Ap People!

2,857 posts in this topic

Posted

Questions? Need help? Want to complain?
So.. who wants to complain/talk about the AP program? =D

This is also for people who have questions and need answers (obviously). Help each other out!

Posted

whooooo ap!!! so alot people at this forum are taking like average of like 4/5 ap tests and my school recommends taking like 3 max..and most of the people(student/parents/teachers) where i live discourage you from taking ap classes..am i the only one who experience this?

Posted

In our physics class, every single one of our tests this entire year have been real AP tests. And our final was the actual AP mechanics exam...so naturally everyone got a bad grade. Except two kids got an A on it! That's like getting two problems wrong on the actual AP test! :crazy:

Yeah, and I could keep complaining...since every AP class is taught solely around the AP exam. So everything goes like this "okay kids, on the AP test they are going to ask you about this and not this, so you dont need to know about this." Yeah...180 days spent talking about a 3 hour test. -___-;;

Posted

AP takes up all my time. I wish I were a genius and could read and comprehend and memorize without taking forever! Where has my life gone???? Well at least I got over the initial shock of sophmore year and World History. My brain feels fried a lot. As a senior, I don't know if I have the will to focus until the May exams....gah.

Posted

I have AP US History 1 this year. The class is not bad but the test are hard. For each question there is like two possible answers.

And i need to get a 4 or a 5 on the AP exam to get my college credits.

Is anyone here taking AP economics? Is it hard? Interesting?

Posted

as soon as we're done taking the ap tests, the classes that we used to pull allnighters studying for tests or writing papers for are basically over. i do absolutely nothing from the day after the exam to the last day of school. now that i'm a senior, its basically take the exams, graduate, be done with high school forever. whoohoo.

so which ap classes did you guys take altogether?

10th grade: govt ap

11th grade: chem ap, calc ab ap, world history ap

12th grade: calc c ap, spanish ap, english ap, econ ap, stats ap

um i slacked in my history ap classes like whoa. i dont even know why i took them 'cause i hate history. i settled for B's and got 3's on the exam after not paying attention all year and not studying at all haha. what a waste of my time -.- and i feel like i havent learned anything in econ this year although we're apparently "on track" with the ap curriculum.

i don't know if i even wanna take like half of the ap exams that i should for this year... senioritis :/

--edit

ap econ is interesting i guess. i took it bc im planning to go into business. a lot of it is common sense and graph reading.

Posted

I'm thinking about taking AP Brit Lit.

Anyone taken it before?

It's year long. :( lol

Posted

i hate AP compsci!!!!

i dont get it at all T_T

i dunno if i should take the ap compsci exam in may or not. i got an A last semester, but it was like 89.5% lol. i dont get the subject, but i heard that the ap exam is really really easy, so im not sure...

ap euro is okay though (:

but im screwed for the essay portion of the ap euro exam :x

Posted

I love Ap Biology a lot. (: The class is soo easy but the test and quiz? They killed me.

Posted

im going to fail all my APs this year because my teachers procrastinate more than i do

Posted

In our physics class, every single one of our tests this entire year have been real AP tests. And our final was the actual AP mechanics exam...so naturally everyone got a bad grade. Except two kids got an A on it! That's like getting two problems wrong on the actual AP test! :crazy:

Yeah, and I could keep complaining...since every AP class is taught solely around the AP exam. So everything goes like this "okay kids, on the AP test they are going to ask you about this and not this, so you dont need to know about this." Yeah...180 days spent talking about a 3 hour test. -___-;;

i actually wish my class was CLOSE to that. i'm taking AP Physics right now, except it's really AP/CAPP Physics, and he teaches it more CAPP than AP {meaning we do labs and never talk about the AP test at all}. the worst part about it is, i'm most likely the only one in my school who is going to take the AP test for that subject, and my class {as in the people} hinders my learning rather than helps it. i seriously feel like i'm in middle school again. there was a point in time when the guys sitting next to me threw spitballs and laughed. =________=;;

Posted

AP Statistics is a joke in my school now because our new teacher doesn't know crap.

Posted

im going to fail all my APs this year because my teachers procrastinate more than i do

LOL :( :(

I took AP Comp Sci last year. I hated the class, but the exam was easy.

This year (sophomore), I'm not taking any AP classes because our district doesn't give AP World History classes for some reason. :blink: So I guess I'm just taking GT World History, lol.

Next year, I'm taking AP Spanish 4, Biology, US History, and English.

I'm kinda worried about biology because my bio1 teacher last year didn't teach anything. It was her last year before retirement, so she wasn't even in school like half the time. We had open notes&book tests for heaven's sake. :[

Posted

I'm taking Lit, Lang, Calc AB, and gov... SOOO ANNOYING. I was just going to study gov on my own, but now I don't want to.. but I already put it on my apps. O WELL. 2 is a 2 hahaha

Posted

SARAH!! You don't need to stress out. I know some people who took the AP Physics C test last year... and well, basically he summed it up as because the test was so hard, almost everyone failed. It's sort of on a bell curve sort of thing, the AP tests, that is. So basically if everyone fails, then the people who less failed or did better, get the higher grades, or, 5s on their AP test.

At least... I think. Yeah, the "AP test is going to ask something like..." thing is really annoying me in calc. I mean, Mr. Wallbaum does it a lot. Mr. Braun did it a lot too. Though, in APUSH, it's not so much. Because, well, most of the time, we're talking about something off topic. And then Ms. Thompson is just lecturing us... there's only like 3 times total she's said that.

Posted

They start taking payments for the AP tests next Monday for my school. I'm on the lunch program so it's only $15 per test for me. :) Sucks for people with tons of APs that have to pay the $83 per test. My friend has all 6 of his periods as AP's. 83 x 6 = A LOT OF MONEY! :lol:

Posted

^ SIX O_O

my school....we're a really easy school. so im kind of scared since the teachers teach pretty easy stuff and i feel smart but when the test comes around i know im gonna get a 0 -_- lol

anyways, im taking calculus AB, government and english literature. so yup =] but maaaaan. 83x3. -_- how i wish i could take the money and do something that would satisfy me like SHOPPING XD

Posted

Yup. I believe he has AP physics, bio, calculus, statistics, and....... I forgot the rest. :lol:

Posted

oh gahh APUSH is killing me

especially if youre doing sports and youre like VP for 2 clubs :(

but im not doing a sport this semester

so yeah whoot for more time.

Posted

honestly, ap bio is screwing me over. the class is a joke, the teacher is a joke, and i have a feeling i wont even get a 3.

i have the BEST ap ush teacher ever. the class prepares me so well (thank goodness) so at least i dont have to worry about this ap.

i have a feeling i wont do too well on the ap eng lang test because im not taking a class for it, and i suck at the critical reading portion of theSATs. ughhh im praying ill survive may with all these aps.