Should I terminate this relationship?

Crunchyrunchy

I say break up with her. You clearly don't value the relationship enough to understand her concerns or try to communicate about it. It seems all you care about is how it would affect you and how volatile the break up would be. It just sounds like you're over the relationship at this point and frankly, I think she deserves better.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hishari

Some parents are just those really nasty, judgmental ones who seem to find a million things to criticize. She said her parents are "mean" so maybe they're one of those.
Why does she need to put in so much effort in defending you against questions like:who is he?what does he do?what college does/did he go to?what's his gpa?what's his major?is he a doctor/lawyer/engineer?does he have a phd?does he work? full time?what does he do for work?how much does he make a year?does he get benefits?how tall is he?where is his family from?is he close with his parents?does he respect his parents?ETC ETC.
So if I was dating a guy for only a month or two, HELL NO would I put myself in that position of a torrent of these interrogation type questions. If i've dated him for a while and really liked him, then I would be willing to put up with defending him. Let's be real here, there's no way you're the "ideal guy" for their precious baby girl. You may make half a million a year, but so-and-so's daughter's boyfriend makes 20 million a year and bought her a Porsche and a big fat ring or whatever. This is what she probably has to submit herself to on a constant basis if her parents found out. 
And then what if you guys broke up? Then she'll get that annoying barrage of questions like:why don't we see him around anymore?did you break up?did he break up with you?he broke up with you huh? it's because he found someone better!oh so YOU broke up with him? see I told you he wasn't right for youyou were dating for fun? what a waste of time!
So while I may be an "adult" and college graduated and everything, I still won't tell my parents who i'm dating for fun. While I won't "hide" from them, I still will hope that me and my date never run into them when we're still at that beginning stage. 
Stop thinking about ME ME ME ME for once. 

Guest brokenmachine

Are you really into the terminator...

First time I heard someone use the 'terminate' when ending a romantic relationship. oh well, something new everyday. 
And in response to the question, terminate it and save the girl future suffering. 

inxomnia said: I say break up with her. You clearly don't value the relationship enough to understand her concerns or try to communicate about it. It seems all you care about is how it would affect you and how volatile the break up would be. It just sounds like you're over the relationship at this point and frankly, I think she deserves better.

Guest UnicornGummi

It seems like you've already made your decision from the very beginning whether you realize it or not and you just want some confirmation. Just do whatever you want to do, lol. Regardless of what we say, you're probably still going to go with your gut feeling anyways. 

UPON FURTHER REVIEW, I have decided that termination of this relationship should only be a final option. I am open to proper and logical resolutions. I am going to have a conversation with her and hopefully we will be able to negotiate a fair settlement, but as for now I will need a back up plan in cased she refuses to budge.

The main problem is that I don't really like hiding. I don't care if she never introduce me to her parents during the course of this "relationship" or if her parents see us.  This is not my main priority as of now. I am simply trying to assuage the tension that this is causing for the both of us.
Now if I do have to hide every-time her parents get close then well.. That is a final resolution WHICH I AM CONSIDERING.

Now to address some of these obstacles:

• She doesn't drive so her parents are usually her ride.
  • We live in a city where public transportation are not widely available

I am open to more suggestions on what to do.

To eliminate the obvious though, I already stated that I am going to be negotiating with her. So yes, I will be going to talk with her about this problem soon when I see her.

hishari said: Some parents are just those really nasty, judgmental ones who seem to find a million things to criticize. She said her parents are "mean" so maybe they're one of those.
Why does she need to put in so much effort in defending you against questions like:who is he?what does he do?what college does/did he go to?what's his gpa?what's his major?is he a doctor/lawyer/engineer?does he have a phd?does he work? full time?what does he do for work?how much does he make a year?does he get benefits?how tall is he?where is his family from?is he close with his parents?does he respect his parents?ETC ETC.

Guest iilysium

UPON FURTHER REVIEW, I have decided that termination of this relationship should only be a final option. I am open to proper and logical resolutions. I am going to have a conversation with her and hopefully we will be able to negotiate a fair settlement, but as for now I will need a back up plan in cased she refuses to budge.

The main problem is that I don't really like hiding. I don't care if she never introduce me to her parents during the course of this "relationship" or if her parents see us.  This is not my main priority as of now. I am simply trying to assuage the tension that this is causing for the both of us.

Now if I do have to hide every-time her parents get close then well.. That is a final resolution WHICH I AM CONSIDERING.

Now to address some of these obstacles:

She doesn't drive so her parents are usually her ride.We live in a city where public transportation are not widely availableI am open to more suggestions on what to do.To eliminate the obvious though, I already stated that I am going to be negotiating with her. So yes, I will be going to talk with her about this problem soon when I see her.

Terminate...elimination...final resolution...negotiations...assauge tensions...

xD this reads more like diplomatic talks during war than a relationship

When you go talk to her, you should let her know exactly how you feel about her if you have not done so already.From there, it is up to her to make the call.
That's the thing about this type of relationship, you are not in control
Perhaps you might want to stay away from this one, if she was really into you, she would not let her parents to get involved in your relationship. Maybe more information? From what you've wrote I'd stay away from this one

iilysium said:

Crunchyrunchy

wrote:

»

UPON FURTHER REVIEW, I have decided that termination of this relationship should only be a final option. I am open to proper and logical resolutions. I am going to have a conversation with her and hopefully we will be able to negotiate a fair settlement, but as for now I will need a back up plan in cased she refuses to budge.<br />

<br />

The main problem is that I don't really like hiding. I don't care if she never introduce me to her parents during the course of this "relationship" or if her parents see us.  This is not my main priority as of now. I am simply trying to assuage the tension that this is causing for the both of us.<br />

Now if I do have to hide every-time her parents get close then well.. That is a final resolution WHICH I AM CONSIDERING.<br />

<br />

Now to address some of these obstacles:<br />

<br />

She doesn't drive so her parents are usually her ride.We live in a city where public transportation are not widely availableI am open to more suggestions on what to do.To eliminate the obvious though, I already stated that I am going to be negotiating with her. So yes, I will be going to talk with her about this problem soon when I see her.

flysolo. said: When you go talk to her, you should let her know exactly how you feel about her if you have not done so already.From there, it is up to her to make the call.
That's the thing about this type of relationship, you are not in control
Perhaps you might want to stay away from this one, if she was really into you, she would not let her parents to get involved in your relationship. Maybe more information? From what you've wrote I'd stay away from this one

Guest TheJVS

Crunchyrunchy said: hishari said: Sometimes I just want to hide it from my parents because I don't want to have them ask unnecessary questions. We are just dating for fun, not getting married.
Making a mountain out of a mole hill, aren't we?

Every time I read your posts I get a little annoyed.
I just wish, and I think some other people here wish it too, you would ACKNOWLEDGE the fact that not every one in this world has parents that are understanding. And that you now SEE that and will be more UNDERSTANDING towards her.
But nothing you write makes me feel like really understand. Be more open minded. 
"hopefully we will be able to negotiate a fair settlement, but as for now I will need a back up plan in cased she refuses to budge."
Budge on what? Tell her parents she's dating you? I assure you she won't want to and if she does, you'll be causing her a million problems at home and with her parent.

his is not my main priority as of now. I am simply trying to assuage the tension that this is causing for the both of us.

I feel like YOU'RE the one causing all this tension by resenting her and not being understanding.
What options are you talking about? You want her parents to drive her places so she can go on dates with you? Most of my friends who aren't allowed to date only are able to see the guy on campus and have to lie about having events on campus to have extra time.

Archived