Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

More Controversies Surround "The Best Lee Soon Shin" | Soompi

19 posts in this topic

Posted

IU-lee-soon-shin-300x168.jpgMore Controversies Surround "The Best Lee Soon Shin" | Soompi

Despite having high ratings for its pilot episode and despite having explained the controversy around the name "Lee Soon Shin," the drama, "The Best Lee So

Read the full story here

Posted

just leave the name alone...

Posted

Actually, common names like Richard, David, Edward, etc.. are the names of kings in the past. It's no big deal.

Posted

name of character always become controversy issues in kdrama..

http://zafirahoney.blogspot.com/2013/02/iu-in-best-lee-soon-shin.html

Posted

People..just sit and watch the drama. This is modern drama. Even the review do not state that it is based on true story or so whatever.

If you are over concern, just watch documentary @ NATGEO.

Posted

Not all Dianas had Prince Charles as husband and Princes Willian +Harry as children

Posted

sigh....netizens should just learn to enjoy the shows and not link nothing to everything ...........

Posted

childish polemicsWR4wkC

Posted

Note to future parents: do not name your child soon shin if your surname is lee..they will have a big shoes to fill.

Posted

If the show change the name what will it be?? This drama is about burden that carried by girl with the name after big name of korean hero. She have a big shoes to fill. that the main story from this drama. How will she climb to the top, became as great as general LSS. I think thats the point.

This story is about girl name Lee Soon Shin. Its just another drama if the title and the main chara name changed. The drama will lost it soul then.

Posted

Lee Soon Shin is a heroine in this drama, just like her namesake, who's a hero in real life.

Posted

sigh....netizens should just learn to enjoy the shows and not link nothing to everything ...........

Exactly.. it's not as if the drama meant to be disrespectful, anyway. Just relax and enjoy.

Posted

Poor Girl cannot catch a break. :(

Posted

I guess the name shouldn't be the same as the respectful general to begin with. It simply backfires.

Posted

i think i understand why people are so annoyed by the interview scene. The interviewer and the rest of the people in the room acted as if having the same name with a real hero was somewhat funny. Usually people will say "wow, you have the same name with a hero? your parents must be really admiring him/her" or "wow, what a great name to have" or even "you must be very burdened by your name" instead of laughing at the person, especially if the hero was really well-respected in the country. that is a lame sense of humor, i'll say.

Posted

i guess. They don't know what DRAMA is.

and it says " Lee Soon Shin trying to overcome the harsh coldness of her surroundings.”

Posted

fighting YTBLSS cast and crew! :)

Posted

I really liked the drama, it's their loss if they want to critisize...

Posted

i guess. They don't know what DRAMA is.

and it says " Lee Soon Shin trying to overcome the harsh coldness of her surroundings.”

Yes, this is just a drama. We often hear dramas are not the same with real life. Man-up people!