Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Controversy Ensues After "Little Psy" Decides to Debut | Soompi

7 posts in this topic

Posted

aren't there a bunch of child stars in south korea? i'm not seeing negative stories about them.

Posted

Of course, any agency is going to "reap business profits" from their artists. That's not a bad thing; it's how agencies work.

As long as Hwang Min Woo is being treated properly--according to his agency rep, he is--then I don't see the problem. I think many "netizens" are being quite old-fashioned and quick to judge simply because of his age. They want to be overprotective of a very young artist who may quickly rise to fame. He seems very mature for his age and appears as though he understands what the kpop industry demands of him. If you've actually watched some of Min Woo's performances on Star King and some of his interviews, you'd see that he genuinely enjoys performing and loves the attention.

Posted

topracer01

wrote:

»

aren't there a bunch of child stars in south korea? i'm not seeing negative stories about them.

Posted

i know he enjoy what he does but i dont think he can handle negative critics very well at that age :o

Posted

Word is that it's his parents that are doing the pushing, not the agency. Very ambitious parents.

Posted

As long as he is given the time he needs to be a child, then he will be fine. He'll be working and doing what he loves. The agency needs to focus on his well-being and his happiness and hopefully everything will work out in the end.

Posted

Hwang Min Woo is a child! Children should be given the time to be children (you know, going out to play with their friends, taking trips with their relatives, etc). It would be way too much for him to promote AND study (especially since he's going to learn a foreign language!). And with the workload of Korean students, it is going to be STRESSFUL. What would happen to him when the flame dies down and more and more idols will take over? Wouldn't he, like other idols, have to work harder than ever? It's not fair for him, especially at that young age. If this is REALLY what he wants, then, let's just pray for him and hope for the best.