peppermintsugar

C I R C L E . L E N S Official Thread

42,293 posts in this topic

Posted

I think this is a political thing more than anything. The say that circle lenses are a danger. Given, yes, circle lenses are lower in water content and can dry out someone's eyes easier. However... All contact lenses have a risk.

But just because it is not "FDA Approve" they're making it controversial and scaring people from using them.

In the end, buying circle lenses will only hurt domestic markets. Doesn't that make sense?

Posted

Hey Everyone,

Well this is the first time I have actually posted on this site before, however I have been following the Circle Lens thread for about 2 years now, about as long as I have been wearing circle lens. Well I felt like posting up some pictures of me wearing some of mine. I have owned Colourvue Natural Black and Dolly Black which I purchased from (www.contactsbay.com) but the site is down right now. Then I bought me some GEO Magic Circle CK-105, which I liked a lot. I also have had Big Eyes 2 which I got from I think lensalot.com. And now my most recent goodies came from KawaiiLoveBeauty.com and I got Geo CK-106, XCK-105, and BC-102, and I got a free Anna Sui (inspired) case.

Well I found it pretty difficult to find other green eyed girls with super western european eyes (mom is a full Brit), there we're a few on this form though. I love the variety of people on this thread you all have very good pic and advice you give on another. Well anyway here's a few pic's of me wearing the big XCK-105.

OFF SUBJECT SOMEWHAT

but they showed this thread on the news

and they showed your post

http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/worries-over-circle-contacts-trend-20734327

Posted

So i have some lenses intransit to me right now

the XCK-105

the Piercing heart lenses

the t-star lenses

and the tricolor green lenses

should i open them all or should i not?

i already have so many pairs u_u

Can you please open the piercing heart lenses please?? :]

Posted

Can you please open the piercing heart lenses please?? :]

I can

turns out theyre in plano

i got my xck105s today

but my payment didnt go thru for the other ones due to my stupidness and forgetting to click the final submit payment link on paypal

sooo im waiting on those, shouldnt be too long tho

n_n;;

Posted

hello.

I bought some circle lenses for the first time for my friends and I from this website (koreanlens.com) they advertised on soompi and it just came today. Some of them are geo lenses but I thought they would come with an anti fake sticker but they clearly didn't. On the site they claimed to sell "no fake lenses". I'm worried they're fake if so what should I do? :( They were all less than 20 bucks.

Their lines are somewhat odd, like Geo Honey (as opposed to geo honey wing)and geo twister.

Posted

hello.

I bought some circle lenses for the first time for my friends and I from this website and it just came today. Some of them are geo lenses but I thought they would come with an anti fake sticker but they clearly didn't. On the site they claimed to sell "no fake lenses". I worried they're fake if so what should I do? :( They were all less than 20 bucks.

which site was it?

can you contact the seller? sometimes they forget to put the stickers on. Check the colors of the bottles against google pics of authentic vials

Posted

hey all

as you guys know, the topic of circle lenses have been getting a lot of press recently. some of it interesting, some of it not so accurate. we want to make sure soompi stays a place for people to find good and quality information on circle lenses. we have been asked to do an interview for katie couric's CBS Evening News to talk about the origins of circle lenses, who wears them and why. should i say Lady Gaga inspired us all??!?! i'm kidding, lol! but just wanted to let you know, i will be letting them know how long they have been popular on our site, why we like wearing them and what we all do to use them safely. any tips would be appreciated:)

I think if you tell them about the site and that how mostly all users here caution with how many hours they should be worn and to wash hands and how to safety store and clean your circle lenses that is a good way to go. Also it would be good to mention that lady gaga did not start the trend and that she just looks like she was digitally enhanced and how long the trend was actually around and where it actually began.

Posted

I think this is a political thing more than anything. The say that circle lenses are a danger. Given, yes, circle lenses are lower in water content and can dry out someone's eyes easier. However... All contact lenses have a risk.

But just because it is not "FDA Approve" they're making it controversial and scaring people from using them.

In the end, buying circle lenses will only hurt domestic markets. Doesn't that make sense?

Erm, about the water content thing -- my Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism has a water content of 38% while I believe a majority of circle lenses contain a 38%-55% water content. The only thing that stops the oxygen from getting to your eye is the printing but there ARE western colored contacts with printing. Sigh, this whole deal makes me soo mad.

Posted

which site was it?

can you contact the seller? sometimes they forget to put the stickers on. Check the colors of the bottles against google pics of authentic vials

Ops you replied before I edited the post. its from koreanlens.com

honestly I think only that site sells those type of lenses I dont see them elsewhere.

Posted

Hey guys so i also bought circle lenses from "koreanlens.com" <-- ad from soompi.com

i HAVE been wearing them for lets so less than a month longer than 2 weeks? but not everyday.. and.. i DONT think they are authentic.. Im not sure if im going to throw them away let because i want to see what you guys will say if they ARE or NOT real.

i cant upload a picture because its dark and my webcam sucks. but the bottle is wrapped in a sticker in PINK that says style on it and ont the upper right it has the geo logo on it, but we all know.. that there are a lot of copycat things going on with ther, there IS also a barcode... and i tried looking up the packaging but... sadly i couldnot find any. ALSO i was going to contact koreanlens.com but I'm kinda scared that they might lie to me instead....... so i want to know.. is the pink packaging really GEO because i have been browsing for a long time over lenses and ive NEVER seen them before. thanks.

THERE WAS NO STICKER.

Posted

I was looking around google if anyone had a blog entry/lens review on lenses they bought from koreanlens.com.

I found one and she put up pictures of the bottles. I noticed the 'G' on the Geo logo didn't have that little curvy line on top (which many "how to spot fake Geo tutorials" tells you to look for). Although all of mine were different lenses and had that line above the G, it still shows this shows the site is definitely shady.

Posted

101_3938-1.jpg101_3934a.jpg

pics of my max pure brown

wtf wtf wtf next thing you know they'll start saying Lady Gaga started the Lolita trend too.

Posted

OFF SUBJECT SOMEWHAT

but they showed this thread on the news

and they showed your post

http://news.yahoo.com/video/world-15749633/worries-over-circle-contacts-trend-20734327

What the heck!?! Why is my first and only post the one ABC decides to put up! Is it because I am a white girl who is going after the Lady Gaga video look? Which by the way isn't the case, like I said in that post I've been wearing circle lens for 2+ years! Ehh, I am just a pretty pissed. Unfortunately I deleted the content of my first post since I didn't have the intentions of having my face on national television. My intentions were only to show people on this form. And I was going to post my BC-102.....maybe if the form becomes more private or something.

Posted

What the heck!?! Why is my first and only post the one ABC decides to put up! Is it because I am a white girl who is going after the Lady Gaga video look? Which by the way isn't the case, like I said in that post I've been wearing circle lens for 2+ years! Ehh, I am just a pretty pissed. Unfortunately I deleted the content of my first post since I didn't have the intentions of having my face on national television. My intentions were only to show people on this form. And I was going to post my BC-102.....maybe if the form becomes more private or something.

Come to the Gaia thread! :) Ergh, topped a page. I'd really like to see your BC-102's though! And yeah I did notice that your post was in the video >_> racist jerks... You should demand money compensation for using your pictures!

Posted

@julanrouge

Please please please tell the American Media that circle lenses are not inspired by Lady Gaga.

Circle lenses have been around waaay before Lady Gaga became "Lady Gaga." It really annoys me that they associate circle lenses with her. Oh well. I'm obviously pissed. :P

Posted

Come to the Gaia thread! :) Ergh, topped a page. I'd really like to see your BC-102's though! And yeah I did notice that your post was in the video >_> racist jerks... You should demand money compensation for using your pictures!

That is exactly how I feel, like 'oh its a white girl lets put her pics up (for like the 2-3 seconds it was shown) because this is what young American teens (actually I'm 21, almost 22) look like'. I don't think I could get anything for it, or even if I can get that segment taken out of the t.v/internet video. If anyone has suggestions please let me know. I know it seems like I am making a big deal about this, but they didn't even get consent from me to post my face on national television. But I guess if you post something on the internet its 'free game' for anyone.

Posted

double

Posted

@julanrouge

Please please please tell the American Media that circle lenses are not inspired by Lady Gaga.

Circle lenses have been around waaay before Lady Gaga became "Lady Gaga." It really annoys me that they associate circle lenses with her. Oh well. I'm obviously pissed. :P

That is exactly how I feel. I got into circle lens originally by googling 'how to make Caucasian eyes Asian looking', no joke. Then I became fascinated by enlarging the iris, it was love at first site really. And like I said before been wearing circles for 2+ years. Lady Gaga my butt, hehe! Actually it was pretty Asian eyes. ^-^ Which no matter what my eyes will never be, but I am happy with how they look now.

Posted

Gaia is also a public website, it wouldn't make a difference. Not to mention Gaia is like, internet cancer but that's just my opinion.

I think everyone should stop paying so much attention to this stupid media hype. So what? They're misinformed and they're idiots. Nothing new there. Drawing more attention to it probably won't do anything positive for circle lenses in general over here.

Posted

yeah pretty much... politics. i doubt "safety" is the main reason they are concerned with these circle lenses. they are more concerned with how these circle lenses are "discouraging" people from going to optometrists and purchasing fda contacts from u.s. optometry clinics are probably outraged at how much potential customers they could have had but lost them due to buying contacts online without their "needed prescription". in the end, it's all money that matters that people care about.

the media's attempts with scare tactics is just sad. a majority of circle lens users have already visited an optometrist and know their prescription power. the circle lens wearers also purchase and wear regular contacts too. if we have a problem with our lenses, it's common sense to immediately take out the lenses and discontinue wearing that defective lens. with 1602 pages of this circle lens discussion on soompi... it's apparent that people are taking extra caution with how to care for our lens, learn about proper safety techniques and discover what brands of lenses are the best and suitable for wearing.

just exactly how many circle lens wearers so far have had to go to the ER/hospital from wearing circle lenses? if these cases of eye injuries or eye diseases are numerous, perhaps i can understand the dangerous potential of wearing them. though, if not a lot of people experience serious problems, then is it really worth trying to encourage the discontinued sale of them? it seems like right now there is mostly "speculation" of the hazardous effects with not enough concrete cases to support their claims.

and random, the reason why i personally like circle lens: honestly, i don't really care much about enlargement factor. i mostly like the color change, and i like circle lenses because they are "reasonably affordable". that is all. i only have one pair of lens right now, but i feel like i should start stocking up on more just in case...