Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do you wash your hair before curling?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

prom hair help.
My hairdresser told me to go with freshly washed hair, but when I searched online, alot of people has said hair holds curls better when the hair is a little dirty. Help?

Posted

I find that curls are nicest on hair that has been slept on over night. (Shower the day before, go to sleep, wake up.)

Posted

i think if its a 2nd day w/out wash, the oil would weigh the curls down. i would do what the above post says.

Posted

When I had my hair done for my wedding, the MUA said to wash hair, so it's free from oil and hair products, and not put any leave-in conditioner. The leave-in makes the hair difficult to curl

Posted

It depends on your hair type. If your hairdresser said to go with freshly washed hair, I'd listen to her. I'm sure she'll put in whatever she needs to make the curls hold.

Posted

i wouldn't listen to her. i practiced my prom curls on dirty hair or 3rd day hair and it looked so amazing! i didn't know better back then so on the day of prom, i washed my hair and curled it the same way. it wasn't nearly as amazing. hair dressers don't always know best. some will tell you one thing just to charge you more.

Posted

it depends on your hair. if it gets oily quickly, i'd say wash it - because the dirtiness may weigh it down. but if its moderate then go for it.