Hairstyle Thread (for Guys)

18,966 posts in this topic

Posted

nice dragongc, i like it.

but bro u need some sleep. :P

Posted

So I've decided that I'm gonna take the plunge just for the hell of it and cut my own hair! Any tips on how to keep it at least relatively even? And how to substitute razoring with thinning or some such?

Posted

So I've decided that I'm gonna take the plunge just for the hell of it and cut my own hair! Any tips on how to keep it at least relatively even? And how to substitute razoring with thinning or some such?

get a lot of mirrors so u can see each angle / blind spots. use ur fingers as guides to the length (get used to knowing how much ur not cutting) like the barbers. thinning scissors are the safest bet imo. razoring = damages ur hair. sorry im not much help, don't have the balls to cut my own hair.

Posted

Cool thread. :)

Heres a few of mine over last few months.

Sorry if lighting is a bit crappy.

Posted

ok, maybe a bit too blonde?

doesn't even match your skin tone tbh.

Posted

Nice styling though.

20charactersssssssssssss

Posted

Wow. Good luck. Guess you won't be doing anything too daring? Let us know how you did it and how it looks.

Posted

Cool, but I think you will look better with shorter hair because your head looks really big with that length

Posted

Cool, but I think you will look better with shorter hair because your head looks really big with that length

I always thought big heads look better with longer hair. Short hair makes a big head look bigger. Doesn't it? Maybe I'm wrong.

Posted

I always thought big heads look better with longer hair. Short hair makes a big head look bigger. Doesn't it? Maybe I'm wrong.

i think so too

Posted

@DragonGC

It suits you well, except I don't see much done

to the back top part.

Posted

ok, maybe a bit too blonde?

doesn't even match your skin tone tbh.

agreed

Posted

i know why it looks big, if you notice his sides are really thick plus his back part/mullet is not long enough thus giving the wide/big head look

Posted

you definately look better with darker hair

okay guys, idk if this picture is clear enough for you

but my friend wants a new haircut

and he doesnt know what to do

wayne.jpg

^ thats him, yup

you think you could help me out?

Posted

You know what's been bothering me; I can't imagine me or my friends with bangs. We always had the forehead showing kinda sporty look. If we were to suddenly take the plunge into these asian cuts, we'd all look funny. I don't want to offend anyone but I'm not aiming for a fob look. But this sunday, we're going to Japantown for $50 asian cuts. Woooo! I dunno about bangs tho. Any comments on this or help would be appreciated =D

Posted

how did you get that blonde hair color? what brand did you use and how long did you leave it in your hair?

my brother wants to know because he likes that color

Posted

Picture45.jpg

They chopped off my sideburns :tears:

Posted

You know what's been bothering me; I can't imagine me or my friends with bangs. We always had the forehead showing kinda sporty look. If we were to suddenly take the plunge into these asian cuts, we'd all look funny. I don't want to offend anyone but I'm not aiming for a fob look. But this sunday, we're going to Japantown for $50 asian cuts. Woooo! I dunno about bangs tho. Any comments on this or help would be appreciated =D

Never know if you don't try :P

Posted

are you contradicting yourself ..or have i misunderstood?

-----

Shimmy - it's hard to tell how much they trimmed off from that view lol but so far it doesnt look that bad?