Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Freedom, but at what cost

11 posts in this topic

Posted

If you realized that you were living comfortably in a free country because a lot of people had to die and are still dying, would you lose faith in humanity?

For example, let us just speak in completely hypothetical terms, that your nation enjoys a lot of nice things because your nation's military goes and pillages other countries and robs them of their resource, dignity, and life.

Would you be absolutely shocked and hope the military guys pay for what they've done?

Posted

Freedom does not exist!

We are and will always be slaves, modernized slaves.

Posted

No, what makes me lose faith in humanity is the people that enjoy those freedoms and have NO respect or appreciation for the sacrifices made to give them those freedoms and who feel entitled to them without being willing to protect those same freedoms.

And the people that ignorantly are willing to give up those freedoms if they think the pay out will be good enough.

Posted

There is no such thing in freedom, it is a dream that can never be achieved.

To answer your question, yes I would loose faith in humanity if I was living a good lifestyle that others has suffered for. Then again, if we think back into reality, aren't we (speaking about USA and any other countries that it applies to) hurting people already from other countries? For example China, India, and some parts of Africa? China and India for the sweatshops. Africa for their resources, and last but not least the middle east for oil.

Posted

being free is a problem

so many choices

so much angst

Posted

Freedom does not exist!

We are and will always be slaves, modernized slaves.

Amen. Haha.

Posted

freedom is such a broad term. What definition of freedom are you using?

Posted

speech, choice, movement, censorship, sexual preference, etc etc

Posted

No, what makes me lose faith in humanity is the people that enjoy those freedoms and have NO respect or appreciation for the sacrifices made to give them those freedoms and who feel entitled to them without being willing to protect those same freedoms.

i completely agree

you_talk_of_sacrifice.jpg

Posted

I grew up in a middle-class neighborhood with lots of lawyers' sons and daughters--they never did crap except party/smoke weed all the time and complain about whatever luxuries they couldn't afford (some kids drove freaking hummers). If someone isn't raised to fully understand/appreciate the struggles others go through, it's also the fault of their parents/peers. I mean, reading about "poor people" in the papers is too distant/detached of an experience for people to actually understand how good they have it.

Posted

if u do not shop at walmart u wont have enough money to eat or pay rent or go to school therefore competition will rise above you and u will die.
the entire system of america is based on abusing people in 3rd world countries, unless you abuse them you will fail. unless you are very rich and somehow got rich by not abusing those people
so which means u cant be famous cuz common people save money to support their fandome through shopping at placs like walmart, you cant be into fashion, manufacturing raw materials, cant be into mineral based things like most hardware technologies
actually nvm. u cant escape. if u dont abuse people in the USA u will die. but that is because the USA is just lookin out for itself. the true capitalist way! stomp on the weak to get ahead! animal kingdom