Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

virgo_star

[movie 2005] Marrying The Mafia 2 가문의 위기

Shin Hyun Joon, Kim Won Hee, Kim Soo Mi
posters: lp1.jpgD1438-02.jpg pics s1.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17392/1.jpg s2.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17392/2.jpg s3.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17392/3.jpg s4.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17392/4.jpg s5.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17392/5.jpg s6.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17392/6.jpg s7.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17392/7.jpg s8.jpg big: http://cinema.chosun.com/movie/17392/8.jpg 가문의 위기 (Marrying The Mafia 2) Director: 정용기 (Jung Yong-Gi) Cast: 신현준 (Shin Hyun-Joon), 김원희 (Kim Won-Hee), 김수미 (Kim Soo-Mi) Website: http://www.gamun2005.co.kr/ Rating: 15 and Over + Preview - mms://chosun.lgcdn.com/chosun/entertainment/LiveShop/cinema/coming/gamon_wegi.wmv + Teaser Trailer (Downloadable, 300k, Windows Media): http://ninen.80port.net/email/gm_06/img/gm2_320_240_300k.wmv + Theatrical Trailer 1 (Streaming, Windows Media): mms://media1.maxmovie.com/movieinfo/image/av/gamoon2_trailer.wmv + Theatrical Trailer 2 (Streaming, Windows Media): mms://media1.maxmovie.com/movieinfo/image/av/gamoon2_trailer_02.wmv + Making Of (Streaming, Windows Media): mms://nhnext.hvod.nefficient.co.kr/nhnext/movie/movieclip/making/K0002635_300.wmv synopsis... 가문의 업그레이드를 위한 백호파의 새로운 미션!! 이번엔 엘리트 며느리다! 최고 명문家 백호파의 대모 홍덕자 여사! 조직은 조직대로 무럭무럭 크고, 슬하의 세 아들은 나름(?) 믿음직하다. 그러나 반드시 이룩해야 할 단 하나의 과제가 남아 있었으니, 가문의 체질개선을 위한 '엘리트 며느리' 모시기!! '홍여사'는 세 아들에게 자신의 환갑잔치 때까지 무조건 큰 며느리 감을 데려오라는 명령을 내린다. 이거 참… 엘리트 며느리 모시려다 호랭이 모시게 생겼다?! 며느리 감 물색에 나선 세 아들, 드디어 어디 내놔도 부끄럽지 않을 며느리 감을 발견했단다!! 근데 며느리 될 아이가 강력계 검사라고라고라? 가문의 영광을 이루려다 가문이 위태롭게 생겼다~! 과연 홍여사와 세 아들은 엘리트 며느리 모시기에 성공할 수 있을 것인가? ^ translation pls... ------------------------------------------------------- The sequel to the smash hit 2002 comedy '가문의 영광' ('Marrying The Mafia') had its press screening today at the Seoul Theater. This time the 'family' of the title isn't trying to lure an SNU alumni, but the trendy career of choice, an inspector daughter in law. The film was directed by Jung Yong-Gi of '인형사' ('The Dollmaster') fame. Present at the premiere the director Jung Yong-Gi, and cast members Shin Hyun-Joon, Kim Won-Hee, Kim Soo-Mi and Tak Jae-Hoon. Reviews have been mostly of the mixed style. Most of the people argued if you're going in for a laugh out loud comedy with low expectations, you'll have fun. But of course there's also people who actually expect 'something' other than silly comedy and ad-libs from these films, so some really negative reviews too. The film debuts on September 8. Interviews and Comments Director Jung Yong-Gi: I felt some burden because of the first film, but I made sure we'd create something new for the people who liked Marrying The Mafia. I also think the characters in this films come alive and are more active than in the first. Kim Won-Hee: I played two roles in the film, so thinking about those times when I got really confused about the scenes fills my heart with emotion. [...] I was nervous about acting again after a long time, but thankfully the director did a good job editing, so it was fun. Kim Soo-Mi: It's really rare to see critics laugh at a press screening, but it looks like that changed, just for a day. Personally, that's at least a welcome result for all the months we've worked hard to make this film. I even cried during the second half. Press Reaction Film2.0's Choi Kwang-Hee: More than writing a review of this film, we need a viewer guide. The following types of viewers will enjoy this film: 1. The type of viewer who starts laughing hysterically the moment Kim Soo-Mi, Tak Jae-Hoon and Kim Won-Hee appear on TV; 2. All the viewers who enjoyed jopok comedies like '가문의 영광' ('Marrying The Mafia), '보스상륙작전 ('Boss X File') and '조폭 마누라' ('My Wife is a Gangster'); 3. Those people who have no problems seeing sexual humour (breasts, male organs) and are not offended by it; 4. People who want to have a breather from their stressing life and a good laugh without thinking too much; 5. People who are moved to tears by poetic justice and people cleaning up their own mess. Yonhap News' Kim Byung-Gyu: There's no family in [Korean title of the film means 'Family's Crisis']. The warmth of the family shown in the first film is gone, all the feelings with it. The film runs wild with only the humour leaning on the one-off individual skills of its stars, and the excessive use of toilet humour. Execution and humour both lack compared to the first film, and it's hard to find any freshness and wit. You get the feeling the laugh factor takes a gradual turn for the worse. It's also very hard to find all that charismatic comic acting Kim Won-Hee shows on tv. Quick Judgment Screen's Park Hye-Eun Film Quality: AVERAGE Box Office Potential: GOOD Movieweek's Lee Joo-Young Film Quality: AVERAGE Box Office Potential: GOOD Yonhap News' Kim Byung-Gyu Film Quality: POOR Box Office Potential: AVERAGE Segye Ilbo's Kim Shin-Sung Film Quality: AVERAGE Box Office Potential: GOOD Hanguk Ilbo's Choi Ji-Hyang Film Quality: AVERAGE Box Office Potential: GOOD Premiere's Jeon Jong-Hyuk Film Quality: AVERAGE Box Office Potential: GOOD Via Film2.0, nKinoand Yahoo Korea - Posted by X at August 30, 2005 12:19 AM c: www.twitchfilm.net c: cinema.chosun.com c: naver.com

I saw Marrying the Mafia 1 and it was really funny... I know that the box office for this movie was good too. I read somewhere that it even surpassed Marrying the Mafia 1, saying this was the best comedy of the year...

Kim Jung Eun doesn't have to be in this one because it's a complete different story, so no one from the first movie is in the 2nd movie

Kim Jung Eun doesn't have to be in this one because it's a complete different story, so no one from the first movie is in the 2nd movie

but Kim Jung Eun made the first Marrying The Mafia a big hit..they should've considered that aspect before..

but Kim Jung Eun made the first Marrying The Mafia a big hit..they should've considered that aspect before..

not the entire cast of the first movie is in here .i dont think there is even a link between the first and the second apart from the name ..they using it for the name ! only not the cast .well anyway this movie is crossing the 5 mil mark as well .....the first mafia .did 5,021,001 .according to koreanfilm.org records ..so ...welll .i think they did not lost out much .

'Mafia' Sequel Hits 5-Million Viewer Mark

The romantic gangster comedy ``Marrying the Mafia 2’’ hit the 5-million-viewer mark on Monday. It is the 10th domestic film to reach that mark in history.

The film, which opened Sept. 8, was seen by 4.96 million people by Sunday and went over the 5-million mark the next day, according to its distributor Showbox.

Aside from ``Marrying the Mafia 2,’’ two other films brought in over 5 million viewers this year: ``Running Boy’’ and ``Welcome to Dongmakgol.’’

Previously, only seven films have ever surpassed that mark. The first to do so was ``Shiri’’ in 1999, which was seen by 6.2 million people. Last year, ``Tae Guk Ki’’ and ``Silmido’’ made history by becoming the first films to go over the 11-million-viewer mark.

sohjoo@koreatimes.co.kr

10-04-2005 19:09

Jung Joon Ho, the guy from the 1st movie is in this one. I saw him in the trailer... :) omgoshhhh i cant wait till this comes out in the U.S. so i can go rent itt!! :D

I saw Marrying the Mafia 1 and it was really funny... I know that the box office for this movie was good too. I read somewhere that it even surpassed Marrying the Mafia 1, saying this was the best comedy of the year...

Update : Oct 10, 2005 KST 13:56

“Married To The Mafia 2” tops box-office among comedy movies

moon_l.jpg

The comedy movie “Married To The Mafia 2,” starring Kim Won-hee and Shin Hyun-jun and directed by Chung Yong-ki, drew more than 5 million viewers nationwide as of Oct. 8, leaving behind its rival, “My Wife Is A Gangster,” and setting a box-office record among Korean comedy movies.

The movie’s distributor, Show Box, said on Oct. 9 that “Married To The Mafia 2,” which opened Sept. 7, had drawn 1,356,942 viewers in Seoul and 5,287,702 viewers nationwide as of Oct. 8, one month after its premiere.

The previous record-setter, “My Wife Is A Gangster,” drew 5.29 million viewers in September, 2001.

“Married To The Mafia 2” also broke the record of its predecessor, “Married To The Mafia,” which drew 5.2 million viewers its opening month. The feat stands in stark contrast with the sequels “My Wife Is A Gangster 2” and “Hi! Dharma 2,” both of which failed to attract as much attention as their more successful predecessors.

The popularity of “Married To The Mafia 2” is expected to continue to rise for the time being as the film will continue to be shown in 45 Seoul theaters and 226 theaters nationwide.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...4348_11692.html

------------------------------------------------------

'Mafia' Sequel Is Nation's Top Comedy

ensor200510101948450Mafia.jpg

"Married to the Mafia 2"

The gangster comedy ``Marrying the Mafia 2’’ has become the most successful comedy film ever, the film’s distributor announced Sunday.

The film, a sequel to the popular 2002 comedy, recorded some 5.28 million viewers on Oct. 8, breaking the record for a domestic comedy set by ``My Wife Is a Gangster,’’ which was seen by 5.25 million people in 2001.

Starring Shin Hyun-jun and Kim Won-hee, the film tells the story of a member of a powerful mafia family who falls in love with a star prosecutor who is out to rid the nation of gangsters.

The film opened on Sept. 7 and was helped by a healthy box office return during the Chusok holidays on Oct. 17-19. It also became the 10th domestic film to go over the 5-million-viewer mark ever.

The overall success of ``Marrying the Mafia 2’’ was seen as unexpected, as sequels to such popular comedies as ``My Wife Is a Gangster’’ and ``Hi, Dharma’’ have not fared well in recent years.

sohjoo@koreatimes.co.kr

10-10-2005 19:23

Source: The Korea Times

http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/culture/20...19203511720.htm

i think the plot is totally different.

KTH <3

Looks interesting. I enjoyed the first one. I want to watch this one too. Kim Won Hee plays two characters?

It got Shin Hyun Joon oppa in it. Never see or believe that he will act in comedy act. Can't wait to for this CD/DVD to come to my place so that I can buy it. Sure a collector item.

~Hyun Joon oppa

I watched it already, it was a funny movie but character not as good as mafia 1, n btw anione have subtittle(srt) for this movie?? coz i watched it wifout knowing wat they saying..

You can download it from my clubbox.

But it's going to be deleted in 12 hours.

I'd upload it again but I'm having trouble uploading anything on my clubbox.

So hurry!!!

Ahahahaha...

i just saw this movie a few days ago...

it's awesome..

i like it about as much as the first one..

totally different story... Kim won hee is hilarious and very pretty as well..

shin hyun joon is awesome as well..

jung joon ho's cameo is so cute..

The first was really good. They changed the cast for the second one, but I think it will be awesome too.