[Movie 2012] 26 Years 26년

cynkdf

Love the 5-min highlights clip, many thanks to Onsemiro for the English subs.

http://youtu.be/DhJgLd6UESY

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?clipid=45707870&rtes=y

Trailer released on 5 November 2012 - thanks to uploader.

Many thanks to mydearkorea for the English subtitles:

From 8 Nov 2012, the Movie started releasing character posters.

http://www.facebook.com/Movie26years#!/Movie26years

First, Jin Goo as Kwak Jin-Bae:

26yearscharposterjg1.jpg

26yearscharposterjg2.jpg

Han Hye Jin as Shim Mi-Jin:

26yearshhjposter1.jpg

26yearshhjposter2.jpg

Im Seul Ong as Kwon Jung-Hyuk

26yearsiso1.png

26yearsiso2.png

Bae Soo Bin as Kim Joo-An

26yearsbsbposter2.jpg

26yearsbsbposter1.jpg

Lee Kyeong Yeong as Kim Gap-Se

26yearsLKY1.jpg

26yearsLKY-1.jpg

Poster released on 5 Nov 2012:

26Yearssecondposter.jpg

1st teaser poster released on 18 Oct 2012:

26years1stposterjanggwang.jpg

Thank you in particular to Logicalsong and wmpc for input:

KBS News 5.18 26 Years Movie - The Power of the Citizens:

• Movie: 26 Years
  • Revised romanization: 26 Nyeon
  • Hangul: 26
  • Director: Jo Keun Hyun 조근현 (former art director when the movie "26 Years"original crew was formed)
  • Writer: Lee Hae-Young  이해영 (script) Kangfull 강풀‏ (webtoon)
  • Producer: Choi Yong Bae   최용
  • Cinematographer:
  • Release Date: November, 2012
  • Runtime: 135 minutes
  • Language: Korean

Twitter: @movie26years

Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/Movie26years

Cast

Jin Goo 진구  - Kwak Jin-Bae  곽진 (gang member) Han Hye Jin  한혜진- Shim Mi-Jin  심미(shooter of national team) Im Seul Ong  임슬옹- Kwon Jung-Hyuk  권정 (policeman) Bae Soo Bin  배수빈 – Kim Joo-Ann 김주안 (the son and secretary of Kim Gap-Se, the schemer of the assassination plan) Jang Gwang  장광- Chun Doo-Hwan (ex-president) Lee Kyeong Yeong  이경-  Kim Gap-Se 김갑세 (Survivor/soldier of the Gwangju Massacre, now  a successful CEO who chose the members of the assassination team)Lee Mi Do 이미도 - Kwak Jin-Bae's motherCho Deok Jeh 조덕제.- Ma Sang-Reol (the office of the ex-Presidential security)

Plot

26 years earlier state troops were ordered to open fire on civilians in the city of Gwangju, who were demonstrating as a part of a democratic movement. Thousands of civilians were killed.

Now, a shooter from the national team, a gang member, policeman, CEO from a large company and director of a private security outfit get involved in a plan to convict the person responsible for the massacre that occurred during the Gwangju Democratization Movement.

Kwak Jin-Bae (Jin Goo) is a gang member who lost his father in the Gwangju Democratization Movement. He wants to get revenge. Shim Mi-Jin (Han Hye Jin) is a shooter from the national team. She is the shooter for the covert team. Policeman Kwon Jung-Hyuk (Im Seul Ong)  lost his family in the Gwangju Democratization Movement. He is now responsible for the cars that have access to the ex-president’s house.

Note:  The movie is based on the Korean web comic “26 Years” by Kangfull. http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/kangfull26

Credit:  Asianwiki, Naver, Hancinema

Background of the Movie Project

Movie is based on the Korean comic "26 Years." As of October 8, 2008 "26 Years" has been halted due to financing issues. Since the movie is centered around a sensitive real life situation financiers have been reluctant to back this project. Chungeorahm Films has committed to financing 50% of the movie, but the filmmakers are now looking for additional funding. Actors have finished the script reading portion of the film making process. Original cast members were Kim Ah-Joong, Ryoo Seung-Bum, Jin Goo, Joo Jin-Mo-I (not the JJM of "Gabi" fame) Han Sang-Jin, Cheon Ho-Jinn and Byun Hee-Bong and the movie was to be directed by Lee Hae-Young. As of January 6, 2012 "26 Years" is going back into pre-production phase with Kwon Chil-In selected as the movie's new director. March 16, 2012, movie has again been postponed. Production has resumed with director Jo Keun-Hyun now directing the film. Filming began on July 19 2012.Filming finished October 10, 2012.

Credit: Asianwiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/26_Years_(film)

also has links to several articles in English about casting for the movie.

Links to the respective Soompi threads of '26 Years'  cast members:

Jin Goo

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/63510/x

Han Hye Jin

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2507/x

2AM (Im Seul Ong is a member of 2AM):

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/155692/x

Bae Soo Bin

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/289729/x

Request to any mod reading this:  Could I trouble you to update the thread directory as I don't know where to report the new thread. Many thanks.

Edit: Many thanks to the mod who updated the thread directory with the link to the 26 Years thread.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for starting this thread for 26 Years! If anyone outside Korea would like to contribute funding the film, please send me a private message and I'll be able to give you further details on how you can proceed.The following are behind the scenes stills of Han Hye Jin from her management's facebook page - Namooactors
154_326829500744536_836143382_n.jpg
582206_326829517411201_1998467018_n.jpg
540408_326829527411200_2110881306_n.jpg
418600_326829540744532_1617404576_n.jpg
199364_344999112260908_1346398867_n.jpg
308078_344999142260905_1293006663_n.jpg
156507_344999178927568_1883632260_n.jpg
62540_344999188927567_1475014306_n.jpg
And the following are playful snaps shared by Han Hye Jin herself through twitter - @megumizzang:
A4MrR6vCAAAuDKJ.jpg:large미진아... http://pic.twitter.com/65yQngIj
A4MrLc6CMAAYMfq.jpg:large미진아. 미진이는. 미진이가. 미진이를. 미진이한테...  http://pic.twitter.com/65yQngIj
esaw3ykj:tw1
ocoiukruj:tw1손가락을 왜~? 또 본인의 연기가 아쉬워 뒷 연기중 ㅎㅎㅎ ^^; http://yfrog.com/esaw3ykj
kfxognij:tw126년 포스터 촬영중. 우리 영화 남자배우들 참 잘났다. ㅎ 진구배우님은 하두 돌아 다니셔서 포착 못함 ^^ http://yfrog.com/kfxognij oc6ylupkj:tw1이노무 인기는 식을 줄을 모르네~ 컷만 하면 나에게 몰려드는 사랑하는 우리 26년 스텝들 ^^ 스릉흡니드~ 
obikmdgtj:tw1우리 26년 감독님들 완전 스릉흡니드~^^http://yfrog.com/obikmdgtj 
ansgof오늘 꽃과 같은 강풀 작가님 오셨어요^^; RT @kangfull74: 배수빈. 진구. 꽃. 한혜진. 임슬옹. 
kelwwazj:tw1진구 배우님이 오늘 선물로 주신.. ^^ 고맙습니다 오빠~ 스댕 목걸이 하나 구입할게yo~yo~ 
A0ittfwCcAEMB_0.jpg:large저 여깄..^^ RT @movie26years: 오늘 촬영 현장엔 주말도 없이 일하느라 가게를 여신 주변상인들이 많이 구경을 나오셨는데 촬영에 잘 협조해주고 계십니다! 마침 미녀배우께서 출연하셨... ^___^ pic.twitter.com/ntut775L

Hi cynkdf, wmpc, thank you for your contribution in starting and posting news & photos of this movie.

cynkdf, I think you can PM rubie about the thread update. I saw in thos Official Thread Directory that we can report new thread there but I don't see any post so I'm not sure.

Will certainly visit this thread more often to support the movie and our actors. This movie should be a good re-union for BSB and HHJ after Jumong ^_^.

Guest Logicalsong

Thanks cynkdf for starting 26 years thread. It's very late night here so I can't be able to write much. But I swear I'll be a helping hand to activate this thread and promote the movie to overseas fans. Best wishes to BSB(he's my priority :)), beautiful HHJ, Jin Goo, Im Seul Ong, Jang Gwang and other actors/staffs and last but not the least our director. See you in daytime (Korea time) again.

An English article from some months ago on the background of the film and how the general public is playing a part in funding this rather controversial film: source

’26 Years’ Finally Starts Up with Help from Ordinary People

2012-07-29 19:00  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyunghttp://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/cont.. icon_copy_1.gifTranslation Credit : Erika Kim  http://www.enews24.net/ne..original article
The film 26 Years finally started filming on July 19.
26 Years was able to start filming with the help of 4,000 small investors who came together to invest a total of 250 million won, making the film a project produced ‘by the civilians’.

Because the film is based on a webtoon that talks of what happens to a gangster, an archer in the national team, a police officer, the head of a large company and the chief of a private bodyguard business 26 years after the May 1980 democracy movements, it met with rumors that it was continuously being hindered by ‘outside forces’. 

It grinded to a halt a total of four times and had to replace many members of its cast since it first started up in 2008, but the production company has finally been able to take a step forward with the help of civilians, and is aiming for a release this year.

75369590.jpg

26 Years is about a secret project to punish ‘the man’ behind the massacre that occurred 26 years ago, and will be directed by Jo Geun Hyun, the art director behind The King’s Concubine and My Way

Jin Goo and Han Hye Jin have been cast as the leads, and Lee Kyeong Yeong, Bae Soo Bin, Lim Seulong and Jang Gwang will also help the film wrap up filming by September. 

In the stills released through the film’s official Facebook page on July 25, Han Hye Jin flaunted her beauty even while clad in a blue training suit. Her clear skin and shining eyes especially turned heads with the emotion they contained.

The producers of 26 Years will continue to report on the progression of the film through its official webpageTwitter account and Facebook page.

A rep from the production company said, “Thanks to our future audience that participated as investors, we were able to contract a total of approximately 250 million won. Even though filming has started, people can still participate in the cooperative effort to produce 26 Years. Those who participate will be given [special benefits based on the amount they invest]. A 20,000 investment will provide two tickets to the preview that will take place in six cities across the country, a special poster and special production information; the 50,000 ticket will provide a DVD and a spot in the ending credits while the 290,000 ticket holds a special meaning. Anyone can join through the official webpage for the film.”

Photo credit: Chungeoram

wmpc, annieice, Alex, Logicalsong - so great to see you here.  As you can see from the opening post, I need help in formatting and other stuff - any advice/help appreciated.  Thanks.

Will make this post fairly short as I am busy right now.

wmpc - thanks so much for the awesome photos of HHJ, video and article about 26 Years.  How do you copy & paste that article so nicely complete with pics?

Alex- thanks for your suggestion.  Thank you to rubie for updating the thread directory to include 26 Years :)

annieice - I am really enjoying HHJ's kickass, spirited performance in Jumong.

Logicalsong - we will be seeking your priceless help as usual.  What's the name in English of another actress in the cast (shown on Naver) ?

A few BTS photos, thank you to the movie's official Twitter, who is great at providing updates about the movie (including a photo of BSB this morning :))

Tweeted this morning:

26yrsbsbtweet8oct12.jpg

Earlier BTS photos

26Yearsjg-1.jpg

26YearsImSeulOng.jpg

26yearsiso.jpg26yrsjanggwang-1.jpg

26yearsisobsb.jpg

Logicalsong, thanks so much for your awesome suggestions which I've tried to incorporate in the opening post as far as possible. I like the idea of giving the background about past efforts to get the film project going - will update this particular post with a draft for your comments.

According to Asianwiki, Lee Mi Do is even younger than Jin Goo :)  What is Cho Deok Jeh's Korean name? 

Also I don't understand what you mean by Kim Gap Se is going to "collect all the people concerned" .

Draft on background - please amend, thanks.

Background

1. Movie is based on the Korean comic "26 Years."
  2. As of October 8, 2008 "26 Years" has been halted due to financing issues. Since the movie is centered around a sensitive real life situation financiers have been reluctant to back this project. Chungeorahm Films has committed to financing 50% of the movie, but the filmmakers are now looking for additional funding. Actors have finished the script reading portion of the film making process.
  3. Original cast members were Kim Ah-Joong, Ryoo Seung-Bum, Jin Goo, Joo Jin-Mo-I (not the JJM of  'Gabi""I Am a King" fame) Han Sang-Jin,  Cheon Ho-Jinn and Byun Hee-Bong and the movie was to be directed by Lee Hae-Young.
  4. As of January 6, 2012 "26 Years" is going back into pre-production phase with Kwon Chil-In selected as the movie's new director.
  5. March 16, 2012, movie has again been postponed.
  6. Production has resumed with director Jo Keun-Hyun now directing the film. Filming began on July 17 2012 (when did filming actually start?)

Credit Asianwiki

Guest Logicalsong

cynkdf

Thanks for the great update for the introduction. Just wonder who you mean by Joo Jin Mo - I. Definitely he should be the older actor whose career has been based on theater play, not the hot, masculine Joo Jin Mo. (Am confused he's related with I am a king?)

Can you add the name of the director Cho Geun Hyun ( former art director when the movie 26 years's original crew formed) in this way? It can give a clue why the movie production can proceed this fast.

To answer your auestion about Kim Gap Se, he is a successful CEO who has wanted to organise the assasination team ( he chose the members since they all are the families whose dads were killed in Gwang Ju). That's why I used the word 'collect' trying not to spoil the story. ;) You can paraphrase it anyhow.

Cine21 covered the set of the movie in Sep. where Mi Jin performed very important scene. But I couldn't find the English article, and it's too long to translate. It has good footage of the movie, though. I googled more articles about the movie, but most of them are related with the fund issue. Anyway, we have long road, so let's keep this thread updated.

Guest Logicalsong

Forgot writing this.

Cho Deok Jeh 조덕제.

And cynkdf if it's no trouble, can you change the murder plan into assasination plan in the description of the cast? It was my mistake to put it that way.

Logicalsong, thanks so much for all the info.  Me bad - I saw Joo Ji Hoon at the BIFF APAN event on TV and got him mixed up with Joo Jin Mo.

Re description of Kim Gap-se, please let me know if you wish to change it.  Many thanks, my friend.

An interview with Han Hye Jin on her role as Mi Jin in 26 Years:English translation follows Korean article.

‘26년’ 주연 한혜진 “실재했던 역사, 당당히 연기… 출연 불이익 걱정 안 해요”

백은하 기자 una100@kyunghyang.com

입력 : 2012-08-21 21:29:20ㅣ수정 : 2012-08-21 21:29:20

ㆍ여주인공 ‘미진’역 맡아

<26년>의 국가대표 사격선수 심미진 역으로 한혜진(31)이 최종 결정됐을 때 모두들 ‘싱크로율 100%!’라고 외쳤다.

‘그 사람’을 향해 마지막 총구를 겨눌 주인공, 놀라운 집중력과 결단력으로 무장한 ‘명사수’ 심미진과 강단 있고 야무진 한혜진의 이미지는 조금의 에누리도 없이 겹쳐졌다. 곧게 뻗은 단발머리에 트레이닝복을 입은 한혜진이 개조된 총을 받아 들고 남산 하늘을 겨냥하는 뒷모습에서는 비장한 기운마저 느껴졌다. <26년>의 촬영 사이사이, 그녀와 나눈 짧은 대화에서는 SBS <힐링캠프>에서 보여준 당당한 직설화법이 여전히 살아있었다.

l_2012082201002662700203642.jpg

- 총 잡은 모습에서 안정감이 느껴집니다. 무게가 상당할 텐데요.

“처음엔 이걸 어떻게 들지 했는데 지금은 좀 가벼워졌어요. 이 총이 6㎏ 정도 되는데 나중에 들 총은 더 무거울 거예요. 사격부 선생님께서 제가 총을 온몸으로 받아들인다고, 그 유연함이 가장 큰 장점이라고 하시더라고요.”

- 출연 결정이 쉽지 않았을 것 같습니다. 

“<26년>에 출연하는 것으로 인한 불이익이나 피해가 있지 않을까, 하는 걱정은 하나도 없었어요. 저로서는 역사극이었던 <제중원>에 출연했던 것과 별반 다르지 않은 선택이었거든요. 80년 광주에서 실재했던 역사이고 분명 있었던 사실을 이야기하는 영화니까요. 당당히 연기하고 있어요. 단지 그 사건이 최근에 발생했고 아직도 그 고통 속에서 헤어나지 못하는 분들이 있기 때문에 그로 인한 부담감이나 책임감은 크죠.” 

- 한혜진씨 세대에게 5·18은 체감도가 낮을 수밖에 없는 역사인데요. 

“이 영화를 하게 되면서 많은 부분을 알게 되었어요. 사실 제일 고독한 건, 알아주지 않는 거잖아요. 다음 역사에 묻히고 그러면서 잊혀져 가고…. 그렇게 알아주지 않았던 것이 그분들을 계속 고독하게 만들었던 것 같아요. 가장 근래에 있었던 큰 사건인데도 불구하고 말이죠. <26년>이 그분들을 조금이나마 위안이 될 수 있다면 이 작업을 선택한 배우로서 정말 보람된 일일 것 같아요.”

(source)

Han Hye-jin, the actress of Movie '26 Years' says, "Playing the part of 'Mi-jin', the heroine on the actual historical basis, I'm not worried about any disadvantage caused by appearing in this movie". 

"100% of synchronization rate!"everybody shouted out in chorus when Han Hye-jin was finally cast for the part of Sim mi-jin, who used to be a member of national shooting team and furnished the theme of Movie '26 Years'. The image of Sim Mi-jin, who was a crackshot and had so amazing concentration and determination that she could aim the gun at the 'Guy', and the image of Han Hye-jin, who has a decisive and staunch character, are overlapping with each other purely and simply. From the back, Hye-jin with straight bobbed-hair, who was wearing a jogging suit, gave an impression of resolute determination, pointing the altered rifle at the sky over the Namsan after picking it up. In the brief interviews between shootings at the '26 Years' film set, her straight-talking attitude, which was shown to us in the 'Healing Camp' of SBS, remained the same.

- It seems that you feel comfortable holding a rifle. I think it must be very heavy.

“ At first I wondered if I could pick it up and go around carrying it, but now it feels as if it has become a little lighter. This rifle weighs about 6Kg, and maybe the rifle I will take will be a little heavier. The shooting team coach told me that any gun would be suited for my body type, and my supple body might be the greatest advantage."

- It seems that you have made a tough decision. 

“I have never worried about if I might suffer from disadvantage or be damaged because of starring in the movie '26 Years'. As for me, the choice was not much different from the one I had made when I was asked to act in the TV drama 'Jejungwon'. This movie is based on the real story in Gwanju 1980, and the movie talks about the fact. So, I am proudly playing the part of this movie. However, it has not been a long time since the May 18 Uprising occurred, and there are still many people who have not picked themselves from the pain. So, I cannot but feel a huge sense of pressure and responsibility.” 

- The May 18 Uprising is a historical event that the generation you belong to may find a little difficult to fully understand. 

“I have come to know a lot taking part in the movie. As you know, your feeling of loneliness becomes doubly acute when others do not recognize what happened to you. A tragic event tends to be buried in the past, and then buried in oblivion... It seems that they had to live within themselves because what happened to them was not fully recognized, despite the biggest event which occurred recently. If the movie '26 Years' can be a small comfort to them, it the most rewarding thing that an actress can do.” 

English translation thanks to "붉은장미" on http://cafe.daum.net/hellozang/

Another article with brief accounts on the determination and dedication of the main cast members in their participation of 26 Years: 

반드시 만들어져야 할 이 영화 <26년> ...후원 열기도 후끈

중요 촬영 앞둔 영화 <26년>, 배우들과 현장 스태프들 열기 높다
12.08.24 09:21ㅣ최종 업데이트 12.08.24 09:29ㅣ이선필(thebasis3)
태그26년강풀진구한혜진전두환 ico_tag.gif
IE001480093_STD.JPG
▲  영화 <26년>의 촬영현장. 최근까지 서울에서 촬영을 진행한 영화 팀은 8월 말 대전으로 내려가 촬영을 진행한다.
ⓒ 청어람

관련사진보기

광주 민주화 항쟁을 중심으로 그 이후 살아남은 자들의 이야기를 담은 영화 <26년> 현장입니다. 배우 한혜진씨가 현장을 누비고 있네요. 

지난 7월 19일 첫 촬영을 시작한 이후 영화는 어느덧 촬영 중반에 접어들고 있습니다. 폭염이었던 가운데 최근엔 비가 내려 더위는 한 풀 꺾였지만 오히려 더웠을 때가 낫다는 현장 관계자들의 말이 들립니다. 비가 오면 촬영 자체에 지장이 생기기 때문이죠. 제작비가 마냥 여유로운 상황이 아니기에 하루 쉴 때마다 현장 스태프들의 속을 탈 수밖에 없는 상황.

<26년> 관계자에 따르면 영화는 현재 약 40프로 가까이 촬영을 마친 상탭니다. 순제작비가  최초 65 억 원 가량으로 알려진 상황에서 현재는 46억 원으로 줄였지만 아직 후원이 더 필요한 때라고 합니다. 가수 이승환, 김제동, 공지영 등 셀러브리티들의 후원과 여러 투자자들을 통해 30억원 정도를 모았고, 나머지 금액을 시민들의 자발적 후원금을 통해 마련하는 중입니다.

<26년>을 후원하기 위해선 '제작두레'(http://www.26years.co.kr/) 이용이 가장 간단합니다. 후원 상품은 2만원, 5만원, 29만원 특별권으로 구분돼 있다죠. 각 금액별로 영화 시사회 표와 특별포스터, 소장용DVD, 엔딩크레디트에 이름 등재 등의 혜택이 있습니다. 22일 현재 9147명이 4억 3527만 원 가량을 후원했지만 아직 한참 힘을 더 받아야 할 것으로 보입니다.

IE001480095_STD.jpg
ⓒ 청어람

관련사진보기

8월 말 영화의 하이라이트 촬영 앞두고 배우들 심기일전

마침 다음 주부턴 영화의 하이라이트가 될 부분을 촬영할 예정입니다. 오는 25일부터 28일까지 대전 시내에서 국가대표 사격선수 미진(한혜진 분)이 저격을 하는 장면을 찍게 될 것 같네요. 도심 사거리에서 승용차와 버스 등이 엉키는 장면입니다.  

강풀 작가 원작의 묘미를 살리면서도 영화는 과거 보다는 현재에 집중하는 선택을 했습니다. 일례로 원작에 등장하는 조각가 부부 이야기는 영화에선 빠졌죠. 대신 광주 혁명 이후를 살아가는 인물들에 초점을 맞췄다고 합니다.

작품에 참여하는 배우들의 의지 또한 높습니다. 배우 한혜진씨는 소속사에서 혹시나 있을 불이익과 작품 자체가 너무 강하다는 이유로 출연을 만류했지만 본인이 강하게 의지를 보인 경우입니다. 한 관계자에 따르면 그 고집이 대단했다고 하네요.

진구 역시 본인이 강하게 출연 의지를 전한 경우였습니다. 올해 초부터 영화에 출연 결정을 한 상태였고 본인이 맡을 배역을 꼼꼼하게 분석해왔다는 게 현장 관계자들의 전언입니다. 
IE001480094_STD.jpg
ⓒ 청어람

관련사진보기

IE001480097_STD.jpg
ⓒ 청어람

관련사진보기

이경영 또한 영화 기획 단계부터 물망에 있었고 본인 역시 좋은 취지로 참여를 결정했습니다. 영화 촬영 전 있었던 고사 뒤풀이에서 만날 수 있었던 그는 후배 배우와 스태프들을 함께 <26년>에 대한 토론을 할 정도로 열의가 강했습니다. 배수빈 역시 5·18 관련 다큐멘터리를 보면서 의식을 다졌다고 합니다. 의미 있는 작품에 함께할 수 있어서 기쁘다는 말도 함께 전했죠. 

임슬옹은 이번 영화를 통해 스크린 신고식을 치르는 만큼 남다른 각오라고 합니다. 현장에서도 막내로서 분위기 메이커를 자처하며 화기애애한 분위기를 만들고 있다네요. 

영화 <26년>은 이번 달을 기점으로 더욱 박차를 가합니다. 오는 11월 말 개봉을 목표로 배우들과 스태프들이 심기일전 하고 있다는 소식을 전합니다. (source)
Fiery Zeal in supporting production of Movie '26 Years' that must be producedThe members of the cast and production staff are highly dedicated to filming the important scenes of movie '26 Years'. This is the film site of '26 Years', which tells the story of survivors of the May 18 Uprising. The actress Han Hye-jin is going around the film site now. After starting the first shooting on July 19,the shooting schedule is reaching the midway through. But the staff in the film site are saying that the sweltering days were better for filming work rather than rainy days. It is because the rain hinders the work. Because there is a limit to the production cost, the staff cannot but get into a stew whenever they have to take a day off. According to a person concerned with the production of '26 Years', currently about 40% of the filming work has been completed. Though it was reported that the about 6.5billion won was initially earmarked for net production cost, it has been 4.6 billion. However, it is still required to support them with funds. About 3 billion won of fund was raised through the supports from celebrities, such as Lee Seung-whan, Kim Je-dong and Gong Ji-yeong, and other investors. And now the rest of fund is being prepared through voluntary contribution from common citizens.
When donating to the movie '26 Years', the easiest way is to use 'JejakDuryei'(http://www.26years.co.kr/). The donating unit is divided to 20, 000won, 50,000won, 290,000won and special donation amount. The donators will get the ticket of preview, special poster or DVD for personal possession. And some of them may enjoy the honor to put their name in the ending credit of the movie.
As of August 22, the sum reached four hundred twenty five million and two hundred seventy won donated by 9,147 donators, however, it still needs far more funding.
With highlight scenes scheduled to be shot at the end of August, the cast and production staff are turning over a new leaf From next week, the highlights of the movie are scheduled to be shot. From 25 to 28 August, the scenes will be shot in downtown of Dajeon City, in which Mi-jin(played by Han Hye-jin), a former member of the national shooting team. is sniping at the enemy target. In the scenes, small cars and buses will get tangled at intersections of downtown. Retaining the subtleness of the original work drawn by Gangpul, the movie focuses on the present rather than the past.
For example, the story of sculptor couple in the original is omitted in the movie.Instead, the story focuses on the characters living in the age after the May 18 Uprising.The actors and actresses participating in the film have a strong will.
In the case of Han Hye-jin, she did not yield to another's view, though the company she belongs to dissuaded her to from acting in the movie on the ground that there might be a disadvantage and the contents of the story is too tough. According to a person concerned, she was quite stubborn. Jin Gu, an actor palying a role in the movie, also expressed his strong will to take part in the movie. According to information obtained from the film site staff, he already made up his mind to play a role in the movie at the beginning of this year, and also he has carefully analyzed the role he would play.
Lee Gyeong-yeong, and actor who became a strong candidate at the planning stage, mad decision to participate in the movie with a good intention. After offering a sacrifice which was conducted in order to bring a good luck, he showed a so strong passion the movie that he presided a hot discussion with junior colleagues. It was said that Bae Su-bin hardened his purpose watching the documentaries related to the May 18. And the staff added that he was happy to get a chance to participate in a meaningful film. LimSeul-ong, who appears in a movie screen for the first time through '26 Years', was making a fresh resolution. In the film site, he was considering himself as the creator of atmosphere and the youngest brother, trying to create friendly atmosphere. The production team of movie '26 Years' will add fresh fuel to the production, taking this month as a new starting point. The achieve the goal to premiere the movie in coming November, all the cast and production staff are turning a new leaf.
(English translation thanks to Han Hye Jin fan "붉은장미" from http://cafe.daum.net/hellozang/!!)

Logicalsong said: Cine21 covered the set of the movie in Sep. where Mi Jin performed very important scene. But I couldn't find the English article, and it's too long to translate. It has good footage of the movie, though. I googled more articles about the movie, but most of them are related with the fund issue. Anyway, we have long road, so let's keep this thread updated.

Guest Logicalsong

Thanks wmpc for all the updates.

This thread is getting more informative every day. :) Hope JG and SO's fans get to know this thread and share the info, too.

Archived