Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

is soompi dead

22 posts in this topic

Posted

it used to be so active 5 years ago... what happened?

Posted

People are still here. Or, people have lives and can't check soompi every 4 seconds.

Posted

so active

Well, what made it active and what makes it different from now?

More SUBWAY and korean BBQ threads?

Posted

You may be able to find your answer in one of these responses.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/376776-what-happennnnneeed/

Posted

It's the 5 year curse! or something like that

Posted

Seriously haha. 8 years ago it was super active and busy. Throughout the years it started dying down.. I used to love going on L&R but now most of the stuff posted is wack. Too much sarcastic people as well lol

Posted

Soompi is walking dead...

Posted

Forums in general are kind of dead in this Twitter/Facebook day and age.

Posted

Aww guys don't worry I joined a week ago and I'll get this forum started up in no time w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Joke aside I must admit the forum seems kind of dead to me as well which is sad. But thankfully this one of the few internet sites that makes sense to me. Sure I go on tumblr for time to time and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. But I just can't figure out twitter and that me2day site. So you'll be stuck with me for some time. At least until I figure out the purpose with twitter and me2day something I don't think will happen any time soon.phew.gif

Posted

Well, people started to become busy. It's still active in some way, just not the same.

Posted

I always thought forums were kinda "dead" ... Seems like an old trend to me. Though I am quite sad that soompi isn't as active anymore. 

Posted

it used to be so active 5 years ago... what happened?

A lot of things happened, and yes, 2007 was when the forum was still great.

Well, what made it active and what makes it different from now?

The content.

Seriously haha. 8 years ago it was super active and busy. Throughout the years it started dying down.. I used to love going on L&R but now most of the stuff posted is wack. Too much sarcastic people as well lol

Plus you can tell the ages in there.

Forums in general are kind of dead in this Twitter/Facebook day and age.

Bingo. Don't forget other stuff like iPhone.

Posted

there have been sooo many threads like this lately.... its dead only if oyu make it dead. people have jobs and college and life to deal with, its not as if they have the time to sit down and check soompi every single day. Even if they do, its hard to be on for a long time. Its not necessarily dead, in the L&R forums, its just as busy as ever. Its simply the QUALITY has decreased. Many people on the forums are younger than previous generations and just look at it this way: have different personaloties. The threads are changing and maybe its just not to your style- for example, there have been sooo amny new threads lately ----- but alot of them are girls who are begging for compliments and asking if they are ulzzang when they obviously arent. Do something about threads like that and maybe soompi would be more lively ^_^

Posted

People are still here. Or, people have lives and can't check soompi every 4 seconds.

lol, diss

i wasn't even in to korean music 5 years ago, would have been sweet to experience soompi in its prime days ^^

Posted

I know what you mean, some of the threads are really old.  There's just so many active forums now and different options outside of Soompi ex: 6theory.  I don't think its necessarily dead though ^_^

Posted

soompi is a great site to talk about certain topics. ps soompi will never be dead!

Posted

I suggest soompi go social media somehow.

Or build an app for the forums so its easier to read and post from anywhere.

Posted

I suggest soompi go social media somehow.

Or build an app for the forums so its easier to read and post from anywhere.

That's a good idea!

Posted

I think Soompi is quite alive in comparison to many forums which I had been takin part in in the past.

Also if you take a look on active users, is really quite big, in this Twitter/Facebook times :)

Posted

it might seem dead but look at the ratio of members to guests at the bottom of the main forum page.

Lurker_SC-G_Game1.jpg

some forums allow guests to post (after moderator approval). i wonder if...