Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

i love this guy. so cute, and his crying scenes are so emotional. it feels so real.

on another hand, i liked his character in Death Bell 2, too. it's too bad that they didn't go into details regarding the character but at least

he didn't die

:D

. he's super cute w/ T-ara's Jiyeon. if only their age gap wasn't so big.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cherry_bombshell

I actually like joo won but i like him too, they're like two very different people. When joo won gives us a lad persona, yoon si yoon gives us boyish charm. Aishh, i can't choose, i like both of them....

Guest supereccabol

he's super duper cute!!!

and I really love his acting in King of Baking, Kim Tak Goo, very promising! :D it's sad that the drama will end soon... I hope it'll be a favorable ending for Tak Goo! :D 

Guest milan1010

he is a really good actor for a newcomer...his eyes just so expressive...he cries a lot in baker king..but he pulls it off...

very promising actor...i think we're gonna see him a lot...

September 17, 2010

Writer Kang Eun Kyung: 'Yoon Si Yoon Is Miraculous Actor'

Source: KBS Global

The writer of the KBS 2TV drama “Bread, Love, and Dreams,” Kang Eun Kyung, highly praised the actor Yoon Si Yoon, who performed the protagonist of the drama, by saying, “Yoon Si Yoon is a miraculous actor. Thanks to his powerful acting, viewers loved the drama and cheered for the drama’s success.”

At an interview with a reporter held on September 14, she said, “I think that the actor Yoon Si Yoon’s sincere acting might be transferred to the viewers, which helps to record the high viewer ratings. Thanks to his sincere and heart-warming acting, viewers could feel like cheering for him while watching the drama.”

She added, “The reason why we are enthusiastic about the soccer player Park Ji sung is because he has shown diligent play by running across the ground all the time during the running time and he always runs right beside the ball. Like this, there might be many reasons how we can achieve the viewer ratings as high as 48.4 percent for the drama ‘Bread, Love, and Dreams,” but the most critical factor might be the same reason why people love Park Ji Sung. People love the protagonist named Tak Koo and the actor who performed the character who has shown sincere acting with humble attitude in the drama. His acting has captured the viewers’ mind."

Actually, many people including staff members of KBS, had opposed the cast of Yoon Si Yoon for the role. He had received the spotlight by appearing in “High Kick Through The Roof,” but he was still a rookie actor and it had been regarded as too risky to cast the rookie actor for the role of protagonist. But the writer Kang Eun Kyung said that she wanted to cast him for the role. She said, “I do not know, but I liked him, I thought that he would be a suitable actor for playing the role. So, I had watched the drama “High Kick Through The Roof” again to see his acting. When we had held the first meeting with him, his eyes were sparkling. I had explained him that the character, Kim Tak Koo, was a person with the absolutely positive attitude, so I wanted someone who could act the character with the positive mind. But, after the meeting, many people still opposed to cast him, so I myself had been confused about casting him. In the second meeting, by the way, he told me with a firm voice without feeling of tension, ‘Trust me. I will perform the character perfectly to calm every concern.’ At that moment, I was touched by his attitude. So, I had sent text message to him saying, ‘Let’s do our best to smile when we finish filming the drama.’ I am very happy now that our drama has gain great success.”

She continued, “Yoon always has told me, ‘I will do my best’ and ‘I will perform it as good.’ In the middle of the filming, he also sent me a text message, ‘I have started as a baby who just started to walk, but in the end, I will become a great actor.’ For the reply, I told him, ‘You are a miracle itself.’ Actually, sometimes I had gotten the goose bumps by watching his powerful acting. As a writer for the drama, I am really appreciated for his good performance even though he is a rookie actor. He might have to have many difficulties while filming the drama. He had to act with many characters in the drama, and he might be distressed by the burden of acting as the protagonist, but he performed the character perfectly without giving up anything. I even felt admirable toward him.”

It was not the first time that the writer Kang Eun Kyung had casted a rookie actor and achieved a successful outcome. She already had casted rookie actors such as Han Ji Min and Cho Han Sun for the MBC drama “A Good Man” and Yoo Gun and Kim Ok Bin for the KBS drama “Hello, God.” They all were rookie actors at that time, but Kang boldly had casted them as the protagonists of those drama.

Kang said, “I already had casted rookie actors and I know very well about the merit of casting rookie actors, so this time again, I just pushed away with my casting plan. It would be better to cast and work together with those rookie actors who are saying ‘I am very appreciated for being cast for the role’ instead of other star actors who are saying ‘I will accept your casting suggestion.’ Actor Yoon Si Yoon has humble attitude, but, at the same time, he has the boldness and confidence, and it has an important influences. Actors have to have those influences to attract viewers. Yoon Si Yoon might feel pressured due to the great success of this drama, but I trust him that he will overcome those pressures and become much better actors in the future.”

• Like 2

Guest sunny_mae-galz85

Tomorrow is Yoon Shi Yoon B'day, Happy Birthday Shi Yoon ssi, Please bring us another joy from you with a new drama, Wish you full of happiness n luck n keep healthy okay :wub:........Ajja2....Fighting......  :lol:

Guest supereccabol

I'm done watching King of Baking and was so sad that I can't see Tak Goo anymore... :( however, the final episode is soooo fantastic! 

In fairness, this is his first major acting role and he did well. I wasn't expecting a lot from him since he's just a beginner, The pressure's high when he did the series, but he's proven a lot. 

I'm just waiting for the English subs of King of Baking Special.

here's Tak Gu singing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzxMt6QvkBk&feature=player_embedded

Guest supereccabol

Thanks for the pictures!!! :D weeee can't get enough of Si Yoon oppa :D

I'll be watching Death Bell 2 even if I'm not a fan of suspense/horror films. hahaha! 

Guest didibabez1

Yoon Shi Yoon will have a very successful career.

I also miss Tak Goo.....Shi Yoon,,,fighting!!1 ohh and Happy birthday!

Yoon Si Yoon: '99 Percent of People Said ‘No’ to Me'

[2010-10-04]

Actor Yoon Si Yoon has gained great success by appearing in the drama "Bread, Love, and Dreams" after his previous drama "High Kick Through the Roof."

Yoon Si Yoon said, "Ninety-nine percent of people had told me, 'You will not be able to succeed.' But, the other one percent of people, who were my parents and my manager, cheered for me and their encouragement has made me who I am today."

Yoon Si Yoon played the protagonist named Kim Tak Koo in "Bread, Love, and Dreams," which finished airing on September 16 by recording 50.8 percent viewer ratings, and he has become an actor who makes Songpyeon with the president of Korea overnight. He said people had shown negative opinions of him, but he had acheived great success with his own efforts by overcoming those negative opinions.

Early last year, nobody knew his existence, but he had risen as a rookie actor when he played "Joon Hyuk" in MBC TV's sitcom "High Kick Through the Roof," which had begun airing from September last year. He became a nationally-known actor whom many Koreans recognized by appearing in his second drama.

A reporter met and interviewed this lucky man whose life has been changed completely overnight.

7529_1692_l.jpg

Yoon said, "I heard that actors have to come out from the role that they had played once the work has finished, but I still cannot believe that the drama has finished. I just feel like I am taking a break in the middle of filming."

The interview was nice and neat. Yoon gave thoughtful answers for every question and he was emotionally stable during the interview. His attitude was very sincere and humble during the interview. It seemed his character, Kim Tak Koo, who had shown the “power of an absolutely positive mind,” was actually overlapping with the real attitude of actor Yoon Si Yoon.

Yoon said, "There is no difference in my life. I was happy before the drama and I am still happy. But I feel good when I can see people around me become happy because of me. I was always a positive person, and I decided to try to become just like Kim Tak Koo while playing him in the drama. I think that Kim Tak Koo is not just a fictional character, and I believe that I can become happier if I live my life while resembling Kim Tak Koo in the real world. People might say that Kim Tak Koo is just a fantasy, but I think that actors have to give dreams and fantasies to the public, and I have to maintain those dreams of Kim Tak Koo as an actor.”

He had reportedly gone through hard times before his debut as a protagonist of a TV series, but he never mentioned it even though reporters tried to ask about it. He said, “I was born in an ordinary family and I did not have many troubles. My family’s circumstance could be bad, but it was a common standard of living. Anyway, now I am happy because I can help my parents and lessen their burdens.”

Yoon Si Yoon confidently said, “I wanted to become an actor from the moment that I was born.” He entered Kyungki University majoring in theater and film, and he had tried to debut in the entertainment world for four years without any results. Finally, he was cast in “High Kick Through the Roof."

Yoon said, “When I participated in an audition, I always failed during the document screening part. I could not even have the opportunity to do a real audition. Maybe there were many reasons, but I just think that it was not the right time for me. Then I applied for the role in 'High Kick Through the Roof' and received the phone call to come to the audition. I did not have high expectations about it and I did not even know how to do an audition properly at that time. Later, I heard that many handsome and skilled actors had come to the audition, but the director Kim Byong Wook had wanted to find a really rookie actor just like me, so I think that was why I could get the opportunity. When I did the audition, I picked up something on the set while immersed in the emotion of my acting and threw it, hitting the head of the production director, Kim Byong Wook. It was a such an embarrassing accident (laugh).”

He continued, “Many trainee actors including me just have a dream of becoming an actor but they cannot even get any opportunity. In this situation, what I did well was the only thing that I always thought about before going to bed every day, which was becoming an actor.”

7529_1693_l.jpg

Yoon had become famous by appearing in the sitcom “High Kick Through the Roof,” but his casting as the protagonist in “Bread, Love, and Dreams” was a different matter. Almost everyone related to the drama production had actually strongly disapproved of his casting. Yoon Si Yoon said, “One time the writer came to me to say that it would be hard to cast me for the role due to the strong opposition, but at that time, I did not realize the atmosphere and said with a big smile, ‘I did not have the confidence to present my best acting, but I can act with sincerity with no pretense.’ Maybe I was unable to think that I would not be chosen, just like the way that Kim Tak Koo never thinks negatively about everything (laugh). I think that the writer gave me the chance due to this similarity.”

Yoon said, “Kim Tak Koo is a positive person not because he is very generous and has a broad mind, but because he feels uncomfortable and cannot endure any situation where he thinks negatively about something. It is the same with me. I always try to think positively and regard something as a good thing to me, not because I am a good person, but because I do not want to see myself destroyed in a negative and sad situation.”

But Yoon had felt tremendous pressure about playing Kim Tak Koo in the beginning, and the pressure had been much greater than he had expected. He said, “It took a long time for me to overcome the situation where people were concerned and expressed ridicule regarding my casting. I was worried and discouraged and I even thought, ‘Can I play the role?’ and ‘I might not be able to do it.’ But I could get encouraged by watching the child actor Oh Jae Moo’s acting in the beginning. While watching his acting, I really wanted to create a beautiful and nice character in Kim Tak Koo.”

Yoon was very lucky in terms of not only being cast as the protagonist, but also having an opportunity to act together with many top senior actors such as Jeon Kwang Ryeol, Jeon In Hwa, Jung Sung Mo, and Jang Hang Sun. Yoon said, “I could learn the meaning of standing in front of people by appearing in 'High Kick Through The Roof,' and I could come to love acting by appearing in 'Bread, Love, and Dreams.' I could learn many things from many senior actors who presented the best acting ability and I could feel excitement about acting thanks to them. In addition, I received great love as an actor from viewers, as the drama had recorded 50 percent viewer ratings. I have to repay that great love from now on. I want to repay their love by acting sincerely with a positive mind. It could be very hard, but I want to show my efforts to become the best actor to people.”

7529_1694_l.jpg

The reporter asked whether Yoon wanted to talk about the difficulties that he had gone through before he gained this huge popularity, and Yoon answered, “There are many other actors who have good acting ability, but have difficulties as an actor by not having any chance to reveal that ability. If I think about those actors, I cannot even mention my previous difficulty. I feel sorry about those actors.”

Yoon Si Yoon disclosed his future plans by saying, “I want to overcome my weaknesses. I had portrayed a teenage boy by playing 'Joon Hyuk' and a young man by playing 'Kim Tak Koo.' Now, I think that I have to be prepared to play a grown-up man who can protect his family.”

7529_1695_l.jpg

[iNTERVIEW] Actor Yoon Si-yoon - Part 1

2010100709340737725_1.jpg

He debuted last year through MBC's smash hit sitcom "High Kick 2," the sequel to director Kim Byung-wook's popular family series from 2006. He then landed the leading role in KBS TV series "Bread, Love and Dreams," which averaged viewership ratings of 36 percent and breached the 50 percent mark on its finale episode. With just two acting roles, Yoon Si-yoon went from a noname newcomer to a star. 10Asia sat down with the 24-year-old actor to talk about his past, present and future.

10: I understand that you're doing interview after interview after "Love, Bread and Dreams" ended its run. This must be the first time you're experiencing such a thing.

Yoon: It is. This is already my fourth today. And I still have a similar number left (to do).

10: It must be difficult having to do interviews immediately after finishing up a 30-episode drama.

Yoon: It's not. I believe this is all just part of the process. It's where I can say 'thank you' as actor Yoon Si-yoon. And there's a lot I didn't get to say as my character Tak-goo either. I think this is very important.

10: How has it been talking to reporters?

Yoon: I'm lucky in the sense that they have been nice and like me. Some might say to watch out for them (laugh) but when I respond with sincerity, they would write about it the way I told it to them. I've never been hurt by articles before. And in a way, I feel more responsibility because they have viewed me in a positive light ever since I became an actor.

10: Like you say, you've been popular since "High Kick 2" which could be considered your actual debut work. But I think you must've feel pressured about having to play the lead of a drama, regardless of the response from people around you.

Yoon: I did feel pressure. But it's pressure over the acting I have to do more than anything else. So I think it was valuable pressure because it's something I have to learn to overcome as an actor. I can only become a better actor by overcoming that.

10: You said that you felt like you had become your character Joon-hyuk when you were doing "High Kick 2" but you now sound just like Tak-goo.

Yoon: I do, right? Everybody's been saying that this time around. And I think it comes from my love for my roles. Like when you date someone, you become like that person. I know I lack in everyway including vocalization, pronunciation, acting skills, emotional expression and movement. I know it but I love the roles I play. Both Joon-hyuk and Tak-goo. That's why I become like them.

2010100709340737725_2.jpg

10: But a lot of people get scared even when they're doing what they like. Do you think you're the type that isn't scared or is good at overcoming such fear?

Yoon: I ask for help boldly. Because I know I'll never make it by myself. I never repress my emotions. I think Tak-goo is like that too. We're similar in that sense. I was able to overcome pressure or fear while playing the role of Tak-goo because I with other people -- I don't have the psychological strength to overcome it alone. I'm the type that asks boldly and bravely, 'I can't do this without you.'

10: Who is usually the most help?

Yoon: I guess my closest friends are my manager or stylist. The conversations we have while I'm looking at my script and while I'm eating help so much. And like they protect and support me, I feel that responsibility to do the same for them as well. I feel like I should become someone they can rely on when they're going through hard times as much as I rely on them.

10: Becoming a star could be one of the ways to become that sort of person. (laugh)

Yoon: This is what I think. That if you are someone who holds his ground, you can be that someone who others rely on. They'll lean on you because you're standing firm. And it's people who are always there in the same place, people who you want to go back to, that are the ones you want to rely on, not the ones who speak elaborately. 25 years old could be considered both a young and old age but I'm going to try not to lose my ground. And if I manage to do that, I think that one day I'll be someone that my family, my friends and that someone that I will love someday, can rely on.

10: That ultimately means you have to have your own set of beliefs or convictions. What are they?

Yoon: I believe in the power of positive thinking. And I believe that power can change others too. I think good things will happen if you try to look at good things and think good thoughts.

10: Was Tak-goo like that?

Yoon: He was like that, always. He'd be making bread in the bakery no matter how fickle Yoo-kyung acts and he returns to Palbong Bakery even after he achieves everything in the end. He achieved everything solely through the power of positive thinking, without having to fight or clash with someone. And it's not like he was hard on himself. He was the type of guy that upgrades himself in a Spartan-like manner. So when I shot scenes where he's in a competition or has to change the mind of the board of directors of his company, I did so with the mind that he doesn't want to win but finds significance in the process of doing so. That's the kind of kid Tak-goo was.

[iNTERVIEW] Actor Yoon Si-yoon - Part 2

2010100801031344891_1.jpg

10: Is that why then? Some people make those around them feel uncomfortable while they're working hard but that's doesn't seem like what Tak-goo was like.

Yoon: He's someone that's just happy to do what he does. I never had to act the emotion of him being nervous when he gets results. He just did what he did, he got the results, and 'wow, I'm done,' is what it was for him. And he only feels happiness because he enjoyed the process of what he did. The reason he smiled and jumped about after the competition wasn't because he won but because he could make bread out of boiled barley that the child who helped him gave him. That's why Tak-goo isn't a hero. He's just a kid who likes normalities.

10: That's why he's quite an amazing character as well. He himself says that he has been through hardships that are so severe that he has "done everything except for killing someone," but there's such an innocent side to him.

Yoon: The similarity between me and Tak-goo aren't the fact that we are both men of high caliber or are nice. Tak-goo has a short temper and is simple-minded. So I interpreted the power of positive thinking he has based on such simple-mindedness. There are people who can't contain their sadness when they feel it. Not because they're kind-hearted but because it feels uncomfortable. So Tak-goo says he's done everything in the past except for kill someone but he doesn't dwell on it. So I focused on expressing him as he is in his present state. Of course it's impossible for him not to miss his parents. It's just that he focuses on what he's doing in the state he is in -- the process of making bread. Because it's hard to handle pain that is so immense.

10: But Tak-goo matures through the process of focusing on his present. He vows he will not use get into fist fights and forgives Jin-goo.

Yoon: It's the factors around him which makes him mature rather than him maturing by himself. Tak-goo has actually never forgiven anyone before. He just accepts fate. 'Yes, okay, that can happen.' It's the people around him that help him mature in the process of him learning to accept them. The master at Palbong bakery teaches him about bread and Jin-goo becomes a friend that Tak-goo can rely on.

10: In that sense, I'm curious to know in what way you matured as an actor while meeting various people through your roles.

Yoon: I would be acknowledging how weak I am if there was a drastic change I went through that made me develop the most. So before, I was afraid of my weaknesses. I was thinking that since I'm playing the lead role, I need to take responsibility, I can't led the drama flop, and I can't become a burden on my senior actors. But I was wrong. I realized that acknowledging my weaknesses and telling people that I'm having a hard time was the right thing to do. I think that's how I've changed. That's also why I showed tears at the event held after the airing of the finale episode. I had felt that I was listening only to the echos of my own words when we had held a press conference announcing that the drama would be produced. And this was basically the essence of what every media outlet was asking. Do you know that your rival broadcasters are going to have major dramas coming out? How are you going to win them? And I had responded, 'Please keep an eye out for us since Tak-goo is a kid with the appeal that he will never lose.' But those were empty echos. And such thoughts that I had back then overlapped with when we had our wrap-up party. I didn't know there were so many actors in our drama. I had said 'Please believe in us' with almost no confidence at the press conference but it turns out that we achieved a myth thanks to all of these great people who helped and led the drama on. So I wanted to show everybody who had those questions. That they might have been looking only at me but that they now finally probably notice all these other people as well. "Bread, Love and Dreams" may have done well but I don't think anyone would regard me as the main character of a drama which reached viewership ratings of 50 percent. I'm still an actor with room for risk. But I think that because I'm that weak, the characters who support me can stand out more. I think it serves as the motivation for me to keep moving forward with them. So I like having that weakness about me.

2010100801031344891_2.jpg

10: Well you said you received a lot of help from people around you but I wonder whether there has been a newcomer actor who clashes and conflicts so violently against seniors like Jeon Gwang-ryeol and Jeon In-hwa like you have done?

Yoon: I'm very positive-minded and also clueless. When we first tried reading our scripts together, the director and writer said they were surprised because I sat between the two (actors) and started acting between them. I didn't think much about it but it turns out they were thinking, 'He must not be afraid.' But I didn't feel any pressure from them. I just wanted to learn.

10: And how did they respond to that?

Yoon: Jeon said he thought, "Ah, this kid is really a hard worker." I lost my voice after we rehearsed that day. So he told me, "I know you're trying hard but what you need to do is loosen up." It was the same with Jeon. Her character always clashes so much with Tak-goo. But even right after she says mean lines to me while she's acting, she'd say, "Oh, good job good job" right after the director gives the cut sign so there was no reason I'd be nervous. She treated me so well.

10: What sort of influence do you think your experience on working on this drama have on your next role?

Yoon: Like I said before, the heart to love even my own weaknesses. I not have even more of the confidence to admit to who I am and be more of a team player. Because I know I can't make it alone.

10: It seems like you'll maintain that attitude even when you become a star.

Yoon: Of course. They say that the smartest people are the ones that know they are dumb. And I definitely want to become a strong person so that's even more of why I want to become someone who humbly acknowledges his weaknesses and utilizes them. I'm not the type of person who is good at looking out for others nor with the appeal to draw in people. The one thing -- that I won't lie and ask for help sincerely. And people will be helping me because they know how I feel so I can't become arrogant. They're coming to me not because I'm a great person but because they love my heart so I can't let my heart change.

[iNTERVIEW] Actor Yoon Si-yoon - Part 3

2010100811325606329_1.jpg

10: But you sometimes play your roles with an appeal of a main character at star level.

Yoon: I think roles are about harmonizing. And I actually still don't know that well so I'm telling you based on the fact that I think my senior actors are the answer. Everything needs to harmonize. I sometimes need to let go of what's my own. Of course I could raise ratings by having me stand out in a certain way. But when a drama's over, I think there's nothing worse than when all people remember is the main character, if after a movie you say 'Oh, it was a Yoon Si-yoon film.' That means that person is a celebrity not an actor. I could have gotten into shape by working out and showing a more sophisticated Tak-goo but that's not him. Harmonizing with other is who Tak-goo is. Of all the fine array of actors who appeared in our drama, not once did one of them try to stand out. I need to learn that. There are so many people out there who try much harder than I do, yet walk to places because they can't make enough money even for transportation. I'm being rude to them if I obsess over acting that makes me look cool.

10: It seems like you are quite the unpretentious person.

Yoon Si-yoon: I've only played two roles so far but have had so many mentors. There are many people who tell me how I should live as an actor. Nobody tries to put false ideas into my head.

10: I think that could only be possible if you loving living an ordinary life.

Yoon: I really do spend my time ordinarily. I'm a very boring person. I like meeting up with people around me to talk with them. Right now as well, I'm not happy because I've been receiving so much love but because people around me can happily enjoy themselves through this. Can it get any better? I can ride in a large and comfortable car, talk about my schedule and talk about my work. And while papers on self-development say that one should have big dreams, I think I must be someone who doesn't have the capacity to because after working hard, I like to spend at least an hour drinking beer with my friends. And I'm working hard because that's what I'm trying to protect.

10: I think that's why you're particularly thankful of your fans. You write on your fan cafe as well.

Yoon: I'm very sorry. I haven't been able to do that these days because I've been so busy. I should have written to them after "Bread, Love and Dreams" ended its run but I haven't been able to do that. I think I'll get to only by the time I'm done with these interviews.

10: You said you live an ordinary life but not everyone likes to write.

Yoon: I think I live my life doing all the boring things. I really do. Like I like watching sports rather than playing them.

2010100811325606329_3.jpg

10: I heard you like baseball.

Yoon: I'm a huge fan of baseball. If you like baseball, you're automatically on my side and my person. That's how much I love it. The one day of the year that I have severe depression is the day baseball ends, the day of the finals for the Korean series. I feel very empty. I truly think, 'How do I live?' And then I feel like I can breathe again when it's April.

10: What is it about baseball that you like so much?

Yoon: Baseball is about defense. That's why I like it. Defense plays a much larger role in baseball, about 90 to 10. And they say while offense may be innate, defense is all about how much training you do. That's why I feel much more affinity to people who are good at defense.

10: Would you call yourself a hard worker as well?

Yoon: I want to be. I'm not yet but I'll become one.

10: And you'll need to work hard to play roles that are heroes or villains, not characters that are close to who you are like Joon-hyuk or Tak-goo.

Yoon: It could come from hard work but I think what's ultimately important is your love for your character. You need to become as close as you can to the character to deliver your character to the audience persuasively. If you were a genius actor, you could create your character with perfection but I'm not, so if I like the character I'm supposed to play and feel that I want to play the role soon, then I'll gradually become that character since that's where I'll have kept on turning my attention to. I think I'd gradually become that character if I keep thinking about his characteristics and try to see how he feels.

10: Then let me change the question. Do you think you'd be able to love any sort of character?

Yoon: But I think that's an issue of time. I think there'll be characters that take a long time to fall in love with. Even with people, there are times when you fall in love with them immediately but also those you love after a couple of years.

10: But your work requires you to finish what you do within a limited time-frame.

Yoon: I think the senior actors are skilled enough to utilize that time efficiently but I don't know how to do that yet. I need to look at it more on a long-term perspective.

10: I get that you want to hold your ground, that you love ordinary things and that you want to become a good actor. But isn't there still something that you want to achieve? Outside of becoming a star.

Yoon: There is. And it's actually something so great that people may think it's ridiculous but I mean it. I want to become the keyword for hope. It could be about becoming the promotional ambassador of a famous volunteer group or someone who can be influential in both inside and outside Korea in good ways. And I want to act with that energy so that I could become someone whose acting can be believable and trusted. Someone who comes off as the type to take part in good deeds and give hope to people with just a few words, rather than someone who advertisers are charmed by. It's a really big dream. I really want to become that person.

10asia.co.kr