Law Of Ueki

Guest ch00k

Guest ch00k

<3 Anime~Hey, anyone watch "Law of Ueki"? It's about a boy who can use trash to turn it into trees~ image
TheLawofUekifull193978.jpg
Yeah, anime's always weird like this...>_>"
Plot:

The story starts out with the Battle of the Supernatural Powers, a tournament to decide who will be the next god of The Celestial World (rendered as God Candidates in the Animax version[2] and Kami (天界人) in the Japanese version).

Each candidate (100 in total) is required to choose a junior high school student to act as their fighter. The student is given a unique power and told to eliminate as many enemies as possible. The winning God Candidate will become The New God of Heaven and the winning student will receive the Blank Zai (or talent), a talent that can be anything they choose.

While this leads many students to thoughts of greed and selfishness, Kosuke Ueki decides to take it upon himself to win this tournament to keep that power away from those that would abuse such a gift.

Volumes: 16 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3755

Published by: Viz

Anime Episodes: 51

45629imgcache.png

law-of-ueki-law-of-friends-wallpaper.jpg

the_law_of_ueki.jpg

i love this anime. it sounds weird at first, coz what sort of power is turning trash into trees. but when you start to watch it, you'll love the plot and love Ueki's Justice :) UEKI!!!!!

• 2 months later...
Guest knockblock

A guy who can turn trash to trees. I hope this isn't something phony. More info about this if anyone can.

Junior High School student Ueki Kosuke has a strange ability: he can turn anything that he believes to be garbage into a tree. This ability was given to him by his homeroom teacher, a man named Kobayashi. Ueki manages to keep his ability a secret until one day when his classmate, Hori Ai, finds out about it. .Hori initially had been following him in order to debunk his true character, but begins to help him when she sees the sacrifice he must make to use his talent..

Ueki soon finds himself embroiled in a battle of 100 participants, one of which is his teacher, Kobayashi. Each of the participants in the tournament must choose a champion from their students and give them a special ability, as Kobayashi had to Ueki. The abilities that were chosen, such as the skill to turn a towel into iron, give the student receiving it a better chance of winning the tournament. The participants in the tournament must then make their student champions fight each other. Whoever student wins will become the next "god", and. his student will receive a "blank ability" that can become any ability at all..

Law of Ueki was OK, but the ending was rather rushed. I enjoyed it, but not on a level of where I'd rush out to buy the DVDs. Heck, I didn't even burn the episodes to watch later. It's just another fighting genre anime that throws its plehtora of characters with unusual abilities into a tournament that will determine the fate of the world.

• 1 year later...
Guest Soulistice

I really liked it as well.

TRASH IS NOT USELESS!

As that one quote goes .."One's trash is another man's treasure."

And it was cool how he stuck to his initiatives.

Archived