Nathan Ngai
Quinn Ho
William Chak
Eddie Pang
Joe Junior
Carat Cheung
Stephen Hyunh

Synopsis:
Besides inheriting his father's social club, Joe Ma is also a mediator who often uses unusual methods to resolve conflicts between people. In one particular divorce case, he meets Kate Tsui. After her divorce, Kate and her sister Tracy Chu, who has social anxiety, temporarily moves in with their cousin Elena Kong. She soon discovers that her ex-husband's mistress lives in the same building. Because Joe frequently visits the building, she mistakenly believes that he colluded with the mistress to take over her and her ex-husband's apartment. In order to get revenge, she goes to work at a law firm where Joe's childhood friend Johnson Lee also works. As a result, she has more opportunities to interact with Joe and slowly begins to realize the tireless work that he has done to resolve her divorce case. They settle their rivalry and start to develop mutual trust. Kate is even influenced by Joe to take a mediation course, where she learns how to be considerate towards others. Just as their relationship is improving, Kate's ex-husband suddenly reappears. At the same time, Johnson accidentally finds new evidence that allows the murderer of Joe's father to be released. Everyone's lives, beliefs and relationships are suddenly dealt a big blow...

Credit miriamfanz

Previews:

OSTs:
Johnson Lee and Justin Lo - Speak

Additional Links:
Coming soon...

SOOMPI RULES OF CONDUCT
Don't post any requests for subs.
Anything unrelated to the drama character/plot is considered spamming. 
Don't quote images.
01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.
02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.
03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.
04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 
05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

Joe Ma: Smooth Talker will be my last TVB series temporarily

joema.jpg
joema1.jpg
(Picture, from left to right: Tracy Chu, Joe Ma, Kate Tsui, Johnson Lee, Jacqueline Wong)

Artiste, Joe Ma (馬德鐘), Kate Tsui (徐子珊), Tracy Chu (朱千雪), Jacqueline Wong (黃心穎), Johnson Lee (李思捷) and others attended the promotion activity for new series, Smooth Talker (以和為貴), in Sha Tian (沙田). On the stage, the lion group team seemed to have some arguments and Joe Ma immediately assumed his role as negotiator in the series and managed to calm them down. The scene was indeed amusing.

Joe expressed this will be his last TVB series temporarily and hope it will achieve ratings of 30 pts and above. He said: "All my previous series hit 30 pts and my last series will have the same result. It is a comedy series and my role has some breakthrough as well."

Invested in eatery shop

Joe disclosed he returned from Shenzhen not long ago and attended the opening ceremony of an eatery shop invested by him and his friends from other industry. He said: "This is my first time to invest in food business. I love to eat and hope to open Hong Kong eatery shop in Mainland China. (Tend the shop personally?) Not necessarily but might pop down at times. (Open branch in Mainland China?) Depends on the plan. (Open a store in Hong Kong?) Let's see the situation first."

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan @ Asian E-News Portal

• 3 weeks later...

New series, Smooth Talker: Kate Tsui, Jacqueline Wong, Elena Kong and Carat Cheung attended the promotion campaign

news5.jpg
news6.jpg
news7.jpg
news8.jpg
news9.jpg
news10.jpg
A group of female artistes, Kate Tsui (徐子珊), Jacqueline Wong (黃心穎) and Elena Kong (江美儀) attended the promotion campaign of new series, Smooth Talker (以和為貴) in Hang Hau (坑口) and it could be perceived they did not care about their images at all. In order to win the game, they 'threw' away their images and ate the buns quickly and the worst was Elena Kong. She paired up together with Johnson Lee and it became an amusing scene when he tried to stuff the bun into Elena's mouth, and almost could not see her eyeballs.

During an interview, Kate Tsui disclosed that her head was covered with the oversized bra threw by the mistress, Carat Cheung (張名雅) in the series. She said: "In the series, the mistress was drying her clothes upstairs and her oversized bra dropped onto my head. (What is the effects?) Very amusing." Kate added she was promoting TVB series in Cambodia earlier and was treated like a royalty: "At the airport, somebody closed the door for me and the police opened up the road along the way. (Terrified by the passionate fans?) Nope and they gave me handcrafted gifts. The most exaggerating was they gave me mineral water which was covered by my photo. They are very thoughtful indeed." Kate revealed she will be wearing bikini to film advertisement shortly and when asked if she had time for dating due to her hectic work schedule, Kate said: "I definitely have time for dating upon meeting my Mr Right."

Carat Cheung also attended the same campaign. When asked about acting as mistress whom needed to wear skimpy sport attire frequently in the series, she replied she was afraid of showing her tummy: "The filming did not take place in sequence. Once I realised I needed to wear sport attire after eating boxed lunch and was afraid of showing my tummy." Asked if she was worried of classified into 'mistress' category, Carat expressed she was worried initially but did not mind sexier performance: "I am scared at first but not many people hate me after the filming after all. (Consider sexier performance?) Yes, wearing bikini at the swimming pool or beach is fine with me even if the script requires it."

Source: ON.CC (1)ON.CC (2) & ON.CC (3)

Source: WacowTranslated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (03/30/2015 - 04/05/2015)
Dramas Smooth Talker - 以和為貴 (EPS 1-5) - 25 PTS
Romantic Repertoire - 水髮胭脂 - 24 PTS
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 735-739) - 22 PTS 
Variety Shows Street Sorcerers 3 - 至尊街頭魔法王 - 21 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS
Sunday Songbird - Sunday靚聲王 - 17 PTS
Festival a la Stars - 明星爱厨房 - 16 PTS
Sze You Tonight - 今晚睇你 - 14 PTS
What's Daddy 2 - 萬里尋爸2 - 8 PTS
(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

Source: WacowTranslated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (04/06/2015 - 04/12/2015)
Dramas Smooth Talker - 以和為貴 (EPS 6-10) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS)
Romantic Repertoire - 水髮胭脂 (EPS 6-10) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 740-744) - 23 PTS 
Variety Shows Street Sorcerers 3 - 至尊街頭魔法王 - 22 PTS
Festival a la Stars - 明星爱厨房 - 20 PTS
Sunday Songbird - Sunday靚聲王 - 19 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS
Sze You Tonight - 今晚睇你 - 17 PTS
What's Daddy 2 - 萬里尋爸2 - 10 PTS

Source: Wacow Translated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (04/13/2015 - 04/19/2015)
Dramas Smooth Talker - 以和為貴 (EPS 11-15) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS)
Romantic Repertoire - 水髮胭脂 (EPS 11-15) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 745-749) - 23 PTS 
Variety Shows 34th Hong Kong Film Awards Ceremony - 第三十四屆香港電影金像獎頒獎典禮 - 23 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)
Telling Maria 3 - 最佳男主角 - 20 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS
What's Daddy 2 - 萬里尋爸2 - 10 PTS

Johnson Lee will get angry if Jacqueline Wong calls him 'uncle'? Kate Tsui eats simple meal and easy to maintain?

news13.jpg
(Picture, from left to right: Jacqueline Wong, Johnson Lee)

news14.jpg
news15.jpg
news16.jpg
(Picture, from left to right: Joe Ma, Kate Tsui)

Artiste Jacqueline Wong (黃心穎) attended the dinner function of the series, Smooth Talker (以和為貴) and when mentioned about Johnson Lee (李思捷) and her rumours, she denied about the romance and admitted they were friends only. She disclosed that they did not feel embarrassed and had no intention of wooing each other.

When asked if she disliked to date 'uncle', Jacqueline said: "I am unsure about our age gap and he will get angry if I called him 'uncle'. At most, I can accept man aged around 50 years old." She also revealed there were 5 men from other industry wooing her currently but did not really like them. As such, Jacqueline placed the career as her top priority.

Kate Tsui (徐子珊) also attended the same dinner function and hoped that the series will achieve ratings around 27 to 28 pts. When mentioned that her nose was injured while playing basketball with Tommy Wong earlier, Kate replied she returned home to apply ice on her nose and nothing serious now. Asked that Tommy expressed he will support her for a lifetime, Kate said: "I am fine now after 2 or 3 days and the bruise disappeared too. But Tommy cannot treat nothing happen and I eat simple meal anyway."

Source: ON.CC (1) & ON.CC (2)

Joe Ma rather chose to buy property than invested in shares

news3.jpg
news5.jpg
Artiste Joe Ma (馬德鐘) attended the dinner function of the series, Smooth Talker (以和為貴) and when mentioned the reviews was not bad, he admitted that he was worried about the ratings initially as the audiences might not like to watch comedy series. Fortunately, the effects related to the ending was very good. When asked about the stock market was having commotion lately and if he purchased any shares, Joe said: "I am not familiar with shares as there is risks. (Buy property?) Too expensive and need to save money first. But it is considered safer as people need to live in flat after all."

Source: ON.CC (HK)

Source: Wacow 
Translated by: Chloe.C  

TVB Ratings Report (04/20/2015 - 04/26/2015)

Dramas 
Smooth Talker - 以和為貴 (EPS 16-20 END) - 25 PTS

Romantic Repertoire - 水髮胭脂 (EPS 16-20) - 24 PTS

Romantic Repertoire FINALE - 水髮胭脂大結局 (EP 21 END) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS) *AIRED ON SUNDAY

The Empress of China - 武則天 (EP 01) - 23 PTS (Peaking at 24 PTS) *AIRED ON SUNDAY

Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 750-754) - 22 PTS 

Variety Shows 
Neighbourhood Gourmet 3 - 街坊廚神舌戰新台韓 - 20 PTS (Peaking at 22 PTS)

Telling Maria 3 - 最佳男主角 - 20 PTS

Sze You Tonight - 今晚睇李 - 18 PTS (Peaking at 20 PTS)

Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS

What's Daddy 2 - 萬里尋爸2 - 11 PTS

Archived