Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Guest jsubmarine

Looks aside.............the leading lady must have comedy chops as well as action chops...
This time..........he gets a leading lady with suitable qualifications for the genre...
Lets hope the sparks fly....
Joo Won is great in heavy dramatics...........but comedy is actually harder..........
I was really waiting............
to see that wonderful magical combination.......of "Laughter in tears......tears in laughter" from Joo Won...

Actress Choi Kang Hee has been identified as the lead actress in MBC’s “Battle of the Secret Lovers”

dfb8d943ad4bd113030fddc25aafa40f4afb0528

A spokesman for the station expressed that Choi Kang Hee had previously received the invitation to be cast for the role and she just made her decision to join the drama as the lead female character Kim XX(temporarily unable to translate)

One actor from the station revealed that “Choi Kang Hee has already decided to join the drama, it’s just left with the signing of the agreement. “ A representative from her agency also said “Even though she has not sign the papers yet, it would not change the fact that she will appear in this drama. In order not to disrupt the filming, we will adjust her movie and other activities’ schedule to accommodate this drama.”

After Choi Kang Hee acted in last year’s SBS “Protect the Boss”, she has not appeared in front of audience. Choi Kang Hee is an actress with outstanding personality. This is the first time she is acting with Joo Won so we are anticipating the success of their work.

Chinese translation: 由米35 on baidu

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

Source: Korea Naver

It seems that Baidu fans are skeptical too.. and hoping for changes.. But Choi Kang Hee isn't that bad too. She is good in comedies and it's Joo Won's first time in comedies. So she might be able to lead him along...Protect the boss was quite a hit for SBS last year though it was always second in ratings compared to The princess man. If it is really confirmed, lets still root for them and the drama!

Guest alysanne

@mrdimples: Well, if we're thinking Secret Agent, I think I'd take PMY over this. And I'm ambivalent when it comes to PMY; I don't like her, I don't hate her. 

@coolreborn, now you are wishing that you are the lead actress right???
I watch Choi Kang Hee in Protect the Boss. She was funny!! In my opinion she wasn't bad at all and that was also a drama I enjoyed a lot. I think she would do well in this new drama, but for the fact that she is 10 years older than Cutie. Just can't see how this is going to work out and give Cutie another ratings success, unless of course the script was such that the female lead IS supposed to be older than Gil Ro anyway. Wondering if they can pull off a Ha Ji Won - Lee Seung Gi. The 9 year age gap was totally not noticeable in King 2 hearts. @alysanne, you think?

Guest alysanne

@mojobobo: I haven't seen CKH in anything, so I really can't tell.  I think JW can easily pull off an older role, just like LSG did.

Guest alysanne

@mojobobo: JW has managed to maintain good chemistry with all his leading ladies so far, so let's hope it's the same here, even if we can't imagine it right now.