[Movie 2015] Gyeongseong School: The Lost Girls / The Silenced 경성학교: 사라진 소녀들

StaRix

Gyeongseong School: The Lost Girls /
The Silenced

CEz8PQJUEAAo62n.jpg:large
CGLFk9ZU4AANAUz.jpg:large

• Movie: The Silenced (English title) / Gyeongseong School: Disappeared Girls (literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Gyeongseonghakyoo: Sarajin Sonyeodeul
  • Hangul: 경성학교: 사라진 소녀들
  • Director: Lee Hae-Young
  • Writer:
  • Producer:
  • Cinematographer:
  • Release Date: June 18, 2015
  • Runtime:
  • Genre: Mystery / Horror
  • Distributor: Lotte Entertainment
  • Language: Korean

Plot

In 1938, a girl, Joo-Ran (Park Bo-Young), is transferred to a boarding school in Keijyo (old name of Seoul). Joo-Ran learns of another student with the same name and she tries to figure out the hidden secret of the boarding school. 

Notes

1. Early Korean working title was "Sonyeo" (literally "Girl"), before picking up the title of Gyeongseonghakyoo: Sarajin Sonyeodeul (literally "Gyeongseong School: Disappeared Girls").
  2. Filming began August 3, 2014 at Gyeseong School in Daegu, South Korea and finished October 24, 2014 in Daejon, South Korea.

cr to AsianWiki (http://asianwiki.com/The_Silenced)

Casts

Park Bo Young
Uhm Ji Won
Park So Dam

photo590239.jpg

Trailer (English subbed)

Main Trailer (English subbed)

Special video

cr to uploader

11058729_377674485771200_56226711544361811143724_385781538293828_419137997126012
CFm5ZUsUMAE8PKe.jpg:largephoto590238.jpg
tumblr_neaq59bs8p1sg2018o1_1280.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Park Bo Young and Uhm Ji Won confirmed for mystery movie 'Girl'
1466225_280795888792394_2366325707853264

Park Bo Young and Uhm Ji Won have been confirmed for the upcoming mystery movie 'Girl'!
The two were recently cast as the leads, and they started their first filming on August 3. 'Girl' is a mystery film that tells the story of eerie things that a girl experiences after she transfers into a boarding school in 1938. For her first shoot, Park Bo Young filmed the scene in which she learned that there was a student in the school with the same name she had.  
Park Bo Young will be playing the transfer student Joo Ran, who digs through the boarding school's secrets to solve the mystery. Uhm Ji Won will be playing the principal of the boarding school, who will show her true colors as Park Bo Young's character gets closer and closer to the truth, and rookie actress Park So Dam has taken the role of Park Bo Young's best friend.
The movie will be released in the early half of 2015.
allkpop

Park Bo-young, Eom Ji-won begin filming Girlby awcoconutsParkBoYoung_EomJiWon1.jpg

Freeeeaky. Filming has begun on mystery/horror movie Girl, with Park Bo-young (Hot-Blooded YouthA Werewolf Boy) taking on the role of a student named Joo-ran, who transfers to a boarding school for convalescents in a coastal town in northern Korea. The movie is set in 1938, prior to the division of Korea, and something about the setting and description is already giving me chills.

Joo-ran uncovers the school’s hidden secret, and will face a series of bizarre incidents. Eom Ji-won (Thrice Married WomanChildless Good Fortune) has been cast as the teacher/principal of the boarding school, and while that’s all we’ve been given on her character for now, writer-director Lee Hae-young (Like A Virgin) is said to have written the headmaster role with Eom in mind (they worked together on Festival).

Full article: Dramabeans

Eom Ji-won to play a perfect principal
photo469435.jpg

Actress Eom Ji-won of the TV drama "She Gets Married Thrice" on JTBC has confirmed her new role in the film "Girl".
Eom will act as the principal of an all-girl's school who exhibits exemplary behavior to all of the students. But she ends up showing her darker side to a student named Ju-ran, who gets close to knowing the school's biggest secret. Ju-ran will be played by actress Park Bo-yeong.
The movie will depict stories happening at a girl students' dormitory back in 1930 when Korea was under Japanese colonial rule. 
The movie is scheduled to be released next year. The filming started on Sunday.
BY LEE SUN-MIN [summerlee2joongang.co.kr]HanCinema

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Park Bo-yeong and Eom Ji-won's "Girl"
photo512892.jpg

The movie "Girl" has completed filming.
Three months of filming is over and the movie is cranking up.
The final scene of the movie was taken in Dae-jeon.
Joo-ran (Park Bo-yeong), a girl from a recuperation boarding institute and the director (Eom Ji-won), face each other in the climax scene. The two actresses underwent tough procedures to get the scene complete by hanging on wires and enduring explosive scenes, too. After it was all over, the two of them took care of each other to make sure they weren't hurt. They did it all without stand-ins.
Park Bo-yeong said, "I'm glad it's all over without anyone getting hurt. The director looks happy with what we have to show for the audience. I can't wait to see Joo-ran".
Eom Ji-won said, "It was my first time trying the bad role but it was the second time working with the director. He said we would be able to show something new to the audience and I'm happy with that".
Director Lee Hae-yeong said, "I want to thank all the staff and cast for making this possible. I put all my effort into this movie so hopefully the movie turns out well".
Meanwhile, "Girl" is a mystery movie about the things that happen to a girl who move into a recuperation school. The movie is due for release early next year.
photo512891.jpg

SourceHanCinema

Filming End of Upcoming Movie ‘Girl’ ‘Brilliant Horror Movie’

Filming of upcoming movie tentatively named, <Girl> has ended on October 24. Film <Girl> tells a story of a girl who transfers to a mysterious boarding school. This film is set in 1938.
Park Bo-Young and Uhm Ji-Won showed brilliant action at the set for filming last scene.
Park Bo-Young and Uhm Ji-Won also filmed wired action scene and explosion scene at the scene of Joo-ran(Park Bo-Young) and school principal(Uhm Ji-Won ) meet.
Park Bo-Young said, “I am so glad filming has ended without any accidents. Director said I could show completely different side of me to people through this movie. So, I am so happy. I hope people to like my role.”
Uhm Ji-Won stated, “It was my first time to appear as a bad woman. It was also second time for me to work with director Lee Hae-young. I was also glad that I could appear with these lovely girls in this film. I will miss them.”
Film <Girl> is in its latter stage of production and will open in the first half of next year.
 Written by Han Jihee, Photography by Lotte Entertainment, Translated by Park Kayla
getitk

• 2 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Many Popular Actresses including Jun Ji Hyun, Park Bo Young, and Kim Hye Soo to Return to Big Screen in 2015
Numerous popular actresses will be returning to the big screen in 2015.
Jun Ji Hyun, who starred in the incredibly popular drama “My Love from the Stars,” will be having her comeback to the big screen with “The Assassination.” Directed by director Choi Dong Hoon, whom she worked with on the 2012 blockbuster hit “The Thieves,” the film will tell the story of an assassination carried out in Shanghai in the 1930′s.
B6O8oJ_CEAAv58Q.jpg

Son Ye Jin, who made a splash with “The Pirates” in 2014, will be starring in “House Filled with Happiness,” a thriller where she will play the wife of a politician who just became a member of the assembly. Her husband will be portrayed by Kim Joo Hyuk, who worked with Son Ye Jin on the film “My Wife Got Married.”
Im Soo Jung will be having her film comeback in 2015 with thriller mellow “Secret Temptation,” starring alongside Yoo Yeon Suk. She will also be appearing in “Time Escapee,” alongside Lee Jin Wook and Jo Jung Suk. Her last film, “All about My Life,” was in 2012.
Jeon Do Yeon will have an interesting year in 2015, as she will star in “Chivalrous Woman: Memory of the Sword” as a martial arts-wielding warrior, while in “Man and Woman,” she will portray a woman involved in a dangerous romance in Sweden. In “Outlaw,” she will transform into a criminal with a murder charge.
Kim Hye Soo and rising actress Kim Go Eun will star in “Coin Locker Girl,” about a girl who was abandoned in a coin locker as a baby and was raised to be a criminal. Kim Go Eun will also star alongside Jeon Do Yeon in “Chivalrous Woman.”
Park Bo Young, who last appeared in “A Werewolf Boy,” will have two movies come out in 2015: director Lee Hae Young‘s (“26 Years,” “Like a Virgin”) “Girl,” and Jung Ki Hoon‘s “Talking about Passion.”
Miss A‘s Suzy, who rose to fame through her film “Architecture 101” in 2012, will have her big screen comeback with “Dorihwaga,” a period piece where she will star with Ryu Seung Ryong as his protege.
Han Hyo Joo, who took a break in 2014 after 2014 hits “The Masquerade” and “Cold Eyes,” will return with “Ceci Bong” in early 2015, and two romance movies: “Beauty Inside” and “Myohyang Cabin.”
Chun Woo Hee, who received critical acclaim for her acting in 2014 film “Han Gongju,” will be appearing in two more challenging films in 2015, “Wail” and “The Visitor.” She has also been cast in romantic comedy “Beauty Inside.”
It appears that 2015 will be a year full of interesting female movie characters. Which film are you looking forward to the most?
http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/31/many-popular-actresses-including-jun-ji-hyun-park-bo-young-and-kim-hye-soo-to-return-to-big-screen-in-2015/

• 2 months later...

Change of title~

Upcoming Korean movie "Gyeongseong School: The Lost Girls"

photo563815.jpg

Added the upcoming Korean movie "Gyeongseong School: The Lost Girls"'s page to HanCinema database

"Gyeongseong School: The Lost Girls" (2015)

Directed by Lee Hae-yeong

With Park Bo-yeongEom Ji-wonPark So-dam,...

Synopsis
During the year 1938 in Gyeongseong, a story of mystery unfolds in a school which existence itself is a secret.

Release date in Korea : 2015

HanCinema

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest MaknaeC

The Silenced (Gyeonseong School : The Lost Girls) Official Poster 

photo590239.jpg

photo590238.jpg

credit: hancinema

TRAILER

Archived