Hyun Bin 현빈 [Movies: “The Point Men”, “Confidential Assignment 2” | Upcoming: Movie “Harbin”]

Helena

Guest Jimin12

@ariel6

For the men Lee Byung Hun came first with 14 votes, then Hyun Bin with 12 votes, Rain with 11 votes (comments for him are rather negative compared to what Hyun Bin got) & Jang Geun Seuk with 5 votes. Among the list, Hyun Bin is the one who got the nicest feedbacks and probably the one who has the most chance to bounce back soon according to professionals. Unlike actors like Lee Byung Hun & Jang Geun Suk who were both involved in scandals and have to deal with the strong opposition of netizens, Hyun Bin is still really well-loved. And unlike some actresses named like Goo Hye Sun, his acting is absolutely not a problem. Like they said, it's just temporary and because of one little failure. They think he'll recover as soon as he meets a solid work. The article is really positive despite Hyun Bin coming at the 2nd place.

Here's the article.

Guest ariel6

@Jimin12  wow, thanks for the fast response to my post!!! really appreciate it!  :x  and it's good to hear that binnie is still loved by the public. let's just hope his future projects do well!  [-O<

Guest Jimin12

No problem @ariel6 !

Really excited to hear what he'll do next! I put my bet on a movie. I know he's not afraid to take indies movies or give their chance to new directors (King's Wrath was the screens debut of Director Lee Jae Kyu) (this is also explains why he wasn't afraid to pick HaJiNa over Kill Me Heal Me. Many people wondered why Hyun Bin would pick a new writer instead of a famous one, but he's like that. He likes to take risks and give their chance to people), but how I wish he'll pick a movie with a famous (and by famous I mean 'competent', someone from who he'll learn a lot) director next. One can dream but someone like Bong Joon Ho would be AWESOME (that being said, his next movie will be a female centric movie, so I doubt so). But so many directors I want him to work with. Another collab with Kim Tae Yong would be great too since Hyun Bin is still close with him and his beautiful wife Tang Wei. The director of the acclaimed and big hit Roaring Currents is also planning his next movie (which sounds really interesting) and the casting will start soon (shooting will start in the second half of this year - the timing could be good for HB)! Probably too early to hear anything from Hyun Bin now (not sure if he'll pick something this year), but I'm keeping an eye on all the possibilities. :)

And my own personal crazy wish but I know it's totally impossible since Hyun Bin won't do another drama this year, the PD of My Name is Kim Sam Soon will comeback with a new drama (which will be totally pre-produced!) and will work with a really good writer (Two Weeks, 49 Days, Brilliant Legacy, My Daughter Seo Young, etc). This would be a great reunion.

I just want to share some must see fan-cam videos of Hyun Bin..This is for those who haven't seen this fan-cam videos..Hyun Bin looks cool and handsome in these videos..
[Fan-cam]FATAL ENCOUNTER PROMOTION

[Fan-cam] BTS: KBS Entertainment: GUERILLA DATE with Hyun Bin

For those who haven't watched this video..Hyun Bin already won so many awards yet that doesn't make him arrogant..He' really nice to his fans..His fan-service daebak!
class="yt watch-title-container" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: top; width: 610px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); word-wrap: break-word; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"[Official][현빈]140412 연예가 중계 게릴라 데이트 [Guerilla Date with hyun bin]

Now on its 3rd week without HaJina.. :-S and I haven't really moved on. I just make myself focus on other things.. But at times, I just re watched my favorite episodes or previous guesting or cfs or just about anything that our BinMin couple are into.

@Jimin12 thanks for the article. Hyunbin places 2nd.. I think all along netizens /fans have been really looking forward on his comeback since he's been in hiatus for 4 years. It's just that HaJina to some is not the right project for Hyunbin for his comeback. I also think Binnie is not regretting his choice.. For one, I read /watch him said that his dual personality is what drowned him to do HaJina instead of KMHM..

@ilwoo_aein thanks for clarification re the photo I've posted.. Much appreciated. Aww.. That pic collage collection.. The many faces of Binnie.. Never tiring to look at. :) and the fan cams! I wonder what it feels like to be hugged by him! :\"> he is one actor that loves hugging..

@ariel6 nice seeing u here too! :)

I guess most of here are still on the withdrawal stage syndrome. Same like you.. I'm not really into the story line of worlds within too.. Pardon me for saying just because Binnie is there that I watch it. And I shipped them before him and his ex. But since they broke up because of his enlistment in the military for me personally I really felt bad then.. for some reason I'm not happy about it. But thank God Jimin came along! :)

Hoping something good will happened. :)

Sharing Bullsone CF..

Cr uploader

class="headline"#5QuestionsWith Hyun Bin: Returns to TV with 'Hyde, Jekyll, Me'

Too much: In Hyde, Jekyll, Me, Hyun Bin struggles to keep his split personality disorder in check. Photos: One HD

Published: Thursday April 9, 2015 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Thursday April 9, 2015 MYT 7:41:24 AM

class="headline" #5QuestionsWith Hyun Bin: Returns to TV with 'Hyde, Jekyll, Me'

by chester chin

btn_facebook.png
btn_twitter.png
btn_googlePlus.png
btn_linkedin.png
btn_email.png

Too much: In Hyde, Jekyll, Me, Hyun Bin struggles to keep his split personality disorder in check. Photos: One HD In Hyde Jekyll, Me, Hyun Bin's character struggles to keep his split personality disorder in check.

Second time’s the charm for the South Korean actor who plays a dual-role character in his TV comeback.

Three years is a long time for an actor to be away from the limelight. But when you’re someone as charismatic as Hyun Bin, that period of absence could feel like an eternity for ardent fans.

The tall leading man (he stands at 1.84m) captivated audiences when he played a snobbish and eccentric chaebol who fell in love with a stuntwoman in the small screen hallyu fantastical romantic-comedy juggernaut that is Secret Garden, in 2010.

After that, the Seoul native had his sights set on feature films – appearing in Late Autumn and Come Rain, Come Shine. The latter – an English-language co-production between South Korea, Hong Kong, China and the United States – became one of the highest-grossing Korean films in China.

At the height of his star power, Hyun Bin boldly took a break from showbiz in early 2011 when he served his 21-month compulsory military service in the Republic of Korea Marine Corps, which is considered to be the toughest service branch.

While some stars received flak for their half-hearted military service, the Chung-Ang University theatre graduate was honoured with a citation for being an exemplary soldier when he was discharged in late 2012.

Since then, the 32-year old has been shooting commercials and appeared in his first ever period film (The Fatal Encounter). Now, he wants to enthrall television viewers once more with Hyde, Jekyll, Me, which airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 8.55pm on ONE HD (Astro B.yond Ch 393).

In an interview transcript provided by ONE HD, the man talked about his small screen comeback and his experience playing a character with split personalities among other things.

tumblr_leocd6GrfF1qeew1po1_400.gif

What do you want to achieve through this new drama?

It has been a long time since I last greeted my fans through television since my return from the military service.

I received the script for Hyde midway through the filming of The Fatal Encounter and I decided to make this TV comeback with a light-hearted and cheery drama that anyone would find it easy to watch.

This is not your first time playing a chaebol character (son of a wealthy man), is this why you picked this role as your TV screen comeback?

I didn’t pick the role because the character is a chaebol. I chose it because I thought the concept of a man with a dual-personality and a woman who loves a man with a dual-personality was interesting.

I want to present a completely different Hyun Bin to the audience and intend to act on a role of an ambivert with split personality.

How is the challenge of playing someone with multiple personality disorder on Hyde, Jekyll, Me, compared to playing a man and woman in Secret Garden?

Acting as a woman in Secret Garden was hard (laughs). Shall I say it made me cringe?

But I must say that it was way easier to act in Secret Garden compared to Hyde. I had someone that I could study. There was Ha Ji-won (the female lead in Secret Garden) for me to watch and observe.

So there is a difference in that I don’t have anyone to mimic and have to express two personalities through imagination. My character in Hyde requires a lot of imagination.

How special is this series to you?

I am attached to all of my projects but I really liked this series because it’s been way too long since my last TV gig.

You have an impressive physique while shooting The Fatal Encounter. Did you have to keep fit for this new role?

I asked (the Hyde, Jekyll, Me director) what kind of body they wanted for this role. They said they didn’t want the muscles that were shown in The Fatal Encounter, so I gained some weight!

source : TheStarOnline

New pic of Hyun Bin for Tong Yang Magic and Samsung Life Balance :)

CBrTctnUsAIfJm8.jpg

CCDNbTLWEAAaKy0.jpg
@annamchoi you're welcome. I was just trying to help to avoid any confusion :D Because of HAJINA i love Hyun Bin more. I even dreamed about him again last night hahaha..It's the 3rd time he appeared in my dream..The power of Binnie LOL About thehugs..Binnie..I found that he's really a nice actor..He didn't mind to hug his fans..Yes you can say that he's one actor that loves hugging :D Always smiling and waving his hands to his fans..He reminds me of Jung Ilwoo who's also nice to his fans..I'm glad that i am one of Hyun Bin's fans :D

I just found another fan-cam of Hyun Bin while he was doing guerilla date interview..What i like about this fan-cam is despite the large crowd following him, Hyun Bin still managed to shake hands with his fans..He's always smiling..Didn't get annoyed with the crowd..He's really such a nice actor..This man is down to earth..I'm proud to be his fan..  class="yt watch-title-container" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; display: table-cell; vertical-align: top; width: 610px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); word-wrap: break-word; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"[FANCAM] 140409 게릴라데이트 오프닝_엔딩 현빈 (hyun bin)

Hi! I was doing a little bit of translation for the BinMin thread, and since it's from HB's interview I thought I'd post it here too. This is an extract from the May 2014 issue of W Korea. 
OzKOCFW.jpg

For Hyun Bin the actor, what is the most important?
HB: Even though it is the most difficult thing, I'd still like to speak the truth in front of the camera. To reach people's hearts through the camera and through the screen, one cannot lie.
You enlisted into the military at the start of your 30's. Is it that you have come to familiar terms with your age after being discharged? What is life in your 30's like?HB: Actually, I've felt it while I was in the army. I've chatted with my sunbae about the 2002 World Cup, but at that time they were elementary students, and I was already second year in university, so at the end the conversation ended coldly. Before, as an actor, I've always wanted to grow quicker; that way, I can gain experience and deepen my acting abilities. In my 20's I kept wanting to reach 30's sooner, but now I've started thinking about my early 40's.
You're still in your early 30's, aren't you too impatient?HB: I'd like to know what kind of changes I'll go through. Compared to how I throw myself into work during the period of 20's to 30's, there will be more changes in the next ten years. Maybe I'll build a family and have children. Times are changing rapidly; maybe Korean actors will enjoy international fame quicker. I really want to know what it'll be like in my 40's, and how it will impact my life. Right now, it seems good to be older.
Do you want to establish a family soon?HB: I do have this kind of thought. No matter how I see it, this will be my goal at the end. My acting, earning money for a living, all of these things that I do right now is for when I build a family later. I don't know, but since I've always lived in a harmonious family, I'll also like to build this kind of family.
Compared to those of your same age, you seem to desire a family more. The age for getting married keeps on being delayed now, and there are lots of stubborn singles.HB: But the people around me are married, and many friends have already had children. Of course, I envy those who live alone freely and enjoyably, but when I see children I still feel envious, and I'd think if this particular friend will or will not have grandchildren later on. After some time, if we meet again, will their children have all grown up and started enjoying their own lives? I'm left behind compared to them all. (laugh)
More pics below!

0e1qFUN.jpg
ohkWQ8c.jpg
gTqacGd.jpg
FZUG5eJ.jpg
WBpNA7k.jpg

More pics of Hyun Bin for Tong Yang Magic :)

CCiFBJ-UwAA_k6y.jpg
CCiFBb3UAAE460Y.jpg
CCiFBV4UgAE1j1T.jpg
CCiFBm2UkAEBDdh.jpg

@fuyukimi thanks for sharing the translation here. Hyun Bin is in age to get married. I'm sure Hyun Bin will be a good husband for his wife and good father for his children. He's a nice person. I wish him all the best for his career and life.

@supawadee_pa_5389 you're welcome. ^^