Top_Star-p1.jpg

• Movie: Top Star
  • Revised romanization: Topseuta
  • Hangul: 톱스타
  • Director: Park Joong-Hoon
  • Writer:
  • Producer:
  • Cinematographer:
  • World Premiere: October 5, 2013 (Busan International Film Festival)
  • Release Date: October 24, 2013
  • Runtime: 107 min.
  • Distributor: Lotte Entertainment
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Tae-Sik (Uhm Tae-Woong) starts his career as a manager for top star Won-Joon (Kim Min-Jun) and eventually becomes a top star himself. Tae-Sik and Won-Joon become rivals. Their rivalry is fueled by beautiful producer Mi-Na (So E-Hyun).

Notes

1. Actor Park Joong-Hoon makes his directorial debut with "Top Star.'
  2. Filming began March 24, 2013 at cart bar in Hongje-dong, Seoul.
  3. Filming ended June 14, 2013 at Dosan Park, Seoul.

Cast

Film Festivals

Related Links

asianwiki

daum

hancinema

naver

**Please read the Forum Rules before posting and DO NOT HOTLINK pictures posted here
*Original sources need to be credited in all postings

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Bradamante

Park Joong-hoon debuts as a director

2012/06/03

photo240819.jpg

Actor Park Joong-hoon is personally drawing the intense and cold-hearted industry of entertainment.

Park Joong-hoon set up two leading characters in his scenario for "Top Star". Many are interested in this as it is being written and directed by Park Joong-hoon who has always been a big star in the movie industry.

A movie related official said, "'Top Star' is about the process of a top star falling to the ground and another character who used to be a road manager becoming a top star. As much as Park Joong-hoon has spent the past 30 years as an actor, he is dealing with the story very realistically. He has been working on this scenario for 2 years and recently revealed on his Twitter, "I didn't know it took this long to write a scenario. 27 years of my acting life is advantageous and not for me at this point".

"Top Star" should start filming in the fall and distributed by Lotte Entertainment.

Original Source: sports.donga.com

Source: hancinema

Uhm Tae Woong in Discussion to Join Park Joong Hoon’s Directorial Debut

2012-12-26 17:55  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Stewart Ho

Actor Park Joong Hoon may have found his leading man to star in his directorial debut.

Uhm Tae Woong’s agency confirmed initial reports on December 24 that the actor was in final discussions to join the cast of Park Joong Hoon’s Top Star.

47522143.jpg

The movie’s plot revolves around the successes and failures of a top star aspiring actor and his mazznager.

The movie has already secured an investment from Lotte Entertainment and is marks the first time veteran actor Park Joong Hoon will direct a movie.

The movie is looking to begin shooting in February of 2013, approximately a month after Uhm Tae Woong′s January 9 wedding.

Photo Credit: Sim Entertainment

Source: enewsworld

Uhm Tae-woong to play a Top Star on the decline
by javabeans
| February 10, 2013

utw_87.jpg

Will Uhm Tae-woong never rest? The busy actor always seems to be taking on a new project or another, despite the fact that he’s already juggling a packed schedule that includes a new wife and child, on top of his actorly duties. He’s set to appear in a movie titled Top Star, which is perhaps most notable for the fact that it is the directorial debut for Park Joong-hoon—an actor—who also wrote the screenplay.

Hm, another actor branching out into to work behind the camera? We’ve seen some examples of this in the past (such as Yoo Ji-tae and Gu Hye-sun), and maybe Park Joong-hoon drew upon his own crossover aspirations in writing the script, which deals with a manager who dreams of being an actor. When he happens across the opportunity, he takes it and unexpectedly becomes a top star… and then falls right back down. HA. I like the sound of this already.

I can picture the wackiness and the offbeat comedy, which is something I see in Park Joong-hoon’s work already as an actor (he’s one of those movie vets who always gives me the warm fuzzies; his credits include Arrest King, Sunny, Haeundae, My Gangster Boyfriend, Radio Star, and literally dozens more). I can totally see Uhm Tae-woong playing the awkward manager-turned-hot-star, given how he possesses both the charisma needed to become that overnight star and the awkwardness needed to depict a guy who’s not totally equipped to deal with it. Though let’s be honest, I tend to love Uhm Tae-woong in anything, period.

Kim Min-joon (Romance Town, Friend Our Legend) has also joined the cast, though little is available about his role or storyline. Top Star will begin filming in March.

parkjoonghoon_9a.jpg
Kim Min-joon, Park Joong-hoon

Via: Review Star

Source: dramabeans

Kim Min-joon might act again

2013/02/11

photo281516.jpg

Kim Min-joon seems to be on the move after declaring no more acting at the end of last year.

There's word that says he's coming back with the movie "Top Star" but he's not yet to make a response.

"Top Star" is actor Park Joong-hoon's director debut movie. A manager whose dream is an actor becomes a Top Star but then falls right back down again and the leading cast is Eom Tae-woong.

Original Source: heraldcorp.com

Eom Tae-woong and So I-hyeon to come back with a movie

2013/03/13

photo291265.jpg

"Top Star" created by actor Park Joong-hoon stars Eom Tae-woong and So I-hyeon.

"Top Star" is about a man who starts off as the manager of one of the greatest top stars in Korea and becomes a top star later himself.

Eom Tae-woong takes on the role of Tae-sik, the man who starts from scratch and becomes a top star himself. He is lame and innocent but suddenly changes when he is charged and provoked to become successful.

Creator Mina who will weaken Tae-sik is played by So I-hyeon. Current rising icon from "Cheongdam-dong Alice", So I-hyeon is coming back with a movie for the first time in a while.

Original Source: osen

Kim Min-joon comes back in three months

2013/03/14

photo291480.jpg

Kim Min-joon who declared temporary leave, started acting again.

Lotte Entertainment claimed that Kim is starring in the movie "Top Star" which is actor Park Joong-hoon's first movie.

Kim Min-joon posted on his Twitter in December, "I've made a decision after long thought. I will stop acting until I find a good reason for me to act again".

However, his 'temporary' action stopped in three months when Park Joong-hoon offered him a role in his movie.

"Top Star" is about a celebrity manager who started off from scratch to become a top star himself but going through a risk at the top. The cast includes Eom Tae-woong, Kim Min-joon and So I-hyeon.

Meanwhile, Kim Min-joon once revealed his relationship with a reporter named Ahn Hyeon-mo.

Original Source: mbn

class="entry-title"Kim Min Joon to return to acting career after temporarily leaving the entertainment scene

by someday1214

20121220_kimminjoon.jpg

In December, actor Kim Min Joon had announced that he would be taking an indefinite leave from his acting career, but it seems he’ll be taking a break from his leave to return for filming!

The actor will be making a return to his career after a 3 months. On March 14th, Lotte Entertainment announced that he would be appearing in new movie ‘Top Star.’

In December of 2012 he announced his leave from the entertainment scene as he commented, “I’ll be halting my acting activities until I have a reason to act again. I’ve been deliberating over this for the past few months, no, years now, and finally made the decision today.”

However, it turns out he had been cast for this role in ‘Top Star’ one year ago by director Park Jong Hun, and so he decided to fulfill his previous promise by returning to his acting career for this role.

‘Top Star’ is about a star’s manager who meets several problems after working with the star, and will feature Uhm Tae Woong and So Yi Hyun as well.

Are you excited to see the actor’s return?

Source: allkpop.com

Casting for Director PARK Joong-hoon's TOP STAR Complete
by KIM Hyun-min  /  Mar 15, 2013

UHM Tae-woong, KIM Min-jun and SO E-hyun to Star

TdtpqPQdrlLoybukIbLj.jpg

Top Star, the first film directed by PARK Joong-hoon, one of the representative actors of Korea, has unveiled its cast. UHM Tae-woong, KIM Min-jun and SO E-hyun have confirmed their participation in the film. PARK Joong-hoon has proved his value as both a popular and quality actor by appearing in LEE Joon-ik’s Radio Star, IM Kwon-taek’s Hanji and JK YOUN’s Haeundae among others.

Top Star is a drama about the wonders and cruelty of show business where a man raises his status from being the manager of Korea’s top actor to becoming a top star himself. The main character Tae-sik will be acted by UHM Tae-woong, who received notice for his starring turn in Architecture 101 last year. Won-jun, the top star who Tae-sik worked with before but becomes a rival, will be played by KIM Min-jun. SO E-hyun will act as Mi-na, a producer who steals their hearts with her outstanding beauty and professional excellence. As the main casting has finished, Top Star is ready for shooting.

Source: koreanfilm

Actor takes director's chair Sunday

2013/03/18

photo292364.jpg

Actor Park Joong-hoon starts filming his own movie - "Top Star" - March 24, he said on Twitter last week, making his debut as a director.

Eom Tae-woong, a regular member of the KBS reality show "1 Night 2 Days" and actress So I-hyeon, who starred in the TV drama "Cheongdam-dong Alice" that ended in January, will take a leading roles.

Kim Min-joon from the 2012 movie "The Concubine" also recently agreed to take part as a lead character. Kim, who announced his plan to stop acting in December, decided to return to the entertainment scene after only three months.

Kim received a call from Park last year and just recently decided to join the team.

The movie "Top Star" will depict the life of a personal manager for a top star, who later becomes a star himself.

Uhm will play the manager-turned-star, while Kim will be the already-famous celebrity for whom Uhm works.

By Lee Sun-min

Original Source: koreajoongangdaily

Guest Bradamante

10-32.jpg
11-28.jpg
12-22.jpg
13-20.jpg
Source: kstar10

TOP STAR Directed by PARK Joong-hoon Begins Shoot
by KIM Hyun-min /  Mar 28, 2013

Big Names in Korean Film Industry Lend Support

JyBLoMbUapoxeXbrqVfB.jpg

Actor PARK Joong-hoon, who has the reputation of being Korea's national actor, began shooting his first film as a director, Top Star on March 24th. The first shoot took place at a bar in Seoul and it shows Taeshik (played by UHM Tae-woong) beginning to change after he gets to the top of his acting career. UHM plays the character of a naive manager who has the dream of becoming an actor. His character then turns into a passionate actor and as he reaches the top star status, he begins to change.
Prior to the first shoot, there was a well-wishing ceremony in the traditional Korean style to wish good luck during filming. Many big names from the industry attended including KIM Dong-ho, honorary festival director of the Busan International Film Festival as well as directors IM Kwon-taek, KANG Woo-suk, KANG Je-kyu and actors AHN Sung-ki and JANG Dong-gun.
KIM Dong-ho, who has recently directed a short film Jury said, "I hope 10 million people will come and see Top Star which has been directed by a real top star." AHN Sung-ki said, "I've never seen a well-wishing ceremony for a film attended by so many people. I hope all of their support will help make a great film."

Source: koreanfilm

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asyree

@Bradamante , thanks for the update for the upcoming movie. As an UTW fan myself (lol, look at my ava
:) ) I anticipate this so much. It seems that they are still busy filming, eh? I can't wait for more updates from you. Kamsahamnida!!! 
:)>-

• 1 month later...
Guest Bradamante

Yoo Ji-tae visits Park Joong-hoon

2013/05/16

photo310163.jpg

Yoo Ji-tae, actor and director visited Park Joong-hoon who is also looking forward to a directing debut.

Yoo Ji-tae appeared at the filming set of "Top Star" with snacks and supported his fellow actor and the other staff. Park Joong-hoon was very happy to see him and took him around introducing him to all the standby actors and actresses.

With the common factor that they are both actors and directors, they shared a conversation about their movie aspects. Park also congratulated Yoo about the nomination of his movie "Mai Ratima" at the Doville Asian Film Festival.

Park Joong-hoon said, "I am so happy he came. His movie "Mai Ratima" will be released on the 6th of June and I hope many people will support it. It's not bright and cheerful but it is very touching".

Yoo Ji-tae's first feature film "Mai Ratima" stars Bae Soo-bin, Park Ji-soo and So Yoo-jin. This movie is a mellow human drama about the solitary love of these men and women. Park Joong-hoon's "Top Star" is about a man who started off as a manager of a star but becomes a star himself. This movie stars Eom Tae-woong, Kim Min-joon, So I-hyeon and more.

Original Source: nate

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nedenuleyn

I hope that this movie becomes a hit. By the way,Uhm Tae Woong and So-E Hyun acted together in Resurrection in 2005.
200508192004043480.jpg?w=200&h=300200508192000082910.jpg?w=300&h=230200508192020058100.jpg?w=300&h=199200508192020053540.jpg?w=300&h=207images-26.jpg?w=640indir1.jpg?w=640tumblr_mmkb8qile31r39atqo1_250.gif?w=640tumblr_mmkb8qile31r39atqo2_250.gif?w=640

Guest Bradamante

박중훈, '톱스타' 촬영현장 공개에 누리꾼들 '관심↑'

티브이데일리 원문 기사전송 2013-06-07 12:44

1370575927_522079.jpg

[티브이데일리 강다영 인턴기자] 배우 박중훈이 영화 ‘톱스타’ 촬영현장을 공개해 눈길을 끌었다.

박중훈은 자신의 트위터에 “어제 오늘 쉬고 주말부터 다시 폭풍촬영 돌입합니다. 엄태웅, 김민준, 소이현 배우가 정말 멋지게 나와요. 엄정화 씨도 특별출연 했어요”라는 글과 함께 여러 장의 사진을 게재했다.

공개된 사진에는 열연 중인 김민준, 소이현의 모습과 ‘감독’ 박중훈의 모습이 담겨있다. 특히 주인공 김민준과 특별출연한 엄정화가 화려한 차림을 하고 찍은 사진이 공개돼 누리꾼들의 호기심을 자극했다.

한 편 ‘톱스타’는 대한민국 최고 톱배우의 매니저로 시작해 열전과 야망을 무기로 톱스타 반열에 오르는 한 남자와 그를 둘러싼 연예계의 화려함과 비정함을 그린 묵직한 드라마이다. 박중훈이 처음으로 메가폰을 잡아 화제가 되었으며 엄태웅, 김민준, 소이현이 주연을 맡았다.

[티브이데일리 강다영 인턴기자 news@tvdaily.co.kr/사진출처=박중훈 트위터]

Source: nate

Google Translation

Bakjunghun 'top star' shooting disclosure of netizens 'attention ↑'

[Creative Edaily River Dayoung intern reporter] This movie actress bakjunghun 'top star' shooting scene attracted disclose.

Bakjunghun on his Twitter "Yesterday Today resting from the weekend storm back to rush shots. Uhm Tae Woong, June, you soyihyeon actors come out really nicely. Mr. Hwa was a special guest appearance "with the article posted several photos.

Photos released in June, are hot-rolled, soyihyeon look and 'directed' the appearance of bakjunghun is embedded. June, and a special appearance, especially the main character dressed in a gorgeous Hwa and taken to the public has been aroused the curiosity of netizens.

The 'top stars' best top actors as manager of the Republic of Korea started as a weapon thermal and ambition to climb to the rank of top stars a man and splendor of the entertainment world around him and drew bijeongham is a heavy drama. Bakjunghun topic of the first to grab a megaphone and Uhm Tae Woong, June, you soyihyeon two starred.

Guest Bradamante

Eom Tae-woong shows friendship with Kim Min-joon

2013/06/09

photo317739.jpg

Actor Eom Tae-woong took a picture of the movie Kim Min-joon is starring in.

Eom Tae-woong posted on his Twitter, "Min-joon finished his final scene. I might've not known what a great person he is if it wasn't for this movie. Good job".

The picture of Kim Min-joon is of him in a tuxedo, standing in front of a luxury Sedan.

Netizens say, "I can't wait for the movie", "Eom Tae-woong seems to have a good amount of affection for Kim Min-joon" and more.

"Top Star" is about a manager who suddenly lands in the position of a top star but falling quickly. The cast includes Eom Tae-woong, Kim Min-joon, So I-hyeon and Ahn Seong-gi. This movie is also Park Joong-hoon's movie debut after 2 years of scenario planning.

Original Source: tvreport

201306101646261010_1.jpg
Source: nate

Guest asyree

"Kim Min Joon, Nowadays Uhm Tae Woong is having a great newlywed"

30000277909_700.jpg

On the 7th, Kim Min Joon was on SBS PowerFM 107.7MHz "Park So Hyun's Love Game" . Kim Min Joon who was on radio for the first time said "It's more nerving than I thought"  and did the opening for the DJ Park So Hyun who got a cold. He introduced himself and got a warm applause.

Kim Min Joon is currently working on the movie "Top Star" with Uhm tae woong. DJ Park So hyun who is working with them both on "Top Star" said if she were to compare Kim Min Joon and Uhm Tae Woong, what can/is better of Kim Min Joon. "What you are better than Uhm Tae Woong for, is that you're tall and you have big feet? If I must point something out, then it must be your sense of humor" she replied.

Continuing, he (Kim Min Joon) said jokingly "Uhm Tae woong thinks the mood of the set is secured but it's not as fun as you think. I have more sense of humor."

Kim Min Joon also joked and laughed by saying "Uhm tae woong is always pointing about me being an old-bachelor. It's the fault that he is spending a very good time as a newlywed"

On the 7th, Kim Min Joon was on SBS PowerFM 107.7MHz "Park So Hyun's Love Game" . Kim Min Joon who was on radio for the first time said "It's more nerving than I thought"  and did the opening for the DJ Park So Hyun who got a cold. He introduced himself and got a warm applause.

Kim Min Joon is currently working on the movie "Top Star" with Uhm tae woong. DJ Park So hyun who is working with them both on "Top Star" said if she were to compare Kim Min Joon and Uhm Tae Woong, what can/is better of Kim Min Joon. "What you are better than Uhm Tae Woong for, is that you're tall and you have big feet? If I must point something out, then it must be your sense of humor" she replied.

Continuing, he (Kim Min Joon) said jokingly "Uhm Tae woong thinks the mood of the set is secured but it's not as fun as you think. I have more sense of humor."

Kim Min Joon also joked and laughed by saying "Uhm tae woong is always pointing about me being an old-bachelor. It's the fault that he is spending a very good time as a newlywed"

Translation credit to: @atomicka

Guest Bradamante

class="art_title"Park Joong-hoon Calls It a Wrap for Directorial Debut

Actor Park Joong-hoon wrapped up production on his directorial debut "Top Star" with a final shoot in Seoul late last week, film distributor Lotte Entertainment said on Thursday. Filming took three months.

"Directors are important in movie-making, but a film is more than just a director's work. It is not only my movie, but rather it belongs to the entire crew. I'm really grateful to everyone who worked with me on this," said Park.

2013062101044_0.jpg
Park Joong-hoon (right) poses for a photo with actor Uhm Tae-woong after wrapping up production on his directorial debut in Seoul on Friday. /Courtesy of Lotte Entertainment

"I'm sad that shooting has finished. I felt like I wanted this to continue for years," gushed leading man Uhm Tae-woong, who starts off managing the talent and ends up becoming the top talent in the flick. "Of all the pictures I've been involved with, I felt most comfortable on this one, and the atmosphere on-set was amazing."

"Top Star" is a fictional account of Korea's entertainment world and the wealth, extravagance and sometimes harsh realities that riddle the lives of its leading celebrities. The film is scheduled to be released in the latter half of this year.

englishnews@chosun.com / Jun. 21, 2013 11:07 KST

Source: chosun.com

• 2 months later...
Guest Bradamante

class="headline"Busan Film Fest Reveals Massive New Program

2013-09-04

Pierce Conran

2013%20-%20BIFF-thumb-300xauto-41843.jpg

The 18th Busan International FIlm Festival (BIFF) is just a month away and yesterday BIFF revealed their packed new lineup. 301 films from 70 countries will be screened over the event's 10 days, including 95 world premieres and 42 international premieres.

Opening the festival will be the Bhutanese Vara: A Blessing from Bhutan. Closing the event will be The Dinner, the 3rd feature by local indie filmmaker Kim Dong-hyun.

Gala presentations include Bong Joon-ho's Snowpiercer, billed as its major festival debut by the programming team, and Kim Jee-woon's new short The X, which is the first film developed with CGV's brand new Screen X exhibition technology. The Japanese remake of Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven will also get the red carpet treatment.

Many of the luminaries of Asian cinema are featured in this year's Window on Asian Cinema program, including Jia Zhangke (A Touch of Sin), Aoyama Shinji (Backwater), Koreeda Hirokazu (Like Father Like Son), Kurosawa Kiyoshi (Real), Chung Mong-hong (Soul), Tsai Ming-liang (Stray Dogs), Asghar Farhadi (The Past) and Sono Sion (Why Don't You Play in Hell?).

As to be expected, a large number of major new Korean films will be screening, such as the latest works from Kim Ki-duk (Moebius), Hong Sangsoo (Nobody's Daughter Haewon and Our Sunhi), Ryoo Seung-wan (The Berlin File), Jeon Kyu-hwan (My Boy), Yeun Sang-ho (The Fake), Lee Jang-ho (God's Eye View), Shin Young-shick (Rough Play) and Noh Young-seok (Intruders). Also of note are the directing debuts of actors Ha Jung-woo (Roller Coaster) and Park Joong-hoon (Top Star).

Many more Korean films are featured in the Korean Cinema Today as well as other sections, including a comprehensive retrospective on Korean cinema legend Im Kwon-taek and a commemoration of the recently deceased Park Chul-soo.

BIFF will take place over October 3-12 this year.

Source: twitchfilm.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bradamante

216F0B405236CF9831182F

온 몸으로 카메라 세례를 받는 레드카펫 위의 톱스타,
최고를 꿈꾸는 그들의 숨겨진 이야기를 그리다!

국민배우 박중훈의 감독변신으로 영화계 안팎의 뜨거운 관심을 모으고 있는 영화 <톱스타>가 레드카펫 위의 순간을 포착한 포스터를 공개하며 영화계 새로운 ‘톱스타’의 등극을 알렸다.

2720E14F52327018251E79

최고를 꿈꾸는 남자 태식(엄태웅)과 최고의 스타인 원준(김민준), 그리고 최고를 만드는 여자이자 원준의 오랜 연인인 미나(소이현)까지, 영화 <톱스타>는 화려해 보이지만 성공과 배신, 꿈과 욕망이 뒤섞여있는 그들의 감춰진 이야기를 그리고 있다. 포스터는 진정한 톱스타만이 누릴 수 있는 레드카펫 위 카메라 세례, 그 속에 서 있는 세 남녀의 표정이 눈길을 끈다. 카메라를 노려보며 뭔가를 갈망하는 듯한 눈빛을 보이는 엄태웅과 달리 김민준과 소이현에게서는 대한민국 최고의 스타와 제작자로서의 여유로움이 느껴진다. 이처럼 서로 다른 세 사람의 눈빛은 영화 <톱스타> 속 그들의 관계를 짐작하게 한다.

◈ 미공개 스틸

26210F4F5232707C27E64B

2608E43F5232D6AF32C2D7

246A15425232D6BA2ECE8B

262D63485232708734B480

함께 공개된 스틸컷에서는 톱스타의 매니저이지만 배우의 꿈을 갖고 하루하루 열심히 살아가고 있는 태식(엄태웅)의 모습부터, 톱스타가 되고 난 후 각각 원준(김민준)과 미나(소이현)와의 관계가 변화된 분위기를 엿볼 수 있다. 또한 배우에서 감독으로 변신해 촬영 현장을 지키는 박중훈 감독의 모습도 공개되어 기대감을 더욱 증폭시킨다.

28년간 최고 스타의 자리를 지켜온 박중훈이 그만이 그릴 수 있고, 그가 가장 잘 아는 이야기로 메가폰을 잡았기에 더욱 궁금해지는 영화 <톱스타>. 엄태웅과 김민준, 소이현의 깊이 있는 연기로 연예계의 감춰진 이야기를 더욱 리얼하게 보여줄 예정이다.

대한민국의 톱스타 박중훈이 연출을 맡아 최고를 꿈꾸는 별들의 무대인 연예계의 숨겨진 이야기를 그릴 영화 <톱스타>! 오는 10월 극장가에 센세이션을 일으킬 것이다.

Source: magazine.movie.daum.net

Archived