Jang Nara ♥ 장나라 ♥ チャンナラ| [Current Drama 2023/2024] My Happy Ending, 나의 해피엔드 - Sat & Sun @ 2110KST

gm4queen

class="entry-title single-title" style="margin: 5px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; font-family: Oswald, Arial, Verdana, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; font-size: 50px; line-height: 60px; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: center; background-image: url( section-header.png); background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 0px 50%; background-repeat: repeat-x;"“MR. BAEK” HITS THE GROUND RUNNING WITH A 14.2% RATING + EPISODE 2 PREVIEWfeat

I completely forgot about this drama and wasn’t planning to watch it (is it fair for a 30- year-old woman to unknowingly fall for a 70-year-old?) but I just learned that its premiere rating was 14.2%! Wowsa! For context, My Lovely Girl garnered 5% (and 3.9% for a second episode). Oh my!

The ratings in the past few months have been absolutely abysmal but things are looking up. Pride and Prejudice premiered at 11.2% and now we’ve got 14.2% which is high for premiere ratings in any period. Will the drama sustain it? What of when Pinocchio premieres next week? And The King’s Facethe week after?  Netizens have been complaining about the lack of shows to watch during the Wed-Thurs time slot and perhaps the tide is finally turning. I don’t know if the drama is any good but perhaps the famous Field Of Dreams quote applies? “If you build it, he will come” or in our case, “If you make a good drama, they will watch.”

The preview:

Haha, So basically, this guy is certifiable. I don’t know if I’ll watch it but congratulations to the producers! It improved 4% over the My Spring Days‘ finale rating of 10%.

http://couch-kimchi.com/2014/11/05/mr-baek-hits-the-ground-running-with-a-14-2-rating-episode-2-preview/

November 6, 2014
[Ratings Wed, 11.05.14] 'Mr. Back' Begins with Big Numbers
CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

The ratings drought of Wednesday and Thursday dramas has ended with the premiere of MBC′s Mr. Back. 
Viewers have been complaining over the lack of dramas to watch on Wednesdays and Thursdays with the current dramas not grabbing much interest. It seems that they′ve all been waiting for Mr. Back, starring Shin Ha Kyun, Jang Nara, Lee Joon, and more, as the ratings for the first episode was 14.2 percent, a rating that hasn′t been seen for the longest time for weekday dramas. 
Mr. Back began with light humor as it set down its story of a grumpy 70-year old rich man, his immature and irresponsible son, and a hard-working jobless girl with an attitude. Somewhere betwen an accident and a meteor shower, the 70-year old man magically becomes 30-years old, beginning the drama′s roller coaster ride of ups and downs. 
Meanwhile, SBS′ My Lovely Girl broadcasted back to back episodes, receiving 5.0 and 3.9 percent for its 14th and 15th episodes. It ends November 6. KBS′ Iron Man was cancelled due to the baseball playoffs.
57848491.jpg
Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Dramas
1. MBC Mr. Back 14.22. SBS My Lovely Girl Part 1 5.0 3. SBS My Lovely Girl Part 2 3.9KBS Iron Man Cancelled
Variety
1. MBC Radio Star 6.0
Photo Credit: MBC

rubie said:
November 6, 2014
[Ratings Wed, 11.05.14] 'Mr. Back' Begins with Big Numbers
CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

The ratings drought of Wednesday and Thursday dramas has ended with the premiere of MBC′s Mr. Back. 
Viewers have been complaining over the lack of dramas to watch on Wednesdays and Thursdays with the current dramas not grabbing much interest. It seems that they′ve all been waiting for Mr. Back, starring Shin Ha Kyun, Jang Nara, Lee Joon, and more, as the ratings for the first episode was 14.2 percent, a rating that hasn′t been seen for the longest time for weekday dramas. 
Mr. Back began with light humor as it set down its story of a grumpy 70-year old rich man, his immature and irresponsible son, and a hard-working jobless girl with an attitude. Somewhere betwen an accident and a meteor shower, the 70-year old man magically becomes 30-years old, beginning the drama′s roller coaster ride of ups and downs. 
Meanwhile, SBS′ My Lovely Girl broadcasted back to back episodes, receiving 5.0 and 3.9 percent for its 14th and 15th episodes. It ends November 6. KBS′ Iron Man was cancelled due to the baseball playoffs.
57848491.jpg
Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Dramas
1. MBC Mr. Back 14.22. SBS My Lovely Girl Part 1 5.0 3. SBS My Lovely Girl Part 2 3.9KBS Iron Man Cancelled
Variety
1. MBC Radio Star 6.0
Photo Credit: MBC

pinaycliza said:

I wasn’t planning on saying about this topic anymore but I can’t help myself. Sorry and @KyoRean inspired me. Ha ha!! I posted this here coz I might get Off Topic at FTLY thread which is understandable. I might get some here too, but I trust that people in this thread would understand. I’m HOME here!

@gumi

Insightful and phew!! What a read. I just wanna say this. Like you said we don’t know what others think so let’s not say that “many, many people will see that being attracted to someone beside your spouse is emotional cheating”Let them decide on that.and  I said attracted not IN LOVE .that’s way. way too different. . You can be attracted to someone and not be IN LOVE with that someone. For me that’s not emotional cheating NOW, if you’re in love with someone else. then it becomes emotional cheating for me. AGAIN, I didn't say he cheated emotionally or otherwise.

NO 2. Let’s not decide for others too what’s inappropriate and appropriate.I think, these actors are so used to“linkings” they’ll probably laugh it off ,

With this, I said ny last piece on this topic. BOW!! 

^:)^ ^:)^

Guest lowieblue_me

....hello again @Everyone ...wow! the ratings are awesome! but of course like you all Guys said, competition will begin next week and the next. Hopefully they will able to sustain the crowds! ..
..even i dont understand the language the first epi was so funny,, it is really a good start! .
..@bjharm I also agree with you about PSH & LDH ... but I do like PSH in Youre Beautiful, I just dont understand why these actress dont want to grow up and push their limits! enough of the same genre,,, if we remember when JNR started she wanted to do drama where she will not be typecasted as doing the same thing, I am glad she realized it early in her career, but these ladies, are always in their comfort zones.... too bad.. 

@skellig hi buddy long time no see!! :D  the ratings have officially sealed the deal JNR is for sure the " it girl "for MBC should we rejoice already yeah why not......i am not very sure of pinnochio but kings face is definitely going to give tough competition coz the teasers look interesting.
as far as PSH concerned big names no more ensure success!!  lie to me was epic example same writer(at least one of them) even with YEH and KJH it wasnt able to maintain ratingsanways i will like to raise a toast to our lovely JNR!! and to @everyone on this thread!!
@kyorean you should chillax coz you are doing amazing job with handling 2 threads simultaneously!!

Guest Lindahz

Don't worry @pinaycliza you're always welcome to say anything around here ^^ (I think whatever discussion is always good discussion so I value everyone's opinion) and @KyoRean you're doing a fantastic job! I can understand how hard it is to express yourself properly in English but your intentions are clear in this forum anyways :D
Let's lighten up the atmosphere! Okie dokes this is the next subbed video, as promised the Section TV Jang Nara interview ft BTS with FTYL Cast! This took strangely longer than I thought because Park Seul Gi has the fastest tongue in the world lol so timing took a little bit of manouvering. Now unfortunately @Caveman was a bit preoccupied at the moment and couldn't help out (that's cool, the three musksateers have created a temporary subunit lol) so I just decided to be content with what it is, especially since it's such a short interview. 
Now although it's short, it was surprisingly insightful within that small period of time so I'm glad we can add it to the collection of videos! 
tumblr_nem36qLugk1u2qpsao1_500.png

http://dai.ly/x29fha1
HUGE THANKS TO @anopinion again! :D 
Credits: Translator: @anopinion Spot translator, timer, editor, encoder: nug9 aka @Lindahz

Notes: Get your eyes ready cause Park Seul Gi (interviewer) speaks lightning fast and I had real difficulty trying to compromise between time and translations! Now unfortunately, we’re one person down so I didn’t have anyone to check if the actual Korean-English translations were entirely accurate. Nonetheless this was a small interview anyways so I decided it was okay enough. When watching, it’s best to be well acquainted with her drama Fated to Love You because “Daniel-ssi” is not actually his name but rather Choi Jin Hyuk’s character, so there are little things you should be aware of which I didn’t make notes at the top for. Also, SSoaB = Successful Story of a Bright Girl which was Jang Nara’s first television drama. 
Download: MF (mp4, 268mb) 
Enjoy and share!
Now to wait for english subs for Episode 1 of Mr Back... *rocks back and forth*

Guest Lindahz

pinaycliza said: l8tst photos from OG
http://mbcinfo.imbc.com/data/info/201411061509562_P.JPG http://mbcinfo.imbc.com/data/info/201411061509562_P.JPG http://mbcinfo.imbc.com/data/info/201411061509561_P.JPG

I think this is indeed the year of JNR. Such a nice journey to see JNR acting out on-screen throughout this year. By having three dramas (included the one act-drama, OG) in a year and playing out the main characters/roles, she truly deserves (at least) one kind of prominent awards. I really want to see her standing on the stage, handing a precious "cup" like a princess. Huhu~ I think I'm gonna cry tears of joy.