[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2014-2015] Noblesse Oblige 宦海奇官

sugarplum892

66323ee5jw1enev1f3jfnj21kw2db4qq.jpg

Details:Title:  宦海奇官  / Hun Hoi Kei Gung
English title: Noblesse Oblige
Genre: Comedy, PeriodEpisodes: 20Production Company: TVBProducer: Lee Tim Shing
Broadcast Date: December 29, 2014 - January 23, 2015Replacing: Lady Sour 醋娘子
Cast:Kenneth MaTavia YeungBenjamin YuenJoel ChanRam TseungCilla KungLau DanSusan TseYoyo ChenLee Shing CheungChing Hor WaiDolby KwanPoon Fong FongCeline MaKoo Koon ChungHenry LoSo Yan ChiNathan NgaiLily LeungQuinn HoAlan Tam
Synopsis:Nuns-to-be Tavia Yeung and Cilla Kung are desperate to find money to treat the head nun's illness. By coincidence, they meet the wealthy heir of a bank (Kenneth Ma) and are forced to become maids at his household to repay their debts. Tavia often has to save Kenneth from trouble with her superior martial arts skills. Although they disagree with each other, they still support each other during critical times and unconsciously develop a strong bond. With the help of a nobleman, Kenneth becomes a magistrate. His career goes smoothly with help from his brother Joel Chan, who is a governor, and good friend Benjamin Yuen. However, Kenneth soon discovers the corruption and abuse of power in the political world. People around him will act in perverse ways for the sake of personal gain. When he discovers the truth behind the massacre of Tavia's family when she was young, it gets them both thrown into jail...
Previews:

OSTs:Ronald Law and Grace Wong - Gossip 是非

Additional Links:Noblesse Oblige 宦海奇官 Facebook PageNoblesse Oblige 宦海奇官 Official Website

SOOMPI RULES OF CONDUCTDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama character/plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• 2 weeks later...

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Tavia Yeung plays tough warrior "Noblesse Oblige"Tavia Yeung plays tough warrior "Noblesse Oblige"

28 Dec – TVB actress Tavia Yeung revealed that playing the role of a female warrior in new series, "Noblesse Oblige", is one of the hardest action roles in her career.

As reported on Oriental Daily News, the actress, who plays mostly graceful characters in recent years, stated that her character Wai Lam in the series is both fun and hard to play.

"I haven't had such an action-packed role in the longest time. The character is fun to play, but I got injuries all over my body," the actress enthused.

In the series, Tavia's character is forced to become the personal bodyguard and servant of Kenneth Ma's spoiled rich boy character, Fung. Together, they solve various cases and clean the royal court from corrupted noble lords.

"In the series, Kenneth's character is a big man who has to rely on two women to protect him. Though he is spoiled, there is still a kindness in him," said Tavia about the characters.

Produced by Lee Tim Sing, "Noblesse Oblige" will be aired after the conclusion of Myolie Wu's "Lady Sour".

Source

Kenneth Ma Making Money from Countdown Show; Benjamin Yuen Running in the Morning of New Year's EveWednesday December 31, 2014 Hong KongCredits: hyn5 Kenneth Ma and Benjamin Yuen accepted an radio station interview to promote the new series "Noblesse Oblige". Benjamin expressed that the series premiered [last] night. There was a scene where he had to drink Kenneth's urine (which was actually cream), and he also had to film a water scene during the cold weather, which were extremely memorable to him. The two both highly praised the new series for having a fast pace, and also think that the method of calculating ratings nowadays is not considered very accurate because the mode in which viewers watch television has changed, as [they] may not necessarily watch series at a designated period of time. Thus, [they] think that using the old method of calculating lacks fairness. Regarding the night of New Year's Eve, they each have their own plans. Kenneth is making money from a countdown show. Benjamin has made plans with good friend Joel Chan to go running at seven in the morning; in the evening, he is having dinner with a group of friends to witness a good friend proposing to his girlfriend.

Tavia Yeung praises Louis Cheung

tavia%2Byeung%2Blouis%2Bcheung%2B.jpg
Artiste Tavia Yeung (楊怡) accepted a television interview and when asked about her feelings towards her collaboration with Kenneth Ma (馬國明) once again in new series her new Noblesse Oblige (宦海奇官), she smilingly said: "Kenneth manages to remain his natural, naive self. In addition, we also created new sparks in the series." She also revealed that in the series, she has a lot of action scenes, but she joked that her bones are strong enough to endure.  

Moreover, she is currently busy filming a new series with Louis Cheung (張繼聰) and when asked how does she feel about collaborating with Louis, who recently received TVB's most improved actor award, she greatly praised Louis: "He is a very considerate actor, not only will he think for himself, but he will also help other actors think of ways to allow them to act their best. He also elicits a lot of positive energy, he is a really good man!" Asked whether she has any big plans for 2015, she expressed that she wants to go on vacation with her family, and also save more money to buy properties.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: chaierie
http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com/

Source: Wacow @ Blog163 Translated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (12/29/2014 - 01/04/2014)
Dramas Officer Geomancer - 八卦神探 (EPS 10-14) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS)
Noblesse Oblige - 宦海奇官 (EPS 01-05) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS) 
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 672-676) - 22 PTS 
Tiger Cubs II - 飛虎II (EP 10 END) - 22 PTS (Peaking at 24 PTS) 
Variety Shows Festival a la Stars - 明星爱厨房 - 21 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 19 PTS 
Anchors with Passport - 這個聖誕不太冷 - 18 PTS (Peaking at 19 PTS) 
Yan Chai Charity Show 2015 - 慈善星輝仁濟夜 - 16 PTS (Peaking at 19 PTS)
Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 14 PTS
Chef Nic - 十二道鋒味 - 10 PTS
(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

Rumored getting married to Him Law in August, Tavia Yeung laughs

him%2Blaw%2Btavia%2Byeung%2Bmarrying.jpg
Yesterday, Tavia Yeung (楊怡) and Kenneth Ma (馬國明) promoted new series Noblesse Oblige (宦海奇官). It was rumored that Tavia and her boyfriend Him Law (羅仲謙) are getting married in August, Tavia laughingly denied: "August is the month of my birthday. Recently, I've received many congratulatory messages but not because I'm getting married. I don't understand why there would be such rumors. But this is a happy matter, unfortunately though everyone is thinking too much. They feel impatient for me, hoping that one day I will actually get married!" It was pointed out that Him might be in the midst of planning their wedding and even planned to propose during Tavia's birthday. Tavia greatly reacted and said "This is scandalous!" She believes rumors are for laughters only; her mother expressed calmness and didn't ask her about the authenticity of the rumor. In recent years, Him's popularity and income have greatly increased, so it was speculated that Tavia was worried that many women will approach him and therefore choosing to get married in order to secure him. She once again denied: "I only learned through the news that he's earning a lot. Many females approaching him represent that he is good with the opposite sex, I am actually too! I don't need to control his everything, I am confident about myself!"

Speaking of good brother Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) passionately kissing a woman at a nightclub, Kenneth believes that if Kevin was really dating, he would bring his other half out to dinner and introduce her to him; but currently nothing like such happened. Still single, Kenneth expressed that he doesn't dare to go with his good friend to nightclubs to  "hunt for woman". He explained: "I can't be like him, he is extremely popular, all the females would surround him. Unless he officially finds a girlfriend, I hope that he can introduce me to other females he know."

Source: Ming Pao (HK)
Translated by: chaierie @ Asian E-News Portal
http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com/

Source: Wacow @ Blog163 Translated by: Chloe.C @ http://asianuniverse.net 
TVB Ratings Report (01/05/2015 - 01/11/2015)
Dramas Noblesse Oblige - 宦海奇官 (EPS 06-09) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 29 PTS)
Officer Geomancer - 八卦神探 (EPS 15-19 END) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 29 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 677-681) - 23 PTS 
Variety Shows Festival a la Stars - 明星爱厨房 - 20 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 19 PTS 
Seoul Searching - 流行首爾 - 18 PTS
The Voice 4 - 超級巨聲4 - 14 PTS
Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 13 PTS
Chef Nic - 十二道鋒味 - 10 PTS
SPECIAL
Doraemon: Nobita's Secret Gadget Museum Movie - 多啦A梦大电影:大雄的秘密道具博物馆 - 14 PTS (Peaking at 19 PTS)*Shown in memory of Lam Po Chuen, Cantonese voice of Doraemon, R.I.P

TVB Ratings Report (01/12/2015 - 01/18/2015)
Dramas Noblesse Oblige - 宦海奇官 (EPS 10-14) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 29 PTS)
Madam Cutie On Duty - 師奶Madam (EPS 1-5) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 682-686) - 22 PTS 
Variety Shows Festival a la Stars - 明星爱厨房 - 19 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 19 PTS 
Seoul Searching - 流行首爾 - 18 PTS
The Voice 4 - 超級巨聲4 - 15 PTS
JSG Music Awards 2014 - 2014年度勁歌金曲頒獎典禮 - 14 PTS (Peaking at 17 PTS)
Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 13 PTS
Chef Nic - 十二道鋒味 - 12 PTS

• 2 weeks later...

TVB Ratings Report (01/19/2015 - 01/25/2015)
Dramas Noblesse Oblige - 宦海奇官 (EPS 15-19) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS)
Noblesse Oblige FINALE - 宦海奇官 結局篇 (EP 20 END) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS)
Madam Cutie On Duty - 師奶Madam (EPS 6-10) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 687-691) - 23 PTS 
Variety Shows So Hong Kong - 民峰而至 - 19 PTS
Festival a la Stars - 明星爱厨房 - 18 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS 
Miss Chinese International Pageant 2015 - 2015國際中華小姐競選 - 17 PTS (Peaking at 19 PTS)
Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 14 PTS
Chef Nic - 十二道鋒味 - 13 PTS

Archived