Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

class="headline"Joo Won to partner IVY for ‘Ghost the Musical’2897-21320.jpg

Actor Joo Won will partner female singer IVY for ‘Ghost the Musical’. After getting the rights from West End to show in South Korea, Joo Won and IVY will be helming the musical together which is expected to begin towards the end of 2013 and last for about 6 months at the D-CUBE Arts Center.

‘Ghost the Musical’ was based on the hit 1990 romantic drama film of the same name, starring Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore. The musical made its world premiere at the Manchester Opera House in March 2011, before beginning previews at the Piccadilly Theatre in the West End in June. In the same year, the musical had its official opening night gala on July 19th in West End.

For the South Korean musical, Joo Woo will play the role of Sam Wheat and alternate with musical actors Kim Jun Hyun and Kim Woo Hyung. This mark Joo Won’s return to the musical scene after a 3 year hiatus since his 2010 musical ‘Spring Awakening’. The female lead role will go to IVY and Park Ji Yeon who will alternate on different nights.

‘Ghost the Musical’ is scheduled to open at the D-CUBE Arts Center from November of this year.

http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/joo-won-to-partner-ivy-for-ghost-the-100200460.html

Ranking for Baeksaeng Awards - TV category

Most Popular Actor - Cutie is #3 at the moment... Go! Go! Go! Fighting!!!!!!!!!!

Screenshot_2013-04-09-13-11-06-1_zps2643aaae.png

Most Popular Actress - currently #1 is our "Seo-Won/Kyung-Ja" gangjjang xi

Screenshot_2013-04-09-13-12-00-1_zps74d10e4a.png

cr. http://isplus.joinsmsn.com/award/bs/2013/vote/v_sub1.html

P.S. heeeheee... I can read 2 hangeul characters. No prize for guessing which 2 :D

Guest mydeed

Yay. So much good news today.. MC for Baeksang (you sneaky Baeksang, I know you will feel guilty.. Heh :-))) ), positive insight on Cutie going back to musical and renewal contract of Mountia.

and.... Congratulations for hitting 900 pages!

okay. this is unfair. wht mbcile didnt give us bts fr ep.1 ???? Gu family book have it. damn. 

aaaa, i need to see GR now

I was jus reading @bobsavero's post above in 7G thread and a lightbulb in my head lights up suddenly...

Maybe Must Be Crap station is keeping all those BTS vids for later when they release the DVDs, perhaps for the J market?? So tat at least therez something of worth to attract ppl to buy the DVDs otherwise probably only hardcore fans will buy it.

He just tweeted:

(by the Google Translator)

Long Morning Calm Village has ~ Too Easy ~ ~ ~ strange house like

~ ^ ^

Did cutie cut his hair again??

BTW, I suspect Junnie has his own special room in the resort since it is owned by his agency :) he seems to be there whenever he is not filming.

Guest jsubmarine

YES!...A musical!......
Who wants to go?.....for real...
Theatre tickets????
I can clear my calendar if there are ways to secure tickets.....

YES!...A musical!......

Who wants to go?.....for real...

Theatre tickets????

I can clear my calendar if there are ways to secure tickets.....

Hey my friend, long time no see... finally u surface from the depths of the oceans... where hav u been?

Unless u know which r the days Junnie will be on-stage, r u planning to block book the tickets for 6 mths?

@Mishiellie my little bunny sister and @mrdimples... apparently therez another chinese subber for 1N2D

Herez the link for last Sun's ep -

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTQwMDg2NDUy.html?x

*scrumbles away to watch cutie*

WOW! 900+ pages and a whole lot of news! congrats everyone and of course, congrats to cutie for the musical and the emcee gig!
Here's a smiling Lee Kang To for everyone

my.joowon_1346602083_18.jpg

my thoughts on the musical: I think he just really misses it and it's a way to not make him forget where he came from. His talents are also not fully used up in dramas and movies, so this will be a good thing for cutie. And perhaps, since his popularity is rising, he might use this to encourage his fans to watch musicals, thereby helping the industry too. 
As much as I want to see him in another drama this year, I hope he'll have time to rest.
on a side note, where do we order for tickets for Joo Won's musical? I want one! Even if just a daytrip to Korea for that! hahaha! I was wondering too if I drop by the theater, will I be able to see him practice? :) Who's with me? :D 

mv2t5c.jpg

photo credits to the uploaders

LightGrace said: Hi everyone! ^^

I wasn't planning on posting in this thread, as I am generally more of a Lurker than Participater, but I've had so much fun reading everyone's posts here over the last few months. And now with passing the 900 page mark and the fantastic news that Joo Won is going to star in a musical again, I've finally summoned up the courage to surface!

OOOHH MYY GAAWWWDD!!! I don't know what crazy part of my mind made me decide to buy this...

Well hello buddy.. If i can't have Cutie, then i get to have you 24/7!!! =)) =))

U know, pororo, in the past I always wonder watz so good abt this bear tat I see him everywhere I go. My friends like him very much... but now, this little fella keeps appearing where cutie is... I sort of starting to like him too... maybe I shld get one too as a substitute for uri cute darling :) since we cant hug the real Cutie, we can hug the bear bear and still not break the law :D

Screenshot_2013-04-09-18-58-31-1_zps0158d9f4.png