Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

simplydramafied1082 said: farbarri said: simplydramafied1082 said:
So I just wondered whether she realised after interacting with Joo Won he is having signs of autism or not because after stepping out of their house she seemed miffed with the idea of him ignoring her when he was reciting directions. I went through the blog of Raine and I have to agree with this thought that Yoon Seo sent Shi On to get a missing ingredient to a shop close by when his process of rehabilitation for autism is not complete. Ideally he should feel lost but he didn't. I so want this drama to hit the high notes but being mindful there are a lot of skeptics who are watching it simultaneously is kinda freaking me out. 

Cr: Hancinema

I have been reading a number of comments from people who struggle to see the loveline between Park Si On and Cha Yoon Seo. A handful even called it creepy which I thought was downright insulting.

To be honest, very early on, I felt the same way too. Not that it would be creepy or awful in any sense but rather I could not picture it. I told myself that since this is a medical drama, the romance won't be the central story. Mostly, I couldn't visualize a korean drama romance between an autistic man and a woman. I must say I have come a long way since then.

Here's what I wrote in the drama thread:

Initially I had the same view towards the loveline. First, I had thought this was a medical drama featuring a special doctor, a savant who is also autistic.If I want romance, I won't watch medical dramas, not that there is none but rather none has made me a fan.

Then word came out that this will be different, it will be more of a human drama than purely a medical one. Now, that's when I thought it looks more promising on the romance aspect. Still, I could not compute how an autistic man can court and romance a woman the way we are used to in a typical kdrama rom-com. I even lamented silently that it's a waste because we have Joo Won and Moon Chae Won in the same show, how can we not have some 'shippy-ship', right?

I chanced upon forums where autistic people chat and share their experiences. From there, I learn that some do not have any desire to start a romantic relationship while many say they do. Those who have the desire expressed frustrations in courtship and maintaining a relationship due to their disorder. Some give up, some preserver. They faced the same issues as everyone else with regards to matters of the heart just that in addition to those, they faced more and different issues.

It is clear by now that Park Si On is fully capable of love; of being loved and loving another. The problem lies in not being able to express himself. Although he doesn't say it loud or cry, it is without doubt that he missed his hyung so much. As apparent in episode 2, he soothes himself to sleep, clutching the precious last gift from his hyung, remembering how his hyung tickled him. Next question is: Will he be able to love another human being? I think we have the answer already. Although it is not the same as romantic love, it is obvious that SI On feels more compassion and love for children than most people. You can see it in his eyes , the way he looks at the young patients and how he touches them with much care and tenderness.

His speech in front of the hospital board had me when he said "...I wanted to let them become adults, to have children of their own and love them.” Is this man capable of love? I would say a resounding "Yes" Is this a man who wants to have a family and children to love? Most likely. Would he be able to express it to the woman he loves, to court her, satisfy her needs and care for her as a partner? These are the questions which I very much hope the drama will answer and do well. Then we might witness one of the most beautiful and unique love story ever in kdramaland.

Hope I don't bore out anyone of you but just wanted to add something which might occur frequently in the drama:In the second episode when Dr. Do Han successfully performs both the surgeries the Chief of Paeds was playing golf. Now the other guy besides the Chief Manager of the Hospital at the game was a representative of a Pharmaceutical Group. In every hospital we have medical reps sellintheir pharmaceutical products or medical appliances to bolster the sales of their products which affects the sales made in the fiscal quarters of their company.If doctors manage to prescribe a whole lot of their products to the patients they get an additional commission (extra cash) from the pharmaceutical which is like a cut of the sales made in that quarter. Sometimes doctors get greedy and prescribe these drugs when it is actually not needed for that medical condition.So in this case Dr. Go plays those typical sleazy doctors who wants to make money from his profession (besides his salary and added benefits from the hospital). Hence he was closing in on a deal with the Rep when he was called in for the surgery.While they were doing surgery on the little boy ('lil Seung Ho who threw up the green goo) PSO said one of the reasons  in the resultant delay in healing of his wounds post-op was administration of a drug which was not yet approved by the FDA and was still in clinical trial (that means it was not yet confirmed to be safely administered for humans). I don't know whether the drug given to the boy was from the same company of that medical rep. Hence this goes against the very ethics of their profession and Director Choi wanted to report him. If he was reported there could be possibilities his license would be revoked thereby he could no longer practice as a doctor.But Assistant Director Hyun Tae (played by the awesome Kwak Do Han) used it against the Director by saying this could further complicate things for PSO since he is in the same dept of Dr. Go (which I still can't understand how is that related).Anyways just to explain this is another one of the dirty politics / money making tactics used by doctors in hospitals.

Moaties' Assignment:

If you see the lines... you are truly a Certified Moaty... if not, go study your lessons!!!

465i.png

3bkk.png

285e.png

6hfq.png

yzvl.png

e8wz.png

6uj6.png

bqxr.png

Note: You can try different angles in looking. It takes an almost broken neck and morphed microscopic eyes for me to pass my Masteral and Ph D. :D

class="post-title"‘Good Doctor’ with overwhelming storyline and outstanding actors, Netizens keep their eyes on this drama

KBS2TV monday-tuesday drama ‘Good Doctor’, which first aired on August 5, has gained in big popularity these days. ‘Good Doctor’ has received an enthusiastic responses of many netizens apart from the ratings from the 5th to 6th, for two days. It is threatening high the popularity of TVN drama ‘Nine: Time Travelling Nine Times’, which went off the air on May 14. with many reviews in internet cafes.
A look at the reviews about it, KBS drama ‘Shark’, which went off the air last week, would not be the biggest influence to its ratings. But it is clearly a factor that attracting some viewers of SBS wednesday-thursday drama ‘I hear your voice’, which went off the air last week.
Ki Min-soo, the director of ‘Good Doctor’ already made 37% of high ratings with KBS drama ‘Ojak Brothers’ in 2011. And OCN drama ‘God’s Trick’ written by Park Jae-beom, the scriptwriter of ‘Good Doctor’, recorded most-watched drama in total tv programming channel.

9b7c.jpgMost Korean dramas, which are broadcasting nowadays, begin with an intense impression in the first couple of episodes. However, their ratings fall after episode 5 owing to boring or unnecessary scenes.
Nothing seems to have special storyline for ‘Good Doctor’ under the present situation. But the positive sign is that all medical dramas (i.e. ‘White Tower’, ‘New Heart’, ‘Sign’, ‘Brain’ and ‘Golden Time’) which was aired from 2007 to last year had never fallen down with their ratings during the broadcast.
In this way, it seems to have a variety of material for this medical drama. In fact, there are a lot of materials related to medical accident or something happens in a emergency room around the clock.
This drama boasts an all-star cast. Joo Won, who is famous for KBS entertainment show ’1 Night, 2 Days’, is staring as Park Shi-on who has savant syndrome but overcomes prejudice to become a paediatric surgeon. And the actress Moon Chae-won is taking the role of Cha Yoon-seo who is a second year resident. Joo Sang-wook is acting as the best paediatric surgeon, Kim Doo-han, in the country.
The drama features famous actors in a supporting role. For example, Cheon Ho-jin (Choi Woo-seok), who is acting as a hospital director, plays a key role in it to have trained Si-on to be a good doctor. And Ko Chang-seok (Jo Jeong-mi) and Jo Hee-bong (Go Choong-man) are acting as a chief nurse and the head of the pediatric department each.
Kwak Do-won, who has earned him his title with the public by the movie ‘Nameless Gangster’, is staring Kang Hyeon-tae, the deputy director of the facility out of the financier. He keeps the drama in balance not to be ridiculous or loose.
Meanwhile, monday-tuesday drama ‘Good Doctor’ got a 10.5% ratings on August 5. And it is raised to 13.6% (by TNm) in second episode on August 6 outranking ‘Shark’, which went off last week.
http://koreandrama.com/good-doctor-with-overwhelming-storyline-and-outstanding-actors-netizens-keep-their-eyes-on-this-drama/

Moaties' Assignment:

If you see the lines... you are truly a Certified Moaty... if not, go study your lessons!!!

ng

[iM

/IMG]

Note: You can try different angles in looking. It takes an almost broken neck and morphed microscopic eyes for me to pass my Masteral and Ph D. :D

I don't get it. Waaaaaah! I need to take some remedial classes! Well, not that I'm complaining *winks*

But really, what am I supposed to seeee?

Guest mindymoe

Haven't spazzing here today.. Today is Hari Raya Eid Fitr, visited relatives, and I'm full with cookies, ketupat, rendang, opor, etc. Once again, Happy Eid Fitr to all who celebrates it! *so excited!!!*
I hope that 1N2D cancellation is just a rumour. I can't imagine it, if they cancel 1N2D from this fall, what will we do, overseas fans, during Cutie's musical (about a year??) if he doesn't appear in TV at all... so sad... my life will be gloomy.. I love how Cutie acts so natural in 1N2D, aegyo boy, and his bromance with all of his hyungs. So please KBS.. don't do that to us.... 102.gif
Finally I finished watching GD with english sub. No doubt with Cutie's acting, it's just soooooo real.. I didn't see Cutie at all. It's PSO.. And I love how Cutie's being soooo hardworking, by doing research and visiting the experts, so he can act so precisely, added with his amazing acting skill. I keep comparing him with other actor in his age, whose drama I have watched it before. Maybe I like their drama because its interesting plot and so whatever, but rarely because their acting skill. I have to watched them because of my friend recommendation to keep update, but not with their acting skill. But watching Cutie, I can have it all. Like I said before, he can act and speak only with his eyes. Cutie act as an autism or savant syndrome sufferer, that don't talk much in normal situation, he can show it only with his eyes.. 110.gif
*sorry again moaties fellow, I'm being modest again today as It's Hari Raya, tomorrow I'll join you all!!*

@tablohigh Thank you! I myself did these covers. My skills in editing pictures are not as good (and my resources are limited), but I like doing it.
@simplydramafied  I'm from Brazil. My native language is Portuguese, but I understand Spanish well, since these two languages ​​are similar (I often watch dramas with subtitles in spanish). I understand Spanish much better than English.

mrdimples said: Joo Won's Portrayal of Autism Has Moved Even the Experts

Not sure if this has been posted:
http://m.cafe.daum.net/choikanghee/FkOn/25?listURI=%2Fchoikanghee%2FFkOn%3FboardType%3D

The above is a clip celebrating JW's fav noona CKH Fan Club's 17th Anniversary. Cutie gives a congratulatory message (watch from 00:50 - 00:56) in his GD press con outfit. As always, he's ever the sweet boy taking time out from his busy schedule.

enyre85 said: @tablohigh Thank you! I myself did these covers. My skills in editing pictures are not as good (and my resources are limited), but I like doing it.
@simplydramafied  I'm from Brazil. My native language is Portuguese, but I understand Spanish well, since these two languages ​​are similar (I often watch dramas with subtitles in spanish). I understand Spanish much better than English.

mrdimples said: Joo Won's Portrayal of Autism Has Moved Even the Experts