Nursing Students!

1,034 posts in this topic

Posted

This is for anyone who is going into nursing or thinking about it!
This forum is for nursing students to vent (let all of their stress out); I know nursing school can be stressful! Also, I would like to know what type of nurse you would like to be? :D

Posted

Freshmen here~ (I have a loooooooong way to go)

Majoring in Nursing right now. I'm not sure on what type I'd like to be yet. I mean, as long as it pays well. :D

I'm really dreading the buttloads of chemistry and biology courses I'll soon to be taking for my next couple of terms.

Posted

I'm in nursing right now and will complete next year. Sometimes I wonder why I got into this field but in the end, I'm glad I chose this major. I meet so many new people.

I think I want to work in the Peds department when I'm done. I don't know how some could deal with ER. I had to work in the trauma unit 7 PM - 7 AM for 2 weeks of clinicals. Some of the stuff I have seen... :blink:

How'd you guys choose this major, anyways?

Posted

me too! nursing student...

have been thinking of changing my major several times but i've never done it...guess will stick this through to the very end :mellow:

how i chose this course? dunno really...hahaha...still trying to figure it out :) how bout u guys?

Posted

YAY for nursing!!!...im happy with my major b/c i wanna feel like im giving something back to the world by helping ppl..^^...

im aiming for RN status

Posted

I used to be in nursing but found it wasn't for me and now I'm blissfully a linguistics major lol ^^

When I was in nursing though, I wanted to go into maternity stuff because I love working with babies <3

Posted

Nursing students unite! mwahah

Im a freshman in college and plan on goin into nursing....

Plannin a lot of stuff rite now and just hoping they will work out

Posted

Yay! I'm in my 2nd year for RN now. Still got 2 more years to go. Seemsl like forever.

Nursing school is really really stressful, as I have to study in my 2nd language.

I don't know what I'll be doing in the future, but I think I would do maternal nursing too. I love seeing new babies being born

Posted

how can u going to a nursing major? do u have to major in a science course or what? I am confused about it. I want to major in nursing but my university doesn't offer it, only to RNs. They told me if I wanted it I should go to community college that has it.

Where nursing school did u guys go to?

Posted

hopefully by next fall, im going to start applying for the nursing school. the thing that's holding me back is that i haven't finish taking my science courses- chemistry1 and 2 and microbiology. if i pass chem this semester.. im going to start sending out my application to different nursing school. i heard it's very competitive to get in! ;/

Posted

Second year here. I'm ADN though. Anyone else ADN? The pre-regs that you take before you actually get into the program weed out a lot of people. The teachers are so blunt, too. They keep on reminding you that about 2/3 of the class will fail or drop out -_-

I took all of my science courses already. AP1, AP2, Micro. I don't have to take Chem since I'm only going for two years instead of four. I'm taking Pharmocology now and man is that class boring.

BTW this is in Texas so it might be different for you guys.

*Sigh* One semester at a time man.

Posted

^^Agrees, pharmacology was quite boring. ZZZZzzzz. I know what area I'm going to be spending a lot of time on when NCLEX comes along... :lol:

Right now, doing critical care in 5th semester of nursing. Quite exciting yet nerve racking at the same time due to the fact that the patients have highter acuity.

Senior in college, going for BSN. One more semester to go and two lower GE's to catch up on.

Favorite prequisite class is Microbiology. That class was just interesting all the way. Don't know about you guys but bacteria and viruses just interest me.

Posted

hey...angella here.

i'm planning to become an rn.

i graduated from saint martin's university last winter w/ a bachelor's in biology & i'm currently finishing up some prerequisites for the lpn/rn program. i finished up a cna course this summer so all i need now is to obtain my cna certificate to apply to the lpn/rn program for fall 2006.

my future goals after getting my rn license is to continue on w/ my studies & eventually get my masters in nursing. i know i have a lot of schooling ahead of me...but i ain't complaining much.

^_^

Posted

i'm going for RN

and right now i'm a freshmen at community college...

*sighs* one subject at a time for preq to get to the rn program lolx.

right now i haven't decide if i should take CNA next semester or Biology or Chemestry...cuz yeah i heard bio and chem are hard..so i haven't decided yet. lolx

Posted

i heard male nurses are in high demand lol

Posted

i heard male nurses are in high demand lol

Yeah! Male nurses are in high demand! Now some of the patients prefer male nurses than women and also they are saying they can lift and move patients better!

Posted

how can u going to a nursing major? do u have to major in a science course or what?

Depends what program you're aiming for. Are you going for LPN, RN, or BSN? Community colleges offer LPN and RN programs while universities offer BSN. I'll be graduating next semester with my BSN and will take my boards shortly after. I hope I pass on the first try. For the nursing program, there are certain prerequisites that you must take and you apply for the program at your college. See a counselor for more details. I'm not very good at explaining all of this. ^_^

Yeah! Male nurses are in high demand! Now some of the patients prefer male nurses than women and also they are saying they can lift and move patients better!

Quite sexist but quite true. I had to lift a 400+ lbs. patient today and if there wasn't my 2 male nurse friends with me, the only thing I could have probably lift of her was her toe.

That's great you guys are doing this to improve the health care field. I have some really dumb and mean people in my clinicals that I just want to choke. <_<

Posted

I'm actually in my first year of college, and nursing is a major. I want to get my RN and Bachelors in sciences, then go to grad school to become a nurse practitioner. =)

Posted

I'm actually in my first year of college, and nursing is a major. I want to get my RN and Bachelors in sciences, then go to grad school to become a nurse practitioner. =)

That is awesome that you want to do this! Remember nursing is not easy and try to stick with this program if you can! Let me tell you I have struggled with this nursing program, but I am still sticking with it! Anyways, Good luck in the program!

Posted

One of my friends is studying to be a nurse. He said that he had to spongebath people. Then he asked me if I wanted one. I said no....honest! >_>