Quantcast
joongielove

What Song Are You Listening To?

@phikyl We are in a heat wave.  Dying here with the humidity!  

@stroppyse glad they opened Big Sur highway 1.  I drove through the area in the dark once and lived to tell about it.  :) I personally like Laguna Beach/Corona Del Mar/Santa Monica beaches.  Paso Robles/Temecula wineries rival Napa/Sonoma.  Santa Barbara area is lovely.

@Dhakra I have to make it to your side of the world someday! Germany is affordable still.  Beer flight for you if I ever go.  We can meet!

On Spotify in the car:

• Like 2

@phikylI was about to say, didn't you live somewhere in Colorado or used to live there....I didn't have you in mind when it came down to California. 120F??? Aren't that around 48C? Really? I can't even imagine temperatures like this. Currently it is 37C here and I complain about it pretty much every second of the day.

@bedifferentWeren't you on "my" side of the world already? :blink: I mean, yeah, sure, you are welcome to hit Germany. I show you why German beer is famous and we can meet. No problem. 

@lynne22Talking about Germany. :D Scorpions are a german band.

Teaching german with this song. :D 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

@Dhakra

What is this world coming to if we keep agreeing with each other? Next thing you know, North and South Korea announce the merger of the two countries :O 

Yeah, I hope Mamamoo will just keep it that little bit of extra sexiness and keep it at that. Let's keep focus on the quality of the music, not the hotness of the girls. There are plenty more groups out there who already do that and who, frankly speaking, have hotter members. Quality >>> Hotness

Ah yes, Laboum! I seriously hope they come back with a bop and have a second one shortly after. The wait is too long between comebacks and their songs are either hit or miss. They still need that massive hit that everybody shakes too, we know they've got the talent for it.

Going through my 1000+ playlist on shuffle and this one comes along. Ahhh... memories :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

This song is for someone, somewhere.. sya la la la la.. You're a little late, I'm already torn.. sya la la la la la

• Like 1

@CamelKnight Did you just compare our little bromance with North & South Korea? Well, okay....why not...

Well, I do need a little hotness to fully enjoy an artist. I'm honest, I really need a little eye-candy. All of my favourite artists, all albums I have are from artists that are also beautiful. Dreamcatcher, EXID, Mamamoo, Davichi, Marmello all have at least one or two members that are exceptional beautiful.

Okay AKMU is the only exception, but their talent is out of this world. 

I don't have the feeling yet that Mamamoos sexy side interferes with their musical talent. 

That describes it very well, La Boum has either a hit or a complete miss. 

1000 songs? I have 140 in my current playlist and it doesn't really grow. There is just so much bad music out there. But okay, the first song I hit I will post.

Soo the chosen one is....

Spoiler

Minah was my first loooooooooooooove~ and it will be my last 

(if you clicked this and don't know the reference, then go and be ashamed of yourself!)

• Like 1

@Dhakra I did live in Colorado at one point but I grew up in California; most of my life was spent there. Yup! It was almost 49C that day. Record high for the area I was in too but it's dry heat so it doesn't usually feel too bad even when it gets in the 45C range. It's the humidity that's killer for me. 

• Like 2

@phikylAh I see. But I did remember Colorado, so small point for me. :D 

Everything beyond 30C is too hot for me, I need rain at least once a week. 

• Like 1

@Dhakra Oh I get it. It's not just the ears that need to be pleased, the eyes need something too :P

Actually, your spoiler first pointed me to After School - First Love. Only seconds later it reminded me of "music of the future, music of the past". Lol. I'm into KPop WAY too deep :P

Yeah, it's about 1040 now I think. But I recently started a 2018 Spring/Summer Kpop playlist which only has like 60 MV's. But there have been an exceptional number of good (according to me) songs this spring/summer!

Here's another oldie I know you like

• Like 1

this song is crazy. to be honest hahahaha :joy: it is crazy because if you don't have a kind of vocal capability with good breathing technique and wide range, at the end of the song, you will die .. :no_mouth: specially if you try to sing this, completely (all parts of the song) solo and live :no_mouth: wkwkwkwk (I can only survive to sing this live if I lowered the key 1/2 wkwkwkwk :joy: I wish it could be more low but it could not be because this song is just so unbelieveable. the lowest chord is very low and the highest is very high. you have no choice )  the original singers are just so amazing :thumbsup:

• Like 1

@CamelKnightExactly. 

I love Dal.Shabet because they are from my fav entertainment company. The same Dreamcatcher is from. Sadly Dal.Shabet more or less disbanded, but I liked their songs.

Speaking of Dreamcatcher

@Sejabini Sorry, but the best version of "Secret Love Song" is still Yoohyeons version. I fade into another dimension when it plays. Not even the original comes even close to this version. I would start a war for this version. 

• Like 1

@Dhakra hello.. it's been a long time since we've talk.. 

so, about yours secret love song version, just give me her live version then I will give her standing applause. if it's recording version, we all know what happened inside the recording studio. as for me, I love live version of the original singers because I can see their emotions when singing. I always love live version because I can see the real talents and emotions there and it gives me satisfaction as a fan. I like your girl, but I like little mix more ^_*

here's a pro singer doing live and I love love love love her

• Like 1

@SejabiniSince it's a cover version & solo performance, there aren't any live versions since they only do their regular songs at concerts. I do prefer studio versions though, since they are cleaner. Live versions do know how to trick aswell. But she does sound exactly like in the MV I sent to you as you can see here

Spoiler

@CamelKnightSo, Laboum Comeback, what is your opinion buddy?

I like the visuals, the MV is beautiful, the choreo is feminine as hell and really sensual & hot. I like it a lot, it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling. But the song itself is kinda meh, nothing special, rather miss than hit in my opinion. It's also a song like 1000 others.

• Like 1

@Dhakra ok.. some people enjoy clear production it gives them satisfaction into their ears.. I understand you.. people like me curious about how the singers put emotions into the song and how they communicate the song lyrics to fan like me. if it's sad I want to feel it or if it's happy I want to feel it too. that is why I always enjoy live version (I am talking about singer not entertainer we both know the diffenrences when singer doing live and entertainer doing live) specially song like 'secret love song' I enjoy the emotions more than clear production from studio. I love it when perrie sings the part "why can't you hold me in the street sya la la la la.. " it is not just about high notes it's about the pain in that lyrics. I can't enjoy it if it's studio version.. 

btw I like your girls. they are more singers than entertainers 

Edited by Sejabini
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sejabini said:

btw I like your girls. they are more singers than entertainers 

Thank you, but to be honest, they are kind of both, they are also famous for their complicated and sharp dances. But they are really all good singer, this video showcases it very well.

Spoiler

I also had the pleasure to see them live.

But if you want real earcandy 

@CamelKnightDavichi in your face! Until you start to like them!

• Like 1

Lol @Dhakra Scorpian is a great band..... they have good song.. i enjoy it..

-----------------------------------------------

So I was browsing a poppy song.. and this happen to pop up on my youtube suggestion...

It's been a long time since I heard this song...... Sigh .. and it still hits me hard..... T_T

There's a reason why I always had a hard time watching the original video for this song.... that's how powerful this song still is.....

Til it happens to you, you don't know how I feel
'Til it happens to you, you won't know, It won't be real

No, it won't be real... won't know how I feel

• Like 3

@Dhakra

Same here bud. It's a nice song, but not a winner. I like the concept, but the song doesn't offer much more tbh. Still, hopefully it'll be a hit with the Korean audience so they get another shot at stardom :)

Davichi... yeah, nice rendition of the Moana song, but if I was into English music, I'd listen to it more. Give me solid Korean examples and we'll talk.

You'll love this one. Not so much for the song, though it's not even bad, I quite like the sound of her voice. But for... well.. just take a look ;)

• Like 1

@CamelKnightWhat do you mean with "solid korean examples"? You mean regarding songs of Davichi? The go-to song? Oh boy, that will be hard. That's going to be hard, since I know you don't like ballads as much as I do and if I post you something slow you will come at me saying that you almost fell asleep. 

I honestly wanted to post the song aswell a few days back, since it was released at the same day as Laboum, but I pretty much dislike the song and do you know why? The song itself is kinda okayish, she has a nice voice, not overwhelmingly beautiful, but somewhat angelic. But my problem with the song is the following: The thumbnail pretty much already tells it tale, IT IS SO CHEAP. SHE is cheap in this MV. She looks like an easy girl, far too revealing and not sexy. She looks, sorry that I have to use this word, slutty. 

No question that she is beautiful, but the MV is purely for the reason that some way too old guys can drool while watching at her body. It really annoys and triggers me, why the heck does she need to run in a bikini over and over again? Why even bothing with a song when the whole purpose is being easy?

And that is, like I said multiple times, cheap and not sexy, and this alone is enough to destroy the song for me entirely.

So, Davichi, let's go two ways. My fav song of them and the one you probably will enjoy.

So here is the song you will enjoy hopefully, it is PRETTY old and from their early years:

(Isn't that the guy from Coffee Prince that  @2handsintertwined likes so much?)

And my favourite song: Queen of Ballads, that is what I call a exceptional voice.

• Like 2