Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Do you like your job?

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Why or why not?
All those around me hates their job. Do you? If you are financially secure, would you quit right away?

Posted

I do have a high pay job apparent. My boss is even temper hence I don't have to worry having to work with someone who is bad in temper.

Unfortunately, I have seriously bad colleague who bark at you on every single things when they did not get what they want.

Yes, I understand is their job however they have the tenacity to big it super big like end of the world to cause nightmare to those who were involved...

Posted

too bad you can't have multiple choices for the "why" part

:vicx:

Posted

too bad you can't have multiple choices for the "why" part

:vicx:

I've just edit the poll. I didn't realize you can choose more than one!

Posted

my job is too stressful. yes, i wanted to retire 6 months into my job at the age of 23.

Posted

I don't like my job because i don't enjoy it. I can tolerate unfriendly colleagues, strict boss. But i can't when it comes to handling someone's life. It's a matter of life and death. Caring is good but i don't want them to die on my hands. Hence i quit, and now pursuing another degree at the age of 27 y.o.

Posted

I know a lot of people that would love to have my job. I hate it though. I hate having to deal with jackasses on a near-daily basis, but then again, 80% of jobs probably do deal with jackasses on a near-daily basis. The pay is only good when I get caught with a spender, not a discount feline. I don't enjoy what I do because all my life I've only known and done art. Art doesn't pay if you're me though and in the end, getting paid to pay off my financial burdens matters more. Why should I starve while holding onto a passion that no one is ever going to acknowledge? It's foolish. Unfortunately, with what I'm currently doing, you won't hear the end of my complaining. But, that is my only stress relief. If I don't complain, I'll damage property. That's why I'm frustrated. If I could make and save enough money, I'd get the f out of here in a heartbeat. In a perfect world, I'd make a living from making art. Too bad it's far too difficult to make anyone care and in the end of the day, I just want to sleep hoping I don't ever have to wake up from inside my mind.

Posted

I used to.

I liked my job because I worked on my computer all day everyday, barely communicate with outside world. Occasionally communicate with other departments via email, rarely by phone. I've been working here since late 2007.

Around January this year (it was supposed to start much earlier, but there's programming problem), my boss has given me a project that involves updating old datas, handling repetitive questions via emails and phones, some are angry ones. What I hate the most about this project, I HATE TALKING ON THE PHONE, I can't stand handling 2-3 phone calls every 5 minutes about stupid and repetitive questions from those vendors and their complains! So I made my other coworker who is working on the project too to handle the phone calls.

So, for sure I'm not cut for phone customer support job. Don't have the patience.

I'm quitting work by end of the month, will become a full time stay home wife.

It'd have been nice to go back to work after 3 months since two earners are better than one, but with very expensive daycare and low paycheck, and not liking my job anymore, i'd rather just stay home with my baby. Fortunately, I will stay home most of the time, so I won't splurge so much on new clothes and beauty products anymore. Haha!

Posted

FO'SHO I'd quit if I was financially secure alone without that job.

That job isn't stable or secure at all. One day I can have the job and the next it's bye bye for regular workers like me.

I mean seriously who wants to smell like grease and meat?

Who wants to be put down by stupid, ignorant and... stupid customers?

Who wants to have a manager who makes you do everything?

Who wants to be paid less than what they are worth?

Who wants to work at MCDONALDS?

Seriously yo... If anyone here ever wants to work at a place like that, PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE WORST...

or simply don't give two hoots about anything and be happy.

=D

Posted

In at least a week or two I'll find out how much of a raise I will be getting.

If it's not more than $0.50, I'm quitting.

But other than that, retail isn't too bad. Maybe it's because I don't bother to service any guests. I don't care!

Posted

I like and dislike my job.

Overall, I do like my job, but there are certain co-workers that make it bad. If I work with a team that are not short tempered and are people I can talk to easily, I love my shift. But if I work with a team or someone who is short-tempered and not approachable (unless you suck up to them), I hate the shift. It also depends on the day. When it is busy, it can get rather stressful and during those times, some people get rather demanding.

But overall, I am just glad that I have a job right now. It has been just over a year since graduation and I have classmates who have not found a job yet. As for the pay, it is not bad, but not the best either. But like I said previously, a job is better than no job. It is not like one can gain experience in my field of work without graduating first, so I am just thankful I have one now. If things do not get better, I can always switch in the future, but for now, I am doing whatever I can to gain more experience and to save more money.

Posted

I'm working as an HR assistant (just graduated college a year ago) just trying to raise money to support myself, but.. I feel like it's so demeaning. I feel like I'm promoting gender stereotypes in a place where pretty much everyone in power is male, like I'm living in Mad Men or something. 

Being able to respect myself is more important than income, and I'm terrified I'll be doing this my whole life, out of comfort--I would just waste away. Seriously, the only thing my coworkers have to live for at work are lunches and funny youtube videos of cats. But I don't have any particular skill sets with a B.A. in humanities, so I dug my own grave.

Posted

I used to work at Best Buy as a part-timer. I loved working there. The two issues I had were getting transferred closer to my house because I was tired of driving 45 minutes on the highway, and gas is too expensive that I've spent over $600.00 so far since January 2012. My supervisor didn't listen to the things I suggested or when I needed a day off from work because my grand father passed away a month ago and she refused to give me the day off and told me I had to work. I couldn't stand anymore so I told my GM and handed in my resignation. cause no matter what I knew nothing was going to change. If people would listen to me and actually know that I care about my work I wouldn't have left. But I just got ticked off.

Posted

Well I've been 3 years into my job, although it provides enough for to live on, I have amazing co workers and the additional benefits e.g. holidays are good, it's quite stressful and some (well most) of the customers are so ungrateful and we have to deal with it on the front line. I'm lucky to have a job, however 3 years doing the same thing with nothing on the horizon to say this way change, coupled with the fact I'm nearing 25 and the place I live in is a bit of a hole, I have actually made the decision to quit my job by July and have brought a one way ticket to go to HK in August, whether this is a good move in the current climate who knows, but this is more for my own sanity more than anything!!

Posted

Well I've been 3 years into my job, although it provides enough for to live on, I have amazing co workers and the additional benefits e.g. holidays are good, it's quite stressful and some (well most) of the customers are so ungrateful and we have to deal with it on the front line. I'm lucky to have a job, however 3 years doing the same thing with nothing on the horizon to say this way change, coupled with the fact I'm nearing 25 and the place I live in is a bit of a hole, I have actually made the decision to quit my job by July and have brought a one way ticket to go to HK in August, whether this is a good move in the current climate who knows, but this is more for my own sanity more than anything!!

I hope you have fun in HK. A great place to eat and shop...if you're into cosmetics , you visited the right place!!!

Don't forget to go Macau from HK - just an hr ferry ride

Posted

Sometimes i like my job, other times i really don't. The pay is alright and it is not overly stressful, but i'm not sure i really enjoy working in the Financial/Business world. It seems like there are so many small minded and not so nice people who have gotten ahead and in to high positions. 

Posted

I wish there was a button for both. Because I do like and hate my job.

Why I like my job. My coworkers makes things bearable. We joke around and makes work goes by faster. It's close to where I live. And it's just a morning to about 3pm job. So it has it good points.

I hate my job because it is not where I want to be jobwise. I hate the service industry. And yeah. It's quite the love and hate relationship.

Posted

I love my job overall. Great pay, love my coworkers, flexible hours, nice breaks, fair driving distance, lenient and understanding manager. Everything is perfect except for two things: jerk/creep clients and hateful neighbors.

Posted

I've had a lot of jobs before...and I use to hate them for various reasons but I recently started working at a health technology company and its the first time in my whole life that I've ever loved what I do.

I love all the people there, I love what I do. The income is great and the hours are so flexible. I literally do what I want, when I want to. 

I wish more people are able to find what they love to do and get paid for it. And also enjoy the environment they work in...Wouldn't that be a perfect world :D

Posted

I like my job. I work as a pharmacy technician.

I think people tend to think that all you do in a pharmacy is count pills, which is partially true. However, we also have to deal with insurance (who may or may not be willing to work with us), doctor's offices, and grumpy patients (then again, you can't really blame those who just got out of the hospital). And yes, I have received some death threats, but in the end, they were all arrested anyways.

However, it can get quite stressful sometimes. At the end of the day, if I know that I at least helped one person, I'm happy.

Of course, if I find another job, that pays more, I'll be willing to quit my job. After all, I would like the extra money to pay off my student loans and whatnot.