Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

ctfrsgp said: U r referring to the Taiwanese drama Autumn's Concerto (下一站, 幸福/Xia Yi Zhan, Xing Fu - literally translated as Next Stop, Happiness)? Itz one of the few Taiwanese idol drama which worths watchg. The leading actor Van Ness Wu used to be a member of a Manpop idol group F4. Since we r on the topic, @arch00 archie @crazyoverdrama pororo @bobsavero Z, u gals wld love this drama coz there r some hawt scenes of topless Van Ness Wu and bedscene tat will turn u into ashes... rem flames=fire=burn=ashes ? Hee hee >:) Maybe hawter than your little hawtie fr 7G :) go google his name and u will find some pics of him with chocolate abs :))

ctfrsgp said:

U r referring to the Taiwanese drama Autumn's Concerto (下一站, 幸福/Xia Yi Zhan, Xing Fu - literally translated as Next Stop, Happiness)? Itz one of the few Taiwanese idol drama which worths watchg. The leading actor Van Ness Wu used to be a member of a Manpop idol group F4. Since we r on the topic, @arch00 archie @crazyoverdrama pororo @bobsavero Z, u gals wld love this drama coz there r some hawt scenes of topless Van Ness Wu and bedscene tat will turn u into ashes... rem flames=fire=burn=ashes ? Hee hee Maybe hawter than your little hawtie fr 7G go google his name and u will find some pics of him with chocolate abs

@ctfrsgp Yep the very same drama. I heard awesome reviews on Ady An's acting, so thought to check out the drama because of her :) well better get to it soon!

Rem I mentioned previously abt the HK movie Saving General Yang where my archer hero was killed? Ady An was in it too but all the female roles r minor in tat movie. She plays the fiancee of the 6th son of General Yang who is the sole survivor.

stearly said:

He just tweeted to Park Ki Woong:

@woonggnoow Hyung ♥

This tweet of Cutie is actually a reply to Park Ki Woong who tweet the following message to Joo Won

Park Ki Woong: Good morning! This is a portrait done by a Chinese fan. Thank you.

chinese translation:脑残妹纸可爱多 on Joo Won Baidu.

The tweet actually says 귱 (kyoong). I wonder if 귱 is a nickname for Ki Woong? Kyoong = Ki Woong? Or is that like a 'byong' from Cutie who's unleashing his aegyo =))

daydreamsindecember said:

mrdimples

wrote:

»

stearly said:

He just tweeted to Park Ki Woong:

@woonggnoow

Hyung ♥

This tweet of Cutie is actually a reply to Park Ki Woong who tweet the following message to Joo Won

Park Ki Woong: Good morning! This is a portrait done by a Chinese fan. Thank you.

chinese translation:脑残妹纸可爱多 on Joo Won Baidu.

mrdimples

said: Ah yes @simplydramafied, you did mention UAE, sorry I forgot exactly where were you located.

Autumn's Concerto is one of the few romantic dramas I like from Taiwan. I usually avoid them as most of them are what they call Idol dramas(direct translation) meaning they get an singer or actor idol to helm the show just based on his looks and acting is secondary. However, there are some really interesting gems from Taiwan which stands out from the rest. I don't watch many especially these recent years but if you are interested, I can pm you some titles of dramas that stick in my mind even now.

I know that kdramas have a following all over the world, even in the Middle East since I see some fans commenting in their native language on Youtube and other blogs where they shout out where they come from. I am just curious as to how women there find korean or chinese men attractive? I remember one fan on Bridal Mask thread asking if most Korean men or men around the region are as "hairless" as what she sees of Joo Won. If I didnt remember wrongly, she is from the ME but staying in Europe. She finds it totally amazing as men from her country as well as the Europeans are generally "much more hairy". I understand that you are ethnically Indian? I have seen Bollywood move posters and pictures, in fact one of my favorite movies is the 3 Idiots. But the ideal Indian man if I can put it this way looks also vastly different from the sort you'd find in a Korean actor.

I have always been interested in the way people's perspective of beauty changes.Since 20th Century, the universal standard of beauty comes from the West largely because the economic superpowers are there. The States have also exported their culture and "Amercanisation" of things through the success of Hollywood. But things are changing, powers are shifting and the attention now is Asia. I won't call China a global power yet but definitely her influence is rising. I am actually amazed by Korea. The Korean entertainment industry did not explode by chance, it was a concerted effort by her govt and agencies. And I must say they have succeeded. People everywhere, at least in my part of the world are eating Korean food, buying Korean food items, wearing Korean fashion, using Korean facial products and going to Korea for holidays. To me, it's even more powerful than the Japanese wave(which I must qualify, I have no idea about) that preceded it.

Sorry I digressed but back to my curiosity. We are all colored by who we grow up with and our ethnic background no matter where we live. To me, I find Joo Won's beauty universal but I wonder how much of that is that influenced by the fact I am Asian or Chinese.