peppermintsugar

C I R C L E . L E N S Official Thread

42,275 posts in this topic

Posted

Ooh yay! I've been looking for the Hana SPC Barbie Browns but it seems that no one sells them in prescription! Does anyone know where I might find them in prescription? How natural looking are the GEO Honey Wings on super dark eyes? The ones I'm considering for uber natural lens but enlarging are Max Pure Brown, GEO Honey Wing and the Hana SPC Barbie Brown.

Last one I've been looking at are grey lenses, does anyone have recommendations for not TOO unnatural looking grey lenses? I really love the Adult Greys, they are beautiful in how they change color in different lighting :D I'll post pictures soon!

Posted

Ooh yay! I've been looking for the Hana SPC Barbie Browns but it seems that no one sells them in prescription! Does anyone know where I might find them in prescription?

http://www.candylens.com/products/Hana-SPC-Barbie-Circle-Brown-Circle-Lens.html

Posted

Hiya ;D

Well is there a chance you have astigmatism - are they "dropping"(hanging mostly at the bottom of your eyes)?

Or maybe, they're just not fitting "right" and after awhile they get uncomfortable?

D;

thanks for your reply, Boba. =)

no i dont have astigmatism. i normally wear prescribed contacts and have had no problems with them. this will be my fourth circle lens....and have had no probelms with my previous ones.

nope, not having those symptoms at all. just mostly blurry when i put it on. no pain, no shifting, etc.

maybe it needs to be soaked more....gah, i hope so. will update tomorrow.

oh so sorry i didnt see ur posts, Jhoy and tvsj18! i'm so sleepy now. lol

hoping it isnt defective as i have heard manufacturing inconsistencies with eos adult lens. hoping it's just a soaking issue...

thanks so much all ladies!

Posted

i find that circle lenses aren't always comfortable and i wouldn't recommend wearing them for long periods of time. I did have the nudy greys... but i found they were a bit to un-natural. I just bought ck-106 (Annex Black) and the tri-tone grey for a more natural look. I've heard that the black lenses are more comfortable... is that true?

i agree with brownjhoy. it really depends on the individual. some love geo's for comfort, whereas some hate it. i'm one of them....lol. i only own 4 lens now: eos, dueba, geo and neo. to me, neo are most comfortable. i'd compare them with my o2 optix (though have never put them on longer than 6-7 hrs).

Posted

EOS Misty Gray, in lighting

DSCN2700.jpg

EOS ... Adult? Purple; not sure -__-.

Its cute up close but other than that extremely unnoticeable - -;

DSCN2670.jpg

Misty Gray

& EOS Purple

You can see the gleam in the misty's and a slight purple hue in the purples ...

DSCN2653.jpg

Posted

i'm rather confused with dueba and barbie.. is barbie one of dueba's circle lenses model and as well as a separate brand?

also, do you guys know if dueba has circle lenses that are like, a 14.0mm brown ring?

i think i might have bought fakes >_____< sighh, whatever they were less than $12.. but the vendor assured me they were legit... >:(

Posted

Goodmorning!

Today I found my pack from honeycolor.com! I'm glad because the customs of my country are kind of strict and random..

I ordered a pair of GEO Nudy gray plano and a black contact lens cleaner,

Everything is so tiny lol I never saw this stuff in real life and I pictured them a lot bigger XD

Lenses seem perfect and the site say they are genuine (not fake ^^). The order arrived few days after the time estimeted by honeycolor.com, very good! The only wrong thing is the contact cleaner, it's red instead of black! It's not ugly but.. I ordered it black and still prefer it black.. should I send it back?

When I remove them from the bottles, before using, have I to soak them in the solution? for how much time?

I'll do a review on lenses and on honeycolor soon! I'm really happy! Yay! XD

Posted

Goodmorning!

Today I found my pack from honeycolor.com! I'm glad because the customs of my country are kind of strict and random..

I ordered a pair of GEO Nudy gray plano and a black contact lens cleaner,

Everything is so tiny lol I never saw this stuff in real life and I pictured them a lot bigger XD

Lenses seem perfect and the site say they are genuine (not fake ^^). The order arrived few days after the time estimeted by honeycolor.com, very good! The only wrong thing is the contact cleaner, it's red instead of black! It's not ugly but.. I ordered it black and still prefer it black.. should I send it back?

When I remove them from the bottles, before using, have I to soak them in the solution? for how much time?

I'll do a review on lenses and on honeycolor soon! I'm really happy! Yay! XD

yay! I ordered from honeycolor too, and I'm having problems with my shipping - did you? I chose Express Mail and it's taking much longer than it said it would (3-5 days). Also, when I email them about this (twice) they've replied with a generic response that they're moving offices :/ I thought I saw that on this forum a while back? :unsure:

before using the lens, you'd want to soak them in solution, in a soft lens contact case for at least 6-8 hours

&about the red lens cleaner~ you could try emailing them that you ordered the item in a different color (maybe show your order page, #) and see what they can do about it (shipping costs to&from). Maybe it was out of stock in black and they still wanted to send you something? :P but if they don't cover it then personally i don't think it's worth the trouble since they do the same thing~ :)

Posted

yay! I ordered from honeycolor too, and I'm having problems with my shipping - did you? I chose Express Mail and it's taking much longer than it said it would (3-5 days). Also, when I email them about this (twice) they've replied with a generic response that they're moving offices :/ I thought I saw that on this forum a while back? :unsure:

before using the lens, you'd want to soak them in solution, in a soft lens contact case for at least 6-8 hours

&about the red lens cleaner~ you could try emailing them that you ordered the item in a different color (maybe show your order page, #) and see what they can do about it (shipping costs to&from). Maybe it was out of stock in black and they still wanted to send you something? :P but if they don't cover it then personally i don't think it's worth the trouble since they do the same thing~ :)

Thank you very much for the fast answer!

I'll soak my Nudies then!!

I didn't have any very big problem, I choose standard airmail because it was cheaper :P The estimated day was some days ago, so it's ok. I emailed them few days ago and after the standar mail (the one that others soompiers received) of the office moving they answered my question quickly.

I think that if the black went out of stock they would have told me.. anyway I saw their rules about returns and they pay if the error is made by them they pay. I wrote them an email with a picture of the red case, the standard email arrived instantly lol later I'll check if they answered. The only thing is that it would take some time but what's important are the lenses, the case was only a plus so I can wait for the black one :)

With the express email they give you a specific tracking number, right? Try to ask to your national post, if not there are different websites for tracking depending on the type of shipment.

EDIT: Their packer did an error but now the black case is out of stock so I said I'll keep in red

Posted

@Batgirl: those 4 tone look awesome my fav on you! next would be the velvet blue and lastly groovy green ^^

@itsjennyfer: misty gray looks very nice! and your pic makes me miss the beach =]

okay so I'm definitely getting some MI lens, I'm so excited! =]

Posted

EOS ... Adult? Purple; not sure -__-.

Its cute up close but other than that extremely unnoticeable - -;

DSCN2670.jpg

looks more like flower violet to me, i don't know.

Posted

sorry if this is posted already.. an interesting article about circle lenses :

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/04/fashion/04lenses.html?_r=1&hp

i don't know if this will encourage companies in north america to start making lenses, or still make it "illegal"

Posted

Someone in this thread said that people in Korea normally wear colored lenses that do not enlarge as much as circle lenses. Does anyone know of any colored lenses that do not enlarge (like Tricolor) that has the same kind of design as Geo Angel?

*sigh* I don't expect anyone to answer but I might as well ask ^^;

-edit-

Aw poo, I got the first post...sorry I don't have anything to contribute! ;__;~~

Posted

Does anyone know of any colored lenses that do not enlarge (like Tricolor) that has the same kind of design as Geo Angel?

The whole thing is. Angel and the tricolors are the same exact diameter. But because angel has a thick limbal ring, it looks like it enlargens the eye more. So if you want a thick limbal ring, you will have to deal with the fact it will make your eyes look bigger.

Posted

i know the black ring on the geo angel lenses give a bigger enlarging effect..

but which enlarges more?

the geo angel series (or any lenses with black ring)

or the geo ck series (the plain black ones)

Posted

i don't know if this will encourage companies in north america to start making lenses, or still make it "illegal"

I happen to come across that article earlier today, and I have to admit I found it rather ridiculous that the article states "Lady Gaga" as having anything to do with circle contacts. The article in itself was rather dubious with its information--the title questions whether or not the lenses are risky, but it never answers its own question with a conclusive fact, just a heap of maybe's with a few rumors thrown in here and there. I think the journalist should have done more researching before printing out an article like this...On the other hand, I think all contact lenses can be dangerous to one's eyes if the person does not care for them properly and excessively overuses them. I don't believe that just because one uses circle lenses, they're doomed to become blinded somewhere down the line. Putting anything onto your eyeballs can be dangerous--It's all about finding a good balance and knowing when you need to allow your eyes to rest.

Posted

I posted the article in the current events section just a while before I came here XD

Posted

ok, so i soaked my EOS adult blue for over 10 hrs overnight.....still blurry. no stinging, no discomfort. just blurry 99.9% of the time.

it's definitely defective....sigh. when i looked at the middle of the lens (non-color part for the pupils), it is slightly wrinkled instead of having a smooth surface....now it makes sense why i tend to see more blurry then clarity with these lens.

I will email my seller again tonite. Last nite, i told her of my predicament and she offered refund or replacement. i am quite very happy with her service....hoping this story will have a happy ending.

thanks ladies for ur help here!

Posted

Hey everybody :] This is my first time replying to this thread, but I'm sure all the nice people here will be able to help me :]

So today I went to the mall and bought my first pair of circle lenses - well, contact lenses in general. I've always been a glasses wearer, so I have no clue how to handle contacts. I've been getting tips from an awesome friend, so I have the basics down, but there's still a question in the back of my head.

I don't plan on wearing the lenses every day, or even every other day. I was wondering if I could just soak the lenses in the contact lens case with the solution, changing the solution every 3 days or so? Basically, what I'm asking is how to store these lenses long-termly. Hopefully someone can help me! Thanks in advance :]