Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

Guest eniya

I hv translate his letters, but may do some editing later if i spotted some mistakes. For those who are new here or silent lurkers, pls note again.. my language is not great, in fact i am not good in both language, so definitely i might hv mis-translated some part of his letters. Overall, I think Mr Yoon sees things in a positive note, so we do not need to worry too much about him. It's really hardship but it is wat every soldiers need to go thru i guess. There is one more week to go before the graduation ceremony and they will be assign to different areas.
I will post the 3rd letter later  tonite.

Guest eniya

chinese translation : bunny_bonnie from Baidu YoonSiYoon Bar

english translation from chinese ( not 100% accurrate ) : eniya

kindly note: those in brackets are also from his written texts.

Yoon Si Yoon 's 2nd letter on the 4th week of his camp.

Week 4

Dear beloved "Yuan/fate" , "A Star" ,  "YoonSiYoon Bar" .

Finally, it's the 4th week.

Every day, right here is like a piece of painting that is refreshing/bright.

I did not know exactly what is happening in the world everyday ( couldn't believe that I am using this tone ). In the past, I have wasted time without knowing and now I have learn to treasure it. 

Because I was still young and wanted those freedom, and wanted to enjoy it leisurely. 

I do not smoke and do not really like chocolate, and also do not really like to go online/internet.

Because I just like rice with soup, that's why in comparison with the rest, I do not exactly feel out of touch with the rest of the world. 

Ah..but to lost touch with baseball......have no idea what is happening to the strong "Doosan bears"......

could not watch Doosan bears at 6:30, I feel like "AH......" right here is Marine Corp AH.

It's the only thing I feel really hard/bad.

Yesterday, there was a baseball fan who had receive letter and news about Doosan bears,

holding that letter in the changing room/washroom ( the only place to chat ) and together we chat about baseball to relieve the tiredness at the same time. 

Life is not easy here.

Even though, I have prepare myself for it, however it is more than I had expected. 

Those who are younger here in the same batch, are looking forward to the closing/graduation ceremony.

Waiting eagerly for the 3 weeks to quickly past by. Talk about that time, one will feel relieve....

However, I do not feel that way. Even when the 3 weeks has ended, there will be no change to the freedom or the same kind of pressure we will face ahead. 

Even if one could get the freedom, being a soldier should learn to reject it.

One should not wait for the circumstance to become better, and hence will feel happy/blessed.

It is in this situation/ circumstances, that a little happiness is being created/found and makes one become more determine.

This is my belief and it's my prayer topic and it is the main principle for me as a soldier. 

In the mist of tiredness, sharing dirty/silly jokes with the same batch of younger team mates.(do not misunderstand the meaning/tone here)

While sharing chocolates, the whole group of same team mates came rushing to it, 

When the Army song that was broadcast loudly, helps to relieve one's troubled thoughts.

Sneaking into changing room/washroom to read letters ( do not have the freedom to read ). The excitement to sneak into the changing room, is just like when you receive your beer and chicken from the delivery order, and the same excitement as to hear the sound of the doorbell ringing.

Even though it's hard, it's still working hard toward one's own happiness.

I will......I will find the happiness ( be blessed ) 

I also believe all of you will become happy/blessed.

- 1184 batch  trainee soldier Yoon Si Yoon.

@eniya thanks a lot! love you!
His letter is so moving, I always love how he find inspiration everywhere, even in hard situations, he's very positive and makes me love him even more!I believe it's even harder than he described, but he's well and learning so I feel happy! 
He doesn't really like chocolate? haha he's an unique person! ♥

Yoon Shi Yoon!

Let me tell you about a game I play,
Where I close my eyes and fade away,

I float away to a special place,
Beyond the stars and moon and space,

In this special place see you
There .......... :x :x :x 

Yoonie countdown calender for today 2014/06/09

10376339_398102363664495_416452193600695

@eniya, thanks so much; the letter sounds Kim Tak Guish! So manful, so reliable! Yoon Shi Yoonfocuses on what he has rather than on what he doesn't have; he experiences and exhibits gratitude for what he has; he is realistically optimistic; he accepts his present circumstances and he makes the best of it. he focuses on the best way to move forward and set goals to do so; he has the power to choose between faith or fear, despair or hope; he welcome any challenge which could make him better and more deserving person! Anyway I'm so happy that this physically fragile boy has such strong attitude and in real he is a firm, considerable, honorable and worthy MAN! 
Oh just he is my honourable but so melting heart KNIGHT! ;) :x :x :x
bk25_20.jpg

Guest eniya

chinese translation : bunny_bonnie from Baidu YoonSiYoon Bar

english translation from chinese ( not 100% accurrate ) : eniya

Yoon Si Yoon 's 3rd letter on the 5th week of his camp.

week 5

Dear beloved "Yuan/fate"   "YoonSiYoon Bar"   "A Star"

Going to be the 5th week soon. 

Physically and mentally feeling really tired, however at the same time, I feel that I am getting stronger too.

Right here, you will always feel tired no matter how long you sleep and you will always feel hungry no matter how much you eat, it's really a strange/weird unique place.

Yet, no matter how tired you are, you can forget about it within 3 minutes.

At this place, one can become dull/bored at the beginning.

It is a different place in comparison with the outside world.

You need to put aside your own ideas/thoughts and knowledge, will have to learn from scratch and become a habit. 

So, for those who are older/senior you can forget about the special privilege or treatment you might receive.

Right here, one needs to learn many things just like the youngest. 

Let's reveal my weight, lost about 4kg.

Going to start the Marine "hell training" week soon, might lose another 2kg at that time. 

The tummy that had grown a lot before enlisting it is now disappearing soon. 

During "Barefoot Friends", everyone had called me as the energizer who never gets tired.

However, at this place, even to chase after a kid would makes me feel very tired.

Today, there was a marathon, and I tried very hard. 

However among the 600 people, I was at the 450th position.

Next week, I will run really hard and tell you the result. 

Ah...going to gather in 5min!

Have to end for now!

@LavenderP haha you are not alone YSY OIF has been in my mind too; but as you said it's a lot of work, also someone has to understand Korean perfectly, so.... let's study hard!
Of course I can teach you how to join to daum cafe, I'll send you a message first. If someone else wants to try, let me know :D 
@eniya you are awesome! thanks again!
Oh no! his tummy!! 

special thanks to yoonies' team that keep this thread alive nd update.....@Jelve....yea MR YOON is a real chivalrous who try to be a reliable MAN as before he'd said like to be....@LavenderP...dont worry dear my reaction was not caz of my anger....but it was just caz of my care about him as a fan who has the right of knowing about him like his club fans too....ofc not about his private or personal matters.... now yoonies anxiety got lighter while noticing his strong attitude nd his persistent to fulfill what hes started as a reliable person.... :)

now AGAIN for refreshing  lets watch this interview with our lovely boy in the background scene of death bell2....omg he seems so admirable.... @-)

@rachel, Hi! for getting member in Yoonie's official fan club what we are supposed to do? The language just should be Korean?
@eniya, you're wonderful! Just very thanks to you for translating the letters of our love, Yoon Shi Yoon
@Maryam, Death Bell2 video is great; melting heart Yoonie just looks so maddening n dropping stomach! :x :x :x

@Jelve & @Yoonies Daum cafe is only written in Korean, so... we only can be silent lurkers there :D but at least we can see exclusive videos, pictures and everything else. Although it's not easy surfing when you don't know the language...
Jelve I'll send you a message :D

Hi Yoonies!

Oh it breaks my heart to read Yoonie's words. Thank you @eniya dear for your hard work at translating his letters!

Super-personal point of view inside of the spoiler:

I know it is his duty to his country and all, but this really cements my dislike for everything military... he writes he is in a dull state of mind, in which he has to forget who he is and pretty much offer his mind as a blank board for the orders to be written on it! (reminds me of Kafka's "In the Penal Colony"!)

I know SK has to be extra vigilant of the North, and it is in constant fear of attacks. I know that war is a reality. But oh boy. I am still so not into anything military. Perhaps because of the way it has affected my family history, but that's another issue.

Sorry Yoonies. Just a bit sad and worried for our Prince. :(

On another note, anyone can recommend me a site where to watch "Happy Noodle" with subtitles? I don't want to miss Yoonie's beautiful voice...! :x

@rachel and Yoonies, I would offer to translate some words to Korean, but the last time I tried (the letter, remember?) left me so drained that I don't know if I can do it again in a while...! Please forgive me... Korean is not my first (or even second) language, and I am still trying to make up for some time after an intense couple of months in RL...! Please forgive this tired ahjumma... :x

Sending hugs to all!!! Love >:D<

Guest chocolavie

@eniya, thanks for the translation for yoonie's messages, i had done translation before, and i know it's really tedious to translate word by word and also trying to convey the meaning over to the other language, u have done a good job ^^

reading yoonie's letters just brighten up my dull Tuesday, and i am sure  as he promised in the letter to us, he will be a HAPPIER person after his military service when he meets us...............

@coastalbreeze :(
About "Happy noodle"... you will miss his beautiful voice because that drama is dubbed in Chinese. You can find it on Viki, but it's not fully subbed yet, maybe just the half. 
Sending hugs too! Try to rest well, take care of your health! and don't worry about letters or translations :D 

Yoon Shi Yoon!
Do you really know what a hero is?
To me a HERO Is You,
For who you are as a human,
Your strength, courage and bravery earn more than respect,
Your letters to fans have been humble, honest, respectful, cherished,
read and reread,
That even if I don't know or understand the Marines, know I understand you,
You my soldier...
You My HERO... :x :x :xYoonie countdown calender for today 2014/06/10

10352880_398557153619016_367221164303819

@coastalbreeze....hi dear...missing you....after reading his letter im the same heart broken too....but i try to focus on praying nd wishing his best nd bless for him.... [-O<
@Jelve.....what a cute HERO he is ! ! ! ....i think MR YOON cuteness is just a gift to him... nd consequently he is a gift to us.... :) 
our cute hero looks fantastic in this music video: 
10454525_470030423142546_376198835555195

video by soshiyuri nd pic by awkward me... :-B

Yoon Shi Yoon!You are sugar
Sweet and pure
You are the first snowfall of winter in the dead of night
Alluring and exciting
You are a Refreshing Breeze on a hot summer day
Delighting and relieving
You are every wonderful, and pure thing on this planet.... :x :x :x

Yoonie countdown calender for today 2014/06/11

10373660_398978896910175_891639540158303

@Maryam what keeps me in a good mood* is that I know our Shi Yoon-ssi has the spirit of a true warrior. He's got a "FIGHTING!" written all over his face. :x

@rachel what can I say? I'm a happy noodle now! I can watch on Viki! YES!!!  \:D/ Thank you for the tip, and for the hugs, and for the good wishes!!!

Hugs to all Yoonies! >:D<

* Add to this, the fact that I recently discovered why Yoonie and other young actors look up to Kim Myung Min. He is BRILLIANT! and my current consolation while Yoonie is away. :P