5,211 posts in this topic

Posted

Gif
NHh0zjB.gifjRZGNY6.gifhnWle0N.gifwnOfUev.gifwimAd9H.gifN8iPsvG.gif

DC

Posted

mcromance said: nikkisjs said:

Posted

nikkisjs said: I can only laugh now!  I'm having a terrible ahjussi crush on LSJ! :D43-year old grouchy man-boy chaebol with dimples ;))

javabeans: Ha, then he steps aside to go shopping for a thicker coat, not having brought one, and we get a montage of him pronouncing the clothes either too much or too stuffy or too this-and-that. Asked about his fashion taste, he says he likes things simple, unobtrusive, and well-fit. I bet his taste is also super expensive. Only the best!girlfriday: Guys like him are the worst when you go shopping, because it literally has to be PERFECT, and they claim to not be picky while turning down every option. I love how he says it like it’s so obvious, I just want it to be perfectly tailored to my body. Is that hard?
javabeans: Don’t you love how he tells his VJ outside the store, “I will be ONE minute” and then leads him around for (seemingly) forever? He finally finds something he likes, and the show does this hilarrrrrrious split-screen with “The old one vs. the new one” which are virtually the same thing.
girlfriday: Pwahaha, and you know he dropped a bunch of money on it too. But he seems mighty pleased with himself.

halbae07-00209.jpg

source : http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/04/grandpas-over-flowers-in-spain-episode-7/
Btw, he broke a parking ticket/traffic law in one of the prev episodes and didn't even pay the fine.Plus, he totally cons Na PD by finding a way around their allowance contract (He adds his own personal funds.). Though Na PD deserves it :))A businessman like LSJ can't be duped so easily. He sure knows his way around money.Chaebol and all. Heh. Sad, I can't watch the episodes :(

@LinaL @bajing @bacomNooooooo, I wanna be the invisible one! :(I think, i'm youngest here (23 years 11 months) and the"kid" should be given the first choice :P
Anyway, i'll be "Human Torch". Chris Evans is handsome :D
@mcromanceLately, everything in kdramaland is ending with a sad/bloody ending (GG-14 days, Empress Ki.)Hope "Three Days" has a different ending :D

I'm already on my way to drop "Angel Eyes" coz...the story is too sad with lotsa hijinks + the 2nd lead is exxxxxxxxtremely sweet (I don't know if that's his true nature or he'll change colors later) + that  elevator and airport hug scene has been done to death, in kdramas. :|Though the leads (and their teen versions) are excellent.Btw, if you want bickering romance, you can watch "Witch's Love". Love the leads + lotsss of bickering + some hot kisses thrown in

:D

Posted

singaporegirl said: nikkisjs said: I can only laugh now!  I'm having a terrible ahjussi crush on LSJ! :D43-year old grouchy man-boy chaebol with dimples ;))

javabeans: Ha, then he steps aside to go shopping for a thicker coat, not having brought one, and we get a montage of him pronouncing the clothes either too much or too stuffy or too this-and-that. Asked about his fashion taste, he says he likes things simple, unobtrusive, and well-fit. I bet his taste is also super expensive. Only the best!girlfriday: Guys like him are the worst when you go shopping, because it literally has to be PERFECT, and they claim to not be picky while turning down every option. I love how he says it like it’s so obvious, I just want it to be perfectly tailored to my body. Is that hard?
javabeans: Don’t you love how he tells his VJ outside the store, “I will be ONE minute” and then leads him around for (seemingly) forever? He finally finds something he likes, and the show does this hilarrrrrrious split-screen with “The old one vs. the new one” which are virtually the same thing.
girlfriday: Pwahaha, and you know he dropped a bunch of money on it too. But he seems mighty pleased with himself.

halbae07-00209.jpg

source : http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/04/grandpas-over-flowers-in-spain-episode-7/
Btw, he broke a parking ticket/traffic law in one of the prev episodes and didn't even pay the fine.Plus, he totally cons Na PD by finding a way around their allowance contract (He adds his own personal funds.). Though Na PD deserves it :))A businessman like LSJ can't be duped so easily. He sure knows his way around money.Chaebol and all. Heh. Sad, I can't watch the episodes :(

Posted

@nikkisjs‌ thnks. But how u go about?. Sorry to bother but do u hav the actual link

Posted

singaporegirl said: @nikkisjs‌ thnks. But how u go about?. Sorry to bother but do u hav the actual link

Posted

Posted

@LinaL, Nice to know you, my same country fellow. I didn't know I am communicate with the International zones frenzs. Hahaha!

Yes, I like this show very much. It is one of the kind, I think so. They have all kinds of elements into one. Of course, after all, I still love my OTP only. Their romances is really bring back me when I was young except my hub. is not so stoic, he talks too much but now, he is opposite as stoic as him. Hahaha!

Maybe you admired LSY site but for me, I always seeing KHS as my inspiration idol. I like her beauty, her styles and how well she succeed as an actress, wife and mom now.

That is what I hope for the next 30 episodes, if HW become DS wife, of course I don't to see her wears all this layers of shirts and jackets, so boyish. She will turns into more feminine and classic looks. Hahaha! Oh, boy! Won't it be good if I am a writer, change the whole concepts of the stories.

Happy Labour Day!!!  

Posted

Wow! So many great writers fans in here. I need more times to read all your wonderful reviews and insights now.

@mcromance, you missed out one part in episode 16. DH met KM and they hugged too. That's why I say, you should watch one drama at a time, otherwise, so many dramas stuck up in your brain, you will be like DO. Let's see what you missed out, yes ! there is a skin-ship too where KM met DH and gives a butt-kick!  

=)) =)) =))

Posted

I have not seen this drama but does kim hee sun and taecyeon by any chance have any romance in this drama? When I read the synopsis it did not mention it so I was curious. I wouldn't mind see them pair up in here. Lol

After doing some research taec and khs does not seem to be romantically linked this this drama.

Posted

bashful said: I have not seen this drama but does kim hee sun and taecyeon by any chance have any romance in this drama? When I read the synopsis it did not mention it so I was curious. I wouldn't mind see them pair up in here. Lol

Posted

@ singaporegirl

Thank you for replying back...I was actually hoping for sparks between them since this drama is 50 eps. I think it will make the story line more interesting this way. Oh well... : /

Posted

WEiewFC.jpgspNo4gs.jpgkuvRFTo.jpg

DC

Posted

New pic. ep 21

680t1AL.jpg

Posted

@bacom @chenderella group hugs!!! hahahaha

Well, I'm in eps 18 now and I 'm loving this series more and more lol (and quit WR for while before I resume that series back, oh @bacom see how I love you chingu yah? wkakakakaka) but seriously this series is so awesome I just can't stop watching. I told you before how I used to dislike weekend/family drama but not this one. I mean WD isn't a very original story and this plot has been used in many times but the difference is how to do or present the story properly. I watched a weekend series in KBSW which reminds me a lot with WD. Aloof hardworking man, successful and comes back to the place he used to grow up but with an old man as the center of the stories instead of halmeoni like DS's mom, even the house looks the same and I think they really used the same studio for the setting, lol. However that series can't capture my interest unlike WD.

It's a rare treat to watch a family drama done without the uber-dramatic tone and just let a story of a family breeze naturally. I don't know whether it's the writer, the PD or the actors or simply a great combo of them all and makes that work. There's this fluid quality here, very subtle with great editing and makes the whole experience watching the series as a solid piece of art. The characterization is very strong and consistence, the conflicts make sense and the fillers, wow, the fillers. My greatest enemy in watching family drama (or other dramas too) is the WTF fillers which usually is the way the writers buy some time to find out what to do next with their stories/heroes. Lazy writers just put in fillers done by supporting characters of a series acting some out of the blue meaningless stuffs which has nothing to do with the story and let alone give an impact to it. Fillers in WD are more as helping hands to make us understand about the motives, reasons and motivations and to let us know better about the supporting characters in WD without taking too much focus and times from the main leads and their stories. I'm in eps 18 and I know we still not even reach half of the series yet but this is a strong work.

I love the warm feeling I feel all over the series. In DS fam, everybody loves everybody else, everybody cares everybody else, everybody protects everyvody else too. And OMG Yoon Yeo Jung as DS's omma really shines here, i never see her this vulnerable yet so strong and practically her role here as DS's mom is everybody's solace and pillar of strength. She teaches this fam how to love and no one seems can think or act otherwise. Granddad is just lol, cute? hahahaha while a granddad like him can look whiny and annoying, he's just cute. DH knows that he's practically manipulated when Granddad complained that he has weak heart in "Losing Dong Ok" scene but DS just couldn't do anything to him and sat in the corner as the old man cried and made him to? Lol, awesome.

And now I want to share my thought about the OTP. It's heartbreaking, as I know how it breaks DS's heart when he finds out while his revenge to his low social status takes him high up there with his achievement, his princess practically destroys herself in the effort for taking her revenge to Oh Chi Soo. It hits him, and me, oh me too, when he remember how he disappointed on the choice HW makes for her life. Taking such low job for a girl like her and how she clings to SH and makes her desperation known all over the town. The princess' castle shattered and torn apart, however she just clenched her fist and stubbornly walks her ways to her revenge no matter how ridiculous it sounded. However, no matter how it weird for HW to dream to take OCS down when she practically has no power to back her, she has something which I understand later why she clings on SH desperately. Maybe HW doesn't have the secret files of OCS's money transaction or anything, but she has what no one has; SH's absolute obsession for her.

Maybe for some people HW is just a shabby-dressed woman, looks all tired and desperate to chase after ghosts she only sees, but actually for SH, for DS and his fam and I think for some people too, she's still the princess of Gyeongju, the prettiest girl of all. While HW's omma gets sarcasms from everywhere, HW always treated with respect and proper manner. Maybe she's a daughter of a bankrupt fam, but to SH's she is still the girl boys could only dream at school, the girl who used to not look to anyone but DS. So yeah, now I understand why HW is so confident with SH and why SH is such a puppy to her.

I'm going to continue with eps 19th now, and on a side note, how beautiful Kim Ji Ho here? she's looks like a girl who comes out from the story book I used to read when I was a kid; so fragile, so pure, so elegant and totally lovely.

And omg, I love love love the OST, the one sang by a woman in the end of the eps. It sounds nostalgic, classic, oldies and dreamy. It reminds me when my parents used to hear their fave singer on TV/radio back then, or the song played in the bus when I took it back to my hometown while I put my head on its window and looking out far far away. Love it.

Posted

@nikkisjs, They look so sweet in the 'toothpaste' commercial. I had seen DS sparkles his teeth in 5 seconds to HW once at the station.

This is a reason why I want them quickly marry so that we can see DS and his mom grin like in the scenes.

@My Loi, you are awesome. Where did you got the episode 21 recap photos so fast? Omo.....they hugged. Why?? You mean Soshim approved to take HW as her daughter-in-law. Wow! wow! My expressions is as same as 2nd mom's facial expressions. Why so torturing, times pass so slow? "I am Soooo Freeee Now!!"

Posted

liliankuan said:

Wow! So many great writers fans in here. I need more times to read all your wonderful reviews and insights now.

mcromance, you missed out one part in episode 16. DH met KM and they hugged too. That's why I say, you should watch one drama at a time, otherwise, so many dramas stuck up in your brain, you will be like DO. Let's see what you missed out, yes ! there is a skin-ship too where KM met DH and gives a butt-kick!  

=)) =)) =))

Posted

@asyree, Hi! New fan. I like your descriptions and explanations of WD drama. Please rush-up to episode 19 and 20 especially episode 19. I don't know whether you will swoon or not by all the love /marriage declarations made by DS to HW, but I am dying to hear how you describe it? It is seems like a love poem to me.

• "I like you first way before you liked me. I thought I rather die that tell you this but I'm telling you now.
  • Because of you, I have change. Because of you, I have done things that I would never have done. All because of you. I love you, Cha Hae Won.
  • I want to give-up everytime my family hurt me but I could endure it if thinking of HW. I like her every single day before you know it.
  • Marry me, stop playing around and marry me. I want you to sleep in my room for a very long time, (maybe translations wrong in here: I want  you to sleep with me in the room forever  ) so just do that for me.

Too bad, I don't have son, if not, definitely this declarations I will ask my sons to memorize it and present it to his girlfriends.

=)) =)) =)) Hope you enjoy the drama!

Posted

@mcromance, I am kind enough to ask Kang Grandpa's Mr. Peanut advises. He said your DH and MR's meet-up scenes will be happen in one of the 30 episodes soon. Patience is the key. O:-) O:-) O:-) May God Bless You, Dear.