[Movie 2015] Assassination 암살

czakhareina

Assassinationphoto578888.jpg
Movie: Assassination (literal title)Revised romanization: AmsalHangul: 암살Director: Choi Dong-HunWriter: Producer:Cinematographer:Release Date: 2015Runtime:Language: KoreanCountry: South Korea

A movie about an assassination project based in the 1930s.

CAST & CHARACTERstumblr_nbnhd2NDZv1sz568uo1_250.jpg
Gianna Jun as Ahn Ok-Yoon
A female sniper, who becomes the leader of an assassination unit. An Ok Yoon is a patriotic person who puts her life at stake for her motherland [sr]. As the leader of the murder group that has been included to the secret plan, she implements the plan without giving up, strongly based on her belief. [sr]

tumblr_nbnhd2NDZv1sz568uo2_250.jpg
Lee Jung-Jae as Yeom Seok-JinAn official of the Provisional Government of Korea in the 1930s. He will plan the entire assassination scheme. [sr] He gained trust through accumulation of legendary accomplishments in countless plans, organizes the plan and orders Ok-Yoon and the group of murderers the plan. [sr]

tumblr_nbnhd2NDZv1sz568uo3_250.jpg
Ha Jung-Woo as Hawaii PistolA professional killer [sr] who works for anyone, disregarding the nationality or gender, in the trade of 300 dollars [sr]

tumblr_nbnhd2NDZv1sz568uo4_250.jpg
Jo Jin Woong as Soksapo A firearms expert Soksapo (rapid-fire gun) who had been imprisoned for illegal firearms sales [sr] who becomes a member of the assassination unit that An Ok Yoon leads. He only works for money, but he has a deep proud for the fact that he is the last graduate of Shin Heung Military School. [sr]
tumblr_nbnhd2NDZv1sz568uo5_250.jpg
Lee Kyung Young?
Miracle_in_Cell_No7-Oh_Dal-Su1.jpg
Oh Dal Soo as PomadeAssistant of Hawaii Pistol [sr]

tumblr_nbnhd2NDZv1sz568uo7_250.jpg
Choi Deok Moon as Hwang Duk SamA bomb maker and will assist the assassination unit [sr] He was trained in explosives in Hungary [sr]
PLOT

SOURCESPROFILE
Asiawiki | Daum | Hancinema | imdb | Koreanfilm | Naver | Wikipedia
SOCIAL NETWORKTwitter | Facebook | Instagram
TRIVIAIt would be Jeon’s second time acting with Ha Jung-woo after working together on thriller The Berlin File, though they had almost taken on another film last year, The Way Home.
It would be her third time starring with Lee Jung-jae, whom she first starred with in the wistful romance Il Mare
Assassination plans to do much of its filming on location in Shanghai and plans to start filming in the latter half of 2014

UPDATEs/NEWs

PLEASE FOLLOW SOOMPI RULESDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE 
For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderatorsrebby Lyrayoo | jma030201 | forevergirl | loli |alekaonu

Thread Opened: January 4, 2014 KSTLast Update: 01:12 AM KST | July 17, 2014

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[new movie] id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 5px 0px; font-weight: normal; font-size: 34px; line-height: 34.375px; font-family: Economica, arial, 'trebuchet ms', verdana, sans-serif; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-color: rgb(221, 221, 221); border-bottom-style: solid; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Assassination (Korean Movie)

Director Choi Dong-Hun is set to follow up his box office hit "The Thieves" with a new movie in 2015 titled ASSASSINATION. In addition, actor Ha Jung-Woo, actress Gianna Jun and actor Lee Jung-Jae have all been offered main roles in the upcoming film.

Actor Ha Jung-Woo's representatives have stated that Ha Jung-Woo will decide whether to take part in the movie after the completion of his movie "Chronicle of a Blood Merchant” (which he directs and acts), while Gianna Jun's side has stated that she will decided after the completion of her hit SBS drama series "You Who Came From the Stars” and Lee Jung-Jae's side has stated that he will also make a decision after the completion of his movie "Big Match".

Gianna Jun and Lee Jung-Jae worked together previously in Choi Dong-Hun's film "The Thieves".

Story for ASSASSINATION is set in the 1930's and deals with an assassination plot. Casting is expected to last through the first half of 2014 and filming is expected to begin in the second half of 2014.

credit AsiaWiki FB page

class="tit_detail" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 17px 0px 13px; border-style: none none solid; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-color: rgb(73, 79, 95); outline: 0px; font-family: Arial, verdana, dotum, AppleGothic, 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, gulim, Arial, helvetica; vertical-align: top; line-height: 36px; width: 740px; font-size: 28px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-weight: normal; margin-bottom: 0px !important;"Lee Jeong Hae, Jeon Ji Hyun, Ha Jeong Woo ‘Assassination’, Amazing Castingimage_thumb1802.png

Lee Jeong Jae, Jeon Ji Hyun, and Ha Jeong Woo are going to act together in the movie ‘Assassination’.

Jeon Ji Hyun’s agency said that Jeon Ji Hyun has been casted in Producer Choi Dong Hoon’s new movie, ‘Assassination.’ Jeon Ji Hyun is going to talk about the details after the drama, ‘My Love from the Star.’

Ha Jeong Woo’s agency said “We have received the scenario and we are positively looking at it. However, nothing has been decided.”

Lee Jeong Jae’s agency also said that they are positively considering the scenario of ‘Assassination’.

image_thumb1803.png

credit KoFAN | January 27 2014

Jeon Ji-hyun considers her next project with A-list team

by javabeans | January 27, 2014image_readtop_2014_141697_13908028391193
Well, teaming up with one of her Thieves partners worked out well for Jeon Ji-hyun(her current rom-com You From Another Star with Kim Soo-hyun is a hit), so perhaps reuniting with another of its co-stars and its director will yield more success. She is currently entertaining an offer to take on Director Choi Dong-hoon’s next film, to potentially co-star Lee Jung-jae and Ha Jung-woo; all offers are currently out, and actors are considering favorably.

read full: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/01/jeon-ji-hyun-considers-her-next-project-with-a-list-team/Via MBNTV DailyOsen

News: Ha Jung-woo, Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Jung-jae Circling 30s Thriller ASSASSINATION

2015+-+Assassination+(stock+pic).jpg

By Pierce Conran

Korean hitmaker Choi Dong-hoon is back at it again with a new 1930s set action thriller purported to be in the $12 million budget range. Titled Assassination, the project is eyeing some big talent for leading roles. Ha Jung-woo, Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Jung-jae are also considering major parts in Choi's follow-up to The Thieves, the 2012 hit caper film that became the second most viewed Korean film of all time by accruing almost 13 million admissions domestically.

Save for featuring an assassination plot that takes place in the 1930s, little has been revealed about the film's plot, yet the period setting and potentially huge cast in the sure hands of Choi is more than just a little tantalizing. Though adept at big spectacle, as shown in Woochi (2009) and The Thieves, Choi's strong suit as a director is keeping his films squarely focused on characters, despite the many moving parts that surround them. Choi also directed The Big Swindle (2004) andTazza: The High Rollers (2006).

The redhot Ha Jung-woo became known to international viewers in Na Hong-jin's films The Chaser (2008) and The Yellow Sea (2010) and is now one of the industry's biggest stars following his 2013 hits The Berlin File and The Terror Live. He will next be seen in period action film Kundo: The Age of the Rampant and Chronicles of a Blood Merchant, which he is also directing. Jun Ji-hyun, a star since 2001's My Sassy Girl and Ha's co-star in The Berlin File, and Lee Jung-jae, who also had a great 2013 with New World and The Face Readerboth previously worked with Choi on The Thieves. The thesps are currently considering parts for the film that is aiming for a 2015 release.

direct link: http://www.modernkoreancinema.com/2014/01/news-3-ha-jung-woo-jun-ji-hyun-lee-jung.html

Jun Ji Hyun, Ha Jung Woo, and Lee Jung Jae receive offers to act in movie 'Assassination'

A new movie is under works and a couple of top celebrities have already been offered a role!

A rep from Jun Ji Hyun's agency Culture Depot Entertainment revealed on January 27 toNewsen, "Jun Ji Hyun received an offer to be in Director Choi Dong Hun's next movie 'Assassination' (working title)." She previously worked with Director Choi Dong Hun in his film 'Thieves'.

People may be on the edge of their seats in hopes of getting to see Jun Ji Hyun in another production. However, the rep continued, "We have decided to exchange specifics after we wrap up her current SBS drama 'You Who Came From The Stars'. We have not made any decisions yet."  

Meanwhile, it seems pretty certain that actor Ha Jung Woo will be appearing in 'Assassination' according to numerous movie representatives that said, "Ha Jung Woo received a love call from Director Choi Dong Hun and decided to work with him after serious reflection. If Jun Ji Hyun gets confirmed for a part, they will be showing the same fantastic teamwork that they showed in their movie 'Berlin'."

A rep from the actor's agency Fantasio only said, "It is correct that we are reviewing this offer extremely positively," so it seems likely he will be in the movie after all.  

Actor Lee Jung Jae received the offer to play the main lead. His agency C-JeS Entertainment said, "We received the scenario and are seriously reflecting on whether he should act in it or not. We are feeling favorable towards it."

The movie 'Assassination' centers around killers and is set in the 1930s. The pre-production work will begin in the first half of this year while filming will probably begin in the second half. Stay tuned for updates on casting!

credit allkpop

CHOI Dong-hoon Sets ASSASSINATION as Next Projectby Pierce Conran /  Jan 30, 2014 | KOFICLead Roles Offered to HA Jung-woo, JUN Ji-hyun and LEE Jung-jae sPczzrEGJPtmzkZFeyBm.jpg
One of Korea’s most big hitmakers is set to return to the director’s chair following his star-studded 2012 hit caper film The Thieves. CHOI Dong-hoon is eyeing Assassination, a thriller set in the 1930s, as his fifth project. Starring roles have been offered HA Jung-woo, JUN Ji-hyun and LEE Jung-jae with no casting confirmed as of yet. CHOI’s The Thieves came in just shy of 13 million admissions during its summer 2012 release, making it the second most popular Korean of all time behind Bong Joon Ho’s The Host (2006). CHOI has already directed the hits Tazza: The High Rollers (2006) and Woochi (2009). Save for focusing on an assassination plot that takes place in the 1930s, not much is know about CHOI’s new film yet, though the budget has been pegged at KRW 12 billion (USD 11.12 million). The Yellow Sea (2010), Nameless Gangster: Rules of the Time (2012) and The Berlin File star HA Jung-woo, who has never worked with CHOI before, is currently considering a lead role in the project. Meanwhile, JUN Ji-hyun (My Sassy Girl, 2001) and LEE Jung-jae (New World), who both starred in CHOI’s The Thieves, are also considering offers. All three stars will respond once they complete their current projects. The tantalizing prospect of seeing these stars sign on to the hitmaker’s enticing new project has already raised expectation in Korea, with the internet all aflutter at the news. Assassination is aiming for a 2015 release date. 
Any copying, republication or redistribution of Kofic's content is prohibited without prior consent of Kofic.

Jeon Ji-hyeon, "I barely expected the grand prize"

photo440352.jpg

[omitted some parts]- Did you expect the prize?
"I wasn't expecting the Grand Prize. I was slightly hoping for Best Actress. I came here today and saw that "My Love from the Star" wasn't getting much attention, so I didn't expect anything but this was...unexpected".
- You cried.
"I don't even remember if I cried or not. I don't know what I did on stage. I think I cried for a lot of reasons".
- Who did you think of when you stood there with your trophy?
"I thought about my boss and second was everyone who gave this drama so much love".
- How are you celebrating tonight?
"I am having dinner with the staff who made this possible".
- What are the rest of your plans for the year?
"I am filming the movie "The Assassination" in August and September. I think that's all I'll be doing this year".
source ispluscredit Hacinema

class="title_sec" style="font-size: 28px; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(39, 41, 42); line-height: 34px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia, 돋움, Dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Jun Ji-hyun had short haircut for ‘Assassination’20140826001322_0.jpg
Korean top actress Jun Ji-hyun had her hair cut for the movie “Assassination.”

“I will begin to work on a new movie from next week. I changed my hairstyle for my role and I am preparing other things for the movie as well,” Jun said on Monday.

She made the remarks in an interview with a local media outlet after attending a fashion party cohosted by several shoes brands in Shanghai, China.

She showed the timeless beauty of her glamorous figure in a dress with a web pattern that day, participants said.

According to some news reports, the charismatic Korean actors Ha Jung-woo and Lee Jung-jae will be also appearing in “Assassination.” Jun Ji-hyun has already displayed fantastic teamwork with Ha Jung-woo in “Berlin,” and also with Lee Jung-jae in “The Thieves.”

“Assassination” will be a story about killers in the 1930s. The full-scale filming of the movie will likely begin in the second half of this year.

By Park Gyu-oh, Intern reporter (q5park@heraldcorp.com)
[Photo credit : Weibo]
Korean Herald

Jeon Ji Hyun changes her hairstyle for her next work20140826171550_53fc4235e73e9_1.jpg
Jun Ji Hyun changed her hairstyle for her next work, 'Assassination.'

Recently, Chinese actress Han Yu Qin uploaded a photo that she took with Jun Ji Hyun at a shoes brand party on her Weibo.

In the photo, Jun Ji Hyun is showing a short hairstyle instead of the long hairstyle that she had been showing all the time.

Jeon Ji Hyun is showing a fabulous look in a mini one-piece dress and high heels, and a great number of fans are showing hot reactions.

During an interview that was held at the event, Jeon Ji Hyun said, "I cut my hair for my next film, 'Assassination.'"

Meanwhile, 'Assassination' is a new film of director Choi Dong Hoon, who directed 'The Thieves.'
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com
StarNNews | August 27 2014

• 2 weeks later...

class="entry-title" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 14px 0px 0px; padding: 19px 12px; font-size: 22px; direction: ltr; font-family: Oswald, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Helvetica, NanumGothic, 나눔고딕, Arial, sans-serif; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; line-height: 28px; letter-spacing: 0.4px;"Ha Jeong-woo-Jun Ji-hyun-Lee-Jung-jae to Start Filming ‘Assassination’01.jpgHa Jeong-woo, Jun Ji-hyun and Lee Jung-jae has confirmed to cast in Director Choi Dong-hun’s 5th film ‘Assassination.’ Actor Oh Dal-su, Jo Jin-woong, Lee Kyung-young and Choi Deok-mun have been cast as well. They start filming in September.Film ‘Assassination’ is a story of a killer, assassin and a government agent in 1930s who gathered in Shanghai to assassinate pro-Japanese group.Jun Ji-hyun plays a sniper ‘Ahn Ok-yoon’ who is the head of the death squad. Character’Ahn Ok-yoon’ acts up to her faith, and never gives up on what she has to do. Jun Ji-hyun is determined to create a brand new character by showing an intensive action performances and irresistible charms.Lee Jung-jae will appear as a government agent ‘Yeom Suk-jin.’‘Yeom Suk-jin’ becomes a director of the death squad after he shows outstanding performance on a lot of operations.Ha Jeong-woo will play killer ‘Hawaii Pistol’ who kills anyone when he gets paid 300 dollars. It is Ha Jeong-woo’s first time to work with Director Choi Dong-hun.Film ‘Assassination’ will open in Summer of 2015.Written by Han Jihee, Photography by SHOWBOX/MEDIA PLEX, Translated by Park KaylaGet it K | September 5 2014

class="headline" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 30px; line-height: 34px; margin: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Choi Dong-hoon's ASSASSINATION Assembles Killer Castrsz_assassination_-_photo-thumb-630xauto

Following 2012's blockbuster caper hit The Thieves, director Choi Dong-hoon is back at it with the new period action-thriller Assassination. What's more, he's bringing his The Thieves stars Gianna Jun, Lee Jung-jae and Oh Dal-su with him, along with more star wattage in the form of Ha Jung-woo and Cho Jin-woong.

Set in China and Korea during the 1930s, when the peninsula was a colony of Japan, Assassination revolves around a group of killers assembled by Korea's resistance fighters, whose mission is to wipe out targets supporting the Japanese occupation.

Fresh off box office hits The Thieves and The Berlin File, Gianna Jun (aka Jeon Ji-hyeon), will lead the assassin's group, while Lee Jung-jae (New WorldThe Thieves) will be play a resistance fighter and Ha Jung-woo (The Yellow Sea, 2010; The Terror Live), will take on the role of a gun for hire. Co-starring will be the red hot Cho Jin-woong, as well as Oh Dal-su and Lee Kyoung-young.

Choi, who was also responsible for The Big Swindle (2004), Tazza: The High Rollers (2006) and Woochi (2009), will produce the film with partner Ahn Soo-hyun under the Caper Films shingle. Assassination kicks off shooting this month in Shanghai and will be financed and distributed by Showbox, the studio behind The Host (2006) and a host of other major Korean titles. Choi's latest will be ready in time for next summer, when its potent cocktail of genre thrills, filmmaking knowhow and sizzling cast are sure to fill many seats.

Pierce Conran | Twitch Film | September 5 2014

class="tit_detail" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 17px 0px 13px; border-style: none none solid; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-color: rgb(73, 79, 95); outline: 0px; font-family: Arial, verdana, dotum, AppleGothic, 'Lucida Grande', Tahoma, gulim, Arial, helvetica; vertical-align: top; line-height: 36px; width: 740px; font-size: 28px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-weight: normal; margin-bottom: 0px !important;"‘Lee Jung-Jae’ – ‘Ha Jung-Woo’ – ‘Jeon Ji-Hyun’, [Assassination] starts filming in Shanghai.

Director ‘Choi Dong-Hoon’s’ fifth movie, [Assassination], starts filming in Shanghai.

[Assassination] is a movie about assassins, a provisional government agent, and wipers whom gathered to assassinate pro-Japanese group. The movie sets its background in Shanghai, China and in Kyung-Sung, Chosun in 1930s. This is the newest movie by director ‘Choi Dong-Hoon’ who directed [The Big Swindle], [Tazza], [Thieves] before.

‘Jeon Ji-Hyun’ who became acquainted with director ‘Choi Dong-Hoon’ through the movie [Thieves] was chosen to be ‘Ahn Ok-Yoon’ in [Assassination]. ‘Ahn Ok-Soon’ is the captain of assassin group and a sniper army for national independence. ‘Lee Jung-Jae’ plays a role of a provisional government agent: ‘Yeom Suk-Jin’ in [Assassination]. He once again became associated with director ‘Choi Dong-Hoon’ after [Thieves].

This is ‘Ha Jung-Woo’s’ first time to work with director ‘Choi’. ‘Ha Jung-Woo’ plays a role of a sniper ‘Hawaii Pistol’. He kills anybody for 300 dollars. ‘Oh Dal-Soo’ plays ‘Hawaii Pistol’s’ right hand: ‘Pomad’, ‘Jo Jin-Woong’ plays a gun expert: ‘Sok Sa-Po’ who was in prison for stealing and selling guns. Yet, he later goes into a secret operation. ‘Choi Duk-Mun’ plays ‘Hwang Duk-Sim’ who learns the skills of building a bomb from a Hungarian, ‘Majir’.

Photo provided = ‘Show Box’
Reporter : Jeon Hyung-Hwa
Translator : Cho Ah-Ra
KoFan | Sept 5 2014

itemprop="name" class="entry-title" style="margin: 10px 0px 7px; font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 37px; color: rgb(68, 68, 68); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 30px; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Star-studded South Korean movie ‘Assassination’ to soon begin filming in Shanghai

South Korean movie ‘Assassination‘ (director: Choi Dong Hun) which boasts of a star-studded cast list that reads Jun Ji HyunLee Jung JaeHa Jung WooOh Dal SuCho Jin Woong, and others, will officially begin filming this month in Shanghai, China.

The movie is set in the 1930s against the backdrop of Shanghai and Gyeongseong, and tells the story of a group of assassins and agents from the Korean interim government, who gather together for an assassination plot to take out a pro-Japanese group. ‘Assassination’ will mark director Choi Dong Hun’s fifth movie project.

Jun Ji Hyun is cast as sniper An Ok Yoon who has a strong will and doesn’t give up easily, and also serves as the leader of the assassin group. She will also be involved in several high difficulty action scenes.

Cho Jin Woong plays the role of firearms expert Soksapo (rapid-fire gun) who had been imprisoned for illegal firearms sales, but later joins the assassin group. Although he is an uncouth man who places wealth above anything, he also prides on being the last student of a martial arts school.

Choi Deok Mun is cast as Hwang Deok Sam who was trained in explosives in Hungary, and will follow through on the assassination plot with the characters played by Jun Ji Hyun and Cho Jin Woong.

Lee Jung Jae plays the role of Yeom Seok Jin who is an agent from the interim government. This will be Lee Jung Jae’s second collaboration with director Choi Dong Hun. Yeom Seok Jin is the one in charge of the assassination plot, and directly gives orders to An Ok Yoon and her group to execute it.

Ha Jung Woo plays the role of mercenary contract killer Hawaii Pistol, who would kill anyone for you regardless of nationality or gender, as long as he gets paid 300 American dollars. Oh Dal Su will play his sidekick, Pomadeu.

The movie is scheduled to open in Summer 2015.

By: Choi In Hee
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Jeon Ji-Hyun, Lee Jung-Jae, Ha Jung-Woo ‘Murder’, enters filming in Shanghai, China 2014/09/06(Sat) 02:30  Innolife
Jeon Ji-Hyun, Lee Jung-Jae, Ha Jung-Woo ‘Murder’, enters filming in Shanghai, ChinaThe new movie ‘Murder’ directed by Choi Dong-Hoon, started filming in Shanghai, China, after the casting of famous actors.
According the Show Box Meida Flex on 5th, ‘Murder’ has ended the casting of the actors Jeon Ji-Hyun, Lee Jung-Jae, Ha Jung-Woo, Oh Dal-Soo, Jo Jin-Woong, Lee Kyung-Young, Choi Deok-Moon. ‘Murder’ is the fifth film of Choi Dong-Hoon director, who has shown a sophisticated craft of producing and well-organized storytelling, and even the original characters, through the movies ‘Re-organization of crime’, ‘Tazza’, ‘Jeon Woochi’, ‘The Thieves’. The casts are Jeon Ji-Hyun, Lee Jung-Jae, Oh Dal-Soo, Choi Deok-Moon, who had worked together with Choi Dong-Hoon director during previous movies, and Ha Jung-Woo, Jo Jin-Woong, Lee Kyung-Young, who are to work with him for the first time through ‘Murder’, the casts that gain extreme attention.
Jeon Ji-Hyun gives performance as Ahn Ok-Yoon, the gun shooter from the independence army and also a leader of the murder group that has been included to the secret plan, in the movie ‘Murder’. She is the character that implements the plan without giving up, strongly based on her belief.
Lee Jung-Jae performs as the agent of Republic of Korea’s temporary government ‘Yeom Seok-Jin’, and works together with Choi director for the second time. Yeom Seok-Jin the temporary government agent who has gained big trust through accumulation of legendary accomplishments in countless plans, organizes the plan of clandestine murder and orders Ok-Yoon and the group of murderers the plan.
Ha Jeong-Woo performs as Hawaii pistol, the employed killer who works for anyone, disregarding the nationality or gender, in the trade of 300 dollars, and is to work with Choi Dong-Hoon director for the first time.
‘Murder’ starts filming in Shanghai, China at the beginning of September. It will be premiered during the summer of 2015. [사진=쇼박스미디어플렉스]
The first shooting for movie 'Assassination' to take place this month in Shanghai
The first shooting for movie 'Assassination' is going to take place this month.

On September 5th, the production team of movie 'Assassination' announced that the first shooting for the movie will take place this month in Shanghai.

'Assassination' will show a story of Korea's Provisional Government officials setting up a scheme of assassinating Japanese officials.

'Assassination' is going to be 5th film of director Choi Dong Hoon, who had directed 'The Big Swindle,' 'Tazza,' 'Jeon Woo-chi: The Taoist Wizard,' and 'The Thieves. Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Jung Jae, Oh Dal Soo, Choi Duk Moon, Ha Jung Woo, Cho Jin Woong, and Lee Kyung Young are starring in the movie, and a great number of fans are showing huge anticipation.

Jun Ji Hyun is going to play in the movie as a female sniper named An Ok Yoon, who becomes the leader of an assassination unit. An Ok Yoon is a patriotic person who puts her life at stake for her motherland, and Jun Ji Hyun is going to show another side of her through suspenseful action scenes.

Cho Jin Woong is going to play as a gun expert who becomes a member of the assassination unit that An Ok Yoon leads. He only works for money, but he has a deep proud for the fact that he is the last graduate of Shin Heung Military School. Choi Duk Moon is going to play as a bomb maker named Hwang Duk Sam, and assist the assassination unit.

In addition, Lee Jung Jae is going to play as an official of the Provisional Government of Korea, named Yeom Suk Jin. Yeom Seok Jin plans the entire assassination scheme, and gives orders to An Ok Yoon and her assassination unit members.

Ha Jung Woo is going to play as a professional killer named 'Hawaii Pistol,' and Oh Dal Soo is going to play as 'Pomade,' who is an assistant of Hawaii Pistol.

Meanwhile, 'Assassination' will be officially released in 2015.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Top Stars Including Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Jung Jae Attend Ritual for Upcoming Film “The Assassination”lovelymorning September 4, 2014 SOOMPI

The filming for director Choi Dong Hoon’s upcoming film, “The Assassination,” has finally begun in Shanghai. After the final cast was put together — Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Jung Jae, Ha Jung Woo, Oh Dal Soo, Jo Jin Woong, Lee Kyung Young, and Choi Deok Moon among others — the director and cast came together for the rite of good fortune for the film. In the photo, it seems like all of the main cast have attended this ritualistic ceremony.

“The Assassination” will take place in the 1930s during the Japanese takeover of Korea. The “assassination” refers to that of the pro-Japanese party. In order to carry out this mission, professional assassins as well as the provisional government of Korea, and even hired hit men, gather together in one place. It will be an unpredictable story of nationless, nameless, and unforgiving wanderers.

This film will be director Choi Dong Hoon’s fifth project, after “The Big Swindle,” “Tazza,” “Jeon Woo-Chi,” and “The Thieves,” which were all successful hits with their creative characters, outstanding storytelling, and modern production skills.

2014.09.05_choi dong hoon movies

2014.09.05_choi dong hoon the thieves

“The Assassination” is also special because it is a reunion on the big screen for Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Jung Jae, Oh Dal Soo, and Choi Deok Moon, who have already worked with director Choi Dong Hoon through his previous project, “The Thieves.” Meanwhile, it would be the first time that Ha Jung Woo, Jo Jin Woong, and Lee Kyung Young will be working with the director. Many have high expectations as to what kinds of synergy will arise from this star-studded team.

“The Assassination” is planned to be released in the summer of 2015.

Who’s excited for the new film? Do you guys think it will be as successful as the others?

Guest queenjihyun

So excited for this film,awesome cast..2015 plz come faster.

Jun ji hyun doing action scenes is ♥

And kick a$$ jjh is more sexier. =))

Guest ilikemangoss

No doubt this movie is going to be BIG in terms of box office numbers. This director is known for making huge hits with Tazza, Jeon Woo Chi, The Big Swindle, and Thieves all of which raked in the big bucks.. Now you have HUGE a-list stars headlining this next movie.. Im sure there's already alot of buzz in korea and there will be even more buzz once the film gets released... I hope they release it in theaters in the U.S (which im sure they will since his movies have been so big). I'm a personal fan of Jun Ji Hyun and i absolutely love her character description. She sounds strong judging from the descriptions that says she's "the gun shooter from the independence army and also a leader of the murder group that has been included to the secret plan, in the movie ‘Murder’. She is the character that implements the plan without giving up, strongly based on her belief".
Ha Jung Woo is undoubtedly one of the BEST south korean actors alive and lee jung jae is damn talented so I am waiting for them to light up my screen with all their intensive charms and captivating charisma. Summer 2015 release date: BRING IT. It'll be a fun summer blockbuster film.. And i hope uri Jun Ji Hyun can continue to rake in more awards for the rest of this year, because she deserves it. 

Guest queenjihyun

Will there be any love lines between the lead actors in this movie? Please no.hahaha

:)

)

:)

)

Hahaha..maybe there is no love story lines because the movie is more focus on the action scene..but if given the chance hope it will be hjw and jjh.i just remember their movie the berlin file when she gave hjw a bandage..wow that was a hot scene =))

Choi Dong-hoon begins Assassination shoot

BAhbB1sHOgZmSSIuMjAxNC8wOS8wNS8yMy8wOC8w
Production News

Director CHOI Dong-hoon 최동훈 | 崔東勳 (pictured front left) is to start production in Shanghai on espionage action film Assassination 암살 having finalised his cast. It is his follow-up to heist action-comedy The Thieves 도둑들 (2012).

Set in Korea, Manchuria and Shanghai in the 1930's during the Japanese occupation, the new film — based on Choi's own script — is about a team of resistance fighters ordered to assassinate pro-Japanese collaborators.

The film reunites Choi with three actors from The ThievesGianna JUN 전지현 | 全智賢 (as the squad leader), LEE Jeong-jae 이정재 | 李政宰 (as a resistance agent) andOH Dal-su 오달수 as a hitman's assistant. HA Jung-woo 하정우 | 河正佑 co-stars as the mysterious hit man and JO Jin-ung 조진웅 | 趙震雄 as a firearm specialist.

An official budget has not yet been announced, but investor and sales agentShowbox/Mediaplex Inc 쇼박스 미디어플렉스 says that the Caper Film 케이퍼필름production is the company's biggest film release of next summer.

The Thieves, also handled by Showbox, still holds the record as South Korea's third largest domestic hit, making ₩93.7 billion (US$91.5 million) on 12,983,341 admissions in the summer of 2012.

By Kevin Ma

Film Business Asia

Sat, 06 September 2014, 14:30 PM (HKT)

angellana08

said:

Archived