[Movie 2015] Revivre 화장

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

CB_NfgIUAAAQkwg.jpg

Movie : RevivreRomanization | Hangul : Hwajang | 화장Director: Im Kwon TaekGenre : DramaCrank in : Jan 01, 2014Crank up : Mar 08, 2014 Writer: Song Yoon Hee
Producer: Lee Eun, Shim Jae MyungCinematographer: Kim Hyung-KooWorld Premiere: Aug. 27-Sept. 6, 2014 (Venice Film Festival)Release Date: April 9, 2015Runtime: 94minProduction: Myung FilmsDistributor: Little Big Pictures

SYPNOPSIS : "Revivre" is about a middle aged man who is stuck between his dying wife and a younger woman he loves. It is based on a novel written by Kim Hoon which is also the Grand Prize winner of the 28th Top Literature Awards.

CAST : Ahn Sung Ki as Mr. OhKim Gyu Ri as Choo Eun JooKim Ho Jung as Jin Kyung (wife)Kim Young Hoon asKim Byung Choon asPark Jung Sik asJeon Hye Jin as Oh Mi Yeong (daughter)Yeon Woo Jin as Kim Min Soo (son-in-law, special appearance)Yeo Min Jeong asPark Jeong Sik as Deputy KimEe Seong Ook as ResidentKim Seon Ha as Marketing team female employee 3Kim Yeon Soo as Thumb manageress

TRAILER

FILM FESTIVALS2014 (71st) Venice Film Festival - Aug. 27-Sept. 6, 2014 - Out of Competition *World Premiere2014 (39th) Toronto International Film Festival - September 4-14, 2014 - Masters *North American Premiere2014 (33rd) Vancouver International Film Festival - Sept. 25-Oct. 10, 2014 - Dragons and Tigers2014 (19th) Busan International Film Festival] - Oct. 2-11, 2014 - Gala Presentation2014 (34th) Hawaii International Film Festival - Oct. 30-Nov. 9, 2014 - Spotlight on Korea *U.S. Premiere2014 (25th) Singapore International Film Festival - Dec. 4-14, 2014 - Tribute to Im Kwon-Taek

REMINDER AND PLEASE READ!Soompi code of conduct | k-drama & movies forum rulesDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported to the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or SoompiTV) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Guest adikkeluangman

Busan: Korean Director Im Kwon-taek Embarks on His 102nd Film
Veteran filmmaker Im Kwon-taek will be adapting the Kim Hoon novel Hwajang (working title) as his 102nd film.
“I’ve always been a huge fan of Kim Hoon, and it’s going to be a challenge to translate the power and dynamism of his words into an audiovisual medium. It will involve different storytelling techniques from my previous work,” Im announced at press event on Friday in Busan. “I’m going to have to find my own voice while exploring Kim’s artistic intentions.”
Hwajang, a homonym that in Korean means both “cremation” and “makeup,” is about a middle-aged man caring for his dying wife while fantasizing about a younger woman. “My book is really about things that are unsaid and not directly shown, and I am curious to see how Im will portray this onscreen,” said Kim.
im_1296.jpg

The project reunites Im with veteran actor Ahn Sung-ki for their seventh collaboration. “The director has always dealt with aspects of Korean culture to examine the human condition, and the upcoming film will probably focus more on the latter like the book. I have a feeling it’s going to be a very difficult role to tackle as an actor,” said Ahn.
“The master filmmaker will join hands with a great actor to adapt an honored novelist’s work -- this project is bound to be masterpiece,” said the festival’s founder/honorary director Kim Dong-ho.
The Myung Films production will go into production in December. Meanwhile, 10 other book-turned-film projects are seeking financial partners at the Asian Film Market on Oct. 8 and 9.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/busan-korean-director-im-kwon-642977
-----South Korean Star Filmmakers Make 2014 Toronto Film Fest Lineup
SEOUL — Im Kwon-taek's Revivre (a.k.a. Hwajang) and Hong Sang-soo's Hill of Freedom will be presented at the 39th Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), following their premieres at the Venice Film Festival. Also invited to the Canadian event is Haemoo, an ambitious new film produced by South Korean star filmmaker Bong Joon Ho.
Both Revivre and Hill of Freedom will be shown in TIFF's Masters section, which presents a dozen works by esteemed filmmakers from around the world. The 78-year-old Im has previously presented two works, Low Life and Beyond the Years, in the section.
"Im Kwon-taek's body of work is impressive and his 102nd film, [Revivre] is simply great. His powerful, signature filmmaking accompanies a particularly innovative storytelling in a mature, gripping reflection about life, death and love. A groundbreaking masterpiece and a must-see," said TIFF programmer Giovanna Fulvi.
Based on a local novel Hwajang, Revivre is about a middle-aged man who falls for a younger co-worker while looking after his cancer-stricken wife. It will make its world premiere through a gala presentation at Venice next month.
Hong's Hill of Freedom will mark the minimalist filmmaker's eighth work to be presented at TIFF.
"A comedy of miscommunication and thwarted desire, so knowing about human nature, Hill of Freedom wears the pensive lightness of master Hong Sang-soo's classics. Witty, delightful and original, the film reads like an insightful anthropological study and provides a suspended time of sheer, intelligent entertainment," said Fulvi about the film.
Meanwhile, Haemoo will receive a gala presentation at Toronto. The maritime thriller is the feature debut by Shim Seong-bo, who is known for scripting Bong Joon Ho's Memories of Murder. Bong (Snowpiercer) produced the film.
"It's rare for an Asian film to receive a glitzy gala presentation, which is often reserved for star-studded Hollywood films," said Suh Young-joo of Finecut, which is handling international sales for Haemoo as well as Revivre and Hill of Freedom.
Suh has high expectations for the three films in terms of sales.
"We are anticipating the Toronto film market for sales to North American territories, and the exposure at Venice [for Revivre and Hill of Freedom] will certainly help."
In addition to Haemoo, Revivre and Hill of Freedom, one or two other Korean titles handled by Finecut are expected to be included in TIFF's lineup. Finecut announced earlier this year that Haemoo was pre-sold to multiple territories in Asia and Europe at Berlin and Cannes.
TIFF will be held Sept. 4-14 this year.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/south-korean-star-filmmakers-make-722201
-----BUSAN: ‘Revivre’ Actresses Brought to Tears
The atmosphere was somber at the Sunday press conference following the press screening of Im Kwon-taek’s “Revivre,” the Korean veteran director’s 102nd feature.
revivre.jpg?crop=0px%2C328px%2C3000px%2C

The film, first shown out of competition at this year’s Venice Film Festival, revolves around a middle-aged man torn between his dying wife and a secret passion for a much younger colleague. “Revivre” is the only Korean ​film to receive a Gala Presentation at BIFF this year, reflecting his venerated status in the Korean film scene.
Starring Ahn Sung-ki a regular in Im’s later films, “Revivre” also features fine acting by Kim Ho-jung as his cancer-ridden wife and Kim Qyu-ri who was in Im’s “Low Life” in 2004. The mood at the press conference turned emotional when Kim Ho-jung revealed that she suffered from a serious illness in real life, also prompting Kim Qyu-ri to burst into tears due to emotion.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/busan-revivre-actresses-brought-to-tears-1201321742/

Guest adikkeluangman

Singapore Q&A: Director Im Kwon-taek Refuses to Slow Down
After directing 100 films, it's as if South Korean helmer Im Kwon-taek decided to reset his prolific career back to zero. The 78-year-old's 101st film, Hanji, marked his digital film debut while his 102nd, Revivre, saw him take on the challenge of adapting a novel for the first time.
Based on the book Hwajang by Kim Hoon, Revivre is about an older man who becomes increasingly attracted to his younger co-worker while caring for his dying, cancer-stricken wife. Though Im voiced concern over doing justice to the original text, Revivre premiered at Venice and was invited to Toronto, Busan and Hawaii.
It is now showing at the Singapore International Film Festival, where the director is receiving the Honorary Award for his lifelong contribution to cinema. The Cannes Palme d'Or winner spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about stepping out of his comfort zone for the project.
im_1296.jpg

You have always said numbers don't matter, but how does it feel to have completed your 102nd film?
Having made over 100 films doesn't necessarily make you a better filmmaker. In fact, because you've done so many, you're faced with the dilemma, "What do I do next?" Every time I finish a project, I always feel as if I've barely made the cut, like I've barely done a pull-up on the monkey bar. I feel breathless.
This is your first time adapting a novel. It must have been a new challenge.
It certainly was. I've always been a fan of Kim Hoon and have kept up with almost all of his novels. I was very concerned whether I would be able to do justice to the original work, whether the power of the text would translate onscreen. But as an old director it was a very refreshing opportunity to break out of my shell.
Your films have been known for capturing the beauty of nature, but this one is set mostly in the hospital.
I've always pursued natural scenery, but this time shooting was limited to a hospital, funeral home and office space. It was also my first time working with cinematographer Kim Hyung-gu. I tried my best to focus on the character. I wanted portray the type of emotions and experiences that anyone can feel on a daily basis, including somewhat embarrassing and shameful sexual desires.
You have worked veteran actor Ahn Sung-ki numerous times. How was the teamwork this time?
He is an actor with enormous depth, and we didn't really need to discuss his character because he just knew it so well. Prolonged conversations are only necessary when actors don't understand the script. I am truly indebted to Ahn because he threw himself into the role and really surprised me, even though we've made six or seven films before.
This is your second digital piece. Are you getting used to it?
It's incredible. Before, we had to take the cost of the film into consideration, so there was a lot of pressure during shoots. In a way, it seems there is less focus on-set. But I have to embrace digital because there are no analog film projectors in Korea anymore.
What remains most important to you?
Honesty. You can't lie. A film directly mirrors the filmmaker's life experience, and you can't express more than what you've amassed over the years. You also can't fake sincerity. Artists need to have the confidence to face the creative process; sometimes you want to just run away. In the end, however, I stuck with filmmaking — not that I would have been talented enough to try anything else — because I simply love movies.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/singapore-q-a-director-im-738166

Guest adikkeluangman

Still and picture of director Im Kwon Taek, Ahn Sung Ki and Kim Gyu Ri.10468375_437230446419256_382444760407420

Official poster for Venice Film Festival and Toronto International Film Festival.BtwPQV0CIAARywn.jpg

Guest adikkeluangman

Here movie main cast and director during the VIP Premiere on April 7.30000471702_99_20150407080112.jpg?type=w
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=416&aid=0000145043L-R: Dir. Im Kwon Taek, Ahn Sung Ki, Kim Ho Jung, Kim Gyu Ri, Jeon Hye Jin, Yeon Woo Jin, this one I don't know.

Guest adikkeluangman

Director Kang Woo-Suk, Im Kwon Taek and Kim Tae Yong interview with Cine21.11_50_17__533240696a1d5[W578-].jpg

11_50_29__533240754cff1[W578-].jpg11_50_34__5332407a1567f[W578-].jpg

Also a still from this movie. There's Ahn Sung Ki and Yeon Woo Jin
16_48_54__533529669ab7b[W578-].jpg
http://www.cine21.com/news/view/mag_id/76209
Article from Naver Movie. About the crowdfunding and it's 8th collaboration between IKT and ASK.2006_20140414072139.jpg
movie_image.jpg?type=m665_443_2

movie_image.jpg?type=m665_443_2

http://movie.naver.com/movie/mzine/cstory.nhn?nid=2006&page=1

Guest adikkeluangman

First production conference with media way back in 2013.BV8qH9kCIAAtrYR.jpg
http://file2.webspread.co.kr/hwajang/02/02.html

Guest adikkeluangman

Ahn Sung Ki, Kim Kyu Ri and Kim Ho Jungimg_03.jpg
http://file2.webspread.co.kr/hwajang/03/03.html
----Movie Crank in 1 Jan 2014 and first still of Ahn Sung Ki and Kim Kyu Ri.img_03.jpg
http://file2.webspread.co.kr/hwajang/04/04.html

Guest adikkeluangman

This movie got several nomination for upcoming the 51st Baeksang Art Awards, with the ceremony scheduled for May 26th.
Best Film : RevivreBest Director : Im Kwon Taek – RevivreBest Actor : Ahn Sung Ki – RevivreBest Supporting Actress : Kim Ho Jung – Revivre
Interview with director Im Kwon Taek and Shim Jae Myung, the head of Myung Film, the production company30151941.jpg30151934.jpg

30151950.jpg

http://sunday.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=35203
English translation : http://www.hancinema.net/unlikely-duo-unite-for-dark-film-revivre--73437.html

• 5 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

The 51st Baeksang Arts Awards Announce Winners, Choi Min Sik and Nah Young Suk Win Grand Prizes

The 51st Baeksang Arts Awards, which celebrate excellency in both film and television, announced their winners on May 26. The grand award for film went to actor Choi Min Sik for his role in the highest-grossing Korean film of all time, “Roaring Currents,” while the grand award for television went to producer Nah Young Suk for his work on variety shows such as “Youth over Flowers” and “Three Meals a Day“. The full list of the winners of the night is as follows:

CF8HQNhUgAE_0v6.jpg

Movie Categories:

Grand Award – Choi Min Sik (“Roaring Currents”)
Best Film – ” Revivre”
Best Director – Kim Sung Hoon (“A Hard Day“)
Best Lead Actor – Lee Sun Kyun, Jo Jin Woong (“A Hard Day”)
Best Lead Actress – Yeom Jung Ah (“Cart“)
Best Supporting Actor – Yoo Hae Jin (“Pirates“)
Best Supporting Actress – Kim Ho Jung (“Revivre”)
Best New Actor – Park Yoo Chun (“Haemoo“)
Best New Actress – Chun Woo Hee (“Han Gongju“)
Best New Director – Jung Joo Ri (“A Girl at My Door“)
Best Screenplay – Kim Kyung Chan (“Cart”)
Male Popularity Award – Lee Min Ho (“Gangnam 1970“)
Female Popularity Award – Park Shin Hye (“The Royal Tailor“)

Kim Ho Jung winning speech

http://www.soompi.com/2015/05/26/the-51st-baeksang-arts-awards-announce-winners-choi-min-sik-and-nah-young-suk-win-grand-prizes/

• 10 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Chunsa Film Art Awards 2016 Nominees

The Awards is being held on the 5th at COEX. Chunsa Na Woon Gyu Film Festival is a nonprofit competition to pay tribute to the passion and fighting spirit of movies. The award consists of 10 categories including the Best Director, the Best Actor and the Best Actress.

CfP-DDTUUAE9zu_.jpg

Best Actor
"The Throne" - Yoo Ah-in
"The Tiger: An Old Hunter's Tale" - Choi Min-sik
"Right Now, Wrong Then" - Jeong Jae-yeong
"Inside Men" - Lee Byung-hun
"Revivre" - Ahn Seong-gi

Best Supporting Actress
"The Throne" - Jeon Hye-jin-II
"Minority Opinion" - Kim Ok-bin
"Revivre" - Kim Ho-jeong
"The Himalayas" - Ra Mi-ran
"The Silenced" - Eom Ji-won

http://www.hancinema.net/chunsa-film-art-awards-2016-nominees-93111.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

Archived