jahye

[variety] We Got Married 우리 결혼했어요

20,539 posts in this topic

Posted

I did see in the comments below Hello Counselor "Taejoon is a Player!" So there's some hate thrown in even in that brief encounter.

1 person likes this

Posted

19 hours ago, colourgrae said:

I did see in the comments below Hello Counselor "Taejoon is a Player!" So there's some hate thrown in even in that brief encounter.

player?????? but why:huh:?

2 people like this

Posted

@Lmangla I haven't a clue. But I have seen comments in the past like that. Perhaps it comes from that one incident of the ex girlfriend commenting on the cat picture. He replied to her and of course, it became "something" But other than that, I don't know. He seems like a loyal guy to the end. His comments on Hello Counselor are very mature and he hates to see others played on.

So just a young Apink fan I think

Bomi's condition must be on the rise in S. Korea. I've started watching Crime Scene and they used it in a story. A daughter of one of the fictional characters got it, and was entered into a test of a new drug for it. So it's well known enough to be used as a plot twist.

3 people like this

Posted

6 hours ago, colourgrae said:

Bomi's condition must be on the rise in S. Korea. I've started watching Crime Scene and they used it in a story. A daughter of one of the fictional characters got it, and was entered into a test of a new drug for it. So it's well known enough to be used as a plot twist.

what happened???? what was used in a story????? :huh:

Posted

@Lmangla Atopic dermatitis. It is patches of skin that are itchy and usually starts in childhood. Mild cases can be soothed by ointment. There was a picture posted one time of Bomi with a flare up on her neck. So it is a chronic disease. Usually on Hello Counselor, celebrity guests are chosen because they have experience with some problem that the participant has. On Bomi's episode, a lady was on a diet that was too harsh and she was warned of what could happen with her skin. People think this condition is brought on by stress (certainly could worsen it) and poor diet.

3 people like this

Posted

ah I see @colourgrae; so thats how hello counselor works in terms of guests. I wondered why they chose these two members from apink and not others. I don't watch it regularly. just randomly when I am bored. initially taejoon used to be really shy and kind of nervous but now, he does seem very confident and at ease in the show. so good for him. hope there are other WGM reunions for us to come back and chat. :)

4 people like this

Posted

Someone in Candy couple thread asked about news on next season of WGM. I don't think there's any news, right?

Actually i wonder if it's better to just end it. B'cos WGM means married...will still have that theme even with any changes. 

I prefer a dating or befriendlng theme...feel more natural. Just my personal feel.

Sidetrack abit....about MBC....recently there are some negative news. Think there is something "rotten" at the highest level of MBC.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/22/mbc-variety-show-producers-join-growing-calls-companys-president-step/

And they now became like tabloid/gossip channel....

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/06/mbc-travels-to-bali-to-gather-more-information-on-song-joong-ki-and-song-hye-kyos-dating-rumors

3 people like this

Posted

@Cedric Ong I clicked on the 2nd article first and got so confused! WTH was MBC doing following 2 actors all the way to Bali?  Why the heck should they care? or more importantly, why the heck follow? Wow! kinda ridiculous... /i rthought the MBC in that article stood for another news organization or tabloid ...smh...and then read the 1st article abt the CEO...smh some more..but silver lining ..if he gets booted out (what are the chances on this happening btw?) ...maybe wgm  will get a chance to come back!

just my preference, but I still like the idea of them married instead of dating but only if they really do find celebs committed to the process and to this theme. But maybe have a transition period where the couple meet then for several episodes kinda date and get to know each other, maybe as they prepare for the wedding then have the ceremony, have a honeymoon trip and only then move in together and show all that entails (I remember enjoying watching KYW and OMS moving in and cleaning up and packing in their new place, very couple-like).

In other words, follow the normal order of things. They've played around with this sequence, each couple slightly different but I think if it's this way , it might help them develop a closer bond, or at least be less awkward and it feels more natural. Although Yura and HJH marrying the first time they met was kinda amusing but could have been a lot more awkward if it wasn't so obvious that there were definite sparks esp on Yura's side.

Come to think of it, TJ and BM kinda had this order I mentioned, didn't they ? except they didn't have the trip. probably due to their schedules..and their stint felt more like a real couple. /i could be wrong ,my memories not all that good LOL

3 people like this

Posted

@luvforever thanks for the heads up on TaeBom on Hello Counselor. Haven;t heard abt this so it's great you posted to let us know. that fan vid was very interesting too. I agree with @colourgrae, it does look like BM has drawn a clear line between her and TJ. But still maintains their camaraderie from before. Her body language in that fan video (which I wish she had turned just a bit ore to the left so we could see TJ more!) was interesting. TJ was definitely engaged and turned towards BM but BM not as clear. She was turned to him and speaking to him comfortably but her body was slightly leaning away or very straight /upright.

Yep, a line. And as if she was being very careful to not overstep. Hope I can see more of their interaction when i get around to watching the show.

Like @Lmangla mentioned it's great to see that they still show signs of their closeness from their WGM stint. Confirms that they did develop a bond during that time. As a viewer and them being a favorite of mine, it's good to see and know that they aren't going to act as if they had amnesia and never spent time with the other person or even had a wedding ceremony. I still hope it was a closer relationship but oh well...maybe someday...or maybe not LOL!

One thing that mas mentioned was that APink were getting threats from crazy fans bec the ladies were paired with actors in variety shows and this guesting might be testing the waters...BM's friend blurting out "you're not in WGM!" when BM turned to TJ for help with the remote, might not have been the smartest move bec it only highlighted their WGM stint and comfort and familiarity with each other. Crazy fans might get triggered.  But then BM mentioned TAaeBom signs in her concerts.So there's some support, I wonder if she still sees them now. Maybe if they persist, she'll be encouraged to go for it? LOL!  that's my eternal optimist self speaking, the cynical side says , nope, won't happen , get over it. LOLOL

3 people like this

Posted

10 hours ago, cdcotr said:

it's good to see and know that they aren't going to act as if they had amnesia and never spent time with the other person or even had a wedding ceremony. I still hope it was a closer relationship but oh well...maybe someday...or maybe not LOL!

we have such low expectations..... hahahhahah.... even them not acting as having amnesia is enough to make us cheer! :lol: so did you watch the episode? what did you think?

3 people like this

Posted

@cdcotr Watching Bomi on Running Man, giving a really hard kick to any guy who wanted a taste of their food, showed a side of her not seen on WGM. She was merciless in execution and not too sorry after the guy was writhing in pain on the floor. (our poor Island couple husband was one of them) So she has a very strong determination when she wants too.

So seeing her sit upright (being put right next to Taejoon of course) just shows her steely side. Maybe she is protecting him in the only way possible by drawing a line, but can't help melt a little because she can rely on him for help. Cause that crazy person is no joke. They sound schizophrenic. From personal experience, I can say that such a person will see you as an angel one moment, then a devil the next. You also can't believe what they say, are they really joking or did it/will it happen?

What a tough life for Apink. Even if that person is found, they may haunt Apink forever. That person I know, still calls my parents once or twice a year, trying for my phone number. For 23 years now.

3 people like this

Posted

46 minutes ago, colourgrae said:

That person I know, still calls my parents once or twice a year, trying for my phone number. For 23 years now.

:blink::huh::o

46 minutes ago, colourgrae said:

showed a side of her not seen on WGM.

interesting.... so he brought out a girly side of her? and she didn't even bother to compete with him too much over all those video games. she just found him amusing and laughed....

3 people like this

Posted

@Lmangla LOL yeah low expectations for sure! /i haven't seen it yet, maybe tonight..I have to look for the link and I'm not sure when it aired.

@colourgrae I was really looking forward to seeing BM show her athletic martial arts skills on the show! I kinda looked her up a bit since I know nothing abt these artists and saw some clips with her doing taekwondo. Sadly we didn't get to see it, another one of those "maybe if they had more time" kinda thoughts." But I think yes maybe she was a bit more girly on the show since I think it surprised her members too, how she acted around TJ. I thought she was being quite careful with how she interacted with TJ, maybe she wanted to show her more feminine side, different to how her fans have seen her in APink.Or maybe she wanted to give him a good impression.

It is always interesting how these celebs change or show a different side when they are paired up, how do they function as part of a couple. And what kind of couple. One thing comes to mind is Solar as part of a pair with Eric. It seems to me that she mostly behaved as a separate entity, quite independent of her partner and probably unchanged by being part of a couple. I could be wrong, I skipped them more  as they went on.

The best couples were those that showed a different side of themselves or were able to adapt and adjust once they were part of an "US" instead of just "I", and able to compromise and  work together.. Which is what separates it from just a dating show. Because married means you have to work together for better or for worse. So I hope they don't change it too much if it ever comes back. They should just choose the right people who don't have such an overt agenda being on the show or at least have their personal agenda be secondary to the shows theme or focus.

Anyway back to BM, I kinda always saw that steely side which I liked from the beginning, she wasn't too girly, or too squeamish. She just got on with it. If anything she might have been too composed so when we saw glimpses of her getting a bit flustered or affected by TJ, it was telling and squee-worthy (Is that a word?) LOL! But yeah that steely side came out at their last episode when she said she'll send the kimchi as you've reminded us. LOL Poor TJ!

It was nice to see her turn to him for help so I agree it was a nice "TaeBom moment" , she knows she can depend on him. So her being careful to protect him is possible and sad. These crazy fans are incomprehensible to me and they seem to get no legal consequences. What crazy kinda messed up business they're in. That they have to sacrifice and go without certain experiences and joys in life bec some crazy ones impose their beliefs on how they should live is all kinds of messed up.

A big difference from western entertainment world as far as I know. At least here, you still have freedom to make your own life choices, right or wrong. It seems acknowledged more that what they do is not who they are and that their fans do not own them and they aren't answerable to them just bec they have supported the artists.

And you have your own! Wow! hope whoever it is just goes far far  away.

I miss WGM and esp miss talking abt it here.

3 people like this

Posted

missing WGM, this thread and the folks here....

sigh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862519

so @cdcotr ~ did you get a chance to see that hello counsellor episode? what did you think?

and is there anything interesting happening with any of the other WGM couples - do folks know?

2 people like this

Posted

Gong Myung and Hyesung were in a series of short ads....starting from the earlier Namyang drink (posted before) to the Gmarket ones about the water park and laptops. Not sure if that's all or more. It's just work...but still not bad to be able to work together so soon after WGM. 

Spoiler

3 people like this

Posted

Since WGM is on hiatus (I would like to believe it will air again sometime in the future) why not update ourselves of the current status of all the couples in terms of love life.

MAIN TOPIC 

WGM CORNER:  MARRIED OR IN RELATIONSHIP OR SINGLE

I would like to start this with the current news and this format

WGM 2009: GUNDAM COUPLE | Jun Jin (Shinwa) & Lee Si Young (Actress)

SHORT DESC:

JUN JIN:

Later he joined We Got Married in early 2009 with actress Lee Si-young as his "wife". The couple was dubbed "Gundam Couple" due to Lee Si-young's obsession with Gundam. They officially departed from the show on May 3, 2009 due to the restructuring of the show's format.

LE SI YOUNG: 

But Lee rose to mainstream popularity when she joined the cast of We Got Married, a reality show about fake married couples, and was paired with Jun Jin of the boy band Shinhwa. Called the "Gundam couple"[5] by fans for their mutual love of the anime, Lee and Jun Jin began dating off-screen, making them the first couple to officially have a real relationship outside the show.[6] However, after dating for 6 months, they broke up in September 2009.

credit| wikipedia

CURRENT STATUS: Jun Jin | SINGLE (no news or rumors of being in a relationship)

CURRENT STATUS: Lee Si Young

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/07/actress-lee-si-young-announces-pregnancy-wedding-in-september

CONCLUSION: Little to no hope of having this two being married in the future. =(

CASE CLOSED##

3 people like this

Posted

On 7/10/2017 at 5:21 AM, Lmangla said:

missing WGM, this thread and the folks here....

sigh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862519

so @cdcotr ~ did you get a chance to see that hello counsellor episode? what did you think?

and is there anything interesting happening with any of the other WGM couples - do folks know?

hi  @Lmangla yep did get to finally watch the full episode. I tried to pay attention to BM and TJ but th story of the father with the 3 kids was so infuriating! LOL 

After watching them, I felt kinda sad in a way. She was so very careful to maintain distance and I don't think she even looked at him the whole time. Even when she asked help for the device, she didn't look him in the face. Not that I noticed anyway. It seemed like she was making a point, she won't deny their time together but also won't behave in the same friendly, familiar way, somewhere between mere acquaintances and friends.

I'm totally guessing and assuming but I think he's over it or that he isn't hoping for more at this point. He has accepted her terms and is getting on with his life.

Weird, I feel kinda disappointed even as I write this, maybe bec I think they could enrich each others' life by being in it, even if it is just as close friends. And they're missing out bec of her decision to let others dictate how her life should go. I'm sure that's oversimplifying it and I'm making a lot of assumptions but it's probably accurate in some way.

TJ was getting upset at the father, it looked like there was steam coming out of his ears ! LOL I was thinking to myself, "See, BM, he'd make a good father to your kids! " LOLOL

I, too, miss the discussions we have here...still no word abt WGM coming back I guess?

2 people like this

Posted

@happymemories09 ~ were you a fan of the gundam couple? it was kind of strange but I wasn't surprised that they dated or that they broke up! hahhaahha... so it was a long while back but my impression was a kind of a hot chemistry that would eventually dissolve into two people breaking up because they have trouble resolving their differences in a good way......  but they were one of the few couples who actually publicly dated after being on the show - definitely important. perhaps, they both learned stuff from the relationship?

@cdcotr ~ ah so you were disappointed? guess I had super low expectations. hahahah... but yea, no word about WGM coming back that I have seen. still waiting. fingers crossed.

2 people like this

Posted

I guess it's harder for idols to date after WGM....esp young ones when they have to maintain their idol image...and not affecting the group.

Even if as friends, meetup is hard...might fear scandals and rumors. The only times are perhaps during work, but they can't be w/o any reservations...thus showing a balance/distance in front of viewers. Unless it's backstage and not recorded....then we won't know...haha. If only by messaging and phonecalls (without normal meetups)....eventually time will diminish the feelings.

So ideally the most possible ones should be actors, esp older ones.....or non-idol singers....or if in idol groups, perhaps very senior ones.  

For actors who pair up again in a new drama after WGM...naturally they can be cosy....b'cos one reason is their chars/roles are like this...and there's less pressure than doing it on WGM. Of course shippers would have their imagination run wild. 

Btw real and fake....i tend to believe some (if not most) couples develop some good feelings (maybe not yet until love) after so many episodes of WGM....some might learn something about romance, or even themselves.

I didn't watch so many couples to comment more or give examples. But think a few females mention preferences during WGM or show appreciation to their partner who complement their own lacking eg she can't cook well but he can. Then later on when they really dated/married, that someone is quite close to what they mention. So at least these things (eg what they like or learn to like in a guy), they are quite truthful during WGM. And maybe also gain some experience from WGM.

3 people like this