Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

People with small feet (below 5 1/2), where do you find cute, affordable shoes that fit?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm a size 4 1/2! Help!
Being a size 4 1/2 is near impossible when you live in the US.... even a lot of Asian retailers don't make 4.5s.

It is the biggest pain to buy shoes. No affordable store in real life sells my size, so I basically have to only buy via the internet where I can't even try it on... 80% of the time it's too big, still (granted I sometimes take chances by getting size 5s) I sometimes get lucky at thrift stores, but it really is a rarity.

I probably only own 3 pairs of shoes that fit me... and they're all flats! I'm 5'3 and I need help in the height dept.. but it's nearly impossible to find decently high heels that fit me. Ugh.

Posted

You're like me too, well, I ordered online on Amazon or check out Payless too. Those seems to be the only two places that I can get my shoes size; how I wish I have big feet like a 7 or 8--they're so much easier to find in stores.

Posted

I range between a size 5-6 depending on the brand and if I wear socks and how thick the socks are ;)

I usually go raid the kids isle and am pretty much snagging the shoes that FIT as fast as I can and then try them on. For pumps I personally had some luck trying sears... The brands there aren't that great but if you REALLY need some starter shoes that you wont mind buying gel paddings and stuff for. idk, i usually just buy somewhere between 5-6 and if it is just a little bit loose i add some gel liners and such to lessen the space.

Posted

well im a 4 and all my shoes r too big, i live in toronto so i can go to pacific mall where there r alot of shoes my size and rlly cute, if i were u i would go to some asian store that sell shoes...

Posted

Ohh yes...having small feet sucks. I normally wear 5 to 5.5...5 in heels fit perfectly for me. I bought these flats in size 6 cause I really needed them and they were too big so I got myself a shoe gel pad and it fits perfectly. I suggest you to buy those since they fill up the shoes space and also they are comfortable. My friend wears a size 4 in women's and a size 2 in kids. We went to the mall and she tried on these heels in size 5. It didn't fitmher but I let her borrow my shoe sole pad and the heels fit her fine. Now she can find any size 5 shies and out in the shoe pads and it will fit her just fine. She normally shops in the kids department too. I also found a shoe site that can make shies for petite frets but they are pricey. I haven't tried it yet since I don't have a disposable income to spend. This is the site you can check out: http://jgshoe.com/. good luck!

Posted

Ohh yes...having small feet sucks. I normally wear 5 to 5.5...5 in heels fit perfectly for me.  I bought these flats in size 6 cause I really needed them and they were too big so I got myself a shoe gel pad and it fits perfectly. I suggest you to buy those since they fill up the shoes space and also they are comfortable.  My friend wears a size 4 in women's and a size 2 in kids. We went to the mall and she tried on these heels in size 5. It didn't fitmher but I let her borrow my shoe sole pad and the heels fit her fine. Now she can find any size 5 shies and out in the shoe pads and it will fit her just fine.  She normally shops in the kids department too.  I also found a shoe site that can make shies for petite frets but they are pricey. I haven't tried it yet since I don't have a disposable income to spend. This is the site you can check out: http://jgshoe.com/. good luck!

Oh, yeah! I do the same thing, but it doesn't always cut it. Also, buy heel grips! They reduce the size as well.

Posted

i go to payless and i'm a 2.5 there dry.gif (when i told a guy friend he was like, "that exists?")

i think you can try nordstrom website, they have size 4 and up, though personally i've never tried it

Posted

@little-fawn: oops didn't realize there was so many typos in my response. I was typing very quickly on my iPad lol. Hopefully you were able to read it. Ohh maybe you can try Cathy Jeans. I recently went to that shoe store at a mall and saw these cute nude flats. They have a size 5 and it fit perfectly on me. They have a website as well but it doesn't seem like they have a lot of shoes on the site. You have to go to the store to see more. Well hopefully you have that shoe store where you live. Im not sure if it'll fit for you if you wear a size 4.5 for shoes. I know it's hard when you don't know if the shoes fit you when you order them online.

Posted

My sister is like that, she gets her shoes on callitspring.com . Try that site, they sometimes or they do have your size. Good luck!

Posted

I'm a size 4 and it really is hard to find cute heels that fit for cheap. Most of my shoes I buy from Nordstrom/ Nordstrom rack. They have a lot of petite sized shoes (US4, US4.5) that are extremely cute. Their shoes also go on sale all the time! I get shoes from ebay too. The way to make sure that it fits well is to measure your insole length and then see if the seller has a comparable size. I found that you can't always rely on what size they tell you. So you should ask or look for insole length, it never lies! Hope that helped!

Posted

Yess, I'm not the only one with this problem, too! I'm also a 4 or 4 1/2. Honestly, I don't wear flats, I only wear heels. I'd say 80% of my shoes don't fit me properly. :/ I have some nice affordable heels from Sears and they fit me perfectly!

sw33tkins - YES. Nordstrom is good. I have a pair of boots from there in a size 4 and they fit perfectly. It's so amazing that they have quite a lot of small sizes. I also try to buy shoes online but they're usually too big. So far from buying shoes on ebay, 50% of the shoes I got fit me perfectly, and the other half doesnt. It's really a hit or miss from buying on ebay because their "conversion" sizes usually aren't accurate for the smaller sizes. >_>

Posted

Nordstrom : / I have 5-6 depending on the shoe. Mainly 5.5.

Posted

I think Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack is your best bet. I go there for cute heels. They have a good selection for smaller/petite sizes. It's hard finding shoes, sometimes I am a size 4.5 or 5 or 5.5 depending on shoes. ^__^
You can always try online, but it may still not be the exact size.

Posted

I'm a size 2 in kids so finding heels is literally impossible for me. :( 
Like everyone has said, I just recently discovered that Nordstrom sells size 4! All the pumps and stuff is still really big on me but the actual heels aren't too bad! They fit almost right, better than any other heel has! Have you tried going through Nordstrom's kid's sizes? There are some Michael Kors wedges that are made for kids but looks pretty decent! 
There is also Cinderella of Boston which sells shoes that are custom made! They have a sale rack going on right now! :) 
Pretty Small Shoes also custom makes shoes but are pretty pricey. 
If you don't want to buy online, go to Nordstrom and try on the shoes! You'll be surprised to see which ones fit! :) 

Posted

I know how you feel. I'm a size 5 and it's near impossible for me to find shoes. I shop at ALDO and Jeffery Campbells (solestruck.com, Karmaloop.com, or if you live in NYC in David Z stores) for high heels. Try maybe Taobao and get a shopping service to ship the shoes for you? I know they make a lot of custom shoes.

Posted

I would suggest Aldo because they make their sizes small. On their website they have size 5 listed as special size and it has its own section. Size 5 is the smallest but I think it might fit since they run small anyways. I wear a 5.5 but at aldo I'm a 6. Also, kids shoes are looking more and more grown up these days so look in that section too! Plus they're cheaper.  

Posted

Nordstroms actually started out as a shoe business before venturing into retail. They have a LARGE selection of shoes <3 They would be your best bet. 

Posted

jcrew 

Posted

Hello fellow small-feet people, i'm a size 4.5...i find Payless Shoes are GREAT for us, they have fairly snug size 5s, particularly from AE brand....Sears is great for size 35s too...otherwise i shop in asia :P

Posted

oh wow i thought I had it bad with size 5.5
anyways, zappos are great for carrying smaller size they don't in stores, and nordstrom carries size 5 tooand for heels, well I just gave up on heels..theydon't look that pretty when they come miniature size