-gil 김남길 (Kang Cheol-Jung: Public Enemy 1-1 강철중 : 공공의 적 1-1)

Ryu Tae-joon 류태준 (Girl Scout 걸스카우트)

So Ji-sub 소지섭 (Rough Cut 영화는 영화다)

Lee Young-hoon 이영훈 (GP506)

BEST NEW ACTRESS 신인여우

Seo Woo 서우 (Crush & Blush 미쓰 홍당무)

Lee Ha-na 이하나 (Le Grand Chef 식객)

Han Ye-seul 한예슬 (Miss Gold Digger 용의주도 미스 신)

Han Eun-jung 한은정 (The Divine Weapon 신기전)

Hwang Woo Seul-hye 황우슬혜 (Crush & Blush 미쓰 홍당무)

BEST NEW DIRECTOR 신인감독

Oh Jeom-gyun 오점균 (Viva! Love 경축! 우리사랑)

Lee Sang-ki 이상기 (Open City 무방비 도시)

Jang Hoon 장훈 (Rough Cut 영화는 영화다)

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY 촬영

Kim Byung-seo 김병서 (Go Go 70 고고70)

Kim Tae-kyung 김태경 (Modern Boy 모던보이)

Lee Mo-gae 이모개 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Lee Sung-je 이성제 (The Chaser 추격자)

Hong Kyung-pyo 홍경표 (M)

BEST LIGHTING 조명

Kang Dae-Hee 강대희 (Modern Boy 모던보이)

Shin Kyung-man 신경만 (Go Go 70 고고70)

Oh Seung-cheol 오승철 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Lee Cheol-oh 이철오 (The Chaser 추격자)

Choi Cheol-soo 최철수 (M)

BEST MUSIC 음악

Kim Joon-seok 김준석 Choi Yong-rak 최용락 (The Chaser 추격자)

Dalparan 달파란 Jang Young-gyu 장영규 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

Bang Joon-seok 방준석 (Go Go 70 고고70)

Lee Byung-hoon 이병훈 Bang Joon-seok 방준석 (Sunny 님은 먼곳에)

Lee Jae-jin 이재진 (Modern Boy 모던보이)

BEST ART DIRECTION 미술

Kang Seung-yong 강승용 (Sunny 님은 먼곳에)

Min Eun-wook 민언욱 (The Divine Weapon 신기전)

Yoo-Joo-ho 유주호 Yoon Sang-yoon 윤상윤 (M)

Jo Sang-kyung 조상경 (Modern Boy 모던보이)

Jo Hwa-sung 조화성 (The Good, The Bad, The Weird 놈놈놈)

TECHINICAL AWARD 기술

Kim Seon-min 김선민 (The Chaser - editing 추격자-편집)

Shin Min-kyung 신민경 (Seven Days - editing 세븐데이즈-편집)

Lee Chang-man 이창만 (GP506 - special makeup GP506-특수분장)

Visual Insight 인사이트비주얼 (Modern Boy - CG 모던보이-CG)

DTI (The Good, The Bad, The Weird - CG 놈놈놈-CG)

BEST SCREENPLAY 각본

Na Hyun 나현 (Forever The Moment 우생순)

Song Hye-jin 송혜진 (My Wife Got Married 아내가 결혼했다)

Yoon Jae-gu 윤재구 (Seven Days 세븐데이즈)

Source: Blue Dragon Awards Official Homepage

this movie is really awesome!

it kept the suspense throughout and the plot development was fast paced

the twist at the end of everything was nicely done...

though u have to understand the connection betw the events to fully appreciate it

quite surprised there isnt much discussion here in this thread.

i must say Kim Yun-jin is an excellent actress. she carried her role really well.