Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drinking Milk Makes You Have White Skin?

66 posts in this topic

Posted

does it really work??

i heard that if you drink milk at least 1 glass a everyday it makes you white, not only your face but your body also. Is this true?? my mom always says this to me too, and my cousin acually did this.(tats what she says plus shes soo white.) i never acually saw her drinking the milk, but just wondering if anyone else heard of this.

Posted

LOL. Never heard of that before. But I don't think that's true.

Posted

never heard of that.. but i heard.. if yu bathee in it.. yur skin will get lighter.. never tried it.. but haha

Posted

I've never heard of that, but I'm sure you can apply milk on your skin to lighten it....

Question: Does cream work? In skin whitening?

Posted

well you are what you eat ... or drink.

jk haha. it sounds too ridiculous :sweatingbullets: maybe directly on the skin application works better.

Posted

I think that's a ridiculous myth.

I've been drinking milk every single day, and I can't say I've gotten any lighter as the years gone by.

Posted

I think bathing in the milk.??? I tried to wash my face with milk from cows though...blehh..

Posted

uh... i dont think that's true... cause i eat like 2-3 bowls of cereal a day or more. hehehe. and im really tan~~~

Posted

I've heard of this, and then the other day, mymum was watching a health program

In the program it said it's not true, how pale your skin is, is all down to genes, and not milk.

Posted

lol... umm drinking milk makes ur bone strong..

there was a thread about whitening skin..

u put cotton pads n soak it with milk n put it all over ur face.. for half an hour.. everyday..

but i do it twice a day wen im not lazy..

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145811

^ the link is there if u want it

Posted

no true at all...my friend used to drink one glass of milk evertday before going to bed and he's still pretty tanned...

milk, however, is a high source of calcium which means it'll make your bones strong...

and i agree with Yin, white skin is all about your genes, as well as environmental factors...

i'm pretty white/fair and i don't put it to milk...

Posted

o.o never heard of that before. you can only get white when you stay away from the sun.

Posted

LOl that's hilarious. people that do that will have awesome bones in the future.

Posted

your skin will get brighter if you use it on your skin.

what i do is just splash it on my skin during the shower.

Posted

i hear that alot TT___TT i dont think its true

Posted

i heard that if you drink milk at least 1 glass a everyday it makes you white, not only your face but your body also. Is this true?? my mom always says this to me too, and my cousin acually did this.(tats what she says plus shes soo white.) i never acually saw her drinking the milk, but just wondering if anyone else heard of this.

umm... do you happen to be Filipino? maybe i'm wrong, but when i was still living in the Phil, i keep hearing that milk makes you whiter-skinned. or maybe just in my family. :wacko::ph34r:

well, that's what my mom used to tell me when i was a kid just to make me drink milk. :lol: i wasnt fair-skinned until my early teens... but i dont think my skin got lighter because i drink milk. it's more in my blood/genetics (or whatever that is). however, milk is definitely good for the skin. i drink milk like it's water :lol:

Posted

hahah i dont think that this is true, i drink like 5-10 glasses of milk each day (well thats cuz i drink like 2-3 glasses per meal i love milk haha. tastes great with everything ^^)

and my skin is still pretty dark.

Posted

Does drinking and bathing in blood make you redder? probably not (just reminded of that countess lady who bathed in the blood of virgins to get fair skin.. uh)

Milk won't make your skin whiter, but I have read from CNN that drinking and eating lots of carrots will turn you orange (LOTS AND LOTS of carrots) so if you want to be orange.. there's your answer. ahhaa.

If you wanna be pale, just wear alot of sun cream and don't go outside too often.

Posted

A milk massage would be more effective, as people already mentioned

i've heard other crazy milk myths too -- that you'll grow a lot if you drink lots of milk, your acne will go away blah blah

haha

Posted

lol, i've never heard of this.

my brother drinks milk all the time, but he's super black. :D