[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2014] Come On, Cousin 老表,你好Hea!

sugarplum892

69102c54gw1ej3vekrkihj20f609r77e.jpg

Details:Title: 老表,你好Hea! / Lo Biu Nei Ho Hea!
English title: Come On, Cousin
Genre: Comedy, ModernEpisodes: 30Production Company: TVBProducer: Wong Wai Sing
Broadcast Date: October 20, 2014 - November 28, 2014Related Drama: Inbound Troubles 老表,你好嘢!Replacing: All That is Bitter is Sweet 大藥坊
Cast:Roger KwokJoey MengWong Cho LamIvana WongLouis CheungHins CheungAngela TongBob LamLeanne LiHins Cheung (guest star)
Synopsis:After spending years travelling in foreign countries, Roger Kwok finally returns to Hong Kong because of his father Chung King-fai's illness. His life changes forever when he meets his neighbors whom live in the same apartment building. From a supermarket labourer, he becomes a labour union representative, and then runs for office as a Legislative Council candidate. Over the years, he and his nneighborswitness the changes taking place in Hong Kong. Fighting for workers' rights, Roger has battled against wealthy heir Wong Cho Lam for many years. The fence-sitting politician Mimi Chu tries to take advantage of the situation for her own benefit, but her previous romance with a wealthy businessman is exposed. Joey Meng is Roger's first love, but her mother arranges for her to date Bob Lam instead. Roger's sister (Ivana Wong) hits many dead ends as she pursues her dream of becoming a singer. Meanwhile, her boyfriend (Louis Cheung) is willing to become involved with rich women to gain fame and money... Each person's life is a reflection of our own experiences. Regardless of wealth or political background, each family has their own problems. But for their livelihood, career, dream or love, they carry on with the undefeatable Hong Kong spirit!Credit:  miriamfanz
Previews:http://youtu.be/gzjd44mTxRg

OSTs:Louis Yuen - World Boy

Additional Links:Come On, Cousin 老表,你好Hea! Official Website
Come On, Cousin 老表,你好Hea!Viewership Ratings

TVB Anniversary, "Come On, Cousin!" airs this coming Monday; "Inbound Troubles" reunion with new story (MINOR SPOILERS)

Friday October 17, 2014 Hong Kong

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: Chloe.C

The cast and crew of TVB anniversary drama "Come On, Cousin!" is the same as the last year's hit "Inbound Troubles", with a whole new story, airing this coming Monday. The pairings are entirely new this time, with the exception of the well-received "new generation" on-screen couple, Roger Kwok and Joey Meng. Wong Cho Lam expressed that he also thinks that this couple is just too compatible, so he did not break them up. The story this time will be revolving around father-son relationships, relationships between neighbours. The cast and crew are still as strong as ever, the laughter is definitely even better than before. 

Two time TV King, Roger Kwok will be playing an enthusiastic environmentalist, leads protests to help citizens get what they want. He also ends up being a congressman. He and Wong Cho Lam are rivals. Roger Kwok has a big chance at taking TV King again with this role. In terms of love, he will continue a relationship with Joey Meng, but this time, they have to go through a lot of obstacles, and has to fight with strong love rival played by Bob. 

Shocking bed scene 

Joey Meng's character is very extreme, one side - she is like a quail, the other - she is very bad tempered. In the drama, she dates her childhood friend, Bob, set up by her mother (played by Mimi Chu). Until Roger appears and encourages her, she overcomes her psychological barriers for "oranges", and allowed her to understand herself and think about who she really loves. Afterwards, Bob falls in love with Siu Bo, Roger and Joey start dating, and after numerous obstacles, they have their happy ending. However, a "third party", Akina Hong, comes between them, and raises a red light in their marriage. In the end, they save their marriage with secret weapon, Liza Wang. 

Also, Bob (who has a Kim Jong Un look) and Siu Bo will play a pair. Their images are hilarious, and the two create a lot of comedic moments in the drama, especially the two's shocking bed scene, definitely a scene that will make the audience roar with laughter. 

Wong Cho Lam "gives up his love" for Louis Cheung

Wong Cho Lam's character in the drama is completely different compared to "Inbound Troubles". This time, he will play an vulgar rich kid, who wants his father (played by Wu Feng)'s fortune. He bullies supermarket and TV station's employees, very rude and unlikable. He also created a new "cousin accent", which many praised him for his "language ability". 

Other than deleting his own scenes and letting other characters show their talent, he even gave up "his love", Ivana Wong (from Inbound Troubles) to Louis Cheung, letting the two continue their "fate" from before. However, Cho Lam is not lonely in this drama either, as he has Siu Yee (guest star), who plays the richest family in Hong Kong, which will lead to a lot of jokes. Cho Lam said: "Actually, I really wanted to make the drama similar to the classic "All's Well, Ends Well", where there isn't really one main character. I am confident "Come On, Cousin" can do it." Ivana Wong and Louis Cheung play two characters that use Wong Cho Lam and Mary Hon to enter the entertainment industry, but their fates are entirely different. Ivana Wong's career flies high, while Louis Cheung's career gets worse and worse. He even gets ridiculed by Wong Cho Lam, who makes him film a drama and dies 7 times in one day. Wong Cho Lam laughed saying the one in the drama who stands out most must be Louis Cheung, as he strips the most in the drama. 

Ram Tsang, "Meeting now, Need we have known each other before"

"Inbound Troubles" had a plot specially revolved around Ivana Wong's song "I Really Got Hurt. This time, Wong Cho Lam used Ram Tsang as a secret weapon, using Ram and Rita Carpio's classic song "Meeting now, Need we have known each other before". He uses Ram's story to say how people often fail in the music industry. In the drama, Ram plays a musician in dire strain who has to work at a funeral, Cho Lam said: "I've always admired Ram Tsang. I think he is just missing a representative role. Ram Tsang is one of the drama's hilarious parts." 

Besides this, the drama also has many guest stars, including Liza Wang, Kenneth Ma, Johnson Lee, Eric Kwok, Grace Yip, Hanjin, Kay Tse, etc. Most of he guest stars all appear in the plot that is related to the TV station, so they will play themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

class="headline" style="font-size: 26px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Wong Cho Lam worried about the ratingsWong Cho Lam worried about the ratings

27 Oct – Wong Cho Lam may have had a sleeper hit through "Inbound Troubles" last year, but the comic actor admitted that he is worried that the ratings of the series' second instalment, "Come On, Cousin", will not be able to do as well as its predecessor.

According to HK Channel, the actor, who also wrote the script for the series, stated that the ongoing Occupy Central may have something to do with it.

"Everyone is paying attention to the news right now, so obviously the viewership ratings would be affected," said Wong.

However, Wong, who also enlisted the help of "The Greed of Man" scriptwriter Lun Man Hong to create the perfect script, said that he has tried his best and hopes that the viewers will notice the effort made by the cast and crew.

"The show is quite ironic at the moment. When I was filming the first series last year, I realised the division of Hong Kong people. But I didn't think it would have developed into this rapidly," he said.

Wong also hopes that "Come On, Cousin" will become one of TVB's classics in years to come.

(Photo source: jaynestars.com)

Source

Source: Wacow @ Blog163 Translated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (10/20/2014 - 10/26/2014)
Dramas Come On Cousin - 老表,你好hea! (EPS 1-5) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 29 PTS)
Tomorrow is Another Day - 再戰明天 (EPS 10-14) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 625-628) - 22 PTS
Tiger Cubs II - 飛虎 II (SUNDAY SERIES) (EP 02) - 22 PTS (Peaking at 24 PTS) 
Variety Shows TVB Lighting Ceremony 2014 - 創新景點 TVB邁向48年 - 20 PTS
Queen Feast - 女皇的盛宴 - 19 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS (WED TO FRI)
Guardians of Life 2 - 守護生命的故事2 - 17 PTS
The Voice 4 - 超級巨聲 4 - 15 PTS
Chef Nic - 十二道鋒味 - 13 PTS
(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"No third installment for "Inbound Troubles"No third instalment for "Inbound Troubles"

1 Nov – Wong Cho Lam recently revealed that there is no plan for him to write the third installment of the "Inbound Troubles" series.

As reported on Mingpao News, the actor, who attended the promotional event of the second installment"Come on, Cousin!" in Yau Tong on 30 October, stated that he has not thought about making another season of the same thing.

"I think that's enough for now. I want to move on and find other new topics to think about in my next work," he said.

Meanwhile, Wong also dismissed rumors saying that he had a fall out with co-star Roger Kwok on the set of the series. "Roger is very supportive of me. We even talked about working together again in another drama after this."

On the issue of "Come On, Cousin" using the theme song of ATV's hit series "My Date with a Vampire" in one of the scenes, Wong said that TVB has no qualms about it, since co-star Joey Meng was also from the rival station.

Source

TVB Ratings Report (10/27/2014 - 11/02/2014)
Dramas Come On Cousin - 老表,你好hea! (EPS 6-9) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS)
Tomorrow is Another Day - 再戰明天 (EPS 15-20) - 23 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 629-633) - 21 PTS
Tiger Cubs II - 飛虎 II (SUNDAY SERIES) (EP 03) - 22 PTS (Peaking at 23 PTS) 
Variety Shows Queen Feast - 女皇的盛宴 - 19 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 17 PTS 
The Voice 4 - 超級巨聲 4 - 15 PTS
Chef Nic - 十二道鋒味 - 11 PTS

Source: The SunTranslated by: Chloe.C
Netizens strongly request Ram Tseung to return to the music industry after his performance on "Come on, Cousin"
TVB Anniversary series, "Come On, Cousin" produced a "black horse", Ram Tseung with his appearance in the drama. The night before, he and his golden partner, Rita Carpio, sang their golden song "Meeting Now, Need We Have Known Each Other Before? (相逢何必曾相識)", and even parodied a comedic version of the song "Meeting Now, Need We Have Burned Offerings? (相逢何必曾燒衣)" (T/N: Burn offerings as in burning paper "clothes" in funerals) The performance was highly praised by netizens. Approximately 300,000 netizens "liked" and requested Ram Tseung to return to the music industry again. 
After TVB drama "Inbound Troubles" successfully rose Ivana Wong and Louis Cheung to fame, this time, in "Come On, Cousin", they continued to play with parodies, putting Ram Tseung in the spotlight. The night before, the drama aired its 12th episode. Ram Tseung, who has a great voice and plays a funeral worker in the drama, partnered up with his "best partner", Rita Carpio and performed the well-known golden song, "相逢何必曾相識". They even performed a funny parody of the song in the mourning hall called "相逢何必曾燒衣". Along with the changed lyrics that match "funerals" so well, many were very impressed and gave high praises. Fans created a fan page for Ram Tseung "Save the Music Industry - Support Ram Tseung to be a singer again". The video clip of the song even attracted 300,000 likes in 24 hours. 
Helped lift up ratings
Other than becoming popular online, Ram Tseung even helped raise the ratings of "Come On, Cousin". Although the episode only had an average of 25 PTS, once Ram Tseung appeared and sang his duet with Rita Carpio, the ratings raised to 26 PTS. Afterwards, when Ram parodied the song, "相逢何必曾燒衣", the ratings raised once more to 27 PTS. In the end, when he and "wife", Rita Carpio, exchanged an emotional conversation in the park between the worlds of life and death, the ratings peaked at 28 PTS. 
In the 80's and 90's, when Ram Tseung was active in the music industry, he was actually a singer-songwriter who had both the looks and the talent. In 1990, he composed the golden song "Meeting Now, Need We Have Known Each Other Before? (相逢何必曾相識)" and won a lot of awards with duet partner, Rita Carpio. Although albums have become digitalized now, there are actually still gramophone records of the song available for sale. Unfortunately, after Ram turned to the television industry, he decided to stop singing, and even expressed he felt dispirited towards his singing career. Although there have been people who asked him to release albums, he refused. 
Will seriously consider returning to the music industry
Regarding netizens strongly requesting him to return to the music industry, yesterday, when Ram Tseung accepted an interview, he said: "I won't sing again in the near future. Before, I did not see any improvement in my music, so I felt dispirited, but I have found some interest in it again recently! I will seriously consider it." Singing his golden song with good partner, Rita Carpio after so many years again, Ram also feels very touched: "Singing again with Rita Carpio after so many years, the feel is still there. But having her wait for so many years, I do feel apologetic." He revealed that he finished writing the parody of the song for the drama in half an hour: "Good thing the director did not film that fast that day. At the time, I used half an hour to fill in the lyrics. I am very happy that the result turned out so great." 
Performance Cut on "Come On, Cousin" 

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ram Chiang's parody song turns viralRam Chiang's parody song turns viral

10 Nov – After singing a parody of his hit duet with Rita Carpio, "You Needn't Be Acquaintances to Meet with Each Other", on TVB's "Come on, Cousin!", former '90s hit singer Ram Chiang recently found himself being the centre of attention again, On CC News reported.

In "Come on, Cousin", Ram plays the role of former singer Ko Yum, a drunk that lives on the very top floor of a building and works as a musician at the local funeral home. He is also the original founder of "No Association To Music Ltd." record company.

In one of the scenes of the 12th episode, the former singer sang the parody of the hit song during a funeral scene, entitled, "You Needn't Be Acquaintances to Burn Funeral Clothes".

That particular scene had since turned viral in less than 24 hours, garnering new fans, with old ones urging him to make a music comeback.

His appearance in the episode has also boost viewership ratings, from the average 25 to average 26 peaking at 28 points.

Source

TVB Ratings Report (11/03/2014 - 11/09/2014)
Dramas Come On Cousin - 老表,你好hea! (EPS 10-14) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 29 PTS)
Overachievers - 商戰 (EPS 1-5) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 634-638) - 21 PTS 
Tiger Cubs II - 飛虎 II (SUNDAY SERIES) (EP 04) - 21 PTS (Peaking at 23 PTS) 
Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS 
The Voice 4 - 超級巨聲 4 - 15 PTS (Peaking at 16 PTS)
TVB Sales Presentation 2015 - TVB創新經典節目巡禮2015 - 13 PTS

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Ram Chiang will not rush new albumRam Chiang will not rush new album

13 Nov – Former '90s top star Ram Chiang said that nothing much has changed since the parody funeral version of his hit song, "You Needn't Be Acquaintances to Meet with Each Other", turned viral recently, except that more people are starting to recognise him.

According to Mingpao News, the singer-turned-actor, who sang the mock version of his old hit with Rita Carpio on the recent episode of TVB series, "Come On, Cousin!", stated, "For me, everything remains the same, though there have been more job offers recently."

Asked if his salary has increased due to the surge of popularity, Ram replied, "Not really. But more fans now recognise me on the street, and I feel like they see me as a friendly neighbour. This is what I want the most."

On the topic of making a comeback in the music industry, Ram said, "People are still talking about it [the parody version], so I don't know. I will consider it after seeing the response when everything's calm again."

"Singing is not a difficult thing for me," he said, adding that he has no qualms about participating in stage performances rather than rushing to release a new album.

Source

TVB Ratings Report (11/10/2014 - 11/16/2014)
Dramas Come On Cousin - 老表,你好hea! (EPS 15-19) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS)
Overachievers - 商戰 (EPS 6-10) - 23 PTS (Peaking at 24 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 639-643) - 22 PTS 
Tiger Cubs II - 飛虎 II (SUNDAY SERIES) (EP 05) - 20 PTS (Peaking at 21 PTS) 
Variety Shows Working Golden Holidays - 超齡打工假期 - 20 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS 
Queen Feast - 女皇的盛宴 - 15 PTS
The Voice 4 - 超級巨聲 4 - 14 PTS 
Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 12 PTS

this is cute! :D10805831_10153430916872662_4413496667925

TVB Ratings Report (11/17/2014 - 11/23/2014)
Dramas Come On Cousin - 老表,你好hea! (EPS 20-23) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS)
Overachievers - 商戰 (EPS 11-14) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 644-647) - 22 PTS (Peaking at 24 PTS)
Tiger Cubs II - 飛虎 II (SUNDAY SERIES) (EP 06) - 19 PTS (Peaking at 21 PTS) 
Variety Shows TVB Anniversary Gala 2014 - 萬千星輝賀台慶2014 - 25 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS)**
Working Golden Holidays - 超齡打工假期 - 18 PTS (Peaking at 21 PTS)
Scoop - 東張西望 - 18 PTS (Peaking at 21 PTS)
Queen Feast - 女皇的盛宴 - 15 PTS
The Voice 4 - 超級巨聲 4 - 13 PTS 
Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 11 PTS
*NOTE: Episodes of the Mon-Fri dramas were not aired on Wednesday due to the TVB Anniversary Gala. **Wong Cho Lam's proposal peaked at 26 PTS, Ram Tsang and Rita Carpio's duet peaked at 27 PTS and Chris Lai winning the grand prize peaked at 28 PTS.
Complaints:- The Telecommunications Bureau received 10 complaints regarding the TVB Anniversary Gala. People complained that personal matters have nothing to do with the audience (such as the proposal and winning prizes), the clothes are too revealing, the show is boring and pointless, frivolous intentions, makes people uncomfortable. 
- There were speculations that the card Chris Lai picked out is actually '9889' turned around and not 6886. When he entered 6886, the password still worked. Tsang Sing Ming denied the accusations of fake results as there are accountants there to supervise.

• 2 weeks later...

TVB Ratings Report (11/24/2014 - 11/30/2014)
Dramas Come On Cousin - 老表,你好hea! (EP 29 FINALE) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS) *Aired on Sunday
Come On Cousin! Awards Ceremony - 老表,你好hea! 爆唱金曲頒獎典禮 (SPECIAL) - 25 PTS (at 9pm before finale) / 19 PTS (at 11:15pm after finale)
Come On Cousin - 老表,你好hea! (EPS 24-28) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS)
Overachievers - 商戰 (EPS 15-19) - 23 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 648-652) - 21 PTS 
Working Golden Holidays - 超齡打工假期 - 17 PTS (Peaking at 20 PTS)
Scoop - 東張西望 - 17 PTS 
The Voice 4 - 超級巨聲 4 - 14 PTS 
Sidewalk Scientist - 學是學非 - 11 PTS

• 4 weeks later...

Filming of the series, Come On Cousin: Wong Cho Lam plans to release some artistes' secrets?

Friday January 2, 2015 Hong Kong

Four days ago, Wong Cho Lam (王祖藍) attended the conference of the (HEA爆香港) concert and expressed that the performance will add some talkshow (棟篤唱) part or will expose artistes' secrets of the series, Come On, Cousin (老表,你好Hea!)  He said: "Come On, Cousin has film 2 seasons, and there is many amusing scenes. very funny. Recently, the society needs more joy and hope to talk more about the happy matters, and make the audiences happy as well."

Source: Ming Pao (HK)
Translated by: Admin

Ivana Wong: The pole will split if I perform pole dance

news5.jpg
news6.jpg
The cast of the series, Come On, Cousin (hea爆香港演唱會), attended the press conference of the concert for the series and this included Wong Cho Lam (王祖藍), Ivana Wong (王菀之), Corinna Chamberlain (陳明恩) and others. During the conference, Ivana created a joke that the pole will split if she performed pole dance and Cho Lam continued the joke as well. It caused laughter from the crowd instantly.

Source: ON.CC (HK)
Translated by: tvfan
http://www.asian-enews-portal.blogspot.com/

Archived