• Director: Choi Hyeong-Hun
  • Writer: Ha Myung-Hee
  • Network: SBS
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: June 8, 2015 --
  • Runtime: Monday & Tuesday 21:55
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Jang Yoon-Ha is the youngest daughter of a chaebol (family owned conglomeration). Even though her family is extremely wealthy, she holds a part-time job at a food market. She hides her background as an heiress and attempts to find a man that loves her for herself.

Meanwhile, Yoon Na’s manager is Choi Joon Ki (Sung Joon), a man who is determined to succeed to leave his destitute upbringing behind him. He even begins to think that marrying a well-connected woman will finally give him the lifestyle he desperately seeks. In her job, Yoon Na makes fast friends with her co-worker, Lee Ji Yi (Im Ji Yun), and also meets Yoo Chang Soo (Park Hyung shik), the heir to the mall conglomerate where the food market is located. Chang Soo is very accustomed to his well-to-do lifestyle and enjoys having women fawn all over him because of his wealth. That’s why he is intrigued by Yoon Na’s complete lack of interest in him.

Will Yoon Na be able to find true love, or will she learn that money and love can’t be separated as easily as she had hoped?

Notes

1. "High Society" takes over the SBS Monday & Tuesday 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "Heard It Through the Grapevine" and will be replaced by "Mrs. Cop" August, 2015.
  2. Actress Moon Geun-Young and actor Park Seo-Joon were offered the lead roles, but declined the offers. Park Seo-Joon appears in supporting roles in two films ("The Chronicles of Evil" and "Beauty Inside") and opted to spend time promoting those films.
  3. Early working title was "Chaebolui Ddal" ("Chaebol's Daughter") then changed to "True Romance" and then changed to "Sangryusawhe" ("High Society").
  4. First script reading took place May 7, 2015 at SBS Production Center in Ilsan, South Korea.

Cast

High Society-Uee.jpgHigh Society-Sung Joon.jpgHigh Society-Park Hyung-Sik.jpgHigh Society-Lim Ji-Yeon.jpg
UeeSung JoonPark Hyung-SikLim Ji-Yeon
Jang Yoon-HaChoi Joon-KiYoo Chang-SooLee Ji-Yi

Jang Yoon Ha's family
Choi Joon Ki's family
Others
  • Choi Yong Min as Butler Hong (early 60s)
  • ?? as Chief Kim (late 40s)

Drama Posters

raUf90s.jpg

cGFwWxX.jpg

uzMrl6X.jpg

sylJCAV.jpg

High_Society-tp.jpg

Cr: dramabeans

Character Posters

zC3LQyX.jpg  

zYFqi7T.jpg

i6LioWp.jpg

iNypo6Z.jpg

Cr: dramabeans

Trailers

Presscon Pics - see pages 12-17

Y3izKO3.jpg

Relationship Chart (translation by @emme85)

z1qOpdl.jpg

Ratings:

DateEpTNmSTNmSAGBAGB
  NationwideSeoulNationwideSeoul
2015-06-0816.77.67.3 (20th)7.7 (18th)
2015-06-0926.98.4 (17th)7.0 (20th)7.6 (18th)
2015-06-1536.78.8 (18th)7.7 (18th)9.1 (15th)
2015-06-1646.98.8 (15th)8.2 (16th)9.9 (10th)
2015-06-2257.6 (19th)9.5 (13th)9.1 (12th)10.4 (7th)
2015-06-2367.8 (19th)10.2 (10th)9.8 (8th)11.3 (6th)
2015-06-2977.18.2 (18th)9.1 (13th)10.9 (5th)
2015-06-3087.6 (20th)9.4 (15th)8.9 (17th)9.8 (11th)
2015-07-0697.39.3 (14th)9.4 (12th)10.9 (5th)
2015-07-07107.09.3 (12th)9.2 (12th)10.2 (6th)
2015-07-13117.39.6 (14th)9.4 (13th)10.5 (8th)
2015-07-14127.8 (16th)10.5 (7th)9.6 (9th)10.4 (5th)
2015-07-20137.49.1 (14th)9.5 (13th)10.7 (8th)
2015-07-21148.3 (16th)10.3 (11th)9.8 (12th)10.7 (7th)
2015-07-27158.4 (13th)10.2 (9th)9.7 (11th)10.7 (9th)
2015-07-28168.7 (14th)11.2 (7th)10.1 (9th)11.1 (5th)

Official Subbing Sites:

Viki - http://www.viki.com/tv/27124c-high-society-aka-true-romance

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

All photos are property of SBS Hub Ltd. 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest missnona

class="titleNews"ZE:A′s Park Hyung Sik Confirmed as Male Lead for ′Chaebol′s Daughter′

ZE:A′s Park Hyung Sik has been confirmed as the male lead of drama Chaebol′s Daughter.

A drama affiliate said in a phone conversation with Newsen on April 9, "Park Hyung Sik has been cast for SBS′ Monday-Tuesday drama Chaebol′s Daughter. We will be working out the details from here on out."

ZE:A′s Park Hyung Sik Confirmed as Male Lead for ′Chaebol′s Daughter′

Park Hyung Sik will play the director of a department store, who despite his upper class background falls for an average girl.

Park Hyung Sik gained recognition as an actor through 2013 SBS drama The Heirs and KBS 2TV′s What′s With This Family. Chaebol′s Daughter will mark Park Hyung Sik′s debut as a lead actor.

Meanwhile, Chaebol′s Daughter will air following I Heard It Through the Grapevine.

Guest missnona

Am really so sad now, while i was writing this thread i put both Moon Geun Young and Park Seo Joon in cast but they're decline the offer
Just when are you going to comeback MGY?!! when when when?
Anyway, this drama caught my attention so gonna check it out to see if it's good.

htm_20150409141134c010c011_99_2015040914

Article: [Exclusive] Park Hyung Shik confirmed as lead for The Chaebol's Daughter

Source
: Ilgan Sports via Naver

1. [+3,069, -55] Kwanghee dislikes this article.

2. [+2,888, -453] I don't think he's lead material yet...

3. [+2,119, -44] Star Empire seems more like an acting agency than a singing agency since that's where they make a difference in

4. [+296, -29] I bet Park Seo Jun will be the lead and he'll be more like a sub

5. [+243, -9] If it's Park Seo Jun and Moon Geun Young with Park Hyung Shik, I bet Park Hyung Shik will be the role that has a crush on her 

6. [+257, -75] He doesn't even have that much experience, why would he get a lead so suddenly;;;

7. [+169, -3] I think he'll be a sub since the article also says Moon Geun Young and Park Seo Jun are considering their castings as well

8. [+188, -34] ㅎㅎㅎ Lead already..? I like him but... already??? ㅎㅎ
201504091453771172_5526145088889_99_2015

ArticleMoon Geun Young declines Chaebol's Daughter casting

Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+101, -9] Ironic timing how she declines as soon as Park Hyung Shik confirms his role...

2. [+81, -15] Park Hyung Shik's the lead? Good decision on her part ㅋㅋ

3. [+71, -10] She probably saw that Hyung Shik confirmed his role and didn't feel that he was up to her level so she declined it

4. [+71, -16] It sounds like an obvious chaebol drama anyway, good on her for declining it

5. [+26, -3] I'm still upset that she declined 'Moon That Embraces...' because she didn't think Kim Soo Hyun was up to her level.. the drama hit daebak and now Kim Soo Hyun's a top star while Moon Geun Young's in a rut. This drama sounds like fail anyway, I'm glad she declined it.

6. [+24, -6] I'd decline it too if an idol was my co-star... This will be Moon Geun Young's first work in a while and he's obviously not up to her level

7. [+25, -13] No way someone like Park Seo Jun would be up to her standards
source: netizenbuzz

I would like to thank you for opening up this thread! :) When i first saw this article that will be lead by Park Seo Jun and Moon Geun Young, i was excited much since i've been waiting for MGY to make her comeback... and as i'm a bias for Park Hyung Sik, i would like to see him to pair up with MGY.. oh that was just sad to learn that MGY already dropped the role...

@missnona, thank you for starting up this thread.   I thought the world of this production team in "One Kind Word", and I certainly look forward to their new project.

I was sad that Han Groo and Park Seo-Joon declined. I loved them together in One Warm Word, and was hoping they will be reunited in this drama, from the same team.

Now, MGY declined... Let's see whom they will pick next..

I am glad that Park Hyung-Shik is getting his role here.

Hyung Sik to land his first leading role on ground-wave TV, in 'A Chaebol's Daughter'

photo582592.jpg

ZE:A - Children of Empire member, Hyung Sik has been confirmed to appear in SBS drama, "A Chaebol's Daughter".

On April 9th, his agency Star Empire Entertainment said, "Hyung Sik has been confirmed to appear in 'A Chaebol's Daughter.

SBS' new Monday & Tuesday drama, "A Chaebol's Daughter" is a love story between a woman, who is looking for a man who can love her although she is not wealthy, and an indigent man, who thinks love is simply a tool that the ruling class uses in order to control the people under them. Director Choi Yeong-hoonand writer Ha Myeong-hee of "Kind Words" met again to create this new drama,

Hyung Sik will play the youngest son from a chaebol family, who grew up like a flower in a pot and never had to go through a mediocre chores growing up. He will fall in love with a part time student employee who works in banchan corner in a food market. This is his first leading role in ground-wave TV drama.

It is scheduled to be aired in June after the completion of 'Heard It Through the Grapevine'.

Source: Hancinema

Chaebol’s Daughter loses Moon-Park pairing, gains Park Hyung-shik

ParkHyungShik1.jpg

There’s been a casting change-up for SBS’s new melodrama Chaebol’s Daughter, which was initially courting Park Seo-joon (Kill Me, Heal Me) to play the leading man andMoon Geun-young (Goddess of Fire Jung-yi) to play the titular heroine. Now reps from both actors’ camps have declared that they’re passing on the roles, which leaves the drama without a leading cast.

Read full article on Dramabeans

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 40px 0.1em 0px; vertical-align: baseline; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 19.747200012207px; clear: both; color: rgb(0, 0, 85); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"SBS Looks for New Leads as Both Moon Geun Young and Park Seo Joon Decline Chaebol’s Daughter

oko.jpg

I hope SBS didn’t snigger too much when it saw the casting woes lately over on MBC with bothScholar Who Walks the Night and Feeling Good and Warm and also befalling KBS withWho Are You: School 2015. If SBS felt like gloating then it’s time for some humble pie as karma just arrived to smack upcoming SBS Mon-Tues drama Chaebol’s Daughter (True Romance).  What else to call it other than a wake up slap of sorts when both leads in talks for the drama decline their offers on the same news day. Moon Geun Young and Park Seo Joonhave both passed on this drama, leaving the production starting the lead search all over again.

Read more on Koala's Playground

What a different look for Hyang Sik...

Upcoming Korean drama "A Chaebol's Daughter"

photo583467.jpg

Updated : Moon Geun-young and Park Seo-joon have declined their particaption to the drama.

Added the upcoming Korean drama "A Chaebol's Daughter"'s page to HanCinema database

"A Chaebol's Daughter" (2015)

Directed by Choi Yeong-hoon

Written by Ha Myeong-hee

Network : SBS

With Hyung Sik

Mon, Tue 22:00
Synopsis
A love story between a woman, who is looking for a man who can love her although she is not wealthy, and an indigent man, who thinks love is simply a tool that the ruling class uses in order to control the people under them.

Source: Hancinema

• 2 weeks later...

Good news everyone...

Viki already has a page for it.

http://www.viki.com/tv/27124c-true-romance-a-chaebols-daughter

Please make sure to favorite it, and also submit a title request for

class="video-title mtn" data-block-track="containerLink" style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: Roboto, 'Helvetica Neue', 'Lucida Grande', Helvetica, Arial, 'Liberation Sans', Freesans, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 500; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: normal; font-size: 24px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(77, 77, 77); letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(244, 245, 245);"True Romance / A Chaebol's Daughter - 재벌의 딸
https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

I hope he accepts...

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 40px 0.1em 0px; vertical-align: baseline; word-wrap: break-word; font-size: 19.747200012207px; clear: both; color: rgb(0, 0, 85); font-family: 'Lucida Grande', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; text-decoration: none; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Sung Joon Offered the Male Lead in SBS Drama Chaebol’s Daughter

ilsis1.jpg

The prospects is starting to look up again for upcoming SBS drama Chaebol’s Daughter (True Romance). After offering the leads to Moon Geun Young and Park Seo Joon but not landing either of them, the production is starting from scratch again to find the titular chaebol’s daughter and her poor plucky true love. I’d say the disappointment of not getting a promising young actor like Park Seo Joon is cushioned now that another promising young actor Sung Joon is in talks for the male lead.

When I heard Sung Joon is considering Chaebol’s Daughter, part of me wonders if SBS is rewarding him for the thankless role he did the best he could as the second male lead antagonist in Hyde, Jekyll, Me. I have no problem with Sung Joon finally stepping up to a prime time drama male lead, the key with him is playing a character that suits his aura. He’s young, has the rebellious intense streak, and his last two drama roles playing doctors in Discovery of Love and Hyde were both wrong for him. If he takes this role of a cynical self-made man from a poor background, it sounds like a step in the right direction.

ilsis.jpg

I find it ironic that a drama called Chaebol’s Daughter is close to landing both male leads first before finding the female lead. Park Hyung Sik has already signed on as the other male lead, a male version of the chaebol’s daughter in that he’s rich and always gets his way, while Sung Joon’s character is the other end of the spectrum in growing up with all the indignities of a poor background. Chaebol’s Daughter still has some time to complete the casting as it doesn’t premiere until June after Heard it Through the Grapevine.

Source: Koala's Playground

Sung Joon offered lead in Chaebol’s Daughter

sungjoon_64.jpg

Now that the first set of potential leads have passed on SBS’s Chaebol’s Daughter (that would be Moon Geun-young and Park Seo-joon), the drama’s out to court more actors, and Sung Joon (Hyde, Jekyll, Me) is currently considering the leading role.

Read more on Dramabeans

Hi @joojanah, I also hope he accepts it...   :)

I can't even think of  a female lead before I know more of her role.  I think pretty much all we know is that she is a chaebol's daughter pretending to be from lower class, in hope of finding a man who loves her for herself and not her family and money.

From what I understand this production team's previous drama was based on real notes of couple counseling/divorce counseling. It was very emotional drama.

Chaebol's Daughter, on the face of it, does not sound anything like it, but I almost expect from this writer to produce something pretty emotional nonetheless..

Hi~
I am looking forward for this drama since my Sung Joon will be here ^^
he became a SBS baby boy ^^
I hope they will announce the female lead and they shall hire the good female actress not only face but skill as an actrees :D

Hello everyone :) Sung Joon has confirmed! YAY!
P3xUfcd.png

So that makes 2 male leads confirmed. 
GOlxLrN.jpg
SOURCE
But where is/are the female lead(s)? If only Han Groo and Park Seo Joon didn't turn down this script...they could have been good...if only....AISH. This writernim did a great job with ONE WARM WORD, and I have faith that she will churn out another winning script. 
I was actually hoping to see casting of more seasoned, more gravitas big names...But the first confirmation brought me down a notch in my expectation...though still excited for more good news.  
Let's see who ends up taking the female lead role.That's the deciding factor of whether this project will make or break at the get-go. 
Praying for a positive!

jadecloud said:
Hello everyone :) Sung Joon has confirmed! YAY!
So that makes 2 male leads confirmed. SOURCE
But where is/are the female lead(s)? If only Han Groo and Park Seo Joon didn't turn down this script...they could have been good...if only....AISH. This writernim did a great job with ONE WARM WORD, and I have faith that she will churn out another winning script. 
I was actually hoping to see casting of more seasoned, more gravitas big names...But the first confirmation brought me down a notch in my expectation...though still excited for more good news.  
Let's see who ends up taking the female lead role.That's the deciding factor of whether this project will make or break at the get-go. 
Praying for a positive!

Sung Joon would be the first lead, PHS is supposed to be the 2nd lead chaebol.

Hyung Sik will play the youngest son from a chaebol family, who grew up like a flower in a pot and never had to go through a mediocre chores growing up. 

Archived