Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Daily Face Routine

86 posts in this topic

Posted

what do you use/recommend?

edit-----

I know there's a topic quite similar to this, but why not make another one? lol. ;]

Just a place to share what products you use/recommend and some experiences you might have had with certain products and ask questions that need answers. :D

Well, for me, I've always washed my face with soap and water, and once in a while, use lotion or vaseline, but i've never

had a routine to follow. but nowadays, ive suddenly developed and urge to use skin products. :w00t:

i really wanna try shiseido pureness or philosophy.. anyone have experiences?

my granma bought me this set of Arbonne Clear Advantage a while ago, with a cleanser, toner, and lotion for $100. i

personally dont recommend this. not only is this REALLY expensive, it doesnt even work. well, for me, it doesnt. it's just a

waste of money. ToT

so, i'm still searching for some good products that i could use, like cleaners, toners, moisterizers, and such...so feel free

comment with some awesome products you use. :D

**ACNE SOLUTION**

for acne solution, i would DEFINATELY recommend Aveeno Clear Complexion Correcting Treatment.

it really does work miracles. lol. theres also a thread about it in this forum too.

so my experience: i had these really really stubborn pimples on my forehead that just one day appeared, and it wouldnt go

away. i've tried many medications and stuff, like clearasil, arbonne, st.ives, clean and clear, etc., but none of them seemed

to work and the acne just stayed for about two months. so just a few days ago, i went out to buy the aveeno after reading

about it on soompi, and after using it for only 4 days, i definately saw some awesome results. all the stubborn pimples were

practically gone and i was only left with really small, minor ones and some scars that i made from squeezing them. lol. not

only does it get rid of the acne, it also helps moisterize your skin, so unlike most medications, where your skin gets easily

dry, this one helps clear acne AND moisterize at the same time. i would definately recommend this. it's kinda pricey, well,

only if you consider $16 pricey, but its definately worth it. :D

if anyone is interested, i'm also selling the aveeno, so pm me to find out your shipping cost. :D

Posted

wow you only use soap and water? lol if only my routine was that quick and easy

hm well i think you should stop using soap to wash your face as it can dry your face out, depending what soap it is, if its like, normal soap to wash your hands/body with then no

you should buy a cleanser to wash your face with and that can come in a soap form

i used to use clinique [a bit pricey] and that was pretty good

but right now i've opted for a cheaper cleanser and i use neutrogener gentle exfoliating wash which is good too

then after cleansing you should use a tone thingy, again i used to use clinique but now use neutrogena

then after that you should moisturize your skin

i use three diff ones

-estee lauder perfectionist in the mornings

-oil of olay multi-radience ontop of the estee laude stuff

-oil of olay night cream for before i go to bed

normally when you pick products you should get ones suitable for your skin

e.g my skin is a bit dry so i choose products that will moisturize my skin more and its ok for me to use so many moisturizing creams lol

someone with greasy skin would use less as it would make their skin more greasy

Posted

whee. thanks :D i will take your advice. ;]

cmon peopless, share your thoughts. :w00t:

Posted

ummm..i don't follow a routine. ^__^" once in a while..i'll use that st. ives apricot scrub when my skin starts to look really dull. and olay moisturizer everyday

Posted

hmm. im using this thing called acne free. which is a cleanser that contains benozyl peroxide. and i wash my face about two-three times a day. then wipe with a toner.

Posted

I use Clinique because it's the only thing that hasn't caused me to break out into more pimples.

As mentioned by ChouChou, it IS a little on the pricey side, but it does last a good time, and it's excellent quality.

BUT if you wanted to opt for cheaper alternatives, the basic routine is this:

1.) Soap (Cleanse)

2.) Toner (Exfoliate)

3.) Lotion (Moisturize)

So you can get less expensive products and just follow that basic routine. :)

Posted

wash face.

use clearasel face wash. (who ever you spell it)

lotion.

concealer if i really need it that day.

cover girl liquid foundation/ powder.

and at night i also use the face wash.

my face skin is sensitive so it gets oily easily and dry.

Posted

On a daily basis, I wet my face with hot/warm water to open up my pores and then cleanse it with Clean & Clear Foaming Cleanser. After I rinse it off, I wet my face with cold water to close my pores. I do this again at night to remove any make-up and/or dirt build-up. On Tuesdays and Fridays, I use Origins' facial scrub and on Sundays I use Origins' clay mask. My face stays fairly clear as long as I don't eat any oily foods.

Posted

i have a question concerning daily routines...

well usually i wash with a clean & clear cleanser.

but then i have to apply this cream that has Benzoyl Perxoxide that my dermatologist prescribed me (because i have acne)

then i hear alot(LOT) of people say we have to moisterize before going to sleep.. or after cleansing

i was wondering if i should moisterize after applying the derm. cream ? if so, how long do i wait or just apply in right after?

Posted

what IS a toner?? :blush:

Mines

Olay facewash

Aveeno lotion

=]

Posted

I use a wonderful Korean ginseng soap. It leaves my face clean and doesn't dry it out too much. And then I use lancome toner followed by moisturizers (I generally rotate moisturizing brands) coz I have found one that's perfect for my skin.

Posted

i have a question concerning daily routines...

well usually i wash with a clean & clear cleanser.

but then i have to apply this cream that has Benzoyl Perxoxide that my dermatologist prescribed me (because i have acne)

then i hear alot(LOT) of people say we have to moisterize before going to sleep.. or after cleansing

i was wondering if i should moisterize after applying the derm. cream ? if so, how long do i wait or just apply in right after?

i'm guessing you would most likely apply the moisterizer after the cream dries. :D

Posted

untitled-3.jpg

i use st. ives apricot radiance cream cleanser

it's really nice nd gentle ;)

Posted

i don't use anything except for water + towel now

i noticed that my face broke out less when i stopped using salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide on it

Posted

i'm guessing you would most likely apply the moisterizer after the cream dries. :D

that's what i was thinking too but i'm not sure...my face is all icky after i put the cream on..i cant imagine + a moisterizer

Posted

Mines

Olay facewash

Aveeno lotion

=]

i'm not EXACTLY sure, but isnt it used to balance skin and uneven skin tone and acts sorta like a moisterizer? lol. sorry. >.< i'm sorta new at this stuff too.

that's what i was thinking too but i'm not sure...my face is all icky after i put the cream on..i cant imagine + a moisterizer

what kind of cream do you use? regular medications usually dry quickly, but since you got it from your dermatologist, ehh. >.<

maybe you should just apply the moisterizer on the areas where you dont put the cream. lol :D

OH YEAH!! and reuniw, i have that tooo! it smells weird though, so i dont use it that much. =P

Posted

Mines

Olay facewash

Aveeno lotion

=]

A toner is used after the face cleanser, which is used to wipe off any dirt that couldn't be gotten rid of when cleansing. It also helps remove make up and refreshes your skin :) After that, you apply moisturiser.

-----

Everyday, I use Garnier Pure Face Wash, Garnier Pure Toner and Garnier Pure A Moisturiser (for morning)/Garnier Pure A Night Moisturiser (for night). I won't recommend it cos it's not like it'll do miracles to everyone but for me, it works good for clearing dirt and making your skin a bit clearer. The toner would sting for those who have really sensitive. I have quite sensitive skin, but it only stinged a tad little so yeah.. =\

Posted

^ haha. i love the garnier shampoos. :D

ive also read in some threads that philosophy is good, anyone have an experiences or recommendations?

Posted

1) Face wash

2) Glades acne gel

3) Moisterizer

and voila

im done.

Posted

skin care to me is really a trial and tribulation thing.

You gotta get out, not be afraid to use your money, ask for samples, try anything and everything to figure out whats right for you.

The only thing i can reccomend is not using bars of soap to wash your face, don't use acne cleansers everyday if you have sensitive skin. Do do do visit your mall and talk to a SA to figure out your face type and buy accordingly (you dont have to buy their products). Mild cleansers are good. SPF in your moisturizer is good, or you can buy seperate sunblock and apply it over your moisturizer. If you use eye creams, its a very delicate area meaning you must touch it gently also. Remove makeup every night.

This is what i use:

Day:

Kose White mild cleanser

Juice Beauty Green Apple moisturizer

Night:

Eucerin redness cleanser

Bio-oil

Addons:

Simple salicylic gel for spot treatment

Yonka or hylexin eye cream

hydrocortizone cream (im prone to sun rashes so i apply a litttttle to get rid of it)

eucerin redness moisturizer at night if i feel a little red

Benefit Pineapple face scrub, to exfoliate now and then

KOrean cloth masks, only if i get around to buying it now. I use it mainly for whitening

Sephora makeuo remover, to get what my face wash didnt