[Movie 2013] The Five 더 파이브

Guest Yang_EunBi

Guest Yang_EunBi

THE FIVE 더 파이브
photo266081.jpg

MOVIE INFO:
Title: The Five/ The 5ive Hearts ♥ Korean Title: 더 파이브♥ Revised Romanization: Deo Paibeu♥ Hangul: 더 파이브Genre: Thriller♥ Director: Jung Yeon-Sik♥ Production Cinema Service (시네마서비스)   ♥ Distribution CJ Entertainment (CJ Entertainment)
Release Date: Mid- 2013

MOVIE PLOT:

The Five’ revolves around the story of orphan Eun Ha (Kim Sun Ah), who lost her family in a brutal murder. To seek revenge to her family’s murderer, she formed a secret organization and gave up her organs as guarantee.

MAIN CHARACTERS:

Kim Sun Ah as Eun Ha
Ma Dong Seok as Dae Ho
Lee Chung Ah as Jung Ha
Shin Jong Keun as Nam Cheol
Jung In Ki as Cheol Min
On Joo Wan as Jae Wook
Park Hyo Joo as Hye Jin

NEWS:

* Kim Sun Ah for "The Five"?
* Kim Sun Ah in "The Five"
* Ma Dong Seok to star in web-toon movie "The Five"
* Lee Chung Ah in "The Five"
* Kim Sun Ah to make way back to the big screen
* "The Five" confirms its cast
* Lee Chung Ah to return to the big screen with "the Five"

Guest Yang_EunBi

Kim Seon-ah for "The Five"?

photo266089.jpg

Actress Kim Seon-ah is thinking about the movie "The Five".

It seems that she hasn't made a decision yet but is looking through the script thoroughly.

"The Five" is about a mother in a wheelchair who puts her organs on the line to people who need them to take her revenge on a serial killer who took away her family. The original is from a web-toon and is directed by the writer Jeong Yeon-sik himself.

Meanwhile, Kim Seon-ah is currently taking a break after the MBC drama "I Do, I Do".

via hancinema

Guest Yang_EunBi

Kim Seon-ah in "The Five"

photo268890.jpg

Actress Kim Seong-ah is starring in the movie "The Five".

According to several sources, Kim Seon-ah is currently the leading role in the movie "The Five". She will be taking on the role of Eun-ah.

"The Five" is based on a web-toon and is written and directed by Jeong Yeon-sik. A woman who loses her family to a serial killer puts her organs on the line to take revenge with defectors, former gangsters and delinquent borrowers. The constant thrill and tension of it is what makes it so exciting.

While it's been a trend for movies to be made based on web-toons, "The Five" is known for the fact that the web-toon was released based on the scenario before the movie.

Kim Seon-ah takes on the role of Eun-ah, the woman who loses everything and the rest of the cast are still in progress.

Meanwhile, Kim Seon-ah is expected to make another change in her character after her recent dramas,"Scent of a Woman" and "I Do, I Do".

via hancinema

Guest Yang_EunBi

Ma Dong-seok to star in web-toon movie "The Five"

photo274845.jpg

Actor Ma Dong-seok is starring in another major movie this year.

According to several sources, Ma Dong-seok has confirmed to star in "The Five" which is focused on by many movie makers.

"The Five" is based on a web-toon written and directed by Jeong Yeon-sik. The movie is about a woman who loses everything to a serial killer and takes revenge along with a North Korean defector, gangster and all those isolated from society with her intestines on the line. It was evaluated that the endlessly tense storyline is overwhelming.

Ma Do-seok takes on the role of gangster Dae-ho who helps Eun-ah (Kim Seon-ah) with the revenge for the sake of his wife who needs a transplant.

Ma Dong-seok has been climbing the stocks since his appearances in the movie "Nameless Gangster","Neighbors" and others. He has also starred in "Love 911" this year. His performance in "The Five" is highly expected to please many.

While there are many movies based on web-toons being built, "The Five" can be sought different in the fact that the web-toon based on the scenario was out first.

via hancinema

Guest Yang_EunBi

Lee Cheong-ah in "The Five"

photo275807.jpg

Actress Lee Cheong-ah has joined the movie "The Five".

According to sources, Lee Cheong-ah takes on the role of Jeong-ha who takes revenge on Eun-ah (Kim Seon-ah) for her mother's treatment. This is her screen come back for the first time in 3 years. From being the happy-go-lucky character in "Flower Boy Ramyun Shop", Lee Cheong-ah is going to be a credit delinquent who works in an illegal detective agency.

"The Five" is about a woman who lost her family to a serial killer, teaming up with North Korean defector and former gangsters to get her revenge. It is based on an original web-toon. It is written and directed by the web-toon designer Jeong Yeon-sik.

via hancinema

Guest Yang_EunBi

class="entry-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px 0px 4px; font-weight: normal; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"‘The Five’ Confirms its Cast2013013008514016141_1

The cast of ‘The Five’. From left: Jung In Ki, Park Hyo Joo, Ma Dong Seok, Kim Sun Ah, On Joo Wan and Lee Chung Ah

After confirming Kim Sun AhMa Dong Seok and Lee Chung Ah, revenge-thriller movie The Five’  announced its additional cast. Joining them are On Joo Wan (Twelve Men In A Year, My Love By My Side)Jung In Ki (Cheongdamdong Alice, King of Dramas), and Park Hyo Joo (The Chaser).

‘The Five’ revolves around the story of orphan Eun Ha (Kim Sun Ah), who lost her family in a brutal murder. To seek revenge to her family’s murderer, she formed a secret organization and gave up her organs as guarantee.

Ma Dong Seok takes on the role of Dae Ho, a gangster who will help Eun Ha in exchange for her organ which his wife needs for transplant while Lee Chung Ah‘s character is Jung Ha, a credit delinquent who works in an illegal detective agency and wants to seek revenge on Eun Ha.

The role of the other characters has not yet been revealed but I’m totally okay with cast especially with On Joo Wan whom I really adore in 2011 ‘s My Love By My Side.

Filming will start mid- February and is expected to be released in June, 2013.

via leechungahfandom.wordpress.com

Guest Yang_EunBi

class="entry-title" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px 0px 4px; font-weight: normal; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Chung Ah returns to the big screen with ‘The Five’

January 30, 2013 7:30 pm dkrogers

2013013014305793695_1.jpg

Actress Lee Chung Ah will return to the big screen in three years with the movie The Five.

On January 30, Lee’s agency King Kong Entertainment, said, “Lee will make her appearance on the movie The Five, three years after she appeared on Oh Happy Day.

The movie is about an ordinary girl, who lost her family to a serial killer, and seeks vengeance with other people. Writer Jung Yeon Sik, who wrote a cartoon under the same title, will direct the movie. Actress Kim Sun Ah will play the role of the girl.

Lee will play the role of Jung Ha, who joins with Eun Ah (played by Kim) to save her mother and discovers some decisive clues.

Lee received a lot of attention by appearing on tvN’s series Flower Boy Ramyun Shop. She will give a full 180 degree different performance on The Five.

The movie will be cranked in in mid-February.

Source: Starnews via korea.com

Guest ev@ngeline

excellent! I missed to kim sun ah :) is a great actress and I always like everything I see it, either movie or drama :D, and I also see that there is a large cast in this movie, just waiting to see it, I'm sure it will be a movie too good. :)

Guest Yang_EunBi

ev@ngeline said: excellent! I missed to kim sun ah :) is a great actress and I always like everything I see it, either movie or drama :D, and I also see that there is a large cast in this movie, just waiting to see it, I'm sure it will be a movie too good. :)

Guest Yang_EunBi

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: 'Sorts Mill Goudy', serif; font-size: 33px; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px 0px 0.3em 1.4em; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 41px; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; word-wrap: break-word;"NEWS: “The Five” Movie adaptation Director Jang Yeon Shik talks about Go Eun and her attempt to seek revengeFeb25

This is not a new article. This was actually published in Movieweek last year (March 19, 2012). I just found this on the Facebook news feed of a friend. But I got curious about it and I also just want to try some reading and translations today so I’m reading it. Might as well time myself because I usually take my entire day when doing translations. :( And as always, please take my translations with a grain of salt. And also note that I got really lazy translating the second half. :)

——-

The fact that the movie will be directed by the creator of the original webtoon is exciting. However, more than adhering to the original web toon, Director Jang Yeong Shik intends to come up with a version of The Five that fits the new medium – film.

htm_20120319173248020000020301-002

Q: On what stage is the movie production now?

A: The screenplay is almost finished.

Q: The webtoon’s popularity was skyhigh so most probably you have received lots of calls from different movie production company. Why did you chose to work with Cinema Service?

A: I received calls from 14 different production companies. More than the money and contract terms I consider the production’s stability. At the same time I have my outmost trust to Producer Kang Oh Seok.

Q: While doing the dramatization, which points or parts did you give emphasis on?

A: Comics and movies are two different mediums. I think that when a comics is to be adapted into a movie, the former should be altered to match the later. With that being said, the movie’s ending will be different from the comics (alodia: 헉!!! ㅠㅠ Noooo!!!! I sooooo love the ending of the comics!!! I hope when he said ending, he doesn’t necessarily mean the-final-scene-ending. Anyway, I trust him and I believe that, more than anyone else, he is the first person who wouldn’t want to mess his precious work up. If he’ll change the ending I’m sure it will be as awesome, if not more awesome!) Just like the comics it will have a touching ending but there will be something more heartwarming along with that (alodia: 앗싸! I told you Dia! 걱정마!). When I wrote the draft 3 years ago, I came up with many different versions for the ending. The ending of the comics is just one of those many different versions. If you adhere so much to the original when adapting  it to a movie, the movie will not be able to have a life of its own. I believe that a movie in itself is a totally different medium. With that, all I am bringing from the comics is the framework. Comics and movies are very different. We often hear that adaptations can’t sustain the charm of the original work. Luckily I will be the one directing this (laughs).

Q: The character/s in the comics is an/are excellent one/s. How’s the casting?

A: Right now it’s almost finalized. I just can’t reveal it yet but you’ll be surprised! (alodia: ^_^)

Q: Will we be surprised because it’s going to be some big star? Or because it will be someone unexpected?

A: Both! (alodia: ^_^ I’m loving Director Jang more and more. Go on please! :) )

Q: While casting for the main character, Go Eun Ah, what was it that you looked for?

A: “After this movie, I will never have any CF offers anymore!” First and foremost I wanted to avoid those kind of actresses with this kind of thinking. Luckily our actress is someone who doesn’t care about those kind of stuff. (alodia: If I had read this article/this part before it was revealed that it’s going to be Kim Sun Ah, I would’ve known right away that it’s her! One of the very few actresses who doesn’t care about sacrificing her appearance/image as long as she can bring life to a character! ^_^)

Q: Who on earth could it be? (laughs)

A: A popular actress who is excellent in acting (alodia: One more word Director Jang and I’m setting up a fans club for you and you alone! ^_^ It’s more fun and lovely when someone talks good things about someone unnamed.)

Q: Before Eun Ah turned ruthless, she was just an ordinary housewife, right?

A: Yes, that’s why we wanted an actress who doesn’t only has a bright and cheerful image but can also completely change and do a 360 degree reversal of that image.

Q: Eun Ah is a very cinematic and charming character. But towards the end of the original comics, she grew weaker.

A: During the adaptation, Eun Ah’s character will be stronger. Overall the story and the 4 other characters will be enhanced in the movie. The villain, no matter how evil he is, will be seen as someone charming by the audience too.

Q: Is that character a psychopath?

A: Exactly. A “natural” evil. He’ll be a bit more realistic than the original comics version.

Q: What kind of feeling/texture are you planning on the film’s cinematography?

A: This time I’ll be working with Director (cinematographer?) Kim Hyeong Gu and it seems like our taste are quite similar. More than shortening the images in a flashy manner, we are planning to focus on the story. Our goal is for the image not to interfere with the story. The strength of The Five, to begin with, is its story.

Q: The Five’s plot is driven by tension, isn’t it?

A: And so as not to loose it, we are working thoroughly to maintain it. This is the most difficult thing for the director. The Five’s plot is originally meant for a comics. Since then I’ve been working on the screenplay for about 3 years. So even if I’m a rookie director, the fact that the preparation time is quite long, it has helped me a lot.

Q: Director Kang Woo Seok had an experience in adapting a manhwa to movie. Did he give you any advice?

A: Surprising as it is, Director Kang Woo Seok is not the type who will utter a single word of advice, rather he will observe silently. Until now he has never been involved directly to the project.

Q: The Five is a project with a message that gives a new perspective on how one views the world. What kind of message will the movie have?

A: Eun Ah is an orphan who had difficulties in getting married (alodia: her in-laws doesn’t approve of her). She is just starting to live a happy life when it was  snatched from her and was once again left alone. On top of that, she became handicapped. And I still think that _____. That’s why this movie is a story of a character marginalized by society. It would be wonderful if the movie will be worth the sympathy of the female audiences as well.

Q: If you can describe this movie in one word, what would it be?

A: It’s not a movie full of surprises, it’s a movie filled with suspense.

Q: When will this movie premiere?

A: The filming will begin the first part of May and we are planning to premiere on theaters before the year ends. We are currently squeezing the schedule of the second half of the remaining work that needs to be done (alodia: Please note this article was published last year. They started filming a few days ago and are aiming for a fall or winter premiere).

Q: Are you going to use a lot of computer graphics?

A: Yes. Among my desires now are __________ (laughs). So I am in the process of appealing to the staff (?). The schedule was very tight when the comics was being published so I had to let go of some visuals. If we can reinforce graphics too, we can provide a great cinematic attraction for the viewers. That’s also the reason why domino was chosen. It is not only for the sake of the story. It’s something to look forward to. (alodia: Yeah, I almost forgot about the domino. As what the director keeps saying on this interview, the story is really the strongest suit of this project. So strong I almost forgot about the domino and the possible wonderful cinematic execution of it when turned into a film. I AM looking forward to it!)

htm_20120319173248020000020301-001

A revenge story of an ordinary woman who was deprived of happiness. Fast pace and flashy storytelling. Frightening and brutal images of crime and revenge alongside values of family, friendship and humanity. A heart-warming story that will make your heart tremble at one moment and will make you burst into tears the next.

source: mykoreancorner.wordpress.com

Guest Yang_EunBi

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: 'Sorts Mill Goudy', serif; font-size: 33px; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px 0px 0.3em 1.4em; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 41px; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; word-wrap: break-word;"

Kim Seon-ah's Fatal Appeal

photo286463.jpg

Actress Kim Seon-ah's charisma in a photo shoot has everyone mesmerized.

Kim Seon-ah displayed chic and elegance through a private photo shoot for the fashion magazine, "In Style".

Kim Seon-ah's experience and know-how's can be seen this photo shoot. She displayed diverse poses and expressions, perfecting the photos. She also added liveliness to the set with her warmth and humanly appeal.

Kim was sporting short cut and red hair with smoky eye make-up, with a white colored jacket and metallic accessories.

Kim Seon-ah is posing with confidence and charisma, monitoring herself with each cut.

Meanwhile, Kim Seon-ah is starring in the movie "The Five" and she can be seen in the March edition of IN Style which is celebrating its 10th year anniversary.

source: hancinema

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived