[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2014] Black Heart White Soul 忠奸人

sugarplum892

rgWpy8U.jpg

Details:Title: 忠奸人  / Zong Kan Yan
English title: Black Heart White Soul
Genre: Crime, Drama, Modern, LawEpisodes: 30Producer: Amy Wong (Last One Standing 與敵同行)
Production Company: TVB
Broadcast Date: July 14, 2014 - August 22, 2014Replacing: The Ultimate Addiction 點金勝手
Cast:Roger Kwok as Ko Zit Hang 高哲行Ron Ng as Cheung Lap Guen 張立勳Kristal Tin as Tam Mei Ching 譚美貞Kiki Sheung as 冼慧英Waise LeeLouis Cheung as 馬啟源Leanne Li as 施嘉莉Jason Chan Chi-san as 翁子聰Lisa Lau as 杜綽姿Vivian Yeo as 楊漫冰May Chan as 劉淼淼Mat YeungClaire YiuBecky LeeParkman WongDerek Wong as Benjamin
Synopsis:A robbery case subtly interweaves the fate of three strangers, a barrister in a wheelchair KO CHIT-HANG (Kwok Chun On), a Hong Kong girl TAM MEI-CHING (Kristal Tin) and District Crime Unit detective CHEUNG LAP-FAN (Ron Ng). 
Implicated by her gangster boyfriend, MEI-CHING is charged with attempted robbery and is found guilty.  Although CHIT-HANG, as the lawyer representing MEI-CHING, fails to exculpate her from the charge, the two fall in love with each other.  Gradually, under CHIT-HANG’s guidance, MEI-CHING manages to turn over a new leaf after getting out of the jail.  Through his investigation, LAP-FAN learns that, many years ago, he negligently shot and thereby paralyzed a civilian, who turns out to be CHIT-HANG.  Instead of bearing a grudge against LAP-FAN, CHIT-HANG turns into his best friend.  CHIT-HANG has been abandoned by his family ever since the accident.  In order to make a living, it takes him more effort than the others to eventually stand out and become a rising star in the legal profession.  Being recruited by  wealthy businessmen, MA KAI-YUEN (Louis Cheung) and TO YEE-HANG (Waise Lee), CHIT-HANG often claims victory in lawsuit cases by surprise tactics, helping set his clients free.  However, there is evil hiding behind his decency.  The more successful CHIT-HANG becomes, the more suspicious LAP-FAN gets.  All of them, including MEI-CHING, seem to be trapped in the slowly tightening grip of encirclement one after another, finding themselves on the horns of a dilemma……
Previews:

OSTs:Ronald Law & Hoffman Cheng - Gray Fate

Louis Cheung - The Beginning

Additional Links:Black Heart White Soul 忠奸人 Official WebsiteBlack Heart White Soul 忠奸人 Raw Episodes Online Streaming

• 1 month later...
Guest nathaniachan

I had that EXACT SAME question and frantically searched the web the whole night after I watched the episode, trying to find the answer! I found this link
http://hyn5-hyn5.blogspot.ca/2014/07/black-heart-white-soul-sub-song-preview.html

See if it helps! I think we can expect more of this song to appear in future episodes! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ron Ng satisfied with meatier roleTuesday August 19, 2014 Hong KongSource
Though his fans were furious that TVB had given him another police role in his latest series, "Black Heart, White Soul", actor Ron Ng recently disclosed that he was in fact very pleased with the role.  As reported on Oriental Daily, the actor, who plays a cop named Cheung Lap Fan who befriended semi-paralysed lawyer, Matt (played by Roger Kwok) after causing his accident, said that the drama has been one of the most satisfying series he has filmed in recent years.  "Though I have played a lot of cop roles throughout my career, this one is different from all the others," said Ron. "Cheung Lap Fan is very human and has a lot of emotional scenes."  "In the series, my character accidentally injured Roger's character, Matt while on a mission. He felt guilty and started befriending Matt. But because of that, he ends up crossing boundaries, morally-speaking," the actor added.  Ron also admitted of receiving lots of compliments for his performance in the series, though added that he would not dwell on winning an award.  "I don't want to perform for accolades. For me, what's important is that the viewers like it and spread the news to others, so they would watch it as well," he said.  Meanwhile, the series has recently achieved high viewership ratings of 31 points. Asked his thoughts about the ratings, Ron said that while he is satisfied, the actual viewership numbers are not accurate, as a number of audience also watched the show online. 

Lisa Lau is happy with newfound fame

Thursday August 21, 2014 Hong Kong

Source

Lisa Lau is happy with newfound fame

Beauty queen-turned-actress Lisa Lau admitted that starring in her latest series, "Black Heart White Soul", has helped a lot in putting her name forward in the industry.

According to Hong Kong's On CC News, the actress, who attended a brand event recently, disclosed, "My side income has increased since I starred in the series, though some of them are still pending for confirmation."

Lisa admitted that the public has also recognised her, though would call her by her character's name, Gillian, when they saw her on the street.

"I am very happy though," Lisa enthused

Asked if her income has increased along with her popularity, the actress said that the terms are fixed in her contract and she is just happy to be able to participate in the series.

Source: KuangaiTVBTranslated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (08/11/2014 - 08/17/2014)
Dramas Black Heart White Soul - 忠奸人 (EPS 21-25) - 27 PTS (Peaking at 31 PTS) 
Rear Mirror - 載得有情人 (EPS 1-5) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 29 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 575-579) - 23 PTS 
Shades of Life - 我們的天空 (EP 05) - 20 PTS (SUNDAY DRAMA)
Variety Shows Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk - Sunday扮嘢王 - 25 PTS 
Eating Well with Madam Wong - 吾淑吾食 - 22 PTS
Street Sorcerors 2 - 街頭魔法王2 - 20 PTS
Nowhere Girls - 沒女大翻身 - 19 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 19 PTS
Neighbourhood Ghost Stories - 區區有鬼故 - 13 PTS
(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

Source: KuangaiTVBTranslated by: Chloe.C 
TVB Ratings Report (08/18/2014 - 08/24/2014)
Dramas Black Heart White Soul - 忠奸人 (EPS 26-30) - 29 PTS (Peaking at 31 PTS) 
Rear Mirror - 載得有情人 (EPS 6-10) - 27 PTS (Peaking at 31 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 580-584) - 24 PTS 
Shades of Life - 我們的天空 (EP 06) - 20 PTS (SUNDAY DRAMA)
Variety Shows Miss Hong Kong Pageant 2014 Semi-Finals - 2014香港小姐競選準決賽 - 23 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS) 
Eating Well with Madam Wong - 吾淑吾食 - 21 PTS
Nowhere Girls - 沒女大翻身 - 20 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 20 PTS
Street Sorcerors 2 - 街頭魔法王2 - 17 PTS
Neighbourhood Ghost Stories - 區區有鬼故 - 11 PTS
(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)

Archived