Quantcast
Berou

Yoo Seung Ho 유승호 ユ・スンホ 俞 承 豪 [completed drama : Bok Soo's back / My Strange Hero]

Spoiler

Dye2wa_VsAAAxkg?format=jpg&name=small

Dye2xHSUUAE186A?format=jpg&name=medium

Cr : @Bony8108 (twitter)

• Like 1

On 1/21/2019 at 3:12 PM, Berou said:

Naver news link https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002874757

I am waiting for the english news. Let's hope soompi will cover this because this is big and shocking news for fans - but not shocking for me. YSH's agency is San ent and it is a one man agency who all this time managed him, since childhood. So this is a big step and it explains the deletion of the first IG account, yooseungho.san.official. It means for months, he has been planning to part away with his agency. Some fans will ask why. But the answer is simple : San ent has failed to give proper management to him and is the biggest reason why most of his recent projects are bad or didn't achieve success

Joseon Magician is a flop

Kim Sun Dal underperformed 

Remember had high ratings but was a sleeper drama, meaning that it didn't become a buzzworthy and popular drama

Ruler is a messy drama that was touted to be another Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, it gathered mild reaction, buzz and ratings. Everyone expected it to be a hit drama but it failed to meet expectations 

I am not a Robot was a flop, a real flop in Korea but achieved some popularity overseas despite a very thin plot and the fact that the writing milked YSH's melo acting skills to cover the plotholes and drag the drama. 

Since his military discharge YSH has been struggling, I predicted he would soon face a wall and need to make a choice : either to find an actors agency or continue to spiral down. He made his choice now. 

I already talked about the poor management of San ent some years ago and had lengthy discussions with other Yoopies here and privately. These past months I've been ranting about it endlessly and I almost lost hope on him. 

Some said to me he would never leave his agency because he has been working with the same people since childhood. It happened today :)

I will fully support his decision and I wish he will find a good home agency that suits him and takes care of him well. 

Wow. What l suspected. I wish him the very best. He has always shone in every project, no matter how it failed to live up to his talent. I never completely disliked any of his movies or dramas but always wanted  better vehicles for him. I understand that some breaks in life are difficult, but I hope that soon now Yoo Seung ho can work towards realizing his goal of being an actor who is recognized for a long lifetime of achievement. He is so much more than a pretty face; his talent is world-class. He deserves the best of everything! Good Luck to our young man!

Edited by Berou
  • Like 2

Cakes and gifts prepared by YSH korean fanclubs 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, debbiechan said:

Wow. What l suspected. I wish him the very best. He has always shone in every project, no matter how it failed to live up to his talent. I never completely disliked any of his movies or dramas but always wanted  better vehicles for him. I understand that some breaks in life are difficult, but I hope that soon now Yoo Seung ho can work towards realizing his goal of being an actor who is recognized for a long lifetime of achievement. He is so much more than a pretty face; his talent is world-class. He deserves the best of everything! Good Luck to our young man!

Yes most of his fans suspected it too. Isn't weird how he has worked with rookies/ new directors and writers since his army discharge ? If we take his latest drama my strange hero as an example, it is very weird how he chose it as his follow-up project. Someone of his caliber who is a veteran chooses to work with newcomers. Those type project usually cast rising or new actors.  I don't think he wants to be charitable and give a chance to new directors & writers to work with him. San ent couldn't give him proper support or didnt have enough connection to make him appear in better dramas and movies. 

Unfortunately his past two projects went for the pretty face and enhanced more his charms and cute side than his acting. I feel they are a step back to what he wants to achieve as an actor. I approve his decision to do comedy and romance, to challenge himself in  unfamiliar genres but they were not the right projects. The writer  of my strange hero  emphasized only his cuteness, I failed to see a layered acting or different sides of YSH. 

To the highlighted part : I agree 100 % with that part. His talent is truly world-class, it is going to a shame if he only stays in Korea and doesn't appear in foreign projects.

I can't wait to see which agency he will sign up with. Which one do you think he will go to ? 

• Like 2

5356083e85544ccbb0cdd9c0e88a39b8.jpeg?s=

“My Strange Hero” Cast Bids Farewell To Drama As It Nears Its End

Feb 4, 2019
by J. Lim

With SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “My Strange Hero” coming to an end, the cast shared their final thoughts for the drama.

“My Strange Hero” tells the story of Kang Bok Soo (Yoo Seung Ho), who is expelled from his high school on allegations of school violence and bullying, as he returns to the school nine years later to enact his revenge. However, his plans are cut short when he gets wrapped up in a different situation. The drama made its premiere on December 10 and is set to come to an end on February 4.

Yoo-Seung-Ho-Jo-Bo-Ah-Kwak-Dong-Yeon.jpg

Yoo Seung Ho shared his thoughts on the drama ending as he said, “The past four months have been such a happy and enjoyable time. This drama has allowed me to go back to my past as a student. And I had such a happy time filming with the cast, crew, and director on set.” He also added, “I also want to thank the viewers for loving this drama. Though it’s over, I hope the drama will stay in your hearts as a warm memory for a long time.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1301312wpp/my-strange-hero-cast-bids-farewell-to-drama-as-it-nears-its-end

• Like 1

IG update 

Translation : I'm going to have a picture of this as a celebration of the drama. Thank you very much for you broadcast until the end. It's revenge really well. Cr : phyooseungho

• Like 1

The movie blind  is going to get a japanese  remake !! :D

My strange hero  fan arts

• Like 1

I like that he is in an agency with a number of famous actors. This means they have the network for him to get good roles!

Yoo Seung Ho Signs With New Agency

Yoo Seung Ho Signs With New Agency

Feb 8, 2019
by E. Cha

Actor Yoo Seung Ho has officially joined a new agency!

On February 8, BS Company announced, “Yoo Seung Ho has signed an exclusive contract with our agency.”

A representative of the agency remarked, “We are delighted to be able to work together with the dependable Yoo Seung Ho, who has both acting talent and star quality. BS Company will offer Yoo Seung Ho our unreserved support so that he is able to greet the public through great productions that will more fully shine a light on his charms.”

The representative added, “We ask that you show a great deal of interest and anticipation for the future endeavors of Yoo Seung Ho, who will fly even higher than before.”

BS Company is currently home to a number of famous actors, including Kim Tae Hee, Seo In Guk, Han Chae Young, Lee Si Eon, and more.

Meanwhile, Yoo Seung Ho most recently starred in the SBS drama “My Strange Hero.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1302188wpp/yoo-seung-ho-signs-with-new-agency

• Like 3

@WoozyPrincess I don't know... 

I am quite disappointed actually. 

Yes Kim Tae Hee is famous, so is Seo In Guk.  I think they are only the two big names of that agency. But if you look up KTH filmography,  she has been in hiatus since 2015 :unsure:. She got married and became a mother, it's understandable. But  her marriage was in 2017 and she became pregnant shortly after. It worries me a bit. And Seo In Guk signed up in Aug 2017, so it's a little bit over a year. His only work under that agency is the smile that has left your eyes ( it's good drama btw)  but he is in hiatus since the completion of it.

Moreover, I would have preferred YSH to make a rational choice and going through everything  than simply following his bestie Kim Seo Kyung to his agency. He went to BS company because KSK is there. 

These are the reasons why I'm disappointed.  I had other agencies in mind like Namoo actors, c-jes entertainment, BH entertainment,  Artists company and Soop management. These are good agencies who have proven they can take care of actors with a household name and nurture their potential. 

We will see. I hope the best for him and wish him success, and let's fingers cross he stops choosing projects in which his talents are wasted.  

PS : I browsed youtube and tried to find the youtube channel of YSH's new company, I didn't find it ?! I guess the BS company doesn't own a Youtube channel. 

And I've noticed they aren't really active in instagram, they don't post much about the actors' updates.  The instagram account : https://instagram.com/bs.stagram?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=fspp8ng4kyff

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Berou said:

@WoozyPrincess I don't know... 

I am quite disappointed actually. 

Yes Kim Tae Hee is famous, so is Seo In Guk.  I think they are only the two big names of that agency. But if you look up KTH filmography,  she has been in hiatus since 2015 :unsure:. She got married and became a mother, it's understandable. But  her marriage was in 2017 and she became pregnant shortly after. It worries me a bit. And Seo In Guk signed up in Aug 2017, so it's a little bit over a year. His only work under that agency is the smile that has left your eyes ( it's good drama btw)  but he is in hiatus since the completion of it.

Moreover, I would have preferred YSH to make a rational choice and going through everything  than simply following his bestie Kim Seo Kyung to his agency. He went to BS company because KSK is there. 

These are the reasons why I'm disappointed.  I had other agencies in mind like Namoo actors, c-jes entertainment, BH entertainment,  Artists company and Soop management. These are good agencies who have proven they can take care of actors with a household name and nuture their potential. 

We will see. I hope the best for him and wish him success, and let's fingers cross he stops choosing projects in which his talents are wasted.  

PS : I browsed youtube and tried to find the youtube channel of YSH's new company, I didn't find it ?! I guess the BS company doesn't own a Youtube channel. 

And I've noticed they aren't really active in instagram, they don't post much about the actors' updates.  The instagram account : https://instagram.com/bs.stagram?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=fspp8ng4kyff

Oh dear... now I am disappointed.

I was swayed by Soompi writer since I dont know Korea scene that well. 

Likewise, I hope the best for him. It is sad that such a talented actor does not have the opportunity to shine.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

Oh dear... now I am disappointed.

I was swayed by Soompi writer since I dont know Korea scene that well. 

Likewise, I hope the best for him. It is sad that such a talented actor does not have the opportunity to shine.

Yes, let's see how things go on. At least BS company has an insta account and a website, San ent  didn't have. 

I guess I neglected the fact that YSH  is someone who follows his heart,  values relationships  and this particular feature in his character often clouds his career judgements.  He is probably the only korean artist I know that moved to another agency because of loyalty. Other artists look up the conditions of the contract, how they will be given support etc. 

His fans wanted to see him more and hoped  him to be more promoted by his new agency. I guess we won't get vlives and youtube videos. Once in a while his agency will post something about him in insta and on their website. When Seo In Guk filmed for the smile that has left your eyes, they didn't post a lot of pictures and behind the scenes of him in instagram. 

• Like 1

come share your love for yoo seung ho and all things soompi!

• Like 2

NEWS

Posted by beansss AKP STAFF  8 hours ago

Yoo Seung Ho signs exclusive contract with BS Company

20190208-yooseunghojpg.jpg

Actor Yoo Seung Ho has signed an exclusive contract under a new agency - BS Company!

A representative from BS Company told media outlets, "We are very happy to be working with Yoo Seung Ho, who has everything from acting talents to star quality. We will not withhold any support from Yoo Seung Ho so that he can continue to greet the public through good productions which will shine new light on him. We ask for your abundant support and anticipation for Yoo Seung Ho's future endeavors." 

Meanwhile, BS Company is home to Kim Tae Hee, Seo In Guk, Han Chae Young, Lee Si Un, and more. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/02/yoo-seung-ho-signs-exclusive-contract-with-bs-company

• Like 1

@sakura2016-ssi where art thou ? Our cutie pie has made his move and chose his new agency. What do you think ? :). Your presence is missed :(

Since fans like to find links and coincidences between actors. I also tried to "play this game" and tried to link YSH with one of his new co-workers. To my great delight I have found out the REAL reason why YSH chose BS company. His bestie is just an excuse and a shield !! :lol:  Guys, don't fall into his trap haha. He signed up with BS because his ideal type and his favourite actress is a talent under the same agency . It is none other than the great actress Kim Tae Hee, one of top three beauties of SK entertainment. He confessed in a past interview she was his ideal type.  He went moved to BS actually for her !! You sneaky YSH ! :lol:

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0001951074

Rough translation 

"Kim Tae-hee noona  is my ideal type."

85i77118_1.jpg?type=w430_q70

"Kim Tae-hee noona is my ideal type."
 Korean younger brother Yoo Seung-ho is drawing attention by revealing his ideal type.

Yoo Seung-ho, who appeared on SBS Live TV Entertainment broadcasted on the 7th, said "A cute girl is my ideal type," and said "I like actress Kim Tae-hee."

Born in 1993, Yoo Seung-ho showed a much more mature appearance with a new height of 171 centimeters.

When asked about Yoo's future dream, he said "I want to be an actor who people acknowledge with all my heart," demonstrating his desire for acting.

Meanwhile, "Do you see Seoul?" starring Yoo Seung-ho will be released on May 8 as a family movie about children in Seom Village who traveled to Seoul in the 1970s. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Berou said:

@sakura2016-ssi where art thou ? Our cutie pie has made his move and chose his new agency. What do you think ? :). Your presence is missed :(

Hi chingu, I'm here, I knew of YSH's joining a new agency and here I am!! :D I'm actually happy though I have my dissapointing side just like you as you said above...but I'll just hope for the best and we're to wait and see!!

4 minutes ago, Berou said:

Since fans like to find links and coincidences between actors. I also tried to "play this game" and tried to link YSH with one of his new co-workers. To my great delight I have found out the REAL reason why YSH chose BS company. His bestie is just an excuse and a shield !! :lol:  Guys, don't fall into his trap haha. He signed up with BS because his ideal type and his favourite actress is a talent under the same agency . It is none other than the great actress Kim Tae Hee, one of top three beauties of SK entertainment. He confessed in a past interview she was his ideal type.  He went moved to BS actually for her !! You sneaky YSH ! :lol:

https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0001951074

Rough translation 

"Kim Tae-hee noona  is my ideal type."

"Kim Tae-hee noona is my ideal type."
 Korean younger brother Yoo Seung-ho is drawing attention by revealing his ideal type.

Yoo Seung-ho, who appeared on SBS Live TV Entertainment broadcasted on the 7th, said "A cute girl is my ideal type," and said "I like actress Kim Tae-hee."

Born in 1993, Yoo Seung-ho showed a much more mature appearance with a new height of 171 centimeters.

When asked about Yoo's future dream, he said "I want to be an actor who people acknowledge with all my heart," demonstrating his desire for acting.

Meanwhile, "Do you see Seoul?" starring Yoo Seung-ho will be released on May 8 as a family movie about children in Seom Village who traveled to Seoul in the 1970s. 

OH MY!! THIS IS FATE!! :lol: we can now see why YSH chose BS, make sense!! :smirk:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

OH MY!! THIS IS FATE!! :lol: we can now see why YSH chose BS, make sense!! 

:joy: yeah it totally makes sense

I hope they will wok together in the future, maybe not necessarily as love interests.

I tried to find something positive  in the situation and laugh about it. I am glad it made you laugh too. 

I also like the agency's statement. Each sentence is important

We are delighted to be able to work together with the dependable Yoo Seung Ho, who has both acting talent and star quality. BS Company will offer Yoo Seung Ho our unreserved support so that he is able to greet the public through great productions that will more fully shine a light on his charms.We ask that you show a great deal of interest and anticipation for the future endeavors of Yoo Seung Ho, who will fly even higher than before.”

The words " work together" has its importance. It shows they want to become partners with YSH. A partner is someone with whom you are involved closely in a relationship ( for business or private matters). Partners are equals, they join hands in order to accomplish something together. 

They aknowledged  the acting and the star power of YSH. They know he is star and is amazingly talented. 

They praised him for being a dependable actor.  "The dependable Yoo Seung Ho" . It is a compliment from BS who sees him as a trust-worthy actor, an actor they can lean on to make the company bigger than it is now. 

They said then they will give their UNRESERVED support. The adjective is important, it highlitghts their will of doing their best to manage his career. They will work hard to get him great productions.

Finally they asked the public to show interests in his future projects that will make him fly even higher. This is a bold statement because they are confident YSH will become successful under them . This is also a promise to his fans, they promised to his fans to make him reach new heights as they expect it. 

It is interesting to analyze their statement bits by bits. It shows they know YSH has big potential and they are genuinely interested into helping him as much as they can. 

Yoo Seung-ho signs to BS Company

Feb 09,2019

Actor Yoo Seung-ho signed an exclusive contract with BS Company, home to actors Kim Tae-hee, Han Chae-young and Seo In-guk. 

“We are happy to work together with Yoo, a popular and talented actor,” the agency announced Friday. “We will provide him with unconditional support so that he can appear in better projects.” 

Yoo debuted in 2000 in MBC’s drama “Stickleback” and gained fame for his role in the film “The Way Home” (2002). He then starred in a series of popular dramas including MBC’s “Queen Seondeok” (2009), KBS2’s “Master of Study” (2010) and MBC’s “Gunju” (2017). He recently starred in SBS’s “My Strange Hero” along with actor Cho Bo-ah. 

Yoo Seung Ho 'joins family' of Kim Tae Hee and Seo In Guk

The pure, nice smile that once "stirred up" Korea has become a "trademark" that melts women's hearts nowadays.

DT1HGKjU0AA-Cg-.jpg?type=e1920

On February 8, BS Company announced, "The company has signed an exclusive contract with Yoo Seung Ho". BS Company is currently the home of actors such as Kim Tae Hee, Seo In Guk, Han Chae Young, Lee Si Eon, etc.

After debuting as a kid actor in the TV series "Stickleback" in 2000, Yoo Seung Ho left a strong impression in the public's heart through the drama "The Way Home" - the work that caused "boiled chicken syndrome" all over Korea in 2002. The actor has quickly captured the audience's hearts with his unconventional acting ability and lovely charm.

After that, Yoo Seung Ho promoted the real value of an actor when actively participating in many works of diverse genres, from historical to modern, from romantic comedy to other genres, including TV dramas such as "Story Of The First King's Four Gods", "The Great Queen Seondeok", "God Of Study", "Flames Of Desire", "Warrior Baek Dong Soo", "The Emperor: Owner Of The Mask", "I'm Not A Robot", etc. and movies such as "Heart Is", "4th Period Mystery", "Blind", "The Magician", "Seondal: The Man Who Sells The River", etc.

In particular, Yoo Seung Ho's emotional and sophisticated acting that makes the audience fluttered not only increases the depth of the work but also expresses his outstanding maturity as an actor to the point that everyone looks forward to his next work. The pure, nice smile that once "stirred up" Korea has become a "trademark" that melts women's hearts nowadays. Yoo Seung Ho is being recognized as an excellent actor who possesses everything from masculine beauty, acting skills to star quality.

Accordingly, Yoo Seung Ho - the actor who has constantly accumulated acting experiences through works on a regular basis - is expected to have more successful activities with the management agency BS Company.

The representative of BS Company said, "We are very happy and confident when working with a star who possesses both acting ability and star quality like Yoo Seung Ho. BS Company will not hesitate to support the actor so that he can meet the public through good works and further highlight his charisma. I hope everyone will pay a lot of attention and expectations to new plans in the developing process of Yoo Seung Ho".

After the Mon-Tue drama "My Strange Hero" (SBS) ends, Yoo Seung Ho is expected to take the time to rest and relax and then he will consider participating in the next work.

https://channels.vlive.tv/EBF267/vtoday/0.10088881

YSH2.jpg?zoom=2.625&resize=412,250&ssl=1

ACTOR YOO SEUNG HO HAS SIGNED AN EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT WITH BS COMPANY.

On February 8, a representative from BS Company said that Yoo Seung Ho will continue to be active even after joining BS Company, which also manages actors Kim Tae Hee, Seo In Guk, Han Chae Young  and more artist.

Cm1x7qcVMAAyODh.jpg?w=699&ssl=1

(Magazine M)

CHAMELEON ACTOR

Yoo Seung Ho, who made his debut as a child actor in the 2002 movie The Way Home, became known for his intense acting. He showed unconventional acting power and lovely charm at a young age and caught the viewers’ attention.

Since then, Yoo has starred in a string of successful movies and television dramas. His most popular works include Ruler: Master of the Mask, Remember, I Miss You, I’m Not a Robot and the recently concluded My Strange Hero (SBS).

Praised for his growth as an actor, Yoo has an uncanny ability to act in several genres. The actor, who can easily add depth to his roles, has been proving his talent through the years.

His delicate emotional performance resonates to the heart of the viewer adding excitement for his projects. Yoo’s innocent smile has charmed the whole country and has become his trademark.  The public recognizes him as one of the best actors of his generation.

Steadily building up his reputation as an actor through  impressive works of art, Yoo Seung Ho plans to do more active activities with the BS Company.

YSH3.jpg?w=700&ssl=1

The representative of BS company said,”We are glad to be with Yoo Seung Ho. We believe he has both the acting ability and the star power. We are very happy and reassured.” They added,”The BS Company will provide generous support for Yoo. He will meet the public through excellent works that can further illuminate his merits.” He concluded by asking the fans to continue their interest and support for the actor. He promises that Yoo Seung Ho will be flying further with BS Company.

Yoo Seung Ho, who just concluded the highly successful My Strange Hero, will begin reviewing his next move with BS Company after a short hiatus.

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/yoo-seung-ho-exclusive-contract-bs-company