Quantcast
Ngoc Chieu Nguyen

Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 | ♥ You'll always be loved ♥

Im afraid not. Im not too surprised though because she wasnt sighted when she arrived in SG. I think SG airports have their own VIP entrance/exit. or maybe kyo is ninja mode again. Adunno.

im starting to miss her

HOW TO GET SONG HYE KYO’S #GIRLBOSS BEAUTY LOOK IN “ENCOUNTER”

We turned to the hit K-drama series for potential new makeup and hair trends to try this year

22 FEB 2019 BY LETTY SEAH  

song_rec.jpg

Photo: tvN

We are all used to seeing Korean actress Song Hye Kyo in her long locks in “Descendants of the Sun” (DOTS) , but in her most recent series, "Encounter," she appears on it with a refreshing, short bob, which we think is a way you can refresh your look this year (or if you are looking for other inspirations, we have more here).

In "Encounter," Song Hye Kyo plays an accomplished hotel chief executive, Cha Soo-Hyun who meets and falls head over heels in love with a younger and free-spirited man, who is portrayed by Park Bogum. This drama marks Song Hye Kyo’s return to the small screen since hermarriage to DOTS co-star and dreamboat Song Joong Ki in 2017.

While wanderlust, chance and romance are conventional themes portrayed in K-dramas, “Encounter” excels particularly in making the ordinary extraordinary. This holds true even for the hair and makeup in the show. Read on to get inspiration from the show to update your beauty look.

Chin length bob with bangs

song_3.jpg

A sleek, blunt chin length bob can easily feel stiff, but Cha Soo-Hyun keeps the movement intact with wispy bangs that skim her eyebrows.

Smooth skin 

poreless.jpg

Here’s the good and bad news – you can’t make your pores disappear, but you can certainly make them look less noticeable with a good primer.

Primers not only make your skin more refined and smoother, they also help your foundation adhere better to your skin.

For large pores, it’s best to use primers that are formulated with silicone such as the POREfessional Face Primer from Benefit Cosmetics as these have a thicker consistency that work better to smoothen out pores, wrinkles, icepick scars and fine lines.

Korean-style soft eyeliner

f1318682400006940000.png

If you don’t have time to draw in your standard winged liner, this time-savingeyeliner look seen on Soo-Hyun is perfect for you...There’s not much in the way of equipment, either. The only makeup item you’ll need on hand is a creamy pencil liner.

Restraint is of the essence here. Follow your eye’s curvature and get as close to the lash line as possible with your eyeliner.

You want to rim the entire upper lash line and the outer third of your lower lash line.

Instead of creating a flick, stop lining at the farthest end of your natural lash line.

When you get to the tail end of your line, work backwards to the inner eye to thicken the line, gently sweeping your pencil nub in a windscreen wiping motion.

Glossy lips

glossy_lips_0.jpg

Photo: SBS

Didn’t we tell you that glossy lips was making a comeback? It was seen on stars like Lady Gaga at the Grammys and now on Song Hye Kye. 

Even if you don’t have a lot of makeup on, a slightly glossy lip just elevates your look and enhances the shape and size of your lips without looking overly done.

As a rule of thumb, choose a shade that enhances your natural lips, instead of washing them out. In the drama, Song Hye Kyo is often seen sporting a vibrant pink colour.

Natural brows

song_2_0.jpg

For that natural look, stick to a brow colour that’s a perfect match to the hair on your head.

If you need to fill in any sparse areas or clean up the shape, use an eyebrow pencil....source credit @https://www.herworld.com/beauty/tips/song-hye-kyo-encounter-new-drama-park-bogum

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@dukesa1122 it’s an excerpt from her book, she says that an actor should have some mystique so that the viewers can believe it when they portray different characters. This is the reason why she doesn’t believe an actor should reveal too much about their personal selves so that the viewer doesn’t just see “SHK” but the character.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

55 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

@dukesa1122 it’s an excerpt from her book, she says that an actor should have some mystique so that the viewers can believe it when they portray different characters. This is the reason why she doesn’t believe an actor should reveal too much about their personal selves so that the viewer doesn’t just see “SHK” but the character.  

Ah ok. I read that somewhere else. Thank you @ahdrianaa:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Dz8xtpEUwAAD0c0?format=jpg&name=900x900

Hi friends

This post is related to the Encounter drama that Kyo just completed .. pls click on the spoiler if you are a supporter of her Encounter drama.

Thks !

Spoiler

List of international drama fans who want to appeal for Encounter D-cut DVD/ Blu-ray 

As you may know, the production company Studio Dragon has decided not to produce a Dcut Dvd of the drama and the Korean Encounter drama fans are working hard to reach out to the production company by calling, faxing and emailing the various companies involved these last few days to appeal that decision.

Thepixies and I will try to collate a list of international drama fans who would like to help them in their cause. We will send the name list to the Korean side and hopefully that will give their fight for the dvd more weight and significance. We are in the midst of liasing with the Korean fans about our intention. 

Please pm me or @thepixies with your soompi handle / name and your country if you are keen for your name to be on the list . 

( adding your country is optional if you are uncomfortable .. but it would help to show the production company how widespread the love and influence Encounter has all over the world ) and it may translate into $$$ in their eyes .. and hopefully change their minds.. lol 

Please also ask your other friends who love encounter to join.. better if you can help collate a list and send it to us. 

We would like to  do what we can to help our Korean comrades so that the DVD will become a reality !! Please help to spread the message on social media/ other forums as well and send us your names or a  list of your friends'names ( they don't need to be from soompi )

Thanks for your support !!

• Thanks 4

REPOST ONLY: CREDIT @KOURIE1122

REPOST ONLY: YES HE IS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE HER SONG HYE KYO IS A GODDESS..CREDIT @KYO_KII_WIDE_FAN_CLUB

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Song Hye Kyo, the textbook of ... "Goddess of spring"...Enter the article 2019.02.23 at 6:06 pmLast modified 2019.02.23 at 6:07 pm...Choose a language to translateChanging the font 

View origina [Sports Chosun Nam Jae Won reporter] Actress Song Hye Kyo unveiled cover and picture of fashion magazine Elle March issue. 
On September 23, Song Hye - kyo posted a short phrase "Thank you" and several pictures in his instagram account. 
In the cover and the picture, Song Hye-kyo captivated her gaze with her graceful and lively appearance as the "goddess of spring". Song Hye Kyo showed a neat charm with a see-through style nude chiffon dress. 
Song Joong ki and Song Hye-gyo met in KBS2 drama 'Dawn of the Sun' and married in October, 2017. Song Hye-kyo received great love in the TVN drama 'Boyfriend', which lasted on January 24th, with his relationship with Park Sword. 
sjr@sportschosun.com
Source Credit @https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003382933

• Love 2

I dont know bout the pictures. Kyo is wearing the same top from the picture that was posted 3 days ago.

Question:

Elle Korea and Elle HK have 2 different magazines releasing this March right? Does that mean another set of pics from Kyo for ElleHK? 

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

I dont know bout the pictures. Kyo is wearing the same top from the picture that was posted 3 days ago.

Question:

Elle Korea and Elle HK have 2 different magazines releasing this March right? Does that mean another set of pics from Kyo for ElleHK? 

i dont think its Kyo, i think SJK 

8 minutes ago, gigivillaceran said:

i dont think its Kyo, i think SJK 

This is the first hint from ElleHK:

.... those are all co-stars of Kyo.

And in the latest picture Kyo posted, she included #ElleHongKong in her caption

• Like 3

Actress Song Hye-Kyo reveals her daily skincare regime at Sulwhasoo event in Singapore,                         22 February 2019, 1:41 pm GMT+8... 

Song Hye-Kyo at Sulwhasoo’s event 
Song Hye-Kyo at Sulwhasoo’s event 

Korean actress Song Hye-Kyo was here in Singapore on Thursday, 21 February, for the launch of Sulwhasoo’s new Bloomstay Vitalizing range.

During the press conference, Song was asked to share her daily must-use skincare products, which she emphasized on the importance of the brand’s First Care Activating Serum. The actress revealed that the particular product goes on really well with her skin type. 

However, Song also let on that she had recently switched up her routine due to an increase in filming workload. Opting to use the Bloomstay Vitalizing Serum at night before she sleeps, the actress asserted that the serum had helped rejuvenate her skin.

When asked for her secrets to keeping flawless skin, Song joked that she was no longer young, and hence, putting in extra effort in her daily skincare regime.

The secret?

A facial mask daily, and keeping a healthy exercise routine. 

Sulwhasoo
Sulwhasoo

While it is common to have bad skin days, it seemed to the public that Song is free from this. Well, we are not too far off from this assumption.

“I’d have to thank my mother for my good complexion,” the actress laughed after giving the question a thought.

Song added on that it is lucky for her that especially when she is busy at work, her skin does not act up. However, she divulged that during her downtimes from filming, there could be skincare issues as she can get lazy (like the rest of us!) when it comes to going through the whole regime.

Sulwhasoo’s Bloomstay Vitalizing range
Sulwhasoo’s Bloomstay Vitalizing range

Being the brand’s first-ever muse since 2018, the latest Bloomstay Vitalizing range holds a special place in Song’s heart. The plum blossom infused range is the actress’s first campaign with Sulwhasoo, and it is inline with her current skincare priority – anti-aging. 

“I’ve heard of a very good quote. When you take care of your skin in your 20s, you see the results in your 30s. When you do it in your 30s, you reap the rewards in your 40s. I’ve only known about this in my early 30s, and hence, I am doing my best to make sure my 40s shine.”

Song Hye-Kyo
Song Hye-Kyo
Song Hye-Kyo
Song Hye-Kyo
Song Hye-Kyo
Song Hye-Kyo....source credit @https://sg.news.yahoo.com/actress-song-hye-kyo-reveals-daily-skincare-regime-sulwhasoo-event-singapore-054135735.html

• Love 3

Kyolwhasoo interview in first outfit

Ctto

I dont understand a thing either but she’s so pretty, I dont care :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Translation

Kyo said while working it’s tougher to take a lot of skin, she does a daily face mask and since she is getting older she makes it a point to exercise very regularly, to get treatments and regular checkup with the dermatologist.

She thanked her mother because her mother has really good skin. *reason she laughed because it sounds like she was praising her own skin by admitting that*

she had heard the care that you take in your 20s will show in your 30s, the care you take in your 30s will result in good skin in your 40s. She therefore takes care of her skin with good products for her future years.

@dukesa1122

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3