Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Most Popular Korean Pop Bands?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Boys and Girls?
I'm conducting a project... so no bashing anyone or any groups. They are all talented in their own ways.

Can people give me a list of the top 5 boy bands that are very popular, as well as a list of the top 5 girl groups that are popular as well?

Single artists do not count please.

Posted

I'm conducting a project... so no bashing anyone or any groups. They are all talented in their own ways.

Can people give me a list of the top 5 boy bands that are very popular, as well as a list of the top 5 girl groups that are popular as well?

Single artists do not count please.

Guy Groups would be Big Bang, Super Junior, DBSK/JYJ, Shinee, and 2PM

Girl Groups would be SNSD, Wonder Girls, 2NE1, MISS A? and 4 Minute? Sorry i can't say for the last 2 girl groups.

Note: These are not my bias groups, they are just groups that are really popular and am just helping Sunnirise =] Please don't help sunnirise by posting your bias groups and say "They are really popular" just because you like them lol. If i was to be doing that, i would have been "OMG INFINITE, KARA, BROWN EYED GIRLS! EtC. xD"

Posted

i dont have anyone to add to the boys but it seems that at the moment sistar is more popular than 4minute and miss a

but of course that could be just a phase

wasnt there a news post here the other day where girl groups were rated?

Posted

Boy groups: The TOP would include Big Bang, super junior, dbsk/tvxq (they were more popular before they broke up, but they are still very influential), 2pm, SHINee. Beast is pretty popular too just as a thrown in. 

Girl groups: 2ne1, SNSD, Kara, wonder girls, and then I have a tie between sistar, after school, 4minute and T-ara. 

It usually depends where you are looking at. the ones I listed have strong popularity both in korea and overseas. Some groups are more popular internationally rather than domestically. and some groups are more popular in korea rather than overseas. For example, F(x) is popular mostly just in korea. UKISS seems to be more popular internationally.