DIRECTOR: Lee Seung-Young
WRITER: Lee Yoo-Jin
TV NETWORK: OCN
EPISODES: 10
RELEASE DATE: 28 March 2015- 30 May 2015
RUNTIME: Saturdays 23:00 previously occupied by Dr. Frost
OST: 김윤아 (Kim Yuna) - 자각몽 (Feat. 올티) [Lucid Dream (Feat. Olltii)]   LINK

PLOT
The story will revolve around a unique case investigated by Kil Su Hyun/Gil Soo-hyun (Kim Kang-Woo, a highly-gifted forensic investigator who graduated from Harvard and has FBI experience, and Oh Dae Young(Park Hee-Soon) , a veteran detective with 20 years of experience who uses intuition and his personal connections to solve cases. Soompi

Gil Soo-Hyun (Kim Kang-Woo) is extremely intelligent. At the age of 10, Gil Soo-Hyun attended Harvard University. After graduating there, he decided to work at the FBI and worked there for 10 years. Afterwards, he decided to come back to South Korea. He now works as the leader of the Special Missing Persons Unit. The unit deals with about 1% of special missing cases involving violent crimes. His appearance borders on perfection, but he holds a secret.

Detective Oh Dae-Young (Park Hee-Soon) joins the Special Missing Persons Unit. He has worked as a detective for 20 years and he has an obsession in observing the law. He is known as a master of missing person cases.Asianwiki

CAST
tumblr_nhgq3i9n971sdd1ivo1_540.png
Kim Kang-Woo - Gil Soo-Hyun
Park Hee-Soon - Oh Dae-Young
Jo Bo-ah- Jin Seo-Joon
Park So-hyun- medical examiner
Kim Kyu-Cheol - Director Park Jung-Do
Kang Ha-Neul - (ep.1-2)

Watching: Viki http://www.viki.com/tv/26660c-missing-noir-m

Teasers/ Trailers
Teaser 1

Teaser 2

Teaser 3

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Kang-woo and Park Hee-soon up for OCN’s next crime thriller by girlfriday | December 31, 2014 | 19 Comments
KimKangWoo_ParkHeeSoon1.jpg

The good news is that Kim Kang-woo (Golden Cross) is already scoping out his next drama project, and it’s likely going to be cable network OCN’s newest thriller opposite Park Hee-soon (All About My Romance). Naturally it’s another gritty crime procedural — it is OCN after all — called Special Missing Persons Task Force M (it’s a mouthful, which is why it’s going by the shorter title M). The drama comes from the production team behind the TEN franchise… which is where the bad news comes in: This means that TEN 3 gets backburnered for another indefinite period of time. Sorry, TEN fans.

The new series from PD Lee Seung-young (TEN, TEN 2) is a mystery thriller about two polar opposite detectives forced to work together on a special task force, leading to an explosive rivalry. Well with two strong film actors bringing their laser-eye intensity with them, it should be exactly that. Kim Kang-woo has been cast as the Harvard-educated, former-FBI agent, geeeeeeeenius detective (of course he is), while Park Hee-soon has been cast as the high-school graduate veteran cop who goes with his gut.

Full article: Dramabeans

class="content-title" Kim Kang Woo and Park Hee Soon Are Strong Candidates for Leads in New Detective Drama streamside December 30, 2014
Kim Kang Woo and Park Hee Soon Are Strong Candidates for Leads in New Detective Drama

A new detective drama is in the works at OCN, tentatively titled “Special Missing Persons Task-force M.” Actors Kim Kang Woo and Park Hee Soon are said to be strong candidates for lead roles on the show.

According to a source from the show, Kim Kang Woo is the top candidate for the role of FBI agent Kil Su Hyun while Park Hee Soon is under consideration for the role of Oh Dae Young.

park hee soon

Full article: Soompi

Both Kim Kang Woo and Park Hee Soon confirmed today according to various sources. 1 2 3

Photos newsis.com
NISI20150102_0010490464_web.jpg

'
NISI20150102_0010490462_web.jpg

There are several articles in Korean about this new drama but I hope we`ll have translations. I can`t wait for this drama. I did not watch any drama of Kim Kang Woo but I know who he is. I know he is a very good actor. I love Park Hee Soon and I am so happy to see him in  a new drama. His character seems awesome too. I will love this detectives duo . :x

• 4 weeks later...

Jo Boa cast as Kim Kang-woo’s leading lady in Missing Persons Task Force by girlfriday | January 28, 2015 | 12 Comments

JoBoa1.jpg

This is quite the departure for Jo Boa — the relative newbie who starred in Shut Up: Flower Boy Band and Surplus Princess is tackling a much grittier project in the new year. She’ll be joining OCN’s upcoming crime procedural Special Missing Persons Task Force M, opposite the antagonistic detective duo played by Kim Kang-woo (Golden Cross) and Park Hee-soon (All About My Romance).

Jo Boa will play a cop who’s assigned to the task force, and that’s all we’re told about her at this point. She’ll help the boys, no doubt getting stuck in the middle of their bickering, begrudging teamwork. I dunno, this may change once we find out more about her character, but so far I’m more into Kim Kang-woo’s bromance with Park Hee-soon. Full article: dramabeans

I don`t know Jo Boa at all but I guess she is a good actress. She is quite young so she will play a rookie cop? It will be fun to watch how she will be a buffer between these stubborn male cops. :))

I think she will have a good role but the guys will be the center of attention. I don`t mind that, It is what made me be interested in this show in the first place, plus I like procedural dramas but when we`ll have the same dynamic duo but with women? I will LOVE to watch that. Or maybe a strong female character as the center of an investigation team? Maybe the Korean Cold Case? I hope.

Special Missing Persons Task-force M will air in March so we`ll have more news soon.

larus said: I think she will have a good role but the guys will be the center of attention. I don`t mind that, It is what made me be interested in this show in the first place, plus I like procedural dramas but when we`ll have the same dynamic duo but with women? I will LOVE to watch that. Or maybe a strong female character as the center of an investigation team? Maybe the Korean Cold Case? I hope.

Orion said: I am also hoping for the day OCN makes the female version of a show like 'Bad Guys'. A bunch of awesome ladies of all looks and ages being awesome. But this is what it is and they chose a good actress. I have only seen her in one thing, but her skills, energy and charisma are incredible for a rookie. She gave her role such life. I trust her completely until she shows me something bad, which may never happen.

I do hope the show does give her something to work with though. Not being the focus is no excuse for not writing her well enough or for problematic stereotypes. Still, I am extremely excited for this!

@larus Yeah, looks like they changed the title. And to be honest, the new title sounds really weird. It's beyond my why they wanted the word "noir" in the title.

On the other hand, the cast is shaping up nicely. I'm excited to see Park So Hyun here and Kim Kyu Cheol...this ahjusshi always plays a bad guy and I always hate him. :))

conankung said: @larus Yeah, looks like they changed the title. And to be honest, the new title sounds really weird. It's beyond my why they wanted the word "noir" in the title.

On the other hand, the cast is shaping up nicely. I'm excited to see Park So Hyun here and Kim Kyu Cheol...this ahjusshi always plays a bad guy and I always hate him. :))

Archived