[Movie 2012] Wonderful Radio / Love on Air 원더풀 라디오

pechumori

Lee Min-Jung     Lee Jung-Jin

Wonderful Radio/Love on Air 원더풀 라디오

photo211320.jpg

• Movie: Love On-Air (English title) / Wonderful Radio (Korean English title)
  • Revised romanization: Wondeopul Radio
  • Hangul: 원더풀 라디오
  • Director: Kwon Chil-In
  • Writer: Lee Jae-Ik
  • Producer: Jung Kyoung-Il
  • Cinematographer:
  • Release Date: January 5, 2012
  • Runtime: 120 min.
  • Genre: Drama / Romance / Music / Radio
  • Distributor: Showbox/Mediaplex
  • Language: Korean

Plot

Jin-A is the former leader of idol group Purple, one of the first generation of girl groups in South Korea and also the most popular at that time. She now hosts the radio program "Wonderful Radio," but the program suffers from low ratings. The show's producer then takes time off to give birth. Her replacement is Lee Jae-Ik (Lee Jung-Jin).

Jin-A is late for her first meeting with PD Lee Jae-Ik. Because of this, PD Lee Jae-Ik gets an unfavorable impression of Jin-A and their relationship soon turns worse. During the meeting, PD Lee Jae-Ik instructs the staff to create a new section for the radio program to increase ratings.

Jin-A struggles to come up with a new idea for the radio program. Then, after listening to her mom sing, she suddenly gets an idea. Jin-A wants to invite regular people onto the show and let them read their own stories or letters. The guests will also sing during the segment.

The new segment becomes a hit. Meanwhile, Jin-A attempts to resume her music career and sing songs like "You Are My Angel" that she wrote for her girl group Purple.

A woman then introduces herself on Jin-A's radio program and insists that she wrote the song "You Are My Angel." Jin-A becomes flustered then angry. She even uses profanity while on air. After the program Jin-A is kicked off the radio program. The public also becomes outraged by what they perceive as plagiarism on Jin-A's part. Can Jin-A ever revive her career?

Notes

1. Filming took place from June 27 - September 18, 2011.
  2. "Love On-Air" opened #2 at during its opening weekend at the South Korean Box Office. Movie sold 314,978 tickets on 476 screens. By February 4, 2012 "Love On-Air" sold 950,793 tickets.

Cast

Love On-Air-Lee Min-Jung.jpgLove On-Air-Lee Jung-Jin.jpgLee Kwang-SooLove On-Air-Kim Jung-Tae.jpg
Lee Min-JungLee Jung-JinLee Kwang-SooKim Jung-Tae
Shin Jin-ALee Jae-IkCha Dae-KeunIn-Suk

Jung Yoo-MiLove On-Air-Kim Byung-Ok.jpgLove On-Air-Jeong Man-Sik.jpgJo Jung-Eun
Jung Yoo-MiKim Byung-OkJeong Man-SikJo Jung-Eun
Nan-SeolDirector ImJa-HyungDa-Hee

Additional Cast Members:

Film Festivals

Trailer

credit: Asianwiki

Guest kayana20

This was truly a good movie. It shows public misconception can leave you hiding in the shadows but  building a future in what you love means having to overcome your past and show misconceptions are never what they seem. 

Guest spiriticon

This is a really nice movie. I don't think it's similar to 'Greatest Love' drama at all, despite what a lot of people say... Lee Min Jung really makes this movie tick.

Also, the theme song "So Bitter" is fantastic :P

• 2 years later...

Lee Jung-jin and Lee Min-jung in Wonderful Radio

by girlfriday | July 8, 2011

LeeJungJin_LeeMinJung1.jpg

Here’s our first look at Lee Jung-jin (Runaway Plan B) and Lee Min-jung (Midas) on the set of their upcoming romantic comedy film Wonderful Radio. I don’t know what’s going on with Lee Jung-jin’s hair there, but perhaps it’s a character quirk? If they’re trying to go for unkempt hair as a character statement, they should take a note from Lee Seon-kyun. Go big or go home.

Wonderful Radio stars Lee Min-jung as a former idol singer from girl group Purple, who becomes a radio DJ. Lee Jung-jin plays a PD brought in to revive her flagging show, and the two butt heads over the new segment that he introduces. Love the setup. Love the pairing.

They’ll be joined by Lee Kwang-soo (below left), currently playing geeky Go Ki-joon in City Hunter, also mostly known for playing the sad sack version of himself on variety show Running Man. He’ll be Lee Min-jung’s manager, and in a surprising twist, he won’t be playing dorky, petty, or sad sack at all, but totally sweet and supportive. Aw.

Rounding out the cast is Jung Yumi (below right), not Crucible / Cafe Noir -Jung Yumi, but Dong Yi / Friend Our Legend / You’re My Pet -Jung Yumi. She’ll be playing a writer on the radio program. The film is directed by Kwon Chil-in (Singles, Hellcats) and is shooting for a fall premiere.

Upbeat cast, potentially great music, and a setup rife for bickering romance? Count me in.

LeeKwangSoo_JungYumi1.jpg

Via Osen, Xports News

credit: http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/07/lee-jung-jin-and-lee-min-jung-in-wonderful-radio/

Lee Min Jung transforms into a radio DJ for her new movie, "Wonderful Radio"

July 13, 2011

lee-min-jung_wonderful-radio1.jpg

Actress Lee Min Jung has transformed into an idol star for her latest movie, "Wonderful Radio"!

Filming for the movie began on June 27th, and new still cuts of the actress were revealed today. Lee Min Jung plays the role of an idol singer-turned-radio DJ named 'Shin Jin Ah', who meets the cranky but charismatic PD, 'Jae Hyuk' (played by Lee Jung Jin), for a radio program that's about to be discontinued.  The two bicker and fight over the ratings in the process of reviving it. Although her popularity isn't what it used to be, 'Shin Jin Ah' still maintains her fiery personality and the determination to do her best.

credit: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2011/07/lee-min-jung-transforms-into-a-radio-dj-for-her-new-movie-wonderful-radio

Lee Min Jung snaps a cute selca during her filming

August 28, 2011

Lee%2BMin%2BJung%2Bsnaps%2Ba%2Bcute%2Bse

Actress Lee Min Jung has revealed a cute selca!

On August 27th, Lee Min Jung wrote on her mini-homepage, "During the filming of 'Wonderful Radio'. Will be released in December. Please look forward to it!", and uploaded a picture of herself.  The picture was divided into 4 cuts. In each cut, netizens were able to see Lee Min Jung getting dolled up with pigtails and a ribbon. Netizens commented, "She is like a doll. So pretty" "Even from the picture, I am looking forward to the movie" and "How can anyone become that pretty?"

credit: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2011/08/lee-min-jung-snaps-a-cute-selca-during-her-filming
photo credit: ksexyidolsplus.blogspot

Dal Shabet makes a cameo in Lee Min Jung's new movie, 'Wonderful Radio'

August 22, 2011

사본 -달샤벳_이민정1[1]

Dal Shabet will be making their big screen debut through a cameo in Lee Min Jung and Lee Jung Jin's upcoming movie, 'Wonderful Radio'.

The six members recently completed shooting their scene as a fictional rookie girl group called 'Corby Girls'. In the script, the girls guested as a confident new idol group on DJ Jina's (played by Lee Min Jung) radio program.

Dal Shabet previously made a cameo in the popular drama, 'Dream High'. Although it was a short role, they left a powerful impression on movie representatives. That strong impression held up during the movie shoot, as staff on set were reported to be quite charmed by their professional behavior.

Director Kwon Chil-In asked, "Are you guys learning how to act?", thus expressing his praise. After the shoot, Jiyul stated, "I was really nervous because it's our first time, but Lee Min Jung-senior really took care of us well. We're all curious to see how we came out so the members and I promised to see it in theaters when it gets released."

사본 -달샤벳_이민정2[1]

credit: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2011/08/dal-shabet-makes-a-cameo-for-lee-min-jungs-new-movie-wonderful-radio

Running Man Castmates Help Lee Kwang Soo in Upcoming Film "Wonderful Radio"

Running Man Castmates Help Lee Kwang Soo in Upcoming Film "Wonderful Radio"

Lee Kwang Soo has recently humorously stated that his “Running Man” castmates Kim Jong Gook and Gary have ambitions in acting.

Lee Kwang Soo attended the press conference for the film, “Wonderful Radio” on December 20. In the movie, he plays the manager for an ex-idol star turned radio DJ, Shin Jin Ah (played by Lee Min Jung).

During the press conference, it was revealed the Kim Jong Gook and Gary will actually have a cameo appearance in the movie. It seems that they are helping out their “Running Man” castmate Lee Kwang Soo.

Lee Kwang Soo said, “Both of them delightfully agreed to appear in the movie if it was going to help me. I want to thank them once again. But actually, Jong Gook hyung and Gary hyung are both very excited. I think they’re expecting to receive proposals and lovecalls from many films in the future. They have even told me to be a good middle man between the directors and themselves. I think they are thinking about transforming into actors through this movie.”

Kim Jong Gook and Gary’s cameo, along with Lee Kwang Soo’s endearing jokes, proved how close the “Running Man” cast are in real life. Many netizens have great anticipation to see their favorite “Running Man” stars in this movie.

“Wonderful Radio” starring Lee Min Jung and Lee Jung Jin will open in theaters in January 5 of next year.

credit: http://www.soompi.com/2011/12/21/running-man-castmates-help-lee-kwang-soo-in-upcoming-film-wonderful-radio-1/

Kim Jong Kook and Gary May Become Actors, says Lee Kwang Soo

Kim Jong Kook and Gary are thinking about making an acting debut, said Lee Kwang Soo at the press preview and conference for the film Wonderful Radio, which was held on December 20 in Seoul.

When a reporter asked, “Kim Jong Kook and Gary made a cameo appearance on the movie. Did you ask them to cameo?” Lee answered, “Yes, I did. They said if they could be of a help, they were willing to be in the movie. I’d like to thank them.”

Kim Jong Kook and Gary May Become Actors, says Lee Kwang Soo

Lee took on the role of Cha Dae Geun, manager of a singer who used to be a member of idol group (Lee Min Jung) and showed off his unique characteristics.

Kim Jong Kook and Gary, his castmates on Running Man acted as themselves in a scene where they called a chauffeur service while dead drunk.

“Jong Kook hyung and Gary hyung are looking forward to the release of the movie," said Lee. "They said they might get a lot of casting offers after the release of the movie and asked me to talk them up.”

On the scenes where he was hit by Lee Min Jung′s character, Lee Kwang Soo said, “Min Jung nuna skillfully hit me. I’d like to thank her.”

To this, Lee Min Jung said, “My wrist got bruised, perhaps because I acted so hard. Both of us hurt each other.”

But Lee Kwang Soo sassed right back,“I hurt more than you”, forcing her to say, “Sorry.”

Wonderful Radio starring Lee Min Jung and Lee Jung Jin, is a romantic comedy set to premiere on January 5.

Photo credit: Kim Byung Kwan

credit: http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/2288/kim-jong-kook-and-gary-may-become-actors-says-lee-kwang-soo

Wonderful Radio pushes back premiere

by girlfriday | November 10, 2011

WonderfulRadio1.jpg

Looks like we’ll have to wait a little longer to see Wonderful Radio, the romantic comedy starring Lee Min-jung (Midas) and Lee Jung-jin (Runaway). Man, we’ve been on pins and needles to see it since the project was first announced. Boo. It was originally scheduled to be released by the end of the year, but the premiere’s now been pushed to January. Here’s a look at a slew of stills from the production to sate our appetites till then.

Wonderful Radio is about a pop-singer-turned-radio-DJ, played by Lee Min-jung, who headlines a flailing radio program on the brink of cancellation. (I hope there are some awesome old-school girl group flashbacks for her, a la Best Love‘s Gu Ae-jung.) Lee Jung-jin plays the hot but gruff PD hired to revive the program and save the sinking ship. They butt heads over their different ideas on how to raise ratings and save the show, which of course leads to cute bickering romance. Can’t wait.

The stills feature Lee Min-jung looking beautiful and Lee Jung-jin looking pouty (as per his character), and what looks like a guest cameo by the always funny Kim Tae-won of rock band Boohwal. I can’t tell if he’s playing a bartender or himself, but it could go either way since the premise is set in showbiz anyway. I really want this movie to live up to its cast and premise, which I hope is kind of impossible to screw up. *knock on wood*

Wonderful Radio premieres in theaters in January.

WonderfulRadio4.jpg

WonderfulRadio5.jpg

WonderfulRadio6.jpg

credit: http://www.dramabeans.com/2011/11/wonderful-radio-pushes-back-premiere/

'Wonderful Radio' Jung Jin Lee Shares Two Different Personalities

By Minji Choi | December 06, 2011

ung Jin Lee at 11AM on December 6th at the Productionicon1.png Briefing Session for the movie "Wonderful Radioicon1.png" (Director ChilIn Kwon) when asked "Are you like the character you played in the movie?"

Jung Jin Lee who played the role of a haggard radio PD JaeHee Lee becomes engaged in a heated debate with the DJ JinAh Shin played by MinJung Lee.

JungJin commented by saying "On the outside I am a city man but on the inside I represent a country man." He created laughter amongst the staff and MC CultTwo responded saying, "That is the perfect comparison. He is truly humorousicon1.png."

The movie "Wonderful Radio" featuring the DJ JinAh Shin (MinJung Lee) in a crisis and the radio program PD JaeHyuk Lee (JungJin Lee) will airicon1.png next January.

Photo Credit: Reporter HyoJin Song

credit: http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/1109/20111206/wonderful-radio-jung-jin-lee-shares-two-different-personalities.htm

Lee Min Jung's MV for "So Bitter" gets released via 'Wonderful Radio'

December 14, 2011

Fans of actress Lee Min Jung got to see a different side to her talents, thanks to a Twitter update from her movie, 'Wonderful Radio'.

On December 12th, the film unleashed the MV for Lee Min Jung's song, "So Bitter". The MV's clips were taken from a scene filmed at Lee Seung Hwan's live concert, who specially composed this song for Lee Min Jung.

The actress reportedly received vocal training for this movie, since she portrays a singer in the script. Music director Hwang Sung Jae sang her praises as he said, "Lee Min Jung is a talented singer, so much to the point that she knows how to express her own colors through her music. She is a talented and knowledgeable actress."

The movie will be released early next year, and the digital single album for "So Bitter" will be released sometime this week.

credit: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2011/12/lee-min-jungs-mv-for-so-bitter-gets-released-via-wonderful-radio

Lee Min Jung - So Bitter MV
credit: To-Sub List

"Wonderful Radio" Starring Lee Jung Jin and Lee Min Jung Releases Theatrical Trailer

"Wonderful Radio" Starring Lee Jung Jin and Lee Min Jung Releases Theatrical Trailer

“Wonderful Radio,” starring Lee Jung Jin and Lee Min Jung unveils its full theatrical trailer in anticipation of its release on the big screen. The trailer shows Lee Min Jung’s has-been pop idol character, now a radio DJ Jina, and how she goes on a miracle project for her producer Ja Hyuk (Lee Jung Jin) to hold on to just 4% of their listeners.

Lee Min Jung’s character has drawn inevitable comparisons to Gong Hyo Jin’s Goo Ae Jung in the MBC drama “The Best Love.” On this, Lee Min Jung commented, “The story of ‘Wonderful Radio’ is different from ‘The Best Love,’ so while my character and Goo Ae Jung are similar, we are still different people giving life to different characters.”

For “Wonderful Radio,” Lee Min Jung had to play a loud and aggressive character, which was a departure from her usual elegant ones, as well as her graceful beauty image. Kwon Chil In, the film’s director, admitted that bringing about this transformation in the actress was one of the most pressing challenges of the film.

“Lee Min Jung is known as a goddess,” the director said at the press conference. “In this film, she had to have that image stripped away and become a girl-next-door.”

Apart from Lee Min Jung and Lee Jung Jin, “Wonderful Radio” also stars comedian Kwang Soo, who is a cast regular on SBS’ Sunday variety “Running Man.” Lee Min Jung was recently a guest star on “Running Man” for its Hong Kong special, the first episode of which was aired on December 11.

“Wonderful Radio” opens in cinemas in January 2012.

credit: http://www.soompi.com/2011/12/12/wonderful-radio-starring-lee-jung-jin-and-lee-min-jung-releases-theatrical-trailer/

Lee Min-jeong, "I am concerned about comparisons to Kong Hyo-jin's has-been idol"

2011/12/06

photo210658.jpg

Lee Min-jeong talked about Kong Hyo-jin, who played an out-dated idol star in the drama "The Greatest Love".

In the 100th Anniversary Hall of Ehwa Women's High School on the December 6th, Lee Min-jeong attended the press preview event for the movie "Wonderful Radio" and said, "That's what everyone thinks about first" when she was told that her role was very much like the role Kong Hyo-jin played in "The Greatest Love".

Lee Min-jeong plays a character who was a formerly a popular idol star named 'Purple' in her early 20s, and is now out-dated but still living life the way she sees it. It's very much like Goo Ae-jeong in "The Greatest Love".

She said, "The contents of the story are completely different from "The Greatest Love". There is only one common fact, and that is that the women are out-dated idols. I read the script before I watched the drama so I didn't think any of this then".

She continued, "I was a big fan of "The Greatest Love". I can not be at all concerned about Kong Hyo-jin. However, we are different people acting out the characters and I believe this will differentiate us".

"Wonderful Radio" is about a broadcasting station where there are lots of music and people and the things that happen behind the scenes with many big and overflowing personalities.
Source : http://movie.daum.net/movieInfoArticleRead.do?newsType=1&articleId=1607758&page=12
credit: http://www.hancinema.net/lee-min-jeong-i-am-concerned-about-comparisons-to-kong-hyo-jin-s-has-been-idol-36031.html#$$nrcjzc&&24PnJigkEeWWCArmS+bmBQ$$

Director aims to 'de-deify' Lee Min-jeong
2011/12/08

photo210936.jpg

From left, actors Lee Jeong-jin, Lee Min-jeong and Lee Gwang-soo appear in a promotional event for the film "Wonderful Radio" in Seoul, Tuesday. / Courtesy of Showbox/Mediaplex

By Lee Hyo-won

The greatest challenge working with Lee Min-jeong, according to director Kwon Chil-in, was to strip the actress of her "goddess" image.

Lee, one of the most highly-sought leading ladies since sweeping awards last year for "Cyrano Agency", plays the idol star-turned-radio personality in the upcoming film "Wonderful Radio".

"People call her a goddess and it was tough working with that. This movie was aimed at bringing the goddess to earth, turning her into the girl next-door", Kwon told reporters in Seoul on Tuesday. "The movie is about an idol singer who had been in the spotlight since a very young age and the loss she feels when her glory days are over".

The filmmaker, best known for the romantic comedy "Singles", said working with Lee proved to be relatively easy. "Lee Min-jeong may look like a goddess on the outside but she is a 'commoner' to the core. In fact, she made her debut quite late as an actor and had a very ordinary upbringing.... She went to college and everything. There aren't many actors out there with such a background".

Lee said, "I went to school, graduated and got a job as an actor, just like other people would find employment at a company or such". Having grown up listening to the radio, she said she was thrilled to take part in the film.

"I fell asleep listening to the radio every night when I was in junior high. It was my best friend", she said, adding that she enjoyed playing both a singer and radio DJ. She said she thought of popular idol groups in her schooldays such as S.E.S. and Fin.K.L. for the part.

photo210935.jpg

Penned by Lee Jae-ik, the producer of a high-ranking SBS show, "Wonderful Radio" takes an intimate peek at what goes on behind the making of a program. When Jin-a (Lee) starts hosting her unpopular show in an unorthodox way, an ill-tempered and smug producer (Lee Jeong-jin) is hired to save the program.

Lee Jeong-jin said the movie depicts the lives of celebrities in a realistic way. "Our movie reveals the hidden, far from glamorous sides of stars. It portrays things in a very comical way but also in tune with Lee Min-jeong's actual personality, which is really upbeat and outgoing".

When asked about the difficulties of being in the public spotlight, Lee Min-jeong said, "Dealing with misunderstandings or prejudices by the public can be overwhelming but I do not want to give up acting".

The film stars actor Lee Gwang-soo ("High Kick Through The Roof") as a goofy manager and special appearances by rocker Lee Seung-hwan, as a music supervisor, and R&B singer Jung Yup, among others.

A Showbox/Mediaplex release, "Wonderful Radio" opens in theaters in January.

source: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2011/12/141_100397.html

http://www.hancinema.net/director-aims-to-de-deify-lee-min-jeong-36099.html#$nrewza&&V+x0diklEeWtngrmS+bmBQ$

Choi, and more attend VIP movie premiere for 'Wonderful Radio'

December 21, 2011

https://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.embed.ly%2F1%2Fimage%2Fresize%3Furl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.allkpop.com%252Fupload%252F2011%252F12%252F20111220_Wonderful-Radio.jpg%26key%3Dcce3ae02c46e4df1bf4f0f1924eac17d%26width%3D320&key=LIQ5nFRB_RfjXVwsNF_wBg

On December 20th, stars showed off their fall fashion at the VIP movie premiere for 'Wonderful Radio' at Samsung-dong's Megabox.

Lee Min Ho, SHINee's Taemin, Choi Daniel, Song Joong Ki, Uhm Tae Woong, Park Chul Min, Han Chae Young, Son Ye Jin, Tim, Moon Chae Won, Park Soo Jin, Park Bo Young, Bae Seul Gi, Jung So Min, Go Ara, Girl's Day, Jung Ryeo Won, and more appeared in trench coats and leather jackets to fight the winter cold.

Of course, since it was a VIP event, some stars opted for style rather than practicality by wearing short skirts with stockings or a thin blazer with a dress shirt. 'Wonderful Radio' stars Lee Min Jung, Lee Jung Jin, Jung Yoo Mi, Lee Kwang Soo, Kim Hae Sook, and Kim Jung Tae. It will open in theaters on January 5th, 2012.

credit: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2011/12/shinees-taemin-lee-min-ho-daniel-choi-and-more-attend-vip-movie-premiere-for-wonderful-radio

Why did Lee Min Ho attend Lee Min Jung’s movie ‘Wonderful Radio’ VIP screening?

Why did Lee Min Ho attend Lee Min Jung’s movie ‘Wonderful Radio’ VIP screening?

Lee Min Ho attended the VIP screening of the movie ‘Wonderful Radio’ on December 20th at the Megabox in Seoul.

Lee Min Ho has quickly risen as a Hallyu star in China thanks to the popularity garnered through SBS’s ‘City Hunter’. Lee Min Ho had visited China recently but returned to Korea on December 19th.

A representative of Lee Min Ho’s management company revealed, “Lee Min Ho worked with Lee Min Jung on KBS2′s ‘Boys Over Flowers’ in 2009 and he is close to president Kim Min Sook of Lee Min Jung‘s management company Barunson Entertainment so he attended the screening.” In ‘Boys Over Flowers’ Lee Min Ho played the role of the leader of F4 and the heir to the conglomerate Shinhwa group, Goo Joon Pyo and Lee Min Jung had played the role of his fiancé, Ha Jae Kyung.

Lee Min Ho had stayed in China for 9 days for a various events. During his stay in China, Lee Min Ho participated in the pre-recording of the New Year’s Special of a popular Chinese variety program ‘Happy Camp’, shot the CF for a Chinese casual brand in Shanghai, and attended ad related events.

‘Happy Camp’ usually airs for 60 minutes per episode with 3 guests on but with Lee Min Ho, they have pre-recorded a 90-minute ‘Lee Min Ho Special’ impressing all and proving the popularity of Lee Min Ho in China.

Source: Sports Seoul via Nate

http://www.ohkpop.com/21430/why-did-lee-min-ho-attend-lee-min-jungs-movie-wonderful-radio-vip-screening

Archived